What's new

RPG [Azurezero] Lustlock Labyrinth AKA Dickdown Dungeon (RE289751) (RJ289751)

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
the rpgmaker model would be easy to patch, id just release the game unencrypted and people could swap in the uncensored images.
my main issue with the rpgmaker model is, to run smoothly, that i need to fade to black for (currently but it wouldve gotten longer) 15 seconds while i run through all the animation frames to load them into memory.
In other words, the time to run through 200 images smoothly is to give them 15 seconds apiece and hope somewhere along the lines the entire thing didn't decide to shit on your work somewhere in-between, which probably happens 1 in 20 times? But, it's still hours of work for some images.

the game maker model doesnt have that issue, but to have a patch for safety it could be a little tedious.
I'd rather just release the game as is, its not like the story is gonna have any real artistic merit, raidy didnt, without the lewds it wouldnt have sold really.
I mean, okay, let's break this down. To put lewds in as a patch for game maker, you have to pull the old images and then create a new directory for said images while the patch occupies those slots? And that's assuming everything is going to go right (spoiler: it seldom does) on the first try. So, you're now asking yourself, "do I just do it myself and forego the whole patch process, or do I run sims and make sure all that extra work is worth it?" Well, the former makes more sense. So, yeah, like you said, Raidy didn't sell on story.

as for the title, dickdown dungeon definitely wouldnt fly i think. i could be wrong but i dont really wanna do anything that could increase the odds of it being thought of as a troll
I doubt western audiences would see it that way. I mean, you might get a "well, is the dungeon named that?" response, and, if not, then why not? It requires changing in-game text to match the title, assuming it doesn't already. I mean, it's really a neutral title, if we're being honest.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
In other words, the time to run through 200 images smoothly is to give them 15 seconds apiece and hope somewhere along the lines the entire thing didn't decide to shit on your work somewhere in-between, which probably happens 1 in 20 times? But, it's still hours of work for some images.

I mean, okay, let's break this down. To put lewds in as a patch for game maker, you have to pull the old images and then create a new directory for said images while the patch occupies those slots? And that's assuming everything is going to go right (spoiler: it seldom does) on the first try. So, you're now asking yourself, "do I just do it myself and forego the whole patch process, or do I run sims and make sure all that extra work is worth it?" Well, the former makes more sense. So, yeah, like you said, Raidy didn't sell on story.

I doubt western audiences would see it that way. I mean, you might get a "well, is the dungeon named that?" response, and, if not, then why not? It requires changing in-game text to match the title, assuming it doesn't already. I mean, it's really a neutral title, if we're being honest.
it doesnt get shit on, but im assuming theres an upper limit of what can be stored in memory before it needs to be played again.

the lewd patch method i came up with could be as simple as if file exists sprite_add but i think the way i thought of doing it would be better overall.

basically, sprite_duplicate gets me new indexes for each censored image, the duplicates are used by everything in game via those indexes
the images are also exported, so that the names of each sprite is clear,so replacing them in the local data folder is made simple.

the check for them existing is there so the uncensored images dont get replaced by exporting if you've already installed the patch.

as for the game title.
I could always put dickdown dungeon in as a nickname, if thats not the official name for the dungeon. wouldnt be surprised if some of the villagefolk snuck off there for fun every now and then.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
It's ultimately what you think works best patching long-term. If it goes up on Steam before my next payday, I'll give it a try.

Also, "Cunthroat Cavern." I'm already imagining the multitude of lawsuits coming your way from people who misread that one.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
It's ultimately what you think works best patching long-term. If it goes up on Steam before my next payday, I'll give it a try.

Also, "Cunthroat Cavern." I'm already imagining the multitude of lawsuits coming your way from people who misread that one.
havent even got the demo made yet. so unless yu get paid every 6 months i doubt it will be out by then

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Fair enough. I shall wait for it, then.
There really isn't much left to do for the demo but im having trouble getting it done somehow.
maximum is 2 cgs, and enough textures to at least start to build the village outside the dungeon. and a battle portrait for the first boss.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

first boss design made, just need part 2 of her game over, her stripped sprite
and the cg for losing to the normal enemies...

...and the village i guess...

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score
So concerning Steam, they are legitimately allowing R18 hentai games now. The story goes is Valve were slowly heading towards banning even mildly tantilising teases, like lingerie, cleavage etc etc and more and more games slowly got removed, biggest hit were anime styled games and especially VNs.

Well the communities behind these genres noticed and had a massive outcry over it, and eventually it was revealed that it was SJWs who were pushing Valve towards this, but in the end Valve just said "Alright fuck you guys we're removing all restrictions on sexual content!". To accompany this change, they added a relatively hidden option to view adult content.

The Japanese circles caught wind of this, and a lot of devs who post to sites like DMM and DLSite have been posting their games on Steam now in light of it all. Also, people are posting NSFW images of full-on penetration, and are only getting a "NSFW flag" on their pictures.

Now, enough about Steam, will enemy portraits be animated too? Maybe bosses at most since I know animations for each sprite would take forever.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
So concerning Steam, they are legitimately allowing R18 hentai games now. The story goes is Valve were slowly heading towards banning even mildly tantilising teases, like lingerie, cleavage etc etc and more and more games slowly got removed, biggest hit were anime styled games and especially VNs.

Well the communities behind these genres noticed and had a massive outcry over it, and eventually it was revealed that it was SJWs who were pushing Valve towards this, but in the end Valve just said "Alright fuck you guys we're removing all restrictions on sexual content!". To accompany this change, they added a relatively hidden option to view adult content.

The Japanese circles caught wind of this, and a lot of devs who post to sites like DMM and DLSite have been posting their games on Steam now in light of it all. Also, people are posting NSFW images of full-on penetration, and are only getting a "NSFW flag" on their pictures.

Now, enough about Steam, will enemy portraits be animated too? Maybe bosses at most since I know animations for each sprite would take forever.
im only concerned they wouldnt like such a silly title as dickdown dungeon, I still plan on putting the game on steam when it's ready.
it would be hard to add tit bouncing to the bosses though. could really slow down development at this point. I did originally hope to have some animated portraits of npcs to show the other girls being sex slaves and things but i'll have to wait and see when i get to it.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
patrons have had it for about a week now. it's not the final demo but it has the basic systems in place.
the final demo will have a proper scene for losing to normal mobs

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Today I added:
  1. Loot drops, including adding the drop messages to the battle victory text.
  2. the lust reduction potion to the list of items. including coding its effects.
doesnt seem like much but it was an hour long stream. it seems my main goto for solving any issue these days seems to be use an array.

Lazka

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
kinda sad that its end(game over) when u lose to boss
kinda like the "stolen name" thing, and think its more fun if u can fight back and regain ur name(?)

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I almost got the 2nd floor finished, but it became obvious i wouldnt be able to finish both this and yuuki before november, so im prioritising yuuki.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

latest version released to patrons
finally almost done with the 2nd floor, i really didnt think id get this many creative blocks.

also steam page is live so wishlist if you care
gonna have to manually censor it frame by frame, so dlsite release is gonna be the last one

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
2nd floor is done.
3rd floor needs only it's last enemy and the punishment scene drawing.
last floor still needs everything.

still keeping low expectations for this one, I'll be lucky if it does as well as kate's test did because its not as cute lewd.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Lustlock labyrinth has been released on itch.io with a launch discount of 2 dollars (8usd)
the bundles have also been updated, all my games for 50usd
or 25usd just for the HRPGS

ilmncsm

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Got a bug report for you. When losing by lust to a grappler on floor 1, once the announcer begins to talk about the punishment the textbox slowly rises to the top of the screen and keeps going, disapearing off the screen entirely. It doesn't come back, and while you can click through the dialogue, once the punishment is over you can't move or interact with the world properly anymore.

Got another bug, this one with an error code. Came up after deliberately losing the the Baron on floor 2. I doesn't matter if you lose because you're affected by the gas or because you lost the fight. After he fucks you this pops up:
of Draw Event
for object stocks_ass_right:

Unable to find any instance for object index '0' name 'o_player'
at gml_Object_stocks_ass_right_Draw_0
############################################################################################

And a third bug. Not sure what triggered this one. It just suddenly gave me a pop up that said "out of memory" and the game crashed. At a guess, you have a memory leak somewhere. I was in the Treasury on the third floor if that helps find the memory leak. I thought I had noticed things getting a bit slower before it happened. As a heads up, I've had it happen twice now, the second time in the fourth floor, so I suspect you have a memory leak somewhere major.

Not sure if this is a bug, or functioning as intended. Are you supposed to go back to floor one if you lose to the maid on floor three? She does tell you to walk away as far as you can, so I can see getting back to floor one, but I want to make sure that was intended, and not a coding error.

Last edited:

scrumpy80

Demon Girl
Reputation score
This game sort of reminds me of Lewdest Labyrinth, right down to the name. Not to say that that's an issue since I'm sure there's no rule against more than one person making a hentai dungeon crawler, but from the demo I can't say this one impresses me as much.
  • The combat and stat progression feels very vague and slow without any sort of menu to keep track of things. I had to run around in circles and grind to beat the first boss even after I learned her attack pattern simply because of how much health she has and how much damage her attacks do. I tried using lewd punish twice, then blocking twice, but the fireball seems to go right through so I have to heal with potions constantly instead. As far as I could tell levelling just raised attack and HP, so once your health is low the potions, which restore flat HP instead of % HP, are the same level of disappointing no matter your level.
  • The basic attack had a lot of variance, to the point that it became clear regular attacks were useless when they dealt 1-4 damage, while just spamming lewd punish until you get it right 1-shotted the enemies even at base level dealing 10-12 damage.
  • There's no way to access the inventory from what I could tell (I read the controls guide on the itch.io page but the I button didn't seem to work, and I'd prefer a guide in game or at least in a readme.txt) so without a way to restore health out of combat, I have to deliberately lose to an enemy to reset my HP and lust levels because fighting the boss with any lust or missing HP seemed like suicide. That still doesn't repair your armor, though.
  • I guess the animation's nice? But it's lacking any sex sounds, I'd prefer even some generic squishing sounds over dead silence.
  • Oh, and the only time I lost to the first boss, the game crashed after the lewd scene ended. A bit heavy-handed as far as game overs go.
I get that the demo has to end early to keep content for the rest of the game, but that demo showed me very little and didn't leave me wanting more. Maybe I'm just getting nitpicky with time, because I didn't find much problems with Lewdest Labyrinth, which I can't help but compare this to.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Honestly a lot of these bugs only pop up when the game is deployed, there seems to be differences in how the playtest version runs.
The inventory button hadn't been implemented in the demo, it was the last thing I added before release.
nice catch on the stocks. easy to fix.

Hmm... I think i'll upload a new demo once ive fixed the bugs I can... the memory leak is beyond me though because I got through the game with no issues, so I wouldnt know where to start... I wonder if it's just that theres a lot of textures.

the thing with the maid is, i only have the respawn command, which is why you teleport twice in that sequence, i could only put her at spots where she respawns for the cutscene so it is working as intended

by the time I post this there'll be a new version uploaded to itch. (I have the post waiting for me to finish exporting)

...god dammit its taking forever for a futa to spawn... havent seen 1 in 13 fights now
...20... oh... i can spawn one with the 7 key

so its specifically the vibro wheel punishment...
1590564345482.png
wheel punishment should work as intended now.

both uploaded, new version and demo, only difference is the constant that prevents travel between the 2nd and 3rd floors