What's new

ACT Patreon Active [Azurezero] Yuki's Tale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynte

Reputation score
Gave it a shot and I like what I see so far.

Which site are you most active on?

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
It depends. i pretty much check here and f95 daily. so i'll say here... i also have a discord...

i released my current progress to patrons yesterday... but i havent had any feedback yet... not sure its ready to show the pre-orders yet.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Made a small amount of progress. only 6 or so new maps added to the current complex. dont like one of them. and they feel pretty barren at the moment.
still need a dedicated route for unlocking the air jump. since some of the new rooms require it. it's proving difficult to find a good build up to a final area... i keep thinking about a... like a big cargo elevator to take you down to the bottom of the dungeon that needs several keys or requirements to activate. i mean... people would remember a big steel door in the middle of a cave. and that solves my issue of not being able to design good descending areas.

at this point i think the game is gonna suck and i don't know if im capable of making it good...

Last edited:

ryproar

Reputation score
Hey don't bash on yourself. I played the demo and so far everything is good. There will be bugs, needed alterations, and small fixes/patches but what matters is that you keep on trying. Hell some of the best game developers have problems and their games have issues but they are still great. And besides, if there is enough action no one will bash item placement or backtracking. I'm rooting for ya and I am sure many others are as well.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

small progress. still need to figure out how much map i still need to create.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
December sales.
All my lewd games (on itch.io) are discounted for 20% off for the month of december.

the price for all of them at 20% off was an excessive 58usd. So I also made a bundle of them for 40usd.
the bundle also includes the discounted yuki’s tale, which isn’t finished yet.

neutral

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
1. map size: less is more. you can also focus on room to room challenge as well as tighter, better areas as opposed to spread out ones.
2. make the "big steel door" the center point of the dungeon(area) all major paths converge onto. at most, 3 paths, though preferably two. one, a combat trial, one a platforming trial, the third, a boss guarding the shaft itself. To stop platforming from getting frustrating, avoid pixel perfect, or overly precise timing and jumps.
once a challenge is done the room should loop back to the main entrance to avoid running a gauntlet again, backwards.

your game is fine. its one of the better H platformers.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
oh yeah, forgot to post.
i got the design for the last boss made.

say hello to Miko, the shadow leader of Yuki's village

there's a preview of the fight below, but it's had a bunch of changes since i recorded it this morning.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

adding some last minute details before i finish the game's climax.
because if i don't do it now... I'll cop out later.

this one I'll have to drop though, Akiko's crouch is even taller than yuki's mum so...

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Today's update, still stuck on proper climax to the game. after wasting an entire day trying to figure it out, i instead made the shitty game trailer for dlsite.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

1544629414432.png
Almost done
Just the final boss game over to do now. Patrons can expect it before the end of the month.

cell943

Reputation score

Almost done
Just the final boss game over to do now. Patrons can expect it before the end of the month.
I'm not sure how your Patreon works: do they get it earlier than those of us who purchased it outright on itch?

neutral

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
one would assume itch.io preorders and patreon subs would get it at the same time.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
one would assume itch.io preorders and patreon subs would get it at the same time.
I really wanna give it to patrons first as the people supporting me every month. but im low on money this month, so i probably can't afford to wait long when its done.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
The game is done, Now i'll just be waiting a few days to let patrons get first bash at it.

uzil

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I bought the $40 bundle after trying out the demo (I had been wanting to check out the other games, as well) but now playing the "up to 2nd boss" demo, I'm getting some weird bugs. The right door out of the gas room with the single alraune on top of a tower leads to random rooms or crashes the game, and certain effects, like the gas in that room, do not display. Where are the saves kept? I want to delete everything and see if that helps.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Since the game is considered complete, please make a new thread in the H-Games section. The one here will now be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.