What's new

RPG Patreon Ci-En Active RPG Maker [Boko877] Girl Beats Hero

Missing_ID

Lurker
Reputation score
It's been a while, isn't it? but it seems Boko is having problems with UFG 2 and decides to return to GBH? Also there's this

According to Boko, it seems this is supposed to be Mena's (The Thief) older sister. He hasn't decided yet, but there's a possibility she'll appear in the game

Sunshaded

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Nope, he hasn't returned to work on GBH yet. The screenshots and animations he's put out are mainly done for fun and to test out stuff (like a different hair for the hero) that could make development easier for him.

Now that you mention it, recently it's been hard to keep track of what Boko is up to. I looked back at his tweets to refresh my memory, so here's a summary...

- Pre-August 12: Worked on UFG2.
- August 12: Decided to take a break to refresh himself, but said he'll probably release some small stuff (as in, screenshots/animations on Twitter) for fun.
- August 21: Mentions that he tried out RPG Maker MZ, and it's a little better but not significantly different than the version of RPG Maker he currently works with for GBH. He said it'd be easier to develop GBH if he could make his own plugin or modify someone else's, but he hasn't been able to find the time to learn how.
- September 10: Decided to pause development of UFG2 and study how to create motions and tweak character models. No detailed explanation of his intentions yet. But my impression is that once he's done with this, he'll just return to UFG2 rather than GBH.

However, you can tell from his tweets that he GBH continues to be source of creative energy for him, so I'm looking forward to what we'll see when he finally returns to GBH... though I don't expect that to happen for months.

Reputation score
Yo. Been a while. Wanted to give you guys a heads up, cause Boko may release the RPG Maker MZ test tomorrow assuming nothing goes wrong.

The update will star Philine, the girl Boko showed off in several of his recent tweets. It's pretty much a short story (so there won't be a fight) in which Philine comes over to our hero's room at the inn in order to apologize for the trouble her sister Mena caused. How will she do it? By helping him let out his sticky white stuff, obviously. However, this is a trap. She's actually here to steal all of his money, and she's only helping him with his sticky white stuff so she can render him weak and defenseless. Our hero will have to time his button presses properly in order to resist her seductions.

I can't help but wonder if this event will actually have an effect on future events. Like, is she canonically going to rob him so he's going to be poor and in need of money in the later updates? Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Anyway, here's some nice tweets that show off bunch of what you'll see in the update
In these tweets, she seduces him, weakens him, and then reveals her true colors before robbing him:
Lewdness:

Sefina looking like a fecking snack:
Senri's lighting finger:
Leticia's new outfit? Always thought Leticia was real pretty, so this is nice to see:

OP
BluFalcon

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
The MZ demo was pretty interesting and a nice change of pace from the usual RPG battles.

Reputation score
Speaking of changes of pace...
Did you guys know that Boko's considering changing the way exploration works in GBH? He mentioned it in a couple of tweets last month. I'll just slap the google translations here:
-At MZ, I want to make something like GBH Gaiden, but I haven't decided what kind of system it will be. So, first of all, the video playback test will be the main.
-Originally, GBH does not have much freedom as an RPG, so I think that it is okay to cut off the part that walks around the field and make it ADV-like.

When I asked him if he's considering something like a visual novel, he replied in English saying:
-That's right, it's close to the visual novel format. It will reduce the player's freedom, but will reduce the production time. Command-selective adventure games may also be good. (You can choose "where to go", "who to talk to", etc.)
In any case, these are under consideration.
Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about this. I kinda like walking around and seeing who I can talk and interact with. I was hoping all of the areas would eventually become as interactive as Selunelia's house back in CP1, and maybe even have bunch of side quests to boot to make exploration worthwhile. So I can't help viewing a change like this as a bit of a downgrade.
On the other hand, I guess it'd be best if Boko spent less time messing with 2d sprites and focused more on the PLOT instead. It'd probably be easier for him to make side quests, too. Plus, more cut scenes like the one in the MZ test isn't something I'd complain about.

CRIT MAGNET

Lurker
Reputation score
I discovered Boko a few days ago. I rushed these games but now I'm stuck at what is probably the final battle (of the story) in the second game. The boss attacking 2 times per turn sometimes to 70% of my HP (with buff) is pretty brutal >_<

Enjoyable game overall. Decent challenge and cool scenes. I would give up on the world for the lady in the manor any day!

deadshy

Lurker
Reputation score
I've noticed a lot of RPGmaker games use some pretty similar character models, is there an in-built 3D maker support now or something or are they all just using the same third-party software?

OP
BluFalcon

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I've noticed a lot of RPGmaker games use some pretty similar character models, is there an in-built 3D maker support now or something or are they all just using the same third-party software?
A lot of them use 3D Custom Girl.

Reputation score
I've got some nice news. Boko plans on releasing the final version of GBH CP2 for free soon with some minor changes. I've been retranslating the remaining characters in preparation for this, so I hope I'll finish everything within a few weeks. The characters I'm working on are Leticia, Millis, Astriede, Shisen, Fytte, Mena, Alcia, and Neko. If anyone thinks I'm missing anything that could use some work then just let me know and I'll see what I can do about it.

2-tall

Demon Girl
Reputation score
It always seems that as soon as Boko posts updates about GBH on his twitter that someone comes along asking for more ball-busting content... or is this just my imagination? How about another girl with some face-sitting attacks in her arsenal as well?

OP
BluFalcon

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
someone comes along asking for more ball-busting content
those people are everywhere, I swear. I've witnessed plenty of games turn into 90% BB or 90% feet games just because of how many can fund a project and the pressure that comes with appeasing them. I have my preferences but I'm usually more the type to want a variety of different things. Boko seems to just go full-steam ahead on what he wants to make though, so that's nice. Part of why I've been a follower for so darn long.

2-tall

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Boko seems to just go full-steam ahead on what he wants to make though, so that's nice. Part of why I've been a follower for so darn long.
Boko remaining firm with what he wants to do is a relief. That variety IS why I cannot help but come back to this little game.

The thief girl's elder sister is somehow able to put the moves on Alf despite him knowing she is bad news the 2nd time around. How does that one work? Is she just that good that Alf melts at the very memory of her touch? Also that dancer shrinks Alf and puts him between her melons with a spell. Did she take some magic lessons from the witch?

gemstoner75

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
those people are everywhere, I swear. I've witnessed plenty of games turn into 90% BB or 90% feet games just because of how many can fund a project and the pressure that comes with appeasing them. I have my preferences but I'm usually more the type to want a variety of different things. Boko seems to just go full-steam ahead on what he wants to make though, so that's nice. Part of why I've been a follower for so darn long.
Are you telling me the ballbusting people are... busting your balls?

OP
BluFalcon

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
The answer I am afraid is no. It also doesn't look like the version which has her available will be released to the public soon.
On Patreon Boko877 said they'd like to release GBH CP2 to the public in the near future. But it seems like that's only going to come after UFG2 gets voices and after Boko877 adds a few more events into GBH CP2, like the cleaning maid on the third floor of the castle and possibly some other things.