What's new

AWMBI - Discussion

ZeroSpace

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: AWMBI - Discussion

Lol I won't.
But it was cliché alright, I've seen a lot of stories where scenes similar happened, I quite expected it to be like that.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Alright, Zero's gone to bed, Imma going to find a quiet spot at work and have a nap :3

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Since the last mission is done and done, I'm gonna wait for 24 hours before I start the next day.

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

So what do I get for beating the mission?
Edit- By the way I'm getting offline now. Night everyone.

Last edited:
OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Same rules still apply from before, Jesse the shopkeeper will be more willing to give you lots of things from the shop.

Out of character, you got points. :p

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The things that I made up that decide how much you can take from Jesse's store.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Baww, my internet cut out last night shortly after I got home, so I'm sorry if I missed out on some Inn post opportunities! Just assume that Claire got quiet in front of a bunch of people, if they showed up? *going to go read and hopefully catch up, now!*

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I was thinking of doing a mission but jeez, without realizing it, I kinda gave Jo no offensive strengths. I was kinda thinking in terms of tanking, or in nonrpg terms, "try to get raped as much as possible but still survive." ... and i'm not an rpg player

Janna

Lurker
Reputation score

I was thinking of doing a mission but jeez, without realizing it, I kinda gave Jo no offensive strengths. I was kinda thinking in terms of tanking, or in nonrpg terms, "try to get raped as much as possible but still survive." ... and i'm not an rpg player
That was something that I noticed in my sad attempt at running a PBP game.

If you give people the ability to really customize their characters, you're going to end up with a wide range of combat capability. And then you're left in an annoying place where the same enemy will be an instant lose for Character A and an instant win for Character B.

And, although Caitlyn complains about it IC, pretty much the smartest solution is to limit the number of characters who can be active in any scene at a time. That way, you can at least limit the number of variables that you have to deal with and juggle the enemies so that no character feels totally useless.

One of the other issues is that for any highly specialized character (like Caitlyn, really) you get into the "When All You Have is a Hammer, Everything Looks Like a Nail" problem. Combat focused characters are going to be most confident in their combat skills and so will be looking for ways to turn anything into a combat situation. Diplomats are going to be continually trying to chat up anybody that they encounter. Mechanics are going to be looking for ways to MacGyver their way out of a problem.

And that can work really well if you get a mixed team, but if you end up with a diplomat on a "Go Kill All The Zombies" mission, they're just going to end up feeling useless. Same for Edge Twinsword being assigned to go search through a medical library for research information on the outbreak.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Janna, your posts are awesome. X3

I wonder if RJ would award points to training if Claire asked Caitlyn for some help -- Caitlyn's more versed in comabat, isn't she?

(I'd like to end up with a more rounded character in terms of skills, but I don't want to lobotomize her emotions and mental reactions to things just to grind for points! :eek:)

Janna

Lurker
Reputation score

Janna, your posts are awesome. X3

I wonder if RJ would award points to training if Claire asked Caitlyn for some help -- Caitlyn's more versed in comabat, isn't she?

(I'd like to end up with a more rounded character in terms of skills, but I don't want to lobotomize her emotions and mental reactions to things just to grind for points! :eek:)
Caitlyn has like level 1 in Firearms and Brawling to represent a little self-defense training and I always imagined she's got an NRA membership. I don't know how well she could train someone but it would be worth a shot.

EDIT: Also, y'know, thanks *blushes* :D

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Just wondering, is the congressman that she worked for a Republican or a Democrat? XD Claire might swing towards light politics and I'm guessing that, with the combination of Caitlyn's interests and stuff, that he was a Republican...

though if I'm completely wrong, feel free to correct me. I'm not an expert on any politics, let alone American ones.

Janna

Lurker
Reputation score

Just wondering, is the congressman that she worked for a Republican or a Democrat? XD Claire might swing towards light politics and I'm guessing that, with the combination of Caitlyn's interests and stuff, that he was a Republican...

though if I'm completely wrong, feel free to correct me. I'm not an expert on any politics, let alone American ones.
Caitlyn and the Congressman both are members of the party as Captain America and Superman. She's a political idealist who believes in personal liberty, the basic decency of her fellow Americans and the ability of people of diverse backgrounds and opinions to put aside self interest and pull together for the greater good. She's passionate in her defense not just of her own rights, but also the rights of those people who disagree with her.

So it really should be obvious ;)

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

XD It should be, but like I said, I'm no expert. I don't even read those comics so it's not a hint! I guess I'll let that particular conversation slide, as I'm not at all confident that I could maneuver Claire properly through it! Oh well.

Hmm, maybe once River's a little less conscious of the unslurred-ness of her words, we can pester her to give some lessons. :p

Janna

Lurker
Reputation score

XD It should be, but like I said, I'm no expert. I don't even read those comics so it's not a hint! I guess I'll let that particular conversation slide, as I'm not at all confident that I could maneuver Claire properly through it! Oh well.
No, I left it vague intentionally xD I don't know for sure what party she belongs to, it could be either way, really. I didn't figure that it would turn out to be that important and I know that talking about real politics can make people a little uncomfortable.

(Also, I've found that comic book fans who are Democrats think Captain America is really obviously a Democrat, and people who are Republicans think that it really obvious that he's a Republican.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

(Also, I've found that comic book fans who are Democrats think Captain America is really obviously a Democrat, and people who are Republicans think that it really obvious that he's a Republican.
XD Yeah, there's elements of both in there. Being Canadian, I just raise my hands and say, "not going to touch that one!"

It wouldn't have been a big deal (the government's toast in this game anyways!) just something to add into the RP banter while waiting for RJ with his day-change and someone for Caitlyn to go out with to hunt. (Best of luck, by the way. X3)

eta: Hey, RJ!

Will there be more slimes (or even slimes of different varieties?) >.> I liked 'em!
(I'm also hoping that the next time Claire goes out, she'll encounter a scenario that won't make her want to never ever leave the building again 'for real this time' -- as much as I love the horror aspect of the game, I don't want to break her into a jibbering pile of useless goo just yet! XD)

Last edited: