What's new

RPG Patreon Ci-En Active RPG Maker [Boko877] Girl Beats Hero

caterkiller

Lurker
Reputation score
Gotta ask sense I am a bit confused on how boko makes his games is he using the rpg maker mv because I can tell how he puts anations into each attack he makes for his girls or is just a program software he uses?

Reputation score
Gotta ask sense I am a bit confused on how boko makes his games is he using the rpg maker mv because I can tell how he puts anations into each attack he makes for his girls or is just a program software he uses?
Yes, he does use mv. I think the process goes something like this:
Create model with 3D custom girl.
Convert(?) with MMD and create animations.
Videos of the finished animations are then used in the game. (Not sure why he doesn't just use the animations. I assume that it's an issue related to performance).

caterkiller

Lurker
Reputation score
Yes, he does use mv. I think the process goes something like this:
Create model with 3D custom girl.
Convert(?) with MMD and create animations.
Videos of the finished animations are then used in the game. (Not sure why he doesn't just use the animations. I assume that it's an issue related to performance).
Ty for the info back in the day I was trying to learn how to make a game like boko with my mmd software but can't figure out how he converts videos it into attack animations

Last edited:

dead136

Reputation score
i heard he's making UFC 2 and so....

Anyone knows how much is done to the game? like if its gonna finish it on this year or next?

OP
BluFalcon

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
i heard he's making UFC 2 and so....

Anyone knows how much is done to the game? like if its gonna finish it on this year or next?
Trying to get an alpha demo out this month or next. There's no doubt the game will be finished this year, as its just one character. He's said he'd like to add another, though. Either way that still shouldn't take that long. It's probably just the combat system and general combat design that is taking up the time. A thread will be made once the demo is out, as its technically a different game.

OP
BluFalcon

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
According to a posted today. The next GBH update will be the witch. No ETA on when.

Reputation score
I'm guessing it'll take a while to finish since she's a boss character who'll probably get a game over scene. Maybe 2-4 months. Could be wrong though.

2-tall

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Lusy is best girl it seems that there is a progress update that boko877 made but it is only on the Enty page. Did he happen to leave a status update like that in at least the bulletin boards or no?

edit 1: nevermind I see that it is also on the patreon page. sorry for the trouble.

OP
BluFalcon

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
New update out. Witch girl fight. Best update in a while, in my opinion, and this is only magic mode. She should have a combat mode sometime later on in another update.

Reputation score
Yeah, there haven't been any real updates for a while since Boko was busy with UFG2, so this is easily much better. Selunelia is probably one of the best characters in GBH now, but I think I still like Auphemia more.
Since 0.27 is out, 0.24 (Auphemia's update) will probably be released for free within the next few weeks.

Our Hero got 2 new spells this update, Strength boost and Agility boost. Didn't test them all that much, but Strength boost seems a little too good. It only lasts 3 turns , but it stacks with Omni-boost, so you can deal about 1000 damage per turn, or 3000 in 3 turns if you don't get interrupted. That's a lot of damage. Enough to beat some characters even before you even need to heal. I won't be surprised if this gets nerfed.
On the other hand, Agility boost seems worthless to me. Alf is already faster than most opponents, and even when he's slower healing has priority anyway. Not sure if it has any benefits.

As expected, Selunelia ended up fighting our hero to prevent him from reviving the big bad.
She has 17 attacks, which I think is the highest number in the game, and most of her attacks inflicts a debuff/status effect.
This time around, the amulets are actually useful since the background's color will change, letting you know which element she's going to use.
Light and Dark are the most damaging elements, but earth is also dangerous due to the pesky poison (10% HP per turn, I think).
She doesn't have her fighting mode yet, but once her HP drops low enough, she will resort to using charm magic. It's pretty lewd, which I can always appreciate.
Most of her charm spells don't deal any damage, because she's mostly focusing on draining MP and levels. It's basically a DPS race. If you don't beat her fast enough, then she'll drain you all the way down to level one.
Most of her charm spells increase the ecstasy gauge, and if she uses a lewd attack and fills the gauge, then she will finish off our hero in her finish animation. However, unlike how it usually goes, the fight doesn't end there. She'll just drain even more levels. Nice.
She's pretty tough, but she's not too hard if you know what you're doing.
Just keep damaging her while keeping your ecstasy gauge low and you should be fine. If it gets high, then she could charm you with lust charm and you'll lose about 60 MP per turn. You'll probably lose if that happens. Unless you cheat and spam items like a real hero.
It seems that we'll be going to the monster lord's castle after Selunelia's fighting mode is done. No clue if we'll meet/fight anyone there, though.

Don't know if this was mentioned anywhere, but I worked on the dialogue for Camil, Loretta and Sejna. I hope they're better now.
Excluding Alcia, pretty much all of the dialogue in Auphemia's manor should be better now.

2-tall

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Wait, Alf is trying to revive the demon lord? Geez he went the way of the fallen hero?

Reputation score
He gotta revive the monster lord cause girls are getting too stronk. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets accused of being a fallen hero at some point, though. It'd probably be a good excuse for giving all of the girls a game over scene.

IND3X

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
If I remember correctly the monster lord magic also affect the birth rate ratio between girls and boys too, no?
If so, in a long term, humanity won't be able to reproduce and probably facing extinction.

2-tall

Demon Girl
Reputation score
On the other hand, Agility boost seems worthless to me. Alf is already faster than most opponents, and even when he's slower healing has priority anyway. Not sure if it has any benefits.
There will probably be a girl (battle) that requires you to make use of agility boost later on. Might that skill be foreshadowing a new character?

Reputation score
If I remember correctly the monster lord magic also affect the birth rate ratio between girls and boys too, no?
If so, in a long term, humanity won't be able to reproduce and probably facing extinction.
I don't remember anyone saying that it effected birth rates, but I remember Auphemia mentioning that women can give birth just by using magic in the old translation. But that was a translation mistake, so it's gone now.
There will probably be a girl (battle) that requires you to make use of agility boost later on. Might that skill be foreshadowing a new character?
I don't know if he'll use it in the castle, but he'll probably try to make use of it at some point, just like protect was used against Astrid.

IND3X

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I don't remember anyone saying that it effected birth rates, but I remember Auphemia mentioning that women can give birth just by using magic in the old translation. But that was a translation mistake, so it's gone now.
Yup, went back and re-read it again and no mention of birth ratio. Either it was old translation/mistranslation or I mistook what I said for another game.

OP
BluFalcon

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
The witch is my favorite character but what is her new game-over scene like? What happens in that?
she keeps you prisoner to test new potions on. one is an "obsessed with breasts" potion and the other is an "obsessed with legs" one. each has a different little animation loop with it. afterwards she talks about other types of potions she's eager to test

Reputation score
Update 0.28 is out.
It includes the fight with Shisuka, the blue haired knight in Luciana who randomly attacks our hero if he talks to her after his encounter with the queen.
She's pretty fast and can seem a little hard at first, but she's pretty easy once you recognise her pattern.
The update also allows you to eat at the cafeteria, but it's just a small event that serves no purpose for now.
The next update should include the martial arts mode for Selunelia, and Boko said it won't take long.
The dialogue for all of the NPCs in Luciana was fixed in this update, and some NPCs got a few extra lines. Now that they're done, Eiruferu will probably be next, followed by the other characters.

2-tall

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Does Shisuka have any moves that can finish the hero off in a lewd way? Also how does she react when you win against her?

Last edited: