What's new

RPG Patreon Ci-En Active RPG Maker [Boko877] Girl Beats Hero

Reputation score
The final version of GBH CP2 is out for free, guys.

The update should fix the translation for all of the dialogue in the game, hopefully making it more faithful to the Japanese dialogue.

It includes an event with Leela, the maid in the 2nd floor of Luciana's castle, a solo battle for both Sharifa and Nathifa, and some animations for the knight in the Luciana changing room.

It also adds the option to unlock the Death Slash, which is basically an auto win button, if you talk to Neko and ask her to unlock it.

Oh, and the story is a little easier to progress through, because the game doesn't require you to fight Millis or a certain number of different characters in order to progress, so hopefully no one will get stuck anymore.

Missing_ID

Lurker
Reputation score
This is probably super late, but does anyone knows Leticia's pattern for her counterattack? The guide seems a bit unclear about it and might be lost in translation.
It says it starts from the second turn, and she does it again every 3 turns after that (2,5,8), but it also said the turn when she tramples count too, even though I don't think that's the case.
This is for her first fight if there's any difference.

chucknoris35

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I'm sorry for the useless post but I have a question. In the first chapter, are you only able to fight Leticia, your sister, the maids, the prison whip lady and the witch? After all these fights I can't seem to figure out how to progress. Or is this when I should load up chapter 2?

Someone92

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I don't remember when Chapter 1 ends, but yes, to advance the story at one point you have to play chapter 2.

Reputation score
I think Selunelia is the final boss of chapter 1, so you should be done after beating her. You didn't mention Auphemia in your post, but I assume you fought her because she shows up after you beat all of her maids.

I remember some of the characters having a harder version of their fight after you beat them so you could try to fight them again if you're interested, but those fights won't progress the story or anything. So yeah, it's pretty much time to load up chapter 2.

Reputation score
Boko showed off our hero's new model in a short video with Leticia in her outfit
His model seems to look a lot better now. His old model occasionally looked pretty weird when some of the ladies got too touchy with him, so I hope this model will handle that a lot better. We'll probably be seeing a lot more of this model in the videos Boko's going to be working on.

gemstoner75

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
He still going down like a bitch though and still has no eyes... but the shirt looked good I guess.
Well the "no-eyes"-thing is kind of an artistic choice:
Giving him less distinctive human features that makes it easier for the player to project himself onto the empty husk of a character that gets kicked in the face.

2-tall

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Giving him less distinctive human features that makes it easier for the player to project himself onto the empty husk of a character that gets kicked in the face.
I try to avoid projecting myself into this kind of character. Same with the male lead of an NTR series. I guess we still need these kinds of protagonists in the end.

Missing_ID

Lurker
Reputation score
Boko showed off our hero's new model in a short video with Leticia in her outfit
His model seems to look a lot better now. His old model occasionally looked pretty weird when some of the ladies got too touchy with him, so I hope this model will handle that a lot better. We'll probably be seeing a lot more of this model in the videos Boko's going to be working on.
Mmmh, is it just me, or seeing the girls simply dodging attacks almost effortlessly is already really good?

Sunshaded

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
If you guys haven't been keeping up with Boko's Twitter posts lately, he's been exploring a new format for his next GBH game, and it's looking really promising, even though it's still in the very early stages.

For a while, he was looking into other programs to help him with making animations, and found that using NexGiMa to improve animation physics and then rendering them in MikuMikuDance produced better results than his current method of pure MikuMikuDance. Now he's moved on to working with RPG Maker. So far, he's made it clear that as he indicated before, the presentation style of this next work will be more linear; he's not sure how much he'll add in the way of game elements. We've seen animations with Leticia and Ritica relatively recently too, but lately he's focused on a full scene with Senri. Here's the video:
So it turns out countries are trying to claim more territory now that the monsters have started to thin out ever since Alf first beat the Monster Lord. I wonder if the Luciana Empire will have anything to say about these macho countries jumping the gun without realizing the new status quo. Anyway, Senri is cool... I kinda want to see her become a friendly sparring partner with the Monster Lord.

Missing_ID

Lurker
Reputation score
I know he made this video as a reference to a game, but hot damn, I kinda wish this is in the game

Also, speaking of Selunelia, I remember Boko made a video (Two, one with extra dialogue or something) about her that introduced us to her and the GBH world, but does anyone that video with English sub, if it ever existed at all?

Need Count

Reputation score
I always wonder how old the characters are in the GBH. I think they are older than 20. Some way older imo

Reputation score
Yo. Been a while. Hope everyone's doing well.

Thought I'd let people know that I've been working on the translation for CP1. It will cover pretty much everything. All of the characters, events, combat dialogue, etc... Hopefully, nothing important will be missed. I've actually already finished translating everything and I'm just checking to make sure I didn't make typos or anything of the sort. Once that's done, I'll tell Boko that everything's ready and he'll update the game whenever he has the time. I should have it ready for him before the end of the year, but I don't know when he'll update it cause he seems a bit busy lately. (Some stuff in CP2 will also get some minor changes, mostly for consistency's sake)

Normally I'd only mention this after the update gets released, but there were about 2 or so guys who weren't happy about the fact the characters in CP2 no longer make fun of the size of the protags pee pee after the dialogue got updated, so I thought I'd give anyone who shares their sentiment a heads up. Because once the update drops, the current version will be a lot harder to find.

Apparently, Senri is a DBZ character

And Selunelia can use Rei Gun (It seems members of a church use this when apprehending criminals.)

Seems men can't handle having too much magical energy, and it renders them defenseless...

Booby parry. Sasuga best girl.