Reputation score
Re: Castlevania - Corruption's Embrace

Winning choice: A.

Julia's Status:
Health 9/10
Attack: 9
Defense: 5
Critical hit chance: 30%

Julia decides that the kidnapper has too much of a lead on her. Her intent was obviously not to kill the babe outright, so Julia had time to track down the shadowy fiend and stop her nefarious plot. Right now, there were others in danger, villagers whom she had befriended that needed her right now.

Gritting with determination and rising ire, Julia unfurls the the whip, letting it uncoil at her feet. Her gloved hand gripped the rawhide tightly. Her lean yet muscular body tensing as she eyed her front door.

THUD!

THUD!

TH- CRAAAAACK!!

The door splinters, and Julia whirls the whip around her in a blurring motion. As the first undead face shows itself through the door, the metal barb on the end of the whip, blessed by holy prayers of Belmonts past, slashes through the skull and unbinds the dark spells that animate the beast. With a hiss, the head of the shambler splits in half and the creature falls.

JULIA: Terrible night for it, eh boys?

Following up her strike, Julia vaults herself forward, hurtling over the fallen shambler's body and landing a leather boot squarely in the torso of another walking corpse, sending the brute flying backwards. The Belmont blood in Julia courses with power as she whirls her whip about her, sending four more fiends about to surround her back to hell.

Breathing heavily, her brow sweating in the heat of the burning night, Julia looks up at the rest of her foes. Roughly twenty shamblers who have been tearing at the doors of burning buildings, or giving chase to frightened, terrified peasants stop what they are doing to focus on the commotion Julia has just caused.

Their evil, sunken eyes filled with hate for life focus on this oddity before them. This woman did not run. This one fought. Behind the crowd of shamblers, a large, muscled, rotting corpse in a tattered cloak and cowl pointed at Julia and let loose a great roar.

The shamblers rush towards her...

*Thwack* *Thwack* *Thwack*

Julia: Hah! Hyah! Euyahh!!

In a matter of moments, the first five shamblers are sent down in a heap, their now still bodies burning with violet hued fires as the dark energies are released.

Some villagers who had been cowering in fear now raise their heads to watch this new savior fight.

The shamblers redouble their efforts, continuing to strike out at her. More of them go down, but now their claws are coming at her from every angle. Her whip sings, but one shambler manages to get a claw on her shoulder, its undead grip crushing and bruising her. Julia takes 1 point of damage!

JULIA: Earrghh! Back to the pit with you!

Shaking free, Julia sidekicks the offending shambler and then whips its rotting head from its body mid-air as it sails backward. Already half the shamblers are down.

A man's voice calls out.

MAN: We must help her! Fight them back!

Taking out a large dagger, the man rushes out and begins to stab one of the shamblers profusely. Without Belmont blood or blessings to guide his strikes, the dagger simply plunges into the undead flesh without breaking the animating curse, but this man's physicality and zeal help him, as he changes tactics. Placing the blade to the shambler's throat, he twists and slits in opposite directions, severing the shambler's head in a gorey mess. The shambler falls. But the man has no time to savor his victory as another undead walker grapples him from behind.

MAN: D-damn! Urgh!

Caught in the shambler's grip, the man is unable to swing his dagger.

WOMAN: Christof! Hold on!

A peasant woman, who Julia recognizes as the village assistant herbalist, Tabitha, gathers her courage and runs towards the man to help him. But she does so without realizing that she's running across the path of two more shamblers.

Behind all of this, the creature in the tattered robes raises his staff, which begins to glow with an eerie yellow light.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Decision Time!

A) Save Christof. He did try to help you out, and it looks like he's getting crushed by that shambler.

B) Save Tabitha, unlike Christof, she's not very strong, if either of those shamblers gets a hold of her, she won't last long at all.

C) Leap over the remaining wall of shamblers and attempt to interrupt the Necromancer's spell.

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Excellent soundtrack choice ;D
Anyway, hrm... let's go with B.

Last edited:

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

B, must save the peasants. Girlpeasant might do something to save manpeasant, and we aren't afraid of no bitch ass necromancer. (Famous last words etc)

Atmo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

C, jump and stop that spell. Something bad would happen, you know?

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Very tough call, gonna go with B myself. It seems practical

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

B, must save the peasants. Girlpeasant might do something to save manpeasant, and we aren't afraid of no bitch ass necromancer. (Famous last words etc)
I agree with this. But I haven't got any worries, I think we'll be fine. :cool:

Cevrik777

Sex Demon
Reputation score

B

Always the noble route! Hopefully that spell takes a a bit to charge!

Dracador

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Casters must DIE!

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Winning Choice: B

Julia's Status:
Health 9/10
Main Weapon: Whip (Deals 2 Damage per strike)
Sub Weapon: None
Armor: Basic Clothes (No damage reduction)

JULIA: Tabitha! Duck!

The peasant girl responds to Julia's warning, tucking and rolling awkwardly just in time to avoid being caught in a charging shambler's rotting arms. Julia's whip cracks twice, and the two creatures near her fall down in pieces eldritch spellfire.

Christof roars with exertion as he spends every ounce of strength he has to push back against the shambler's death grip. With an inspired move, Christof shifts his weight, and thrusts his hips backward and to the side, while lowering his shoulder. The undead creature is not quick-witted enough to deal with this tactic, and so falls prey to the hip toss, landing on its back. With gravity and inertia now on his side, Christof falls upon the creature with his dagger, and stabs at the thing's neck until he separates it sufficiently from the body to release the spell.

With the two peasants both all right for the moment, Julia turns her attention back to the necromancer. Running forward, Julia manages to down the rest of the shamblers just before the necromancer's spell is completed.

It turns out to be a summoning spell. Arising from the dirt next to the necromancer's feet, a large skeleton, too large to have been a mere human, gets to its feet and roars.

CHRISTOF: Let me help you, Julia. We can take it on together!

The bold man's voice calls out. Julia thinks upon what she knows of him. Just who is this Christof anyway?

A) Woodcutter, extra attack bonus when equipped with an axe.
B) Leatherworker, can upgrade leather armor
C) Mysterious Drifter, unknown benefit.

And will she let him help her face this giant skeleton and its necromantic summoner?

1) Okay Christof, you take the necromancer, I'll fight the skeleton!
2) Okay Christof, you take the skeleton, I'll fight the necromancer!
3) Let's take the Skeleton down first!
4) Let's take the necromancer down first!
5) No Christof! It's too dangerous for you! Leave them to me!

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

He doesn't have an axe yet, so screw him and the moral path, let's go and up her defense.

Tough call on how to go, wanna take out the one that would fall quicker first so there's only one target and taking out either could be tough, but taking too long on the skeleton could prove disastrous is spells are still being created.

B4

Cevrik777

Sex Demon
Reputation score

C4

I'll take a gamble and hope he has a special trick up his sleeve. Also, we need to take down the Necromancer first; if he can summon more minions in then it will be better to fight him when we have to deal with only one skeleton.

Atmo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

C and 4.

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

B4

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

C5 - I get the impression he is the towns drunk

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Winning choice: C4

Julia's Status:
Health 6/10
Main Weapon: Whip (Deals 2 Damage per strike)
Sub Weapon: None
Armor: Basic Clothes, top is ripped (No damage reduction)

-------------------

The two combatants rush at the necromancer, hoping to finish him off before he can cast another spell, but the master of the shamblers is far more competent than his lesser minions. Julia's whip is blocked by the creature's staff, wrapping around its end while a wild swing from the necromancer's grey skinned hand forces Christof back. The creature then pulls Julia off balance and towards it, ripping at her body with sharp, unyielding fingers.

JULIA: Unnhf!

Julia's shoulder is bruised and one of the straps of her top is ripped asunder by the necromancer. To make matters worse, she pulls away into the waiting grip of the skeleton, which grapples her in its bony grasp.

JULIA: Eyah! Unhand me! No!

(Julia takes a total of 3 damage!)

Julia fights against panic. She needs to get free of this skeleton's grip! Though it held each of her arms out to the side, she still had her legs free, and pushing with all her might up from the ground, she was able to twist and deliver a solid blow to the skeleton's jaw with a flip kick. She landed on her feet and dodged the skeleton's counter blow just in time. Turning her head, she saw that the necromancer had knocked Christof backwards, striking him in the torso.

Returning back to her original plan to take care of the necromancer first, Julia delivers a punishing strike across his body, resulting in a roar of undead anguish. Spellfire erupts from the rent across its chest, but it looks as though it just has strength enough to carry on and aim a smash at Christof's head. The young drifter manages to dive out of the way of the staff strike, only to wind up in the path of the giant skeleton in the same way that Julia had not moments ago!

CHRISTOF: Oh no! **THWACK** Unnh....

A crushing haymaker from the skeleton sends Christof flying against the wall of a burning house looking dangerously close to crumbling. The young man does not look in a good way, he's almost finished.

The giant skeleton approaches him, while the necromancer grins and holds his staff above his head, beginning to chant. It glows again, but this time with a dimmer light, as if the spell behind it does not hold as much power as before. Still, it is likely summoning more shamblers to put the fight further in its favor.

Looking back at the skeleton, it is about to hunch down and reach out for Christof to finish him. The building above it is on fire and looking ready to give way.

~~~~~~~~~
DECISION TIME

A) The necromancer is almost finished, one more strike can end him... attack him and ignore Christof.
B) Christof will die if I don't help him, attack the skeleton directly and draw its ire.
C) With a skill shot, I could use my whip to grab hold of that roof and bring it down on top of the skeleton. I risk missing entirely, but I'm reasonably confident in succeeding. I risk burying Christof under the debris as well however.

Last edited:

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Could be awesome or really lame. C

neegak

Lurker
Reputation score

I agree. C