What's new

AWMBI - Discussion

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score
Re: AWMBI - Discussion

For some reason I have the feeling that the second GM suggestion is going to be ignored like many good suggestions are

=P

ZeroSpace

Lurker
Reputation score

Well it's not about ignoring it or anything, it's about making it work.

Kayi

Reputation score

When the stupid arguing, over a week ago, was killing the game for me, and causing a huge rift of people who saw the double standard vs. those who didn't, I did the mature thing and left the game rather than stay and have RJ break the game for everyone trying to maintain his doublestandard.

And thus I return from my weeklong break to see what's changed and here's what stands out...

The sudden end to the Slime Breeding Den isn't so easily fixed. It makes being captured seem easily fixable ("I get captured, and Shiva will rescue me the night after!"), instead of a fate to be avoided at all costs. It interrupted several character developments (Azure getting comfortable with the slimegirl, Azure getting Kali released from the wall if not outright rescued, the slimegirl growing from a simple rapist into a more complex opponent). I thought about complaining when it happened, but then I thought "it's not my game, I'm not even playing, let's see where this goes". I can't think of any way of fixing that right now.
A few people who understand why I was so frustrated.
(Doubly so when I was promised good plot only to get this.)

Zero, please don't pull a Kayi.
One GM that's still holding a grudge.

How long has it been sense Azure fed it?
I'm sure enough imaginary hours have passed.
Let just assume enough had.
Many posts of players still interested in what events my character has caused. (This is just one example)

BurntToast said:
Are you going to continue role playing in the AWMBI role play?
Because your character was one of my favorites and it be a shame to see her just leave.
Completely random people asking me to return to the roleplay.

-----
So I guess the question is if Azure is caught in this doublestandard where she cannot exist in the roleplay without certain major characters being broken? Or is some kind of retcon going to be applied to allow her back in?

I'll leave that choice up to RJ.

If he prefers to keep Azure out of the game, then it was nice playing with everyone for the short time I was in, and I will respectfully remain out of the game instead of breaking it.

If he lets Azure back in, then I look forward to playing with more of you in the future.

Either way, I hope everyone finds enjoyment in your roleplaying, here or wherever you choose to play at.

And I apologize for my frustrated ranting from before, as well as for the many childish replies from outsiders it caused. Hopefully this quick post clarifies my opinions in a mature way and it will stay that way.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I realized that by dragging Azure out of the hotel, as noted by DeMatt, I took away a good character development opportunity. This being my first PbP game I've ever GM'd for, I'm surprised I didn't make a huge mistake like this sooner.

I've never held a grudge against anyone except myself, but seeing someone argue over a game, my sub-par game at that, appeared absolutely ridiculous. And I couldn't fathom why anyone would get angry over such a thing, and thus I wanted the foolishness to stop, and never occur again. After what happened last time, I won't permit out of character attacks over my stupid game.

You can view my methods as a double standard if you wish, as if I hold some malicious, unfair intent. But the fact is, I don't. I never said I was the perfect GM, that every decision I made was going to make everyone happy, quite the opposite. I'm still a novice GM, so the most I could ever ask for is your patience with me. I try to find all the mistakes I made, the slime event being one of them, and make an attempt to better myself from them, so that I never make another mistake like that again.

I will never deny anyone the opportunity to play, so long as any problems you have are addressed to me in a mature manner, all in the attempt for me to make this game better of an experience for all of you. But, I'm prone to mistakes, and those mistakes might lessen the experience, but it is not the cause of other players, so they don't deserve criticism. Please limit all hatred, aggravation, irritation, vexation and annoyance towards me, and we'll all get along just fine.

Azure is back at the Inn, and may continue whenever she wishes.

Have fun. ;)

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Speaking of slimes, are the basement ones going to be addressed sometime soon? XD (I know I had Claire mention the basement but at this point the guards will surely be back at their posts, and besides, I think the place has seen enough use as a slime-den -- save for Azure going in and out, considering that the thing(s... now there are four. XD I wonder what she'll think going down to see Emily and Iris clones?) is her responsibility now!)

Are there any cracks or vents the slimes could get through -- in the door, for example? D: Those things could really start to cause some havoc to compromise the Inn!

BurntToast

Lurker
Reputation score

For the heck of it I'm going to have my character buy a short sword then wander to the basement. I'm going to have her attempt to kill the slime woman. I'm going to do for for... Ya know, the lulz.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

First I imagine you'd have to get past the two guards who've been stationed at the door, (who have probably been pulled from the roof -- the poor snipers up there are so understaffed!)

BurntToast

Lurker
Reputation score

First I imagine you'd have to get past the two guards who've been stationed at the door, (who have probably been pulled from the roof -- the poor snipers up there are so understaffed!)
I'm sure Raptor will be happy to allow my character in the basement. I'm sure he could just say the guards left for a moment. Oh wait I just had a better idea. Azure could just take Sekia down to the basement. She is allowed in there any time and I'm sure she is allowed to bring others in.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

So have Sekia convince Azure that she'd be willing to feed the slimes (or vice versa, I'd imagine) seeing as how Azure probably assumes she's not going to be able to sustain the 'both' of them (bua ha ha. XD I hope some interesting stuff happens upon discovering that there are four down there.)

Kayi

Reputation score

I realized that by dragging Azure out of the hotel, as noted by DeMatt, I took away a good character development opportunity. This being my first PbP game I've ever GM'd for, I'm surprised I didn't make a huge mistake like this sooner.
It was more than the character development, it was the complete shutdown of everything that Azure suddenly had thrust on her, being dragged away and insane demands put on her. But this is neither here nor there. A simple retcon to your director's newfound personality solves this.

I've never held a grudge against anyone except myself, but seeing someone argue over a game, my sub-par game at that, appeared absolutely ridiculous. And I couldn't fathom why anyone would get angry over such a thing, and thus I wanted the foolishness to stop, and never occur again. After what happened last time, I won't permit out of character attacks over my stupid game.
If your game was as sub-par as you claim, no one would be arguing about it :p The entire reason I griped was because I did, in fact, want to keep playing. The OOC attacks only began when people continued to put their dirty little noses in where they didn't belong.

You can view my methods as a double standard if you wish, as if I hold some malicious, unfair intent. But the fact is, I don't. I never said I was the perfect GM, that every decision I made was going to make everyone happy, quite the opposite. I'm still a novice GM, so the most I could ever ask for is your patience with me. I try to find all the mistakes I made, the slime event being one of them, and make an attempt to better myself from them, so that I never make another mistake like that again.
Double-standard does not imply malice or intent. In fact most people who hold a double standard do not even realize that they are until it's shown to them. The entire argument from before only existed because I was trying to show you this, and I failed miserably.

[/QUOTE]I will never deny anyone the opportunity to play, so long as any problems you have are addressed to me in a mature manner, all in the attempt for me to make this game better of an experience for all of you. But, I'm prone to mistakes, and those mistakes might lessen the experience, but it is not the cause of other players, so they don't deserve criticism. Please limit all hatred, aggravation, irritation, vexation and annoyance towards me, and we'll all get along just fine.[/QUOTE]
My irritated outburst from before was ill placed on someone who did not deserve my attention. Indeed, that post was one I should not have even read because I was merely trying to have a discussion about the director. In the future, I'll try harder to ignore people who deserve to be ignored, rather than fighting with them.

Azure is back at the Inn, and may continue whenever she wishes.

Have fun. ;)
And I will assume the director scene is retconed as you've been playing her since the awkward interaction with Azure, so there are no issues with someone preparing to assassinate your main foil.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

When you say retconed, were you also leaning towards the placement of the slimes in the basement? Cuz I'm starting to like those things, and how everyone keeps giving themselves to them. :D

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

The OOC attacks only began when people continued to put their dirty little noses in where they didn't belong.
In the future, I'll try harder to ignore people who deserve to be ignored, rather than fighting with them.
In the future, if you come up against a problem, you might have better luck in PM'ing the GM instead of posting in the public discussion forum and getting upset when people other than the GM respond. 'Airing dirty laundry in public' and all that.

Kayi

Reputation score

When you say retconed, were you also leaning towards the placement of the slimes in the basement? Cuz I'm starting to like those things, and how everyone keeps giving themselves to them. :D
Actually I like them too.

I was rather thinking specifically the scene with Azure and the Director.

I think both of them reacted somewhat out of character based on how each of them was being played up to that point, or subsequent to that point, respectively.

I will PM details on a simple resolution.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

I gotta admit I liked Kayi's post and I think the small amount of posts he made in this game influenced me a bit. Plus people where quote mining him which is kinda a bad move to make if you want to prove a point.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

I like the slimes, too. XD I just think this game will quickly be over if everyone decides to head to the basement and a clone gets made out of them. Suddenly Apple Inn = newest slime breeding den!

Maybe the Sniper has a point in wanting to stay out of their business. (O_O I wonder what slimes do to men?)

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

You guys, I'm srsly biting my finger nails over the sniper mission. D: Don't fuck it up!

RJ, why do you make me care so much about a silly game? XD

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

D= Damn you, Intimidate! (I guess he did specify 'Charisma', huh? XD)