What's new

RPG [ Chaos Gate ] サキュバスネスト / Succubus Nests (RE103523, RJ103523)

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score
Re: Succubus Nests

Afraid that I have next to zero programming or code experience, so there's not really anything I can help with in that regard.

For translation though, which translators have you been using? You said five right? So far I've used google, bing, and freetranslation.com myself. Never really tried anything like this before.

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Just got back from an interesting talk on acoustic cell manipulation.

I have my translation aggregator set up with ATLAS, Free Translation, Honyaku, and Bing (which only works about 5% of the time).
I usually have Bing and Google Translate open in a browser separate.

I'm mainly uploading the code for back up/repository purposes. The exe though you put in the game folder along side the main exe. The battle/explore mode won't work yet but you can explore translating elements in the rest of the game.

Did want to mention as well that I'm not out of ideas yet. Reverting to the older version of DxLib that it was originally made with got me this additional progress. Now I just have to figure out how to compile the older boost libraries and compile it with those. Crossing my fingers that that works.

Edit: Got tired of fussing with the code. Decided to start translating the Alicia bad end.
A snippet: Miasma filled the sky blocking the sun and turning the land into an unearthly pink. The screams of elves trying to escape echoed throughout the woods.
Not quite even halfway through and I've inserted no end line markers. Though the text box is currently set at 100 characters/line on my modified unworking game for as much as that is worth.
Edit2: Finished it, I think that may have been the longest event scene in the list. Side note, when am I allowed to post links?

Last edited:

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

15 posts, or conversely you could just omit the "http://www." part and let people magically copy and paste it into their web browser.

valutok

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Someone knows how unlock all the gallery and cg :confused: please

Tolp

Reputation score

Someone knows how unlock all the gallery and cg :confused: please

kwt.web2.jp/succubus_nests.php , the link at the sentence under the spoilers section where you have to highlight to see it has the clear data for CG/scenes. Pretty sure it's 100%.

Just checking kwt.web2.jp/succubus_nests_userdata.php is the information of modding/making custom scenarios right?

cmacleod42

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

The character limits and font sizes and anything else in the code I can work with.
Did just find a pretty large issue though. I can get to the map and character select. But I had not yet actually run a dungeon. Crashes when I try. :(
So I either messed something up or my exe is still not compiling right.
Time to test on the original code and see which of those cases it is.

Edit: Well it's not my modifications that is the issue (code or userdata). The issue yet remains in the compilation of the exe it would seem. Well shit.
Edit2: Uploaded the exe and code to the drive if you wanted to look over it.
If you get nowhere on sorting out the crash you can share the code link with me. I am a C++ developer so I can likely debug the crash issue. Then again as you have sorted out one such issue so far it seems likely you can resolve this one too.

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

If you get nowhere on sorting out the crash you can share the code link with me. I am a C++ developer so I can likely debug the crash issue. Then again as you have sorted out one such issue so far it seems likely you can resolve this one too.
You may be able to help. I'm trying to compile the binary libraries of boost 1.45.0 but the standard method (going into the folder via command prompt and running bootstrap.bat) isn't working as I get the following:
Building Boost.Jam build engine
'cl' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
etc.

I've tried googling this issue and there are solutions which I've tried to no avail. (stackoverflow.com/questions/5299468/unable-to-build-boost-libraries-with-gcc) I've trying downloading MinGW and compiling it with bootstrap.bat gcc, nothing. I've tried building a bjam.exe and running that but it just errors with the same 'cl' not recognized. Strange thing is when I compile the more recent boost 1.57.0 is works just fine.

I barely do legitimate coding anymore (not since I took classes on it) and when I did it was mainly Java so I'm mainly just blindly wondering around trying to force it to work. Which admittedly has worked so far. Not very used to setting up these damn libraries.

Edit: Finally got the command prompt to work. Compiling the libraries now, hopefully this will work.

Last edited:

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You know, one day there's ToxicShock mentioning how the Hentai games section of this forum is, by and large, a joke, and the next there's serious discussion of C++ compilation issues.

One thing I would mention is that I believe that the original game was built with MSVC++ (Probably the 2010 Express edition), and not GCC/MINGW. In any case, the 1MB difference in executable size you noticed previously will probably be due to this (MSVC tends to produce smaller binaries than GCC). It's also possible that the difference in compiler is causing the crashes (portability of C++ code can be a joke sometimes).

And people wonder why I stick to Python...

cmacleod42

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Without checking the code and how it's projects are structured I can only at the moment agree with the last poster, you will compile smaller code using Visual Studio than GCC/MingGW unless the code is designed that way. The Express editions of Visual Studio are free as long as you register them.

I would not of thought though that crashes would be caused by a compiler difference, they are more likely bugs or caused by language issues say incorrect character encoding of files and/or code.

But this all depends on the source code and its organisation and build environment.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

You may be able to help. I'm trying to compile the binary libraries of boost 1.45.0 but the standard method (going into the folder via command prompt and running bootstrap.bat) isn't working as I get the following:
Building Boost.Jam build engine
'cl' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
etc.

I've tried googling this issue and there are solutions which I've tried to no avail. (stackoverflow.com/questions/5299468/unable-to-build-boost-libraries-with-gcc) I've trying downloading MinGW and compiling it with bootstrap.bat gcc, nothing. I've tried building a bjam.exe and running that but it just errors with the same 'cl' not recognized. Strange thing is when I compile the more recent boost 1.57.0 is works just fine.

I barely do legitimate coding anymore (not since I took classes on it) and when I did it was mainly Java so I'm mainly just blindly wondering around trying to force it to work. Which admittedly has worked so far. Not very used to setting up these damn libraries.

Edit: Finally got the command prompt to work. Compiling the libraries now, hopefully this will work.
Typically this means one of two things:

1) You made a typo somewhere
2) You're missing a library which contains the command, and in this case, the command is 'cl'

It's been over a decade since I've coded anything in C++, but check to make sure all your #include libraries are there.

I'm assuming your version of C++ differs from the creators of Succubus Nests in that they have libraries which you do not, which is likely why it's causing this particular compiler error. They could also have made custom libraries for this game, which is not at all unusual considering what we're dealing with.

Last edited:

valutok

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

kwt.web2.jp/succubus_nests.php , the link at the sentence under the spoilers section where you have to highlight to see it has the clear data for CG/scenes. Pretty sure it's 100%.

Just checking kwt.web2.jp/succubus_nests_userdata.php is the information of modding/making custom scenarios right?
I can't find it.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I would not of thought though that crashes would be caused by a compiler difference, they are more likely bugs or caused by language issues say incorrect character encoding of files and/or code.

But this all depends on the source code and its organisation and build environment.
I'm specifically thinking that the DXLib (3rd party binary library) distributed with Succubus Nests is compiled under MSVC and may not be call compatible with MingW. Hence when certain data is loaded, it crashes. Reference: . If this is the case, using the GCC version from would fix it, although this may have already been tried.

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I may have forgot to mention a couple things.
The executable that has functioned the best is roughly same size as the original (a couple kb off).
I'm doing the work all in Visual Studio 12.0. The most recent issue with the 'cl' problem was in trying to build the libraries for boost 1.45.0 which the game requires. I'm not familiar with building libraries so I was using the shotgun approach. Try everything! I was able to fix that issue by running a file in the VS12 I think that made it actually compile with VS12 and not whatever it was trying. So that seemed to work. Just got back from work now so I haven't had a chance to compile the game with this new development.
I'm pretty sure DxLib has the libraries already compiled in the correct format. Reverting to the version the game was made with allowed me to get to the map and character select screen.
I'm hoping doing the same with boost will allow the battle mode to work.

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I don't like making consecutive separate posts but I feel this is deserving of special notice.

It works.
Battle mode. Works.
Animation test mode. Works.
Everything previous (map, character select, scene viewer). Works.

I was going to post a picture but ... plans were thwarted.

Only had to revert visual studio back to 2010 version and find an independent download of all the boost libraries for 1.45. This of course involved deleting VS9, 12, and 13 from my computer. Recopying the project files as they were now set for version 12 or 13. I feel I should make a guide for all this. Though for those who want to try it before I write one out, make sure everything is identical to the original setting, DxLib 3.09, boost 1.45.0, and VS2010.

One last thing before I forget:
mega.co.nz/#!T85UEJwB!FDaHiA8gcx3dBv2UglIC7mcc_r5KcASyLqC3zh2fYbI (new exe in current form, not yet complete to my satisfaction)
mega.co.nz/#!qxxn2ZYS!GpwF38Qo5fv79tP9fDjeLztloHyM_pAc-JLF4iTdln8 (updated userdata)

Last edited:

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ah, sorry about the GCC/MSVC misunderstanding. But congrats - you've succeeded where I.. gave up. Hopefully this means an English version of Succubus Nests at some unspecified point in the future.

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Hmm, slight update:
-Finished translating all the text in the code files. Now for the events, areas, and speech. And reviewing earlier translations to make them better.
-Still need to find where the character limit for area names is at. I swear I've looked through every game file and nothing. Its a freaking where's waldo hunt.

New exe: mega.co.nz/#!r4IySDgI!mW-RcML5Dmrsj5VmDgEDkpeGJ0DivlGQhbxrah15DhQ
Non-modified userdata: mega.co.nz/#!mk4EGAIC!RmgFH_TVtLGNHEoPocyPy-z168FER33lktDJt40FwVA

Some points I forgot earlier:
-You're going to need to start a new game. My old English save (from before the fully working exe was built) crashed when I tried to load it but a new game worked just fine.
-My previous userdata upload had some values modified that I use for my personal tastes (max corruption 1500->10000, starting barrier strength 100->500, starting villagers 37->200) the link above is to userdata with the default values.

darkerangel02

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm trying to use your .exe with V2.09, but I can't get it to work after replacing both the exe and english sample

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Hmm, starting a new game right?
The exe is in the folder with the data.pak right?
Did you upgrade to 2.091? Patch should be not too far back.
Those are my immediate thoughts.
Let me know if any of those work. If not, we'll have to do some more troubleshooting.

darkerangel02

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

exe is with data.pak. The problem is that SuccubusNestsEnglish automatically closes when I try to open it.

The latest I saw is 2.90. I did not see a 2.091.