What's new

AWMBI - Discussion

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score
Re: AWMBI - Discussion

Hey RJ Emily would make good support for the zoo mission, right?

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Absolutely, the ability to heal victims of pregnancy is a handy thing.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm not angry at it either, just calling out a hang-up in the balance-fairness meter. A player having 75 free essence points, as well as a second metaphysics ability, when most of the players that have been going from the start haven't even raised a single skill yet is bound to make people a little bitter RJ.

Also, River is still kicking ass with a .32 and a single point in her handgun skill, what's all this about not having good enough weapons? :p

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I have a few main problems with this:
1. Aya is built for combat: And with her being evil, that eliminates a lot of non-combat related skills. Add that with her essence/inspired skills getting bullshit, in combat, it's no longer a matter of just trying to get her shield down while she's counterattacking, it's a matter of fighting where you cannot grapple (holy fire), most of your attacks are useless for the longest time (divine shield) and even when the shield goes down, Aya's stats are pretty good combatwise and she can just pistol people down/dodge.

What this means is that while you're trying to gun her shield down, she's gunning you down with pretty damned good shooting skills.

2. Divine shield is bullshit.

3. She's eventually going to be even more bullshit, as you said, where it'll take more and more players just to take her out. This means that the required group size is going to start getting huge, to the point where more than half the characters need to go on a single looting run just to not get screwed over.

4. Her resource pool can easily get much better than ours, after all, what's to stop her from doing the occasional search and getting one of the better guns that was promised to us? As well, any resources she finds essentially become hers, as she doesn't need to share.

5. With her growing stronger due to being with the goddess, she negates one of the weakness of the inspired, which was suppose to be slower power gain.
I have many more reasons, but the bottom line is this:
Fix the bullshit, or Selena is out.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

It's not like Aya is free to attack the survivors at any time... Any fights that occur between the two are completely arranged by me, so as not to have lone survivors be overwhelmed.
Read that again Loli before you decide to withdraw.

And when Keylo gets back from his trip you might have three people for the zoo mission XD

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Read that again Loli before you decide to withdraw.

And when Keylo gets back from his trip you might have three people for the zoo mission XD
I read it, and it's only a partial reason for why I will withdraw if this is not resolved.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

I have no idea how arranged fights would make you want to withdraw more.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

Bad way to try to argue with someone Burnt... very bad way...

To be honest I thought it was balanced because there was only one of Aya so far. To be arguing about this is almost like arguing against having the goddess herself in the game.

Now if there was more then one... Then I would be on the other side =/

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Does arranged fights refer to plotline missions only? Or no? Or will it be the unfortunate: "OH SHIT IT'S AYA" during a looting run that turns into a fight to the death?

But that aside, Loli brings up some interesting points, some of which can probably be addressed with some rather simple "tweaks".

Resource Pool: Either ban her from looting runs, or giving her a penalty on looting. Simple. The goddess's followers seem to rely mainly on instinct and inspired powers, so it'd be plausible for them "not to be interested" in collecting weapons and supplies.

Slower Level Gain: Set Aya's experience in the negatives for now. It'd make sense actually. Aya, who has suddenly gained a massive amount of power, will require time to get used to it and become accustomed to it before she can learn more. There is a limit to how much power a person can learn to harness at once, so this would make sense.

Effective even without the shield: This will be left to BurntToast for the most part, but if ammo is scarce and limited, I don't see this becoming a problem really.

@TWO: Well, for now anyway. As long as both sides avoid confrontation for a while, I don't see too much of a problem honestly. Although I believe the main concerns are for "possible" problems in the future.

BurntToast

Lurker
Reputation score

Bad way to try to argue with someone Burnt... very bad way...

To be honest I thought it was balanced because there was only one of Aya so far. To be arguing about this is almost like arguing against having the goddess herself in the game.

Now if there was more then one... Then I would be on the other side =/

More then likly Aya will be the only player character that the goddess has on her side, thus more then likly the only character that's this powerful alone and ect. Beside's, I'm not planning on having Aya go out and start beating up characters for no reason. So during a looting run none of you will have to worry about Aya coming to rape your character. No need to whine and moan about any of this. Sheesh.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Guys, my purpose was never for Aya's abilities to be a bullshit imbalance, Aya's never going to be as powerful as the goddess, and she was defeated by four girls, and the way Jenn, Iris, and Luna did damage to her, I noticed they could have easily beat her on their own.

Aya will not be assisted if she attacks the survivors, making it a three on one, and Aya would be at the disadvantage then.

But, if the stats and such really matter so much, I'll pull Aya's powers and make her normal, and just throw some other evil Inspired characters with her to generate the same effect, while keeping her at her previous stats.

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Moving to PMs with RJ in order to prevent unneeded filler comments (looking at you Burnt :| )

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

Also don't forget that none of the characters are allowed to kill each other as stated by RJ before. This gives people a huge advantage especially when they are in groups of three.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Does arranged fights refer to plotline missions only? Or no? Or will it be the unfortunate: "OH SHIT IT'S AYA" during a looting run that turns into a fight to the death?
Yes, plotline only, Aya will never suddenly appear.

Resource Pool: Either ban her from looting runs, or giving her a penalty on looting. Simple. The goddess's followers seem to rely mainly on instinct and inspired powers, so it'd be plausible for them "not to be interested" in collecting weapons and supplies.
That was already my plan, if I gave Aya weapons, I'd only intend them for use on monsters, or other NPC foes she might have to fight. Since they're deadly weapons, they're not for permitted use against PCs.

Slower Level Gain: Set Aya's experience in the negatives for now. It'd make sense actually. Aya, who has suddenly gained a massive amount of power, will require time to get used to it and become accustomed to it before she can learn more. There is a limit to how much power a person can learn to harness at once, so this would make sense.
The only thing she'll be gaining, at a limited extent, is Inspired abilities.

Effective even without the shield: This will be left to BurntToast for the most part, but if ammo is scarce and limited, I don't see this becoming a problem really.
Aya's still human, as far as her body goes, so if she attacks more than one survivor alone, the bonus they'll get from attacking her from more than one side would kill her. The shield will be like a measure of her health, once it's gone, the Goddess will save her, and pull her from the field of battle with her little teleport spell.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Here's the thing, our three characters would be trying to kill the evil inspired/Aya. That's disadvantageous to the survivors/good inspired, not the other way around. All the evil inspired/Aya would be trying to do, would be to rape the survivors/good inspired and then drag them off for breeding/raping/conversion. That means, we can't even pull actions that would effectively kill Aya, (meaning we can't go full force) while Aya on the other hand can go all out on us. Of course, if a drawback of being evil inspired is that you CAN be killed... I have no problem with this.

BurntToast

Lurker
Reputation score

RJ are you going to be to busy with PM's to reply in the "Need to feed" topic? If so I'm going to head offline.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

The goddess is an NPC boss, Aya is a Player Character. That's a pretty important difference. Now, on it's own, Divine shield isn't that bullshit, but combined with a second metaphysics right off the bat, a more-than-doubled essence pool for free, the apparently brand new Inspired ability to go over 100% essence pool (a guess at what Gold represents) and the already combat-oriented character under that, Aya is a bit of a min-maxed character, and makes every other Player Character in the game look rather pitiful by a rather large margin. Now, the Goddess herself I am guessing has maybe half again that essense pool, somewhere around 200, and nearly managed to beat not one, not two, but three Player characters, as well as one of the other powerful NPCs in the game. The only possible drawback that I can see of all this is that massive essence pool is probably like a shining lighthouse in the middle of the city, drawing vastly more monsters than most other characters would.

Oh wait, I forgot, 90% of the monsters are under the Goddess' control, aren't they? Nevermind then, there's no way such creatures would even try to go against one of their master's servants, I guess that kinda nerfs that drawback a fair bit, doesn't that.

So, having written all that, I have discovered that no, I'm still not angry, but I am one of those bitter people I mentioned earlier :/

EDIT: aaargh, ninja'd 8 times while writing this...

Last edited: