What's new

[WIP - Full] Bitch Exorcist Rio 5 Translation Project

DemonBreath

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
DLSite: product_id/RJ188301.html
Original Thread: /bbs/showthread.php?t=29729

Being a big fan of the series I wanted to get a translation out as soon as possible! As for right now, I can provide a partial, but a fair warning: This translation is a mix of machine translations and extremely limited japanese (read:kana and basic grammar and vocab.)

(be kind, its my first post and translation!)

UPDATE 3/13
---
I'm really sorry for everyone who was looking forward to this translation, but for reasons I'll explain later I have quit translating this game. Before that though I'll list what is and is not translated:

What's Translated
--
- Intro
- All NPC dialogue (as far as I know)
- Entire beach area
- The city proper
- First row of h-scenes
- Ghoul and Haga-Haga H-scenes
- Maya's H-scenes
- Majority of the cult(Sansei) scenario
- First Sex and Dormitory Sansei H-Scenes
- First tentacle game over H-Scene
- First half of first native H-scene

What's Not
--
- The entire ending
- Mei-Mei's H-scene
- Rest of Sansei H-scenes
- Native H-scenes
- Second tentacle game over H-Scene
- Park H-scenes
- Token pot H-scene
- probably other random shit I missed (I haven't proof read anything)

Now, for why I decided to quit this translation project. I decided, in my infinite wisdom, to attempt to the notoriously difficult native scene returning from the third game. I figured I should get them out of the way early on, if I even could, because if I left them to last there was no way I was going to be able to translate. I wish I had just decided not to translate them, because the one and a half H-scnes I translated, along with the dialogue and other stuff, effectively killed off all enjoyment I had from translating the game. In 2017 the only work I've done is moving H-scenes to the gallery and translated 3 new H-scenes. Those native scenes left a really bad taste in my mouth that turned me off the whole thing, and after Persona 5 hits next month I know I'm not going to get this thing finished for the forseeable future. So I've decided to release everything that I've done.

Once again, I really, truly am sorry for everyone who was getting their hopes up. Not having those Sansei scenes translated are a fucking albatross around my neck, and I'm really dissapointed they're going to be left untranslated. I hope someone else picks this up to finish what I started cus' I really want to see this game get translated, despite what it may seem like. Who knows, if months go by and nobody picks it up I might return to it. Don't get your hopes up though. That being said, I hope that at least this satiates all your hunger for the translation, since it can't satisfy it. A fair warning though, as I mentined earlier I have not proofread anything, so expect a plethora of mistakes, both small and major.

TL;DR - I fucked up

Translation files (mega)
#!pc9XRRLZ!e436_y8Qt2nAn9Bt1aUrLuVb56TbowZL6qSFKTw2Uk8

(should I remark this as "Complete - Partial" to let people know I've released new translations files?)

Last edited:

Cursed Atelier

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Bitch Exorcist Rio 5 Translation Project

Thank you so much for doing this.

If you ever need help, don`t hesitate to write me a PN.
I am still not a pro but I will try my best to help you out!

Greetings Candiru

Cursed Atelier

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Oh and btw, please edit your post and
put a link to the Rio 5 thread in there.

Damoriva

Cthulhu
Reputation score

This reminds me. Was the third one ever translated?

Minuit

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I made a partial w/o checking this forum first... :p

I gave your partial a try to watch the differences but nothing is translated (from your MEGA link). You should check that.

Here's my partial, feel free to use it to make a full translation:

Download:

Translated: Actors, Classes, Skills, Items, Weapons/Armors, Enemies/Troups, States, System, Menu.

Added: Resize script (F5-F6)

OP
DemonBreath

DemonBreath

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I made a partial w/o checking this forum first... :p

I gave your partial a try to watch the differences but nothing is translated (from your MEGA link). You should check that.
Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I double checked everything and created a new upload with the game.ini file in the original post. If you're still getting nothing there than I don't know what happened. I'll give up with uploading the partial and just release the full thing when its done if that's the case.

I checked your translation out, and I'm relieved we tl'ed it roughly the same. It means I'm doing it right!

And even if you didn't check the forum, at least you provided a working link!

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Translated: Actors, Classes, Skills, Items, Weapons/Armors, Enemies/Troups, States, System, Menu.
Wait, does this game even use any of that apart from items and menu? That would imply that Rio 5 has combat...

OP
DemonBreath

DemonBreath

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Wait, does this game even use any of that apart from items and menu? That would imply that Rio 5 has combat...
Rio 5 does have combat. It only appears in the forest area though, so maybe you missed it.

chiakisan

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I just beat the game! Holy cow... this is the best Rio yet imo.

I can't wait for your translation now! I feel like the Cult scenes would be a lot more fun with some context =]

OP
DemonBreath

DemonBreath

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I just beat the game! Holy cow... this is the best Rio yet imo.

I can't wait for your translation now! I feel like the Cult scenes would be a lot more fun with some context =]
I'm glad to hear you're looking forward to it. I hope I can deliver what you're hoping for.

Elowan

Reputation score

Thank for translating this game !
Do you have any news about the translation process ?

OP
DemonBreath

DemonBreath

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thank for translating this game !
Do you have any news about the translation process ?
I'm not keeping track of the whole percentage done, so I can't tell you exactly how much of it is done, and that's why I've avoided updating with my progress, but if you're asking I've no objection to answering as much as I can.

I have all the NPCs translated, the vast majority of non-H events done and 13/31 H-Scenes translated (along with everything from the partial obviously).

The natvies are proving a real challenge to translate, out of the one native H-Scene I have translated I sometimes only had one word in an entire speech box to work with. If it proves too much of a challenge, I'm just going to make it up (there's only 4, so it shouldn't be that bad).

Although I can't make any promises, I'd be surprised if I didn't get it finished by Christmas.

rllog

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Although I can't make any promises, I'd be surprised if I didn't get it finished by Christmas.
*silent clap*

You're not the hero we deserve, but the one we need right now.

Keep up the good work, really looking forward to this one!

Elowan

Reputation score

Where is the translation è_é
Nah i'm kidding, take your time but can you give us some new ?

sandchainz

Reputation score

This reminds me. Was the third one ever translated?
The 3rd part was translated into russian. But also had problems with tribe guys dialogs because of the strange dialect that none of the online translators can translate it in a good way.

AE1992

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The 3rd part was translated into russian. But also had problems with tribe guys dialogs because of the strange dialect that none of the online translators can translate it in a good way.
The third one was translated. It was posted somewhere in the main Rio 5 thread.

EDIT: It was linked on the first page on this thread.

sandchainz

Reputation score

Oh, sorry then, didn't seen the link :p

chiakisan

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I think this translation is dead since the OP hasn't logged in for 3 weeks :eek:

shadypro

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yeah it was posted , but the link was taken down.Can you reupload if you have it?