What's new

Artificial Girl 4 Announced

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score
Re: Artificial Girl 4 Announced

((See, this is yet another example of why I utterly detest the whole loli situation and censorship in general. I just want to be able to play and talk about a game without worrying about what loli and what's not. And instead we end up fighting ourselves about it every time. Just venting breifly at a prime example.))

Anyway, for anyone wondering and who's not been lurking the good people at Hongfire. The current progress on the translation looks something like this...

Unspoken lines: done!
Sweet: done!
Selfish: done!
Mistress: ongoing/ most google
Pleasant: ongoing/ most google
Innocent: ongoing/ most google
Dark: ongoing/ most google
Tense: ongoing/ most google
Aloof: ongoing/ most google
Casual: ongoing/ most google
Humble: ongoing/ most google
Ditzy: ongoing/ most google
Rough: ongoing/ most google
Affable: ongoing/ most google
Faithful: ongoing/ most google
Obscene: ongoing/ most google
Quiet: ongoing/ most google
Calm: ongoing/ most google
Brave: ongoing/ most google
Big sister: ongoing/ most google
Empress: ongoing/ most google
Handsome: ongoing/ most google

Male
Soft: ongoing/ most google
Eloquent: ongoing/ most google
Violent: ongoing/ most google
Manly: ongoing/ most google

Probably around 10% of the translation is done.

known issue:
@ show in some sentences in stead of a character name, google trad seem to be the problem it won't happen once those lines will be translated by someone.
Quoted progress list along with download link for most recent translation was found here.

So still a fair way to go, but they've presumably started to get into the swing of things by now. Gotta say that I really apreciate how well those guys go about making playing these games more possible for the rest of us.

ronin

Lurker
Reputation score

Are you working together with dudes from hongfire squid?

They translated other parts of the game aswell, maybe you guys can help each other out.

This dude has translated the launcher, alot of the creation menus etcetc...

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Probably going to get steamrolled for asking this but here goes; Can this be played on non-jap unicode settings yet?

manty5

Banned
Reputation score

If you use the "hongfire patch", I think that you can use it on non-unicode. Haven't tried it, but heck, they've even made it so you can give the girls non-hieroglyphic names so it looks right.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

If you can use applocale, you can install the game.

This how-to worked for me. Hopefully it will work for you too.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Hmm? Nah, I'm not working with them. I'm just your average lurker snatching up the goodies they put out. Just saying that we're lucky there's a community out there doing this.

Regarding Uni-Code stuff. I believe you need either Jap settings or something like Applocale to install the game, but after that, it's possible to play without. Playing without Jap uni-code settings or Applocale will result in any Japanese symbols being garbled into Russian looking spam text, though assuming you didn't intend to actually read it in Japanese, this obviously isn't much of a problem. The Hongfire patch and translation will replace all that anyway.

For anyone looking over the huge list of mods and work being done in the Hongfire AA thread and feeling lost, the "Hongfire Patch" is basically a combined patch incorporating all the more core mods people have done there. Namely the various individual interface translation mods, and also some extra stuff like the censor mosaic remover. So you don't need to work out downloading and installing all the interface mods separately. (Each item is optional from within the patch installer too, in case you didn't want something.)

Kirshz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Wow, the translation is updating at a pretty fast pace, I'm surprised on how much progress has been covered already.

Unspoken lines: done!
Sweet: done!
Selfish: done!
Mistress: ongoing/ most google
Pleasant: ongoing/ most google
Innocent: mostly done
Dark: done!
Tense: done!
Aloof: done!
Casual: ongoing/ most google
Humble: ongoing/ most google
Ditzy: ongoing/ most google
Rough: done!
Affable: ongoing/ most google
Faithful: done!
Obscene: ongoing/ most google
Quiet: ongoing/ most google
Calm: ongoing/ most google
Brave: ongoing/ most google
Big sister: done!
Empress: ongoing/ most google
Handsome: ongoing/ most google

Male
Soft: done!
Eloquent: ongoing/ most google
Violent: done!
Manly: ongoing/ most google

Comrade

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

For some reason, the install for the copy I downloaded is janky as hell. I can get it to install the character maker (...I think?) but the option to install the actual game is grayed out. I've also had it double install, become unable to un-install, and various other weirdness.

Yes, I'm running Japanese non-unicode, and yes, I changed the install destination. Any ideas?

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

Some news about this... English translations for the game were most of the way done before the shortage of HF but hasn't really picked up at all since then. If anybody here has the time, patience and skill with the two languages, you might want to pop over to the translation thread and help them out some so this can finally be finished. Really wish I knew more Japanese but sadly I barely know enough to not look like a total gaijin.

---Progress so far---

System: Beta
Sweet: Complete
Selfish: Complete
Mistress: Beta
Pleasant: Beta
Innocent: Complete
Dark: Complete
Tense: Complete
Aloof:
Casual: Complete
Humble: Beta
Ditzy:
Rough:
Affable: Complete
Faithful: Complete
Obscene: Alpha V2
Quiet: Complete
Calm:
Brave: Complete
Big Sister: Complete
Empress:Beta
Handsome:Beta
Soft: Complete
Eloquent: Complete
Violent: Complete
Manly: Complete
Cold:
Time Based Events: Complete

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

i just played this for the first time, the games been out for a while and..im not impressed actually..Im also confused...i think i finally got to a hscene with a girl, and all i saw was a floating penis and the girl was what looked to be far away and for some reason the screen was focusing on a penis, it wasnt actually focusing on the guy and girl hardly at all. Im confused as fuck, and i think im going back to AG3.

Kirshz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Honestly, I was fond of the game at first, but it just gets repetitive so quickly once you found out how to win the hearts of your classmates over. This game had so much potential but it wound up having less than desired. Although, I am fond of the game's character creation and the cel-shaded graphics approach they carried over from Schoolm@te, the game play can only hold up for so long

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The fact of the matter is that since Illusion was sued for creating Rapelay they have completely eradicated every fetish what could offend people from they games and as such they become bland and repetitive.

I swear it almost as bad then the catholic church was in middle ages.

e01

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I swear it almost as bad then the catholic church was in middle ages.
Yeah, the parallels are really striking, like how far society goes to promote chastity, the way any sexuality aside from heterosexual relationships within marriage are demonized and criminalized, and the way accusations of heresy and witchcraft are used to control dissent.

Oh, or maybe it's really not at all the same, unless you live in one of the very, very few countries with active Sharia courts....

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

At least the AG3 community is still very much alive, mods still pouring in with plenty of new girls being created and uploaded all the time. Thats at least inspiring. What happened with Rapelay...I do see how kind of OVER the line it was...but then AGAIN...Postal 2 goes hardcore too.

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

Evidently there were some problems with a few of the personalities...dunno what but they've got it all sorted out and should be getting a fully english translation done within the next few weeks. Hopefully.

Coy47

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

right I'm confused is this game actually finished and if so ...where can I download it from.
(something tells me I might get shouted at for this dumb post)

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

right I'm confused is this game actually finished and if so ...where can I download it from.
(something tells me I might get shouted at for this dumb post)
Link in first post, yes it's completed but the full english translation patch is not.

Coy47

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Link in first post, yes it's completed but the full english translation patch is not.
I see well I'll download the hongfire patch and give it a try anyway

Coy47

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

arghr can't get it to work...would help if applocale would just let me run with japanese locale but it won't give me the option!

kaiser501

Reputation score

Nice news :)

I hope in this one add story-line and random characters also :rolleyes: