AWMBI - Discussion

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: AWMBI - Discussion

There's no way to actually reduce the points you lose.

However, by taking resistances, you increase your roll to avoid the ill effects of being below zero.

If you have 5 Willpower, 5 Iron Woman, then you should be able to take quite a beating below zero before failing a survival check, "surviving by her sheer force of will."

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

<.< you know we've learned that by struggling around it makes the one that is being saved harder to be saved. We've also learned that while inside the things body it's very hard to attack so it would be better if they are saved first.

Kayi

Reputation score

There's no way to actually reduce the points you lose.

However, by taking resistances, you increase your roll to avoid the ill effects of being below zero.

If you have 5 Willpower, 5 Iron Woman, then you should be able to take quite a beating below zero before failing a survival check, "surviving by her sheer force of will."
Wait wait... resistance ONLY increases the ability to resist ill effects after we drop below zero? Shouldn't it reduce the damage we take from the offset somehow?

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

... So thinking back to Raptors post....

Since Emily has a high willpower it will be very hard for her to go unconscious or something like that?

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

She's got pretty good mental stability, but it won't be "very hard" for her to fail a survival check.

If she barely goes below zero, there's only a slight chance she might fail the check, but the more damage she takes, the harder the check becomes.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

Well I didn't know about that type of system even though I've pretty much read all the posts in the AWMBI forum *I love to read SHUT UP*

That's good because I wanted to make my character seem like the type that never really gives up <.<

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, that's what I liked about this system.

As a human being, you have limits, but you can try to push those limits with sheer force of will.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Although on another note, people have different reactions when their mind breaks. Azure for example goes into a sex craze... but what about a psycho killer like Luna? From what I can gather, she'd likely go on a suicidal rampage in an attempt to kill everything. (At least I can picture her doing that rather than become a plain nympho, but meh.)

"All of you... all of you are filthy! Everything is unclean! Die die die! Everyone and everything!"

*insert insane laughter*

Would it be possible to have different effects for when a person's mind is utterly snapped?

(Just for flavor really.)

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well... the problem with that is that is a really beneficial way of having your mind snap =/

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

Hey RJ you don't care if I improvise how my metaphysics things works right?

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Well... the problem with that is that is a really beneficial way of having your mind snap =/
Well, I'm assuming usually they'll be way too weakened by that point, and honestly, against these monsters... charging in like an idiot swinging like crazy (and at this point the person would probably be using her bare fists) is just plain suicide. Hell, if anything it'd make the lives of the people who have to save the girl worse since they'd have to knock some sense into her before she injures them.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hey RJ you don't care if I improvise how my metaphysics things works right?
As long as your power doesn't stray too far from, "You're no longer pregnant, and I used points to cast this." you should be alright.

Well, I'm assuming usually they'll be way too weakened by that point, and honestly, against these monsters... charging in like an idiot swinging like crazy (and at this point the person would probably be using her bare fists) is just plain suicide. Hell, if anything it'd make the lives of the people who have to save the girl worse since they'd have to knock some sense into her before she injures them.
That actually sounds like something that'd have to be taken as a quality. Just as loli stated, it would actually not be bad at all to go into a sexual craze if that's what happened.

You can flavor it to your liking, but it can't stray from the fact that your character becomes aroused, and gives into the rape.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

RaptorJesus;51620 That actually sounds like something that'd have to be taken as a quality. Just as loli stated said:
Actually :O, could we make that a quality then? I'd love to take that one, since I've noticed another drawback I could take that would be in character.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

That actually sounds like something that'd have to be taken as a quality. Just as loli stated, it would actually not be bad at all to go into a sexual craze if that's what happened.

You can flavor it to your liking, but it can't stray from the fact that your character becomes aroused, and gives into the rape.
Actually :O, could we make that a quality then? I'd love to take that one, since I've noticed another drawback I could take that would be in character.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

I just made her hands glow a blue color... that's about it... and she has to touch their pregnant stomach <.<

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

But for her to actually not give in... I'd have to place that at a hefty 5 point quality, due to the severe advantage of it.

I just made her hands glow a blue color... that's about it... and she has to touch their pregnant stomach <.<
That's fine. :p

Stuff like special effects, that still accomplish the same end, are fine.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

But for her to actually not give in... I'd have to place that at a hefty 5 point quality, due to the severe advantage of it.

That's fine. :p

Stuff like special effects, that still accomplish the same end, are fine.

Sounds like a plan really :V, I took way too many filler qualities.

Kayi

Reputation score

I wonder if "weaknesses" were considered to be added as a drawback, the same way resistances are in advantages.

Azure certainly has one or two weaknesses I could add based on the way you described it.

*has a small list of adjustments for Azure due to various events.*

P.S.
How do orgasms actually affect the girls, other than seeming to trigger off the monsters?