What's new

Avarras -Old Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Avarras

Bell smiled as she lifted herself out of the pool, wrapping the towel around herself as she did so, and walked around the rock slowly, cooing gently the entire time. "Aww, come back here little one, you're so cute..."

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The small bear had apparently disappeared...Although there were some unusual brown hairs left behind.

Outside, Anthony continued his stretching. Jack, on the other hand, would be surprised by a voice coming from a few feet behind him. "Show me."

Shiraishi was standing there, with a short stick in his hand. It was of a similar length to the training sword Anthony had grabbed.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Hmm..." Bell says, picking up a couple hairs and running them between her fingers before letting them drop. She picks up her bracer from where it fell and checks the time, deciding that she should probably start looking for the others by now. She quickly dries herself off and puts her shirt and skirt back on, then starts wandering around again, trying to make her way back outside. She did want to find the others, but the guy said to stay away from the obstacle course and frankly, she was curious as to why. It couldn't be that bad, could it?

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Bell finds the main hall easily enough. Once back outside, she could see that Shiraishi had a newcomer off to one side, and was preparing to spar with him, apparently.

...Anthony, on the other hand, was next to the obstacle course. As Bell watched, he turned it on, and the reason of the warning became immediately apparent. The various swinging bars, weighted bags, and other whirring, whirling devices sprung into motion, moving at a speed that seemed almost impossible for someone to deflect or dodge.

Anthony merely leaped into the course, and began moving quite rapidly through it. There was an occasional *klack* as he deflected something, but for the most part, it seemed that he was simply dodging.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Bell just stood in awe for a moment, trying to follow Anthony's movements as he went through the obstacle course. Looking at the other two and seeing that she hadn't been noticed yet, she simply found a comfy patch of grass and sat down, content to watch for the moment.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jack looked over to the other man for a moment, a bit surprised it seemed. Finally he bowed his head slightly, knowing this was some kind of test, and that he was likely out matched to begin with.

He spun the sword once, eyes looking in one particular place before striking out with a sparring blow.... in a different spot than where he was looking.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Shiraishi nodded as he deflected the strike. "Again."

By this point, Anthony had made his way through the obstacle course, and was slowing down the course, probably preparing to turn the mechanisms off.

Last edited:

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Bell watches Anthony tune down the obstacle course, then refocuses on the sparring match, which is about to become more interesting as it speeds up.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jack nodded, knowing now he was most certainly over matched by the other man. He then struck out again, going half through one swing at one angle before cutting back out at a different one at the last moment.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

This time, Shiraishi actually moved his arms, rather than just his wrists. Again, he nodded. "Yes. About what I expected..."

He trailed off when he saw that Bell was outside now, as well. Shiraishi then proceeded to raise his voice enough to be heard by all three of the others. "Come. It is time to explain what I can."

That said, he walked back into the hall, and sat back in his chair, waiting.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Bell was just deciding whether to stretch out on the grass when Shiraishi called out. Instead, she just got up and followed him into the hall, moving at a lazy walking speed as she had a headstart.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jack took a moment to still himself, then casually placed the training sword back in the same spot he had taken it from, before heading after Shiriashi. It wouldn't be long before he had caught up with not only him, but the female he had spotted only a moment ago as well.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Anthony was the last in, also having put his training sword away, and picking up his guitar bag.

Shiraishi spoke again once everyone was in. "It seems as if you two have both seen something that happened ten years or so ago. The fact that you both saw the same thing, at apparently the same time, leads me to believe that there's something going on. I have no answers as of yet, since I don't have enough pieces of this puzzle. Anthony will be helping me find more. I leave it up to you two to decide your involvement. For now, return to your lives. Something will happen, I believe, if you are meant to aid in this undertaking."

Something that Bell and Jack would note is that there appears to be a hologram of a blue and gold butterfly floating around the room. If they think back, they'd note that it was there earlier, but they just didn't notice it.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"So that's it? Just go back and do nothing? What about that crazy one-eyed psychopath? What if the 'something happening' is him paying a visit to my house?" Bell asked, somewhere between incredulous and hysterics. Her arms move wildly with every sentence, exaggerating her point, stopping once she's done and trying to swat at the holographic butterfly, which had flown too close to her head. "And what is up with that butterfly in here?!"

Last edited:
OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Anthony quietly shook his head at Bell's outburst, but said nothing. Shiraishi, on the other hand, quietly nodded before speaking. "Shortly after the fight you witnessed, that tower collapsed. I checked the ruins within minutes of the collapse. There were only Anthony's tracks leading away from the tower. All of the signs from it pointed to Vincent not escaping. As for the butterfly...Think of it as a decoration."

He paused, then spoke again. "If you truly are bothered by the possibility that you spoke of, then you may take up residence in the guest house." Shiraishi gestured towards the outbuilding that had been on the far side of the yard.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jack simply shook his head. "IF he did survive it and decides to pay me a visit, we'll see if he can survive a twelve gauge to the face."

There is a smallish smirk on his face, but he's clearly not too happy about there being nothing they can do right now. "Eh, I still have half an hour before I have to be back at the shop, are there any good places to grab a quick bite to eat around here?"

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Bell took a moment to calm herself down, knowing that yelling would get her nowhere. Finally, she just shook her head. "No, I guess there's really no point. Here or there, doesn't really matter, and I'd rather sleep in my own bed." She says then turns to Jack. "There's plenty of places for good food around, I could use some myself. I'm Bell." She says with a charming smile, doing her best to put today's events out of her mind already.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jack nods then turns to Bell. "Ah, name is Jack, nice to meet you Bell. You said you know of a few places? Mind showing me to one of them then please?"

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

((Denies urge to make a lewd joke about that question... o_O))

"Sure thing, Handsome." She says with a charming smile, leading the way back out of the building and giving another swat at the butterfly. She turns back once right before they leave, however. "Are you coming Anthony? You must be pretty hungry too."

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Anthony was visibly about to agree, when Shiraishi spoke. "He will find something here. There is still some training he needs to do."

There's no audible response, but it would seem that Cross wasn't exactly thrilled about whatever it was Shiraishi was talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.