What's new

B&B Group 1 OOC

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: B&B Group 1 OOC

Correct, though I might put it on soonish, maybe. Also Tass, for future reference I took magic missile as favored so you can spam that one too.

OP
A

arivia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Encouraging people to write up exactly what each of you are seeing in your own posts. You can absolutely talk or trick your way out of this encounter!

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Bah, Alia has a respectable STR score! Bigger than Arkeia's, even.)
This is entirely true, from a mechanical standpoint, but Arkeia doesn't know anyone's stats! She can only base assumptions on what she has seen people do, and her natural reaction to seeing one person rushing into melee with their bare hands and the other standing back flinging magic darts is to assume that the former is more physically impressive!

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

To be fair, she is. Karaz and Faeyna have both greater physical strenght. Still, I'm kinda amused that the mage has more raw physical strenght than the rogue.

OP
A

arivia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

For the dream scene, if you want to write it, you have full control succubus too for your writing.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Even though I'm logically inclined to refuse debuffing a teammate for no real reason, I feel like agreeing to anything the spirit said was stupid to begin with, and the prize definitely isn't worth being raped.

I still don't know if the rape that happened here will reduce her HP, or what. Even barring any penalties of that sort, it still feels like a complete and total waste of time. I even looked up the rulebook to see what Silent Image is, and then had to look up what minor image meant as far as the rules of DnD, and it says that a minor image is an extremely insignificant change. You can't even form understandable speech to try and lure someone with a legitimate distraction. And the moment it's interacted with (vague, but that's what the info I've read says) it just pops.

If It's fine with you guys, Karaz is gonna either destroy or just bury the spirit under the ground. It's kind of a scum bag. I wouldn't even say it's worth the smut since half the smut Grave was asked to write himself anyway.

OP
A

arivia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

There was never going to be any permanent penalties either way :confused:, but sorry you didn't like the scenario. It was intentionally targeted at cross_grave, since they're the kinks he asked for.

OP
A

arivia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Also, it's Silent Image, not Minor Image. Silent Image is the following:

"This spell creates the visual illusion of an object, creature, or force, as visualized by you. The illusion does not create sound, smell, texture, or temperature. You can move the image within the limits of the size of the effect."

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

Generally going by the consensus on the spells, "Interact" Basically means touch usually, unless the illusion is fully auditory. Now I dunno how one recognizes a sound is an illusion but that's how it works. That said generally silent image is plenty for most of the useful things one wishes to do with illusions. The more complicated you get with them, the less effective they usually are. Throw up a wall suddenly or something, unless they are mages and can tell, it's still gonna obscure vision til they touch it. Make it seem like you're a tree. OR there's an array of caltrops they'd have to run through to charge you. As far as spells go, illusions are versatile that way.

In any case it's something Alia literally can never do otherwise.

As for destroying or burying the dream spirit, I doubt Karaz has the gear to collapse the cavern, which may undermine the convent itself, and destroying an inter dimensional spirit is generally not possible for people who can't use planar binding. Can't hit what's on an overlapping existence looking inwards. The only reason we can interact with it at all is due to the drugs causing us to sleep by it.

Now, I'm fine with the smut myself. Fit's the theme the spirit likes. Whether it was wise or not isn't the question at hand though.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Then we just bury the chamber. Close and destroy the mechanism that opens the secret entrance. It's not going to be hard to make sure the spirit gets to sit and spin down there forever.

I'm also reading five feet as a recurring element. That's not the size of a tree, but rather a medium sized rock.

All I know is, I got dicked around by a spirit who is now telling me what to do unconditionally. I'm glad Cross had fun and all, but my main interest is burying the asshole spirit and moving on.

Edit: Sorry if Alia loses her memories. That's what ya get for trusting strangers to fuck your pussy.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

That's my logic on the whole situation too really. @ MAF, not Zilrax. Silent Image is worthless, it's entirely situational and doesn't do anything that can't be done more effectively without magic. The only thing that can said about it is that it's quicker than nonmagical concealment methods, but it's only actually useful for ambushes in an area that the target doesn't know... If the target is reliant purely on sight.

Semi relatedly, this spirit is getting left here forever if I have anything to say about it. Once everyone is out of the passage Arkeia is closing the stairs and permanently disabling the mechanisms that allow it to open. I will merrily take 20 on it if need be. This secret passage was a complete waste of time and had no delicious loot to speak of. :<

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

One problem with that. Alia's still with the spirit. If she gets her mind shredded, then I can guarantee she's going to be unhappy if she ever regains her faculties after that.

Fucking Hell, I really can't understand what's your problem. Is loot all you people care about? We're grabbing that already!

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

One problem with that. Alia's still with the spirit. If she gets her mind shredded, then I can guarantee she's going to be unhappy if she ever regains her faculties after that.
Problem with that, Karaz just knows that the spirit is clinging onto Alia. Now, and I aplogize for this, I get really involved when it comes to role playing as a character. So I try not to involve what I personally know into who I'm playing. That being said, Karaz has no inclination whatsoever to believe that doing exactly what the selfish and ignorant spirit wants her to do is even close to a good idea.

Bring her the nun and release her? I'm just as confused as Karaz when it comes to knowing what happens after that. Far as either of us know, then we're all fucked. So, Hell-to-the-no. Demon spirit isn't getting what it wants.

... Except Alia.

OP
A

arivia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Well, there is always the (quiet good) chance that the spirit is only being as civil as it is because it is currently bound...

OP
A

arivia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Also, yeah, it's cool. I just thought you were mad about the way I ran it.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fucking Hell, I really can't understand what's your problem. Is loot all you people care about? We're grabbing that already!
Well, ideally that wouldn't happen. We want the best of both worlds here, you getting to write fun smut and not pay for the horrible mistake of ever agreeing to any deal offered by an extradimensional being in a fantasy RPG... And the spirit gets left to rot in a pit forever.

The vehemence from RJ and myself comes mostly from the overall derpness of the situation. It's a combination of elements really! No loot in a secret area, an obvious trap sprung with no real reward for successfully navigating it, the lack of any alternate solutions, and the classic trope of the faustian bargain that was frustratingly accepted by someone even though that has a 100% you get fucked at the end of the deal rate. All sins to one degree or another, and they all combine to be generally frustrating and annoying rather than interesting and enjoyable. Not really looking to blame anyone for that though, I imagine this was probably ad-libbed in the desire to get us to write smut, which is hardly a goal I can blame our esteemed GM for, and your response to it was quite good.

Yes. Loot is, in fact, all we care about. It's in the job description for adventurer and was literally demanded that we have such as a key motivation for our characters in the sign up thread.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I actually don't care too much about loot, but Karaz does so I understand the confusion.

Personally, I want a good adventure. Currently, my book of my adventures so far is titled, "How to waste time with interdimensional assholes that expect free sex: ft. Karaz Drengi."

OP
A

arivia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I've always considered Silent Image a pretty useful spell, it was intended to be the reward for successfully navigating the encounter. I thought it was at least as nice as a magic item. Sorry if it's a disappointment. I'll strike this kind of thing off my list for non-combat encounters.