What's new

[WIP - Full] Assassin Sara [Doujin Circle Gyuu!] (RJ119127/RE119127) Translation

OP
hewhocumsbynight

hewhocumsbynight

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Heyo!

Not sure if I've applied the translation patch incorrectly, but after getting past the prologue mission and into free roam, I found that combat as level 1 was decidedly more difficult and ended up losing after the first few fights in short order. The defeat event wasn't translated for much but I'm not sure if that's a product of me not having applied the patch correctly or if that part simply hasn't been translated yet.

I mean, the rest seems to of been so I'm thinking it's just the latter?
Hey there! So, each area has it's own defeat event, so it's entirely possible that I haven't translated it yet. As for combat, it is quite hard at Level 1. How Gyuu sets enemy leveling is somewhat frustrating, in that they level up with the protagonist after 5 levels. So, the enemy starts out at level 1, and is about as strong as you. As you get a few level ups, you begin to win fights more easily, until you hit level 5, at which point every enemy in the game also levels up, and you'll get your ass kicked again. So, if you want to be undefeated, I recommend an opportunistic strategy, and that you avoid the majority of the mooks. After you get to the first town, buy magic potions, so you can freely use your skills. Once you get more skills, you'll be able to win battles with ease.

OP
hewhocumsbynight

hewhocumsbynight

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Where is administration?
It is important.
Thank.
I'm sorry, but I don't know what you're referring to by 'Administration'. This translation is very much a work in progress, and it's entirely possible that I haven't reached that portion of the game yet.

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Don't bother, it's just one of the few account that repeat the same angrish message now and then. Even seen it appear doing the same at AS.
Might even be some kind of bot or someone trying to identigy administator right account to target for attack....

Shiryuu612

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Hey there! So, each area has it's own defeat event, so it's entirely possible that I haven't translated it yet. As for combat, it is quite hard at Level 1. How Gyuu sets enemy leveling is somewhat frustrating, in that they level up with the protagonist after 5 levels. So, the enemy starts out at level 1, and is about as strong as you. As you get a few level ups, you begin to win fights more easily, until you hit level 5, at which point every enemy in the game also levels up, and you'll get your ass kicked again. So, if you want to be undefeated, I recommend an opportunistic strategy, and that you avoid the majority of the mooks. After you get to the first town, buy magic potions, so you can freely use your skills. Once you get more skills, you'll be able to win battles with ease.
Hello Just want to ask Are you still translating these? I just thought I asked since It's been a few years xD

OP
hewhocumsbynight

hewhocumsbynight

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hello Just want to ask Are you still translating these? I just thought I asked since It's been a few years xD
Hi. So, I've still got the files, but I haven't touched Assassin Sara in years. I'd like to come back around at some point, but I can't make any promises about when or even if that might be.

If anyone reading this wants to take over, feel free to do so. Gyuu asked that only the translation patch be made available, but if you've got an extracted copy of the game, I'm happy to provide the files I've edited so far.

Shiryuu612

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Hi. So, I've still got the files, but I haven't touched Assassin Sara in years. I'd like to come back around at some point, but I can't make any promises about when or even if that might be.

If anyone reading this wants to take over, feel free to do so. Gyuu asked that only the translation patch be made available, but if you've got an extracted copy of the game, I'm happy to provide the files I've edited so far.
It's okay I just wanted to know if you drop or something xD I got the Japanese one can you share the edited files?

By the way What are you translating at the moment?

OP
hewhocumsbynight

hewhocumsbynight

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
It's okay I just wanted to know if you drop or something xD I got the Japanese one can you share the edited files?

By the way What are you translating at the moment?
Well, my official project is currently Arle the Sorceress. I'm toying around with one of Gyuu's other games too, since Kagura's taking forever with it. I don't think I'll be finishing that one before Kagura releases, though.

I'll DM you the link.

Shiryuu612

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Well, my official project is currently Arle the Sorceress. I'm toying around with one of Gyuu's other games too, since Kagura's taking forever with it. I don't think I'll be finishing that one before Kagura releases, though.

I'll DM you the link.
Sure but you are translating this game after Arle the Sorceress right? It's fine if you translate Arle first

I'll DM you the link.
Hello the one you send me gave me this error?
1622378364684.png
I'm so sorry for the trouble xD Is there a fix for that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiryuu612

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Hmm... Interesting.

Did this just happen when you opened the game? And you're running the game in a Japanese locale? I just opened the game up, and it seems to be running fine.
Yeah I'm on japanese locale too by the way it gives me that error

OP
hewhocumsbynight

hewhocumsbynight

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Yeah I'm on japanese locale too by the way it gives me that error
Okay... Weird. I've zipped my entire game folder, and uploaded it here:

Can you open that file up and tell me what happens? Because it's still working a-okay for me.

Shiryuu612

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Can you open that file up and tell me what happens? Because it's still working a-okay for me.
Sure I'll try it now and see if it still gives the same error

Now It works thanks by the way Just want to ask is there a quicker way to learn skills or Inspire skills on these and from the other games? Like you know modifying it through RPGMaker vx ace?

OP
hewhocumsbynight

hewhocumsbynight

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Now It works thanks by the way Just want to ask is there a quicker way to learn skills or Inspire skills on these and from the other games? Like you know modifying it through RPGMaker vx ace?
Hmm... Not really for skills. You learn some by going up a level, of course, and you can learn magic from spell books, but as far as I remember, skills require you to fight and get inspired. There aren't any trainers or anything that I recall.

Shiryuu612

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Hmm... Not really for skills. You learn some by going up a level, of course, and you can learn magic from spell books, but as far as I remember, skills require you to fight and get inspired. There aren't any trainers or anything that I recall.
Hmm level up? I thought that the characters in gyuu learns skills by random in battles? It's like that for Treasure Hunter Mai and Princess Cistina

OP
hewhocumsbynight

hewhocumsbynight

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hmm level up? I thought that the characters in gyuu learns skills by random in battles? It's like that for Treasure Hunter Mai and Princess Cistina
Yeah, that's how it mostly goes. I think I remember seeing that some skills are gated behind levels, though - like you can't get the inspiration until you've hit a level, and then it'll show up in some battle. I could be wrong, though. That wasn't something I was focusing much on.

Shiryuu612

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Yeah, that's how it mostly goes. I think I remember seeing that some skills are gated behind levels, though - like you can't get the inspiration until you've hit a level, and then it'll show up in some battle. I could be wrong, though. That wasn't something I was focusing much on.
Oh I see but what do you mean by gated behind the levels? You mean i should reach a certain level like for example 50 and it will inspire a new skill?

OP
hewhocumsbynight

hewhocumsbynight

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Oh I see but what do you mean by gated behind the levels? You mean i should reach a certain level like for example 50 and it will inspire a new skill?
Yeah! It could have been leftover code - because Gyuu's got a bad habit of that (Mai's breastplate and the quest items from THM show up in the Knights of Messiah data, for example), but it looked like some skills can only be inspired after a certain level was reached. Or that's what I thought. IDK, you've got the data. Pop it open in RPGMaker and take a look.

Shiryuu612

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Yeah! It could have been leftover code - because Gyuu's got a bad habit of that (Mai's breastplate and the quest items from THM show up in the Knights of Messiah data, for example), but it looked like some skills can only be inspired after a certain level was reached. Or that's what I thought. IDK, you've got the data. Pop it open in RPGMaker and take a look.
Ohhhh I see i haven't tried Knights of Messiah though because It's on MTL and has a lot of bugs yeah I'll try looking into it in RPGMaker now xD