What's new

Artemis Academy

maxentius-septimus

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Artemis Academy

A I've decided I won't choose the buyout. I will bid and I have a fairly detailed fate planned if i win.

OP
thetwo

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Back from my thanksgiving holiday. Time to get back to 'work'.

I'd also like to make a point to apologize slightly for something I did with Hitomi. One of the votes (swim/snorkel/scuba) had consequences that I had considered but didn't make explicitly clear in the voting. The voting should have been something like:

A.) Get lightly egged while Swimming (where she can easily call for help)
B.) Get moderately egged while Snorkling (where she will be noticed missing and found after a few minutes)
C.) Get thoroughly egged during SCUBA (where she might be alone for hours without comment)

As it was, I kinda sprung the "game over" on you without warning, and it isn't my intention to do that. I'm not going to explicitly tell you which options are Game Over for a character, but expecting you to guess that "SCUBA = GO" is unreasonable.

I'm not going to re-do that scenario at all, but I'll try to give better hints about consequences in the future. Not that a "Game Over" is actually necessarily "bad"...

== Aurora Norte ==

Aurora looked up from her test, at the frowning, almost panicked concentration among the other students. Then back down. Then at the clock. Half an hour left, but she was done. Nobody else seemed to be done. The normal response seemed to be to go over your work, waiting for someone else to finish.

But that would be at least ten more minutes, probably, and Aurora was confident that if she had made any mistakes that they weren't the sort that could easily be caught. She hadn't struggled with any of the questions, and all the answers had made sense. At this point she'd basically just be taking the test again and comparing results with herself. Which was stupid. Especially when it was such a nice day. And it wasn't as if differential calculus was hard.

She shifted her weight... and saw Sam's shock of blonde hair as she stood up, several rows in front of Aurora. The other girl walked up to the professor's desk, set down her test, and turned to walk away. She stopped, gave the half-standing redhead a knowing smile, and walked out of the classroom.

Aurora practically stormed out of the room after her, barely pausing to put her test on top of Sam's. Outside, she turned to glare at her friend, but Sam wasn't waiting for her. She gave the sky the evil eye instead. It was cloudy. Which wasn't fair, on the last day of finals. It was probably going to -

Aurora started hurrying towards the cafeteria as fat raindrops started to fall. She hurried under the overhang a few seconds after the real downpour started, and flicked a line of drops off her hand at Sam. Who was perfectly dry, if slightly out of breath.

"What took you so long?" Sam looked honestly confused at the glare she got in response. "What?"

Voting... our objective with Aurora.

1.) Turn the virgin into a nymphomaniac.
2.) Harmless Hijinks.
3.) See how many times we can take her virginity (with tentacles)
4.) Turn her into a catgirl. Special note: there is a known synthetic virus that does this, so it isn't inherently suspicious in the way that octopus-pregnancy is.
5.) (Other)

Auction status: Going Twice
Current Bid: 8 points

History:
Starting bid: 5p
11/28/13 13:32; 6p - Bidder 1
11/28/13 14:22; 7p - Bidder 2
11/29/13 11:55; 8p - Bidder 1

Special note: it's still possible to join in the bidding, just post here or shoot me a PM expressing interest or inquiring about your points. I've also included a more thorough (and hopefully more clear) explanation of the auction system, below.

How the auction system works, from a player perspective:

1.) PM me or post in this thread expressing interest.
2.) I will PM you with your point total.
3.) PM me the highest amount you are willing to bid (must be greater than the "current" bid.
4.) Continue to PM me if you wish to increase your maximum bid.
5.) If you win, you are charged at most one point more than the second-highest "maximum bid", and I will contact you regarding at least one epilogue scene. You are canonically the owner of the subject of the auction, though subsequent scenes are at my discretion.
6.) If you do not win, you are charged nothing.
7.) Points roll over to the next auction.

Example:

Starting bid is 5p.
Player 1 PM's me a maximum bid of 8p
Player 2 PM's me a maximum bid of 7p
Player 3 PM's me a maximum bid of 10p.

The result would be the following:
Start: 5p
First bid: 6p (player 1)
Second bid: 7p (player 2)
Third bid: 8p (player 1)
Fourth bid: 9p (player 3)

I would PM each player, informing player 1 and 2 that they had been outbid, and player 3 to inform that that they were the current highest bid. I wait for the duration of one post for further PM's.

Player 1 PMs me a new maximum bid of 50p.

Fifth bid: 10p (player 1)

I again PM players 1 and 3, informing player 3 that they will need to bid at least 11 points to win, and player 1 that they are currently winning.

The fact that Player 1 is charged 10 points rather than 11 is more-or-less a consequence of random chance (plus the fact that I'm not allowing anyone to automatically bid twice in a row - why would they out-bid themselves - or to place an equal bid).

"On the Block" - declaration of the 'goods', time to express interest and learn your point balance (you can also do this later)
"Going Once" - Auction has begun (2 posts with no new bids to declare a winner)
"Going Twice" - Auction is about to end (1 post with no new bids to declare a winner)
"Sold!" - All bids are final, next mention of this character will be their epilogue scene.

I've skipped "going once" due to the long thanksgiving break.

xgkf

Tentacle God
Reputation score

2 & 4, or just 4 if combo votes not allowed.

waowemama

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

1 and 4!
Edit: but I would like to do 1 gradually, make it seem almost like a side effect of 4 so it's not toooo obvious/ game over immediately

OP
thetwo

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Technically, 1+4 won. The way I'm going to play that is basically to make the changes have sexual components when appropriate, gradually building up to nymphomania. So for cat-related changes you can assume sexual consequences, most of the time. It'll be a little slow at first.

== Aurora ==

"Interesting."

The nurse switched to Aurora's other eye, holding back her eyelids with one gleaming hand while she peered through some sort of lens at the math major's pupil. "Interesting? I don't want my eyes to be interesting. I want them to work properly."

"I'm afraid that I don't think I can help you there. At least not right away. But I think your vision problems should clear up on their own. Sort of."

"Should? Sort of? Will I be able to play on Saturday or not!"

"Um... medically, I think you should be able to... but I don't want to say too much until I'm sure."

Aurora glared at the nurse, who had finished looking at her eyes and taken a step back. When it became clear that she really wasn't going to talk, she got off the table and started to walk away.

"Come back tomorrow and I should be able to tell you more."

Aurora grumbled all the way back to her dorm. Her eyes hadn't seemed to be working right practically since the final, but it hadn't really been a problem until today. Until she'd been squinting in too-bright lights and missed what should have been an easy catch. She'd let her team down. It wouldn't happen again.

The redhead stopped at the door to her room, turned around, and went into the bathroom, where she could look closely in a mirror. She'd find out what the nurse thought was so 'interesting'.

Her eyes were a pale green. They looked perfectly healthy. No red veins, no cloudyness. Her pupils were a little on the small side at the moment, but that was no surprise given how bright all the lights seemed to be. She squinted. They were small and... not quite circular. They came slightly to a point at the top and bottom.

Interesting.

Voting: Aurora is going to wake up in the morning looking and/or feeling more... feline. So what's next?

A.) Her teeth. Get a couple of fangs.
B.) Her ears are gone. And replaced with cat ears.
C.) She's got a tail!
D.) She finds herself to be unusually flexible.
E.) She purrs when happy.

Auction status: Sold!
Final Bid: 8 points
Winner: Bidder 1! (I've PM'd the winner, who can choose if they want to be publically known. The epilogue will continue in post-voting spoilers when I've heard from them.)

History:
Starting bid: 5p
11/28/13 13:32; 6p - Bidder 1
11/28/13 14:22; 7p - Bidder 2
11/29/13 11:55; 8p - Bidder 1

Fun fact: 9 people had 8 or more points, out of 13 total that I have a record for.