OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Avarras

Shiraishi raised an eyebrow, and glanced over at Anthony, who gave a shrug. "I was using that to find doors to the Velvet Room."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Oookay." Bell says slowly, catching on. "You spread that rumour because you didn't know where a door was, hoping to create one in this very house, smart. Did it work?"

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Anthony shrugged. "Haven't checked yet. Was going to wait until Jack was done with work before I did."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Bell nods understanding as she finishes the last of her plate. "Makes sense. How long'll that be?"

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Both Anthony and Shiraishi finished as well. "He said it'd be six when he closed."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Bell checks the time on her bracer, not seeing a clock on the wall after a glance around. "Well that gives us plenty of time. I was meaning to try that obstacle course of yours, if you can slow it down somewhat. I figure after yesterday, I should probably learn how to defend myself better."

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Shiraishi glances over at Anthony, who nods. "Very well, follow me."

He leads Bell out to the course, and begins fiddling with the controls. "Might want to grab a weapon from the rack."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Bell nods, setting the laquered box she's been carrying around down beside the course and walking over to the rack, taking another look through it as she had when she first arrived.

((You said there was just all sort of swords and otherwise bladed weapons right? Apart from the fact that they're all wooden trainers, of course))

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

((Yeah. You could probably find some tonfa, though.))

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

((Okies. Also, I have my scanner up and running, now all I have to do is spend the time ti draw up what's in the box ;) don't expect much though, its inorganic so I'll be alright, but I'm definitely no artist...))

Bell finds a pair of tonfa hiding on the one side that she missed the first time around, smiling as she grabbed them and returned to Anthony at the start of the course. "Alright, I'm ready. Any pointers?"

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Anthony thought for a moment, then responded, "Don't stop. It'll only add to the stinging."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Great." Bell says sarcastically, getting ready to go through when another question occurred to her. "One more thing. Do these things have too much torque for me to stop if I try to block them?"

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

A shook head and a "Not at this speed." were the response. Bell would find she could actually see the obstacles moving at this speed.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Alright..." Bell says, carefully studying the pattern of movement on the course for a moment before jumping in.

She does alright for a while, getting about a quarter of the way through the course before getting bogged down at a group of three spinning dummies. She dodged one and blocked the other, but the third clipped her on the side of the face. Reeling from that, she didn't have time to react as the first continued to spin, bringing a low stick around and sweeping her feet out from under her and landing her on her back, hard.

Groaning, she reached out a hand and both feet to stop the three dummies she was still in range of, laying there for a moment and rubbing the side of her face with her free hand.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Unfortunately...The machine seemed to have better stamina than Bell did, and started trying to force her arm out of the way. Anthony had noticed this, and had darted over to the rack briefly, at full speed, before returning to the controls.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Her arm straining against the machine, Bell quickly collected herself and grabbed for both of the tonfa with her spare hand. She carefully got her head out of the way, then changed her grip on the machine from holding off to hanging on. It dragged her in a half circle as she got up and jumped away, going sideways now as she attempted to take the shortest path out.

A minute later she did just that, though she had a couple more hits on her shoulder and shins to show for it. She sat down where she was and started examining the bruises that were starting to show, biting her lip and inhaling sharply every time she touched a sore spot.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As she made it towards the edge of the course, Anthony jammed the practice sword he'd picked up into the machinery, effectively stopping it. He turned to look at Bell. "Might want to consider soaking in the hot springs inside. I can show you where that is if you need..."

He shook his head slightly, then continued, "I may suggest not trying that again soon. Perhaps some actual training first?"

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Bell laughed a bit. "No, I know where it is, I stumbled across it yesterday. Got peeped on too, something small and furry."

She got up slowly, and stretched a little to keep the muscles from bunching up too badly. "As for the training, I've had some, but it was a little bit over a decade ago, and these aren't what I trained with." She says, motioning to the tonfa still on the ground.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Anthony just stops when she mentions her visitor yesterday. "Small and fu...Was it brownish colored?"

((Oh yeah...Made a slight update to Anthony's profile in the information thread.))

Last edited:

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Yeah... Or at least, the couple hairs it left behind were, I didn't get that good of a look at it..." Bell says slowly, unsure where anthony was wanting to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.