What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Azurezero] Damsel Quest 3 (RE196208)

swpkmn

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Damsel Quest 3 (in development now/5th update done)

I already wrote it in in the 3-4 hours of writing i've done today, but the reward wasnt enough to justify putting it in again for this. :D
I am not sure if I understand your answer. Does that mean:

A: The ability to finish the quest is not in the current version, but you are too tired to edit the uploaded version again today and will do so in the future.

or does it mean:

B: It is currently possible to submit the finished quest in the demo, but you are too tired to explain where it is.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Damsel Quest 3 (in development now/5th update done)

I am not sure if I understand your answer. Does that mean:

A: The ability to finish the quest is not in the current version, but you are too tired to edit the uploaded version again today and will do so in the future.

or does it mean:

B: It is currently possible to submit the finished quest in the demo, but you are too tired to explain where it is.
I mean i had to roll back 4 hours of work by ripping the demo to fix the slimegirl thing, but I only did so because it had actual content. one of the things i did in the 4 hours was add handing it in. but i figured it wasnt important enough, so i guess patrons will be able to hand it in soon but everyone else can wait for the game to be finished :3
At some point I have to stop giving out free updates and all the hentai content in the current version is available so I figure enough is enough.

FireoftheMonkey

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Damsel Quest 3 (in development now/50% done)

So far love the content, have to say that found two bugs in claw base that might be issues.

So for the floating glyphs if you run across them it triggers a multi capture for the game and the image bugs out. Essentially you have the captured scene and as it ends instead of attempting to load you in the cell it says your captured again right away the new image loads but nothing happens. Kinda funky it happened every time I tried it so seems like it's just springing is having you move through two squares at once and causes the issue.

Secondly when I lose to the boss at the end there is no image for the game over there. If there is one that's supposed to show it does not which gives me a sad as I love the dialog for it. So if there is not an image there I would love one to be added at some point, anyways loving the game thus far and look forward to the finished product.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So far love the content, have to say that found two bugs in claw base that might be issues.

So for the floating glyphs if you run across them it triggers a multi capture for the game and the image bugs out. Essentially you have the captured scene and as it ends instead of attempting to load you in the cell it says your captured again right away the new image loads but nothing happens. Kinda funky it happened every time I tried it so seems like it's just springing is having you move through two squares at once and causes the issue.

Secondly when I lose to the boss at the end there is no image for the game over there. If there is one that's supposed to show it does not which gives me a sad as I love the dialog for it. So if there is not an image there I would love one to be added at some point, anyways loving the game thus far and look forward to the finished product.
a forgotten fade in there,the pictures were there just behind that...
may as well add handing in the well quest while I'm at it.

really sorry, can't recreate the issue with the sensor traps, they work as expected regardless of whether i have the checkpoint or if its the sensors or the guards catching me

Last edited:

FireoftheMonkey

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

It's cool it does not seem to come up very often but I think it might have something to do with the running having you technically in 2 squares at once, at least I believe it does. Anyways if the sensor is moving towards you and you run into it was when it happened, but I too am no longer able to replicate it so not a huge issue.

CrazyPerson

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I think I have a reproduction for the glyph issue.

Specifically, after you run over a glyph for the first time, you get a textbox talking about getting caught,
but it takes a second or two until it ports you to the beginning, during which you still have control over your character.

So if you keep running away after the textbox, and then run over a glyph AGAIN,
the game seems to get confused - it wants to trigger another port sequence with a cutscene, but never finished the previous one.
I suspect that causes the cutscene image to overlay on the screen but the cutscene not playing properly, effectively softlocking the game.

I suspect the proper fix is to disable controls when the "caught you" textbox begins, and restore it only after the player has been ported back to the holding cell.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I think I have a reproduction for the glyph issue.

Specifically, after you run over a glyph for the first time, you get a textbox talking about getting caught,
but it takes a second or two until it ports you to the beginning, during which you still have control over your character.

So if you keep running away after the textbox, and then run over a glyph AGAIN,
the game seems to get confused - it wants to trigger another port sequence with a cutscene, but never finished the previous one.
I suspect that causes the cutscene image to overlay on the screen but the cutscene not playing properly, effectively softlocking the game.

I suspect the proper fix is to disable controls when the "caught you" textbox begins, and restore it only after the player has been ported back to the holding cell.
I've added a wait event for the player when the event triggers, hopefully that's enough to prevent it in future.

Currently working on: the caves in the snowy mountain to the top right of the world map

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm hoping to get my energy back to how it was in the first 12 days of making this game.

i've got cg for this new quest done for emi and ren, but still need kiri's cg, the portraits for being fucked in battle by the new enemy, and the boss cg.
if i can keep my current pace I'll be able to draw enough for a quest every 3-4 days...

here's a preview :3

december is the latest i'd like to finish this game. but before that I need to introduce all of the claw division chiefs (or all but one) since the final quests will be based on their particular fetishes.
so far I've got,
wants to build a harem of horny foxgirls like emi,

magical arousal, wants to summon an ancient lust god,

girl is building an army of man/beast warriors to dominate people for her.

memento, as powerful as he is he didnt seem like final boss material
will have to think of something.

there's also at least 5 of them as victoire was the 5th.

the dungeon im working on now is the caves in the mountain to the top right of the map. im making what's on this side of the barrier protecting the yokai onsen, which i've been looking forward to making.

Chun~Li

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Really digging the art. Hope everything goes smoothly.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Really digging the art. Hope everything goes smoothly.
thanks a lot, i drew a lot today, so now i just need to draw the boss herself.
she's a dominatrix type

edit 1
2/4 new smut scenes written.

need to decide something fundamental for this chapter, which quests are mandatory to pass the time to the next chapter. the optional ones are gonna be what decides which final quest you get. so it's an important decision.
=================

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Got my laptop back from repairs, i say repairs, but the wifi card had just come loose. and im too much of a casual to take my laptop apart myself.

anyway, back to work. just got to make the boss fight and subsequent game over for another quest to be polished off, though im not too proud of the grapple portraits, so i might redraw those

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hmmm... wondering if i should enable instant payment on patreon...
mainly cause i was about to post

"you only have until the end of the month to get the next update to damsel quest 3"

if i went for instant payment I wouldnt need to do stuff like that

let me know your thoughts

anyway,
with aprils update comes 2 new quests. the real slavers have shown up and took over the mine, and the mountain caves are finally open

so next i think i'll be starting work on the yokai quest. I already have a portrait drawn up for a key character in that.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I did a bit of work on the game today, drew an important cg. sfw enough to put on youtube so here it is for people who are interested.

I'm also trying to get my channel going so be sure to subscribe if you're interested in more art content, I plan on making games design tutorials for stuff like rpgmaker and game maker, I think I can do stuff more efficiently than I've seen on other channels

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Today i've been writing more of the yokai onsen quest.
almost gotten to the combat bits now... won't be long until the next patron update to the game.

and here's another link to a speedpaint video of me drawing this portrait

ENJOY <3

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I've been using my twitter for once, feel free to follow.

not long until the next update now...I just need to do a little more writing and the cg... I'm told that most people were around level 19 when getting to this quest so i'll be balancing it based on that.

edit - for a second there i thought id finished the quest, but then i realised i havent drawn the game over yet

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

got the game over drawn and written, some of my best work.
update made and rolled out to patrons.

I need to make the proper chapter end quest. I decided what it will be already but i dont know what kind of content it will have.

after this chapter will be the final chapter, and the full game will have 3 different final chapters depending on the quests they missed.
As most of you played the victoire quest, the first of the 3 final chapters I will be working on is the 2nd in the hierarchy.

first final chapter BIG SPOILERS
if victoire is not defeated in the elkia ruin, or the dagger is sold before the end of that chapter (the raid on the library claw base)
then victoire gets the dagger and emi is kidnapped at the end of the chapter before the final chapter and the spell inside her is duplicated and use to enslave countless women (and men transformed into women) with the horny foxgirl thing.

2nd final chapter
if victoire was defeated she is deposed and the next leader takes over
the girls need to travel out off the continent to a temple in a fiery lake, where they need to stop the cabal from summoning an ancient lust god...
if summoned pretty much instent ahegao and sluttification for everyone.

3rd final chapter
undecided, but if option 2 is prevented before the end of the penultimate chapter, then this final chapter happens

the site for it is probably the desert island the boat to the top left of the world map goes back and forth to.

other notes
I had something to say here but i've forgotten it while typing the spoiler tags...

I still need to add a lot to the game but i think im well on my way to getting it done.

ilmncsm

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Ok, I'm stumped. How exactly does one locate the slime girl. I know where she is supposed to be in the middle entrance at the top of the slime cave without anything in front of the door.

I can go into said door by pressing z and see and empty room with a crescent shaped pool of water, and have tried pressing z on everything in the room, no dice.

I tried both before and after beating the boss slime, before and after the elevator is put in, and before and after having lost to the slimes at least once. She's never there.

Am I missing something, or have I broken it somehow?

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ok, I'm stumped. How exactly does one locate the slime girl. I know where she is supposed to be in the middle entrance at the top of the slime cave without anything in front of the door.

I can go into said door by pressing z and see and empty room with a crescent shaped pool of water, and have tried pressing z on everything in the room, no dice.

I tried both before and after beating the boss slime, before and after the elevator is put in, and before and after having lost to the slimes at least once. She's never there.

Am I missing something, or have I broken it somehow?
it might be broken in the demo, i know for sure its fixed in the current version

ilmncsm

Demon Girl
Reputation score

it might be broken in the demo, i know for sure its fixed in the current version
Dang, well I guess I'll just have to wait until the full version comes out, and buy it then. I've seen everything there is too see in the demo besides that, and I loved what you've done so far, so I'm looking forward to it.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Dang, well I guess I'll just have to wait until the full version comes out, and buy it then. I've seen everything there is too see in the demo besides that, and I loved what you've done so far, so I'm looking forward to it.
kinda tempted to do early access just to get more feedback and stuff but i doubt people would let me get away with pre-orders