What's new

ACT [azurezero] Science girl (NOW ON ITCH.IO FOR 99p) jungle girl 8 bit style game

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Science girl (0.5 demo) jungle girl 8 bit style game

This takes me back. I like it a lot! Looking forward to the finished product.
it's 5 sex animations away from completion pretty much, haven't given much thought to the happy ending yet,

but yeah, 3 monster anim, 2 game overs :)

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Science girl (0.5 demo) jungle girl 8 bit style game

just wanted to say, making this games been really annoying... having to wait ages before i can do anything (waiting for sex sprites and things) So, regardless of popularity, i'm not making another game this simplistic again...

I look forward to getting back to designing games that actually take some thought to code

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Science girl (final demo) jungle girl 8 bit style game

science girl is finished, i'm just waiting on drop box to sync then i'll get the unlock code up on paypal for you all... (rummages around to find what the price is)

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Science girl (NOW FOR SALE) jungle girl 8 bit style game

The game is finished now, you can find links to the new demo through the above link

i decided to sell the game for £1.90 through paypal, as i couldn't remember what price i wanted before. (follow the blog links)

full version includes;

9 enemies
3 levels
1 happy end(?)

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Tried the trial, a couple of problems:

1. Facehugger/cat enemy sounds continue after the sexin is done
2. Some of the sexin sounds start a couple seconds late
3. Difficulty seems to ramp up a bit quickly for how long the level is (1st level, don't know how long the demo goes). By about 25% through the level of not being grabbed, enemies are coming at you so quickly you can only advance about a foot or two before changing positions to avoid the next one. It eventually raises the tempo until there's no possible way to escape the next enemy. Punishing people a bit for playing well is okay, but forcing sex is a bit much.

Getting grabbed lowers their frequency temporarily, but even then you'll come to that situation again very quickly and have trouble clearing the first map unless you only get grabbed at that max tempo a couple times.

As you can see, not getting away from that tempo...all the enemies come that far apart. I did my best to last as long as possible to see how bad it'd get. I couldn't even move for about a minute before I was finally grabbed. Dem dodge skills didn't save me long.

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Tried the trial, a couple of problems:

1. Facehugger/cat enemy sounds continue after the sexin is done
2. Some of the sexin sounds start a couple seconds late
3. Difficulty seems to ramp up a bit quickly for how long the level is (1st level, don't know how long the demo goes). By about 25% through the level of not being grabbed, enemies are coming at you so quickly you can only advance about a foot or two before changing positions to avoid the next one. It eventually raises the tempo until there's no possible way to escape the next enemy. Punishing people a bit for playing well is okay, but forcing sex is a bit much.

Getting grabbed lowers their frequency temporarily, but even then you'll come to that situation again very quickly and have trouble clearing the first map unless you only get grabbed at that max tempo a couple times.

As you can see, not getting away from that tempo...all the enemies come that far apart. I did my best to last as long as possible to see how bad it'd get. I couldn't even move for about a minute before I was finally grabbed. Dem dodge skills didn't save me long.

however you slowly build up extra progress points for consecutive dodges, this also is what increases the frequency of enemies, when caught the combo resets, i was building on what the original did, there was pretty much no way of doing it without being caught twice (i think twice was my record)

you still managed the level im sure :)

I'll see about that noise issue, the script I wrote is finicky at times but should work in theory, just need to add a thing making it cease all possible noises one animation is over

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

Ill buy it. lol

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ill buy it. lol
YAYS, im having difficulty deciding what game to make next, i'm building up funding for my rpg maker one but i think i wanna keep working with game maker too, so i'm trying to think of a fun game i could make that only needs limited sprites....kinda wanna try for non H for a change

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I really liked the Damsel Quest stealth thing. I think with some more stealthy type moves you could really flesh that out into something cool.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I really liked the Damsel Quest stealth thing. I think with some more stealthy type moves you could really flesh that out into something cool.
well i didnt really like it, i wish it had been more combat oriented from the get go...still, im looking forward to her next game, is a real challenge because i have to develop the core game in just ONE ROOM, because of my script, then i get to split it up into smaller vertical chunks (my code works on a next room/previous room basis) still, i can add new sections quite easily just by making them inaccessible except for warp points or something (and new game+ available only)

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

:) i think the first day has almost matched damsel quest (also 1st day), thanks <3

Armacalic

Sex Demon
Reputation score

And now for more bribed reviews.

There's not much to say about the game as a whole, really, a jungle girl style game (and I fail to remember if there's an specific name for these kinda games), short, sprite sex, a good variation of enemies.

The mechanic of the game are good, unforgivable, and lend themselves to create a challenging experience.

As for bad stuff, well, there's nothing explicitly bad about the game, the difficulty can put off some less patient players and wear off even the most patient of ice glaciers, but with nothing cheap to hinder your progress, the experience doesn't reach frustrating levels... too easily.

Well, there's also the fact that it's short, but that's expected of these games.

Overall, I think the game coulda costed a tiny little bit less. But what you get for what you pay isn't bad at all.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

And now for more bribed reviews.

There's not much to say about the game as a whole, really, a jungle girl style game (and I fail to remember if there's an specific name for these kinda games), short, sprite sex, a good variation of enemies.

The mechanic of the game are good, unforgivable, and lend themselves to create a challenging experience.

As for bad stuff, well, there's nothing explicitly bad about the game, the difficulty can put off some less patient players and wear off even the most patient of ice glaciers, but with nothing cheap to hinder your progress, the experience doesn't reach frustrating levels... too easily.

Well, there's also the fact that it's short, but that's expected of these games.

Overall, I think the game coulda costed a tiny little bit less. But what you get for what you pay isn't bad at all.
what do you reckon the price should be? i'm surprised i didnt ask people sooner, though i currently think the price is fair, i am open to suggestions...

currently i making £1.63 per sale, game took quite a bit longer to make than nuns vs tentacles so the larger price felt justified...

i want my next game to be an epic though... like kurovadis was, just a really good game with plenty of content,

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

breakdown of my money made this year, also asking for mechanics people like in platformers

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

:3 came out on dlsite today, got 30 sales allready, that was fast

Turai

Reputation score

I've tried to run the demo on two different computers now (one running Windows 7 and one running Linux) and I can't seem to get it to work. It starts up fine, but then it just stops working at the screen that shows the controls, I have tried every single button but nothing happens.

Ideas?

EDIT: Fuck, I suck...never occured to try using the mouse <,<

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I've tried to run the demo on two different computers now (one running Windows 7 and one running Linux) and I can't seem to get it to work. It starts up fine, but then it just stops working at the screen that shows the controls, I have tried every single button but nothing happens.

Ideas?
use your mouse to select the level :)

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm actually quite shocked, science girl has sold over 100 copies in the first week, which is getting me really anxious to work on a proper game again...

both the next damsel quest game and my non adult game idea have similar mechanics so i could probably design them both alongside each other, however... my spriter is taking a break after science girl wore him out so i'm left with nothing to do...

one person on ULMF is considering commissioning that rpgmaker game i've been doing little bits and pieces of but i can't afford to commit to it unless i get the deposit at least (since i need to pay an artist for the cgs) this is cause english rpg maker games typically haven't been successful sales wise... (couldnt help working on it a little though) but because of the funding i would be releasing it at a cheaper price than i would be able to risk usually as the commission would provide me 8/52 weeks rent :)

the next damsel quest game is gonna be an action rpg/platformer, the upgrade system will allow the player to raise whichever stats they want using skill points upon leveling, but there will also be extra skills you can unlock by offering item drops at altars, like lifesteal (i do love that lifesteal), the story covers the princess return to her home, having grown strong on her journey, she seeks to win back her castle, it has been transformed, the soldiers and staff have been stripped of their humanity and an imposter sits atop her throne

the non adult game will use the same engine as the dq game, but the upgrade system will be different, with an equip system instead, the different runes you can equip modify your stats and some offer abilities like taking less poison damage, this difference means i can keep the general gameplay the same but the challenge will be different, for example. the anti poison rune lowers your stats, but allows you enough time to get through a poison filled passageway, but the lowered stats means you have to be extra careful to avoid enemy strikes, in short the change means the two game could have the same basic layout but how you traverse it could be vastly different

and the rpgmaker game is similar in gameplay to ib or witch house, you find items, solve puzzles and make choices, but also you have to sneak through certain enemy filled areas, you can see a barebones example of the necessary scripts at work
this game has also given me the opportunity to give emi her own game (she would have been the main love interest in that yuri game i gave up on a while back)

Last edited: