What's new

[WIP - Full] Assassin Sara [Doujin Circle Gyuu!] (RJ119127/RE119127) Translation

hewhocumsbynight

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Please support the developer and buy the game from Gyuu. At this point at the request of the developer, I will only be releasing a translation patch, which can be applied to the actual game.

I have started work on a translation of Assassin Sara. It's a huge game, and I've just gotten started. As per always, I don't have a schedule, and I'm working on this as the urge takes me.

How to apply the patch: Extract the decrypter program from the attached file, and open the application. Using the application, open the 'Game' data archive from your game's folder, and from the Tools menu select 'Extract All'. The resulting extracted files will show up in the 'Extract' folder, right next to your decrypter application. Cut and paste the new folders into your game's folder, and delete the 'Game' data archive folder. Then, take the data from the patch, and paste it into your game folder. If you get a message warning about over-writing files, you have pasted it into the correct location.

Anyway, this game involves rape and violence. Here's the DLSite page:

Patch Mega Link:

Edit, 9/30/2020: Alright, the prologue and first two missions (Snake and Mayor) should be translated completely, and much of the third mission and most of the first bunny scene in the second town are now translated, as well as the dialogue of NPCs in the first and second cities, except for in the brothel basement. Defeat scenes for both missions should be completely translated, as well as the first sexual harassment scene in the city, the audience scene with the Snake Gang, the defeat scene at the hands of the goons in the third mission, and most of the first bunny scene at the bar in the second town.

Attachments

Last edited:

Oir

Reputation score
Looks like a cool game! I never heard of this circle but I'm looking forward to it! Thanks for the translation!

OP
hewhocumsbynight

hewhocumsbynight

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Looks like a cool game! I never heard of this circle but I'm looking forward to it! Thanks for the translation!
No problem! I highly recommend their games - two of which, Sword Princess Cistina and Treasure Hunter Mai, are completely translated into English. NTR warning for those two games, though.

Shiryuu612

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
No problem! I highly recommend their games - two of which, Sword Princess Cistina and Treasure Hunter Mai, are completely translated into English. NTR warning for those two games, though.
Hope you don't drop this translation I would've loved it if you complete this one too by the way How long is the game?

OP
hewhocumsbynight

hewhocumsbynight

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hope you don't drop this translation I would've loved it if you complete this one too by the way How long is the game?
According to the DLSite, 12-18 hours long. It's taken me over a day to just get the majority of the prologue translated, as well as the manual and various bits and bobs.

asukashinn

Lurker
Reputation score
I absolutely love gyuu games! I kinda am trying on and off with arms devicer s, and am finally beginning to understand the chaotic code that gyuu uses... I think? I'm beginning to think this circle's code is trying to summon an elder god or something.

OP
hewhocumsbynight

hewhocumsbynight

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Speaking from experience, Gyu games are a bitch to translate and REALLY long (I did Cistina) so best of luck to you!
Awesome, man! That's one of my all time favorites, and you did a good job with it. Honestly, I think that my least favorite part of translation is trying to make sense of all the written sound effects, and trying to make them sound sexy/appealling. I think you did a good job with that when you translated Cistina!

Hey, if you can remember, do you know where Gyuu put the script for the 'Useful Functions' menu option? I found the menu entry - so I can translate the label in the menu - but I can't seem to find the event that the options are located in.

Shiryuu612

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
According to the DLSite, 12-18 hours long. It's taken me over a day to just get the majority of the prologue translated, as well as the manual and various bits and bobs.
So You'll translate this 100% right? That's pretty long too I'm kinda excited will you be updating your progress for weeks?

OP
hewhocumsbynight

hewhocumsbynight

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
So You'll translate this 100% right? That's pretty long too I'm kinda excited will you be updating your progress for weeks?
I currently don't have a job, so I'm working on this for now. I'll not make any guarantees, but I certainly intend to translate this completely. It's a staggeringly huge game, though, so it'll take quite a while.

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I absolutely love gyuu games! I kinda am trying on and off with arms devicer s, and am finally beginning to understand the chaotic code that gyuu uses... I think? I'm beginning to think this circle's code is trying to summon an elder god or something.
Gyu's code is....yeah....it's mostly held together by hope and dark magic. There's a lot of recursive events to get those dressup mini games etc. Was not fun figuring those out.

Awesome, man! That's one of my all time favorites, and you did a good job with it. Honestly, I think that my least favorite part of translation is trying to make sense of all the written sound effects, and trying to make them sound sexy/appealling. I think you did a good job with that when you translated Cistina!
Yeah I still struggle with that myself, it's hard since Japanese is a far more onomatopoeic language than English but thanks ! :)

Hey, if you can remember, do you know where Gyuu put the script for the 'Useful Functions' menu option? I found the menu entry - so I can translate the label in the menu - but I can't seem to find the event that the options are located in.
Off the top of my head no I dont I'm afraid, but a way to find it might be to start the game, capture the text some how (chiitrans or TA, whatever you use) go into the "Useful Functions" menu, copy a relatively standout line of text (something you know is unique to that menu I mean) and then search the scripts for it using CTRL+SHIFT+F (searches all scripts). My guess is that the event only actually calls the script and the script is where those options are defined.

If you don't get any results in scripts then at least you know it's -definitely- a Common Event, after that the only real way to find it is to go down the list of Common Events and translate the titles.
Edit: It's also possible Gyu has split up each option into it's own Common Event and then just has an Event that calls all those depending on your choice so watch out for that too.

Just a tip, but I usually translate Switches, Variables and Common Event names first when I'm starting a game, as tedious as it is, it makes the flow of events on Maps etc easier to follow.

poopoopuh

Reputation score
I like the art in this circle's games (the heavy NTR kinda turns me away from actually completing them, sadly) and you've made great translations before, so I'm quite looking forward to this!

OP
hewhocumsbynight

hewhocumsbynight

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I like the art in this circle's games (the heavy NTR kinda turns me away from actually completing them, sadly) and you've made great translations before, so I'm quite looking forward to this!
Thanks! I kind of hate to admit it, but netori, or netorare where I can pretend it's netori, is really growing on me. I don't enjoy the idea of having someone stolen from me, but the idea of stealing someone else's woman really appeals to me. So, the way I tolerate the NTR is to deliberately try to put myself in the perpetrator's shoes while holding the boyfriend/husband character in contempt.

asukashinn

Lurker
Reputation score
I like this circle's games since they tend to have this weird space where either the heroine doesn't think too hard about their growing corruption until they just shrug and go "Oh well, guess I'm a turbo slut!" or they resist it but that encroaching darkness is too sweet a treat after having tasted it once. kinda like doing a virgin run and accidentally triggering a really lewd scene. it becomes harder and harder to go back to a clean run. But thanks Monkeyman767 for the idea of translating the switches, variables and common events first. now that I'm working on that, it's starting to help more and more see what I'm dealing with and what the last person who worked on Arms Devicer S messed up on and how to fix! Also I believe I mentioned before TC that you might wanna make a patreon for yourself. ...Ok, not a patreon since they're sucking ass. so subscribestar or something? People will totally throw money at you so you can focus on doing this stuff if that's what you wanna do. Your translations are quite solid and get better with each game.

OP
hewhocumsbynight

hewhocumsbynight

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
it's starting to help more and more see what I'm dealing with and what the last person who worked on Arms Devicer S messed up on and how to fix!
Best of luck with your translation! I remember playing Arms Devicer way back in the day... four or five years ago, maybe? About two hard drives ago, that's for sure. I'll be eagerly anticipating your translation!

Anyway, I do have a Patreon that I set up as a tip jar, but doing translations is more of a hobby for me - I don't want to have to hold myself to a schedule, which I would if I was being paid. On the other hand, I'm currently unemployed...

Sanin92

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Thanks for doing this. Circle Gyuu games are a treat and I always wanted to play this one.

asukashinn

Lurker
Reputation score
Oh right, forgot to say that even if you just have it said that the tip jar or any kind of sub is to help you do translations more fulltime, you can still remind them that translation work is not a quick thing if you want more than some broken mess of a translation that most make. Basically making them acknowledge that their funding you won't speed up the process per se, but in a way it does by giving you something to focus on instead of time being split into also finding work and all the headaches that come with it. But yes, back on subject of the game, I looove Circle Gyu and Circle Kame games since they have delicious preg stuff and that always hits the spot for me. Been wanting to play the one that Kagura has in the wings but dammit they're taking too long!

DustyX

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Heyo!

Not sure if I've applied the translation patch incorrectly, but after getting past the prologue mission and into free roam, I found that combat as level 1 was decidedly more difficult and ended up losing after the first few fights in short order. The defeat event wasn't translated for much but I'm not sure if that's a product of me not having applied the patch correctly or if that part simply hasn't been translated yet.

I mean, the rest seems to of been so I'm thinking it's just the latter?