What's new

RPG [BBBen] Pervert Action: Crisis!

BBBen

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Hi there, I've been lurking on this site for a little while now and it only just occurred to me that this might be a good place to post this. I write adult interactive fiction games and I recently released a hentai-themed one called Pervert Action: Crisis! The game has hundreds of lines of voiced dialogue recorded by a group of actors for the game (they've done a good job - it's not just a bunch of friends of mine doing silly voices) and it also has some anime portraits of the characters, although I should make it clear from the outset that there are not any sex pics, and generally no nude pictures. If that means this game isn't your cup of tea, no problem (keep your eyes out for the sequel, though, which will have extensive sex graphics when I release it).

Synopsis: Kenji, a Japanese university student studying abroad, is surprised to find himself called back to Japan with an enticing job offer. He's been asked to teach at the exclusive girl's school on Grey Island, where apparently no man has been for 30 years. He will soon discover, however, that the young ladies are not the only thing to distract him from his work, as he has to investigate the mysterious death of the teacher who last held his position...

The text and voices are, of course, in English.

Anyway, the game can be found at my website for a free download and it's 49 mb. There's no ads or anything on the site, as this is server space that has been donated to me by an AIF fan. I hope, therefore, that it's okay to post the site address directly:

The game needs to be run in English region settings, and if you encounter any trouble with Windows 7 there are some instructions in the game package that should help. I intend to do a re-release eventually that will solve the region settings issue by using a much more recent platform, but that will take a lot of work and I'm currently busy working on the sequel, which I will probably finish before looking into any re-releases.

Last edited by a moderator:

kreissack

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Pervert Action: Crisis!

It's AWESOME to see this, and I'll download it now. You know, I figured you'd just stopped writing AIF forever ago. I loved a Goblin's Life, by the by, even if I couldn't remember how to do some stuff a few years later :p

Bowser

Lurker
Reputation score

Sounds interesting, I'm looking forward to having a look.

I was expecting the voices to be in Japanese from your description though.

How did you manage to pick up people to do the voices for you? The voices thing is usually above and beyond because it takes a project beyond the one developer.

Durecch

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

As fun as this game sounds, I really don't have the patience to download all of the seperate crap needed to make ADRIFT run on Windows 7, sorry.

OP
BBBen

BBBen

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I didn't actually stop writing, I just stopped releasing games because this one got so bogged down in development. It took about 8 years from conception to completion (a lot of that time wasted in writer's block, of course).

As to the voices, I found certain places online where voice actors can be recruited, but even so it took about seven or eight months to cast and record all the dialogue. Hopefully it will be easier for the sequel, as I'm likely to work with the same cast again (even though it will be about new characters).

On the Windows 7 thing, my feedback is that it usually works straight out of the box with win7, and doesn't require much fiddling around even if it doesn't work. You shouldn't need to download anything extra.

Durecch

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I tried it straight out of the box, and kept getting a variety of errors, or it simply not bothering to start up at all. Tried downloading ADRIFT from other sources, game doesn't work on those either.

Anatolj

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hi, i seem to have a problem runing this game. After i installed ADRIFT runner and tried to open the Perverted Action Crisis.taf i get an error message saying:

Error loading adventure - [Input past end of file,62,8]
After that it stops loading, i re-downloaded it adn re-instaled it already but it always says the same.
By the way i'm using windows xp.

OP
BBBen

BBBen

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hi, i seem to have a problem runing this game. After i installed ADRIFT runner and tried to open the Perverted Action Crisis.taf i get an error message saying:

Error loading adventure - [Input past end of file,62,8]
After that it stops loading, i re-downloaded it adn re-instaled it already but it always says the same.
By the way i'm using windows xp.
That error sounds like the region settings problem. ADRIFT 4.0 only runs in English region settings.

OP
BBBen

BBBen

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I tried it straight out of the box, and kept getting a variety of errors, or it simply not bothering to start up at all. Tried downloading ADRIFT from other sources, game doesn't work on those either.
Unfortunately I don't use Win7 myself, so it's a little hard for me to find any solution for this. It's come up with a few people and they mostly seemed to have found solutions, but you might have to wait until the re-release.

Anatolj

Demon Girl
Reputation score

That error sounds like the region settings problem. ADRIFT 4.0 only runs in English region settings.
It seems the regional setting was the reson for the problm, thanks for the tip.:)

Pakars

Lurker
Reputation score

Hi there, I've been lurking on this site for a little while now and it only just occurred to me that this might be a good place to post this. I write adult interactive fiction games and I recently released a hentai-themed one called Pervert Action: Crisis! The game has hundreds of lines of voiced dialogue recorded by a group of actors for the game (they've done a good job - it's not just a bunch of friends of mine doing silly voices) and it also has some anime portraits of the characters, although I should make it clear from the outset that there are not any sex pics, and generally no nude pictures. If that means this game isn't your cup of tea, no problem (keep your eyes out for the sequel, though, which will have extensive sex graphics when I release it).

Synopsis: Kenji, a Japanese university student studying abroad, is surprised to find himself called back to Japan with an enticing job offer. He's been asked to teach at the exclusive girl's school on Grey Island, where apparently no man has been for 30 years. He will soon discover, however, that the young ladies are not the only thing to distract him from his work, as he has to investigate the mysterious death of the teacher who last held his position...

The text and voices are, of course, in English.

Anyway, the game can be found at my website for a free download and it's 49 mb. There's no ads or anything on the site, as this is server space that has been donated to me by an AIF fan. I hope, therefore, that it's okay to post the site address directly:

The game needs to be run in English region settings, and if you encounter any trouble with Windows 7 there are some instructions in the game package that should help. I intend to do a re-release eventually that will solve the region settings issue by using a much more recent platform, but that will take a lot of work and I'm currently busy working on the sequel, which I will probably finish before looking into any re-releases.
You know, I played your game all the way through when I first found it posted, a few weeks after you released it. I also played crossworlds all the way through. I've greatly enjoyed all of your works.

mohawklogan

Demon Girl
Reputation score

i cant figure out what to do after the first lesson i have talked to everyone i have tried to groom and have also tried to swim but i cant seem to do anything i have gone back to class quite a few times can someone help me thanks

MohawkLogan:cool:

OP
BBBen

BBBen

Demon Girl
Reputation score

i cant figure out what to do after the first lesson i have talked to everyone i have tried to groom and have also tried to swim but i cant seem to do anything i have gone back to class quite a few times can someone help me thanks

MohawkLogan:cool:
Just go back to the class and teach again.

thetruemaster

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Is there any discussion forum or walkthrough for this game yet? I'm trying to get Kyoko, but I cannot seem to trigger any of her scenes under any circumstance, nor do I seem to be able to give her any items. Is she bugged in some way?

OP
BBBen

BBBen

Demon Girl
Reputation score

No, she's not bugged (I'm not aware of any bugs in the game, just the issues with the platform's compatibility, which are out of my control) and there's definitely an item that you can give her.

There's more discussion out there if you're looking for hints, such as the AIF Archive, the Shark's Lagoon and AIFgames.com, but I imagine discussion can be done here as well.

I'm not aware of an actual walkthrough, yet, though I did see someone post a score list at one point, which is almost as good. I'm not sure where that is, however.

thetruemaster

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I've found the problem, the very first item I tried to give her turned out to be correct. The issue was that the command "give kyoko item" does not work, but "give item to kyoko" does. The problem is that the first command has the response "Kyoko doesn't seem interested in the item." so I assumed that meant I was giving the wrong item.

Bowser

Lurker
Reputation score

>_<
I just dug through the wrong folder looking for my notes on Political Action Committees in class.

OP
BBBen

BBBen

Demon Girl
Reputation score

>_<
I just dug through the wrong folder looking for my notes on Political Action Committees in class.
Fucking awesome!

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Your link for Adrift 3.9 are broken, so I'm unsure if I can try your other games. Plus the computer I have is a Mac.

OP
BBBen

BBBen

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Your link for Adrift 3.9 are broken, so I'm unsure if I can try your other games. Plus the computer I have is a Mac.
Thanks, I'll try to fix that 3.9 runner link. In the meantime it's probably locatable through google, though I think ADRIFT doesn't work on Macs. There is, however, a runner called Gargoyle that does allow ADRIFT games to be run on Macs (it won't give the voice acting for PAC, though).