What's new

ACT Ryona [Chaos Gate] Succubus Heaven (RJ284978)

dijitz

Sex Demon
Reputation score
On the DLSite page it still says "Scheduled Release date: Late March 2022"

3300 Yen's a pretty high asking price but the demo's pretty good. Just worried there isn't enough content to justify the price
I think they may add in a wave mode seeing as how you can select some perks and curses. Would be cool if it was like some rouge lite thing, as that could add some replayability.

kwt127

Lurker
Reputation score
Just a quick announcement.
I once said here that the March release was tentative and might be earlier, but after a meeting with the translation company, it looks like the release will be in March as planned.
In addition to the translation work, quality checks, etc., seem to inevitably take a month. This story is also being decided at this point, so it may change again.

Any news about this game? I thought, we'll get a monthly update about that game on that kwt website. But the last post was from 01. December.
I'm moving to a new website, so the old one is no longer being updated. It's going to be complicated for a while as it takes time to port past articles and so on.
I should also add that I'm so busy right now that I'm only writing my progress on Ci-en.

On the DLSite page it still says "Scheduled Release date: Late March 2022"

3300 Yen's a pretty high asking price but the demo's pretty good. Just worried there isn't enough content to justify the price
From the standpoint of a developer and user, I also think it is relatively expensive. On the other hand, as a seller, I judge that this is the most efficient price for a domestic platform.
To be honest, I'm having a hard time deciding, so this price may come down a bit.

One good news is that at launch, the game will be offered at 30% off. Therefore, I think the game will actually cost around 2,000 yen.

I think they may add in a wave mode seeing as how you can select some perks and curses. Would be cool if it was like some rouge lite thing, as that could add some replayability.
Yes, it's a roguelite game. But the story alone limits the opportunities to play, so i're considering additional modes after the release.

johntrine

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Just a quick announcement.
I once said here that the March release was tentative and might be earlier, but after a meeting with the translation company, it looks like the release will be in March as planned.
In addition to the translation work, quality checks, etc., seem to inevitably take a month. This story is also being decided at this point, so it may change again.
good to take a while and make sure the first release is as good as possible since you olnly get 1 chance to do first impression and that matters a lot for indie game devs.
I'm moving to a new website, so the old one is no longer being updated. It's going to be complicated for a while as it takes time to port past articles and so on.
I should also add that I'm so busy right now that I'm only writing my progress on Ci-en.
yeah, the 1st post of this thread has the links related to the game so if you do move the blog, msg a mod to update it so people can easily find the blog. i usually check ci-en out so i know about the updates there, but most people here go by the word of mouth at times.
From the standpoint of a developer and user, I also think it is relatively expensive. On the other hand, as a seller, I judge that this is the most efficient price for a domestic platform.
i mean, yeah. it is understandable since most people here live in places where the cost of living and income earned is lower than japan so the price is high. the best they can do is wait for a sale or hope for a steam release since the games there tends to be regionally priced by steam by default to a sensable level. cant blame a dev since they have to earn a living and this is a job. i would just suggest not adding drm that makes game harder to play for people who buy. i know that 'piracy is bad' but some people do it cause they might not have a choice and do plan on buying later and drms only hurt players since and devs since if the game is popular, it will be cracked and if not then the drm probably cost more.
To be honest, I'm having a hard time deciding, so this price may come down a bit.
One good news is that at launch, the game will be offered at 30% off. Therefore, I think the game will actually cost around 2,000 yen.
i dont know the economics that would go into this so i cant comment more then, make sure you still make profit. :)
Yes, it's a roguelite game. But the story alone limits the opportunities to play, so i're considering additional modes after the release.
yeah, i think he was talking about post release content with extra mode like endless dungeon or endless enemy fights in a room with the ability to buy perk and curses. honestly in these situations i suggest making games moddable, but... well.... idk how moddable the game is.
i mean do you remember the mission mermaiden hasumi (<---- link to thread in name) game?
did you know it had a mod? (<--- link to thread of mod) it made the game harder and even the dev liked it.
might be a good idea for future games if not for this one.
all in all, take your time. we waited this long, we can wait a bit till the final polish is done. aim for a stable and good first release since first impression is last impression and since it has been a while since you release a game, you'll be having new customers since the game is good.

kwt127

Lurker
Reputation score
good to take a while and make sure the first release is as good as possible since you olnly get 1 chance to do first impression and that matters a lot for indie game devs.
That's true. I would love to add more content if I had the time and funds. As for translation, it's not in my hands, so there's nothing I can do about it.

yeah, the 1st post of this thread has the links related to the game so if you do move the blog, msg a mod to update it so people can easily find the blog. i usually check ci-en out so i know about the updates there, but most people here go by the word of mouth at times.
I understand. However, the website is still in the process of being moved, so it should stay as it is. I'll probably do the complete move slowly after the release.

i mean, yeah. it is understandable since most people here live in places where the cost of living and income earned is lower than japan so the price is high. the best they can do is wait for a sale or hope for a steam release since the games there tends to be regionally priced by steam by default to a sensable level. cant blame a dev since they have to earn a living and this is a job. i would just suggest not adding drm that makes game harder to play for people who buy. i know that 'piracy is bad' but some people do it cause they might not have a choice and do plan on buying later and drms only hurt players since and devs since if the game is popular, it will be cracked and if not then the drm probably cost more.
Among adult doujin games for Japan, or rather for the domestic market, 3D games tend to be a little more expensive. On the contrary, non-3D doujin games are too cheap, and now they are getting more expensive little by little. (This is a long story, so I won't go into it here.)

The existing DRM is not costly. However, it will only be effective in the short term. However, I would not implement it in my product because it would create a rare situation where legitimate users would not be able to play, like the authentication I mentioned earlier.

i dont know the economics that would go into this so i cant comment more then, make sure you still make profit. :)

yeah, i think he was talking about post release content with extra mode like endless dungeon or endless enemy fights in a room with the ability to buy perk and curses. honestly in these situations i suggest making games moddable, but... well.... idk how moddable the game is.

i mean do you remember the mission mermaiden hasumi (<---- link to thread in name) game?

did you know it had a mod? (<--- link to thread of mod) it made the game harder and even the dev liked it.

might be a good idea for future games if not for this one.

all in all, take your time. we waited this long, we can wait a bit till the final polish is done. aim for a stable and good first release since first impression is last impression and since it has been a while since you release a game, you'll be having new customers since the game is good.
The benefit (blessing/curse) system is a replacement for the user data (mod) in the previous game, but it is also a system that is integrated into the game. (For more details, please check the product)
I may add more features like the last one, but it may be at the time of Steam release or something.

Yes, I know a lot about Mission Mermaiden Hasumi. I just didn't know that there were mods. I'll take a closer look when I get some time.

johntrine

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
I understand. However, the website is still in the process of being moved, so it should stay as it is. I'll probably do the complete move slowly after the release.
yeah, you can tell to mods to update the link here once the website is done.
Among adult doujin games for Japan, or rather for the domestic market, 3D games tend to be a little more expensive. On the contrary, non-3D doujin games are too cheap, and now they are getting more expensive little by little. (This is a long story, so I won't go into it here.)
huh. that is actually interesting to know. i knew that 3d games were more expensive than non 3d ones. but i didnt knew non 3d ones where considered too cheap.
The existing DRM is not costly. However, it will only be effective in the short term. However, I would not implement it in my product because it would create a rare situation where legitimate users would not be able to play, like the authentication I mentioned earlier.
glad to know that.
The benefit (blessing/curse) system is a replacement for the user data (mod) in the previous game, but it is also a system that is integrated into the game
wait, the last game had mods?
I may add more features like the last one, but it may be at the time of Steam release or something.
looking forward to the steam release.
Yes, I know a lot about Mission Mermaiden Hasumi. I just didn't know that there were mods. I'll take a closer look when I get some time.
i heard the mod is good and makes the game harder. apparently technobrake is also adding modding support for his newer game nymphomanic priestess. so far it allows for custom color for armor.

kwt127

Lurker
Reputation score
huh. that is actually interesting to know. i knew that 3d games were more expensive than non 3d ones. but i didnt knew non 3d ones where considered too cheap.
I would like to add that not "all games" are the same.
If anything, some of the more popular ones probably didn't have a good balance between development costs and sales. It's good to see that this is improving, as it's not good for the health of developers in the long run.

wait, the last game had mods?
Yes, there was. The intricate parts were not common because of the complicated cross-referencing of data, but there was a manual.

i heard the mod is good and makes the game harder. apparently technobrake is also adding modding support for his newer game nymphomanic priestess. so far it allows for custom color for armor.
Yes, I know about developper technobrake.
There may be a great demand for tweaking the characters, hmmm, but Haven will be difficult to handle model replacements and such. In addition, I can't explicitly make the project public, since most of the resources are licensed to me personally.

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score
If you're planning on Steam release keep in mind that it's best to avoid any mentions of how young the characters are or costumes such as a highschool outfit. Steam really doesn't seem to like those.

johntrine

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
I would like to add that not "all games" are the same.
If anything, some of the more popular ones probably didn't have a good balance between development costs and sales. It's good to see that this is improving, as it's not good for the health of developers in the long run.
yeah, a lot of dev end up ill or burnt out i mean the dev (thread) came back recently but they were away for a year due to burnout. it's better to take a break and slow down, but japanese people seem hard working to the extreme at times... no offense. then again they do get stuff done so....
Yes, there was. The intricate parts were not common because of the complicated cross-referencing of data, but there was a manual.
i'll have to look for it. maybe the threads here or at f95zone may have some mod info if people made some.
Yes, I know about developper technobrake.
he makes great game and in general seems like a cool guy. wish he made the new game in rpg mv though since rpg vx ace is kinda dated.
There may be a great demand for tweaking the characters, hmmm, but Haven will be difficult to handle model replacements and such.
true. the best tweaking possible could be changing color of skin, hair, eyes and cloths and such. changing body size might be a bit too much, even if i would prefer the girls to be more curvy but doing so will break animations and there will be A LOT of clipping issues.
i mean you have no idea how much time i spend on skyrim fixing clipping issues of armor and not playing the damn game...
I can't explicitly make the project public, since most of the resources are licensed to me personally.
yeah...the only way to move past it is to hope someone can make a tool to mod the game or unpack and edit the files, or provide tools that allow editing some files (like colors of cloths and such) one requires luck on hoping to get attention of someone who can do that work and the other requires a hassle and lot of work for dev to make so it can be a pain.
If you're planning on Steam release keep in mind that it's best to avoid any mentions of how young the characters are or costumes such as a highschool outfit. Steam really doesn't seem to like those.
honestly it depends on who on steam side is approving the game. some follow the rule and would let it pass if you dont break the rules, other go on their "feelings" and can ban the games if they 'feel' it is wrong. it's bad at steam hq man...

kwt127

Lurker
Reputation score
Thanks for the advice.
Since the characters in this game wear school uniforms, it would be a gamble to release it as is.
So I need to make a so-called light version. This will be done after all the updates are done, so it's a long way off.

yeah, a lot of dev end up ill or burnt out i mean the dev ダメージ床の上で (thread) came back recently but they were away for a year due to burnout. it's better to take a break and slow down, but japanese people seem hard working to the extreme at times... no offense. then again they do get stuff done so....
Everyone has a different purpose for creating a game. There may not be simply one type of reason for doing so, and you may not even be able to figure it out yourself.
So it's okay to stop and take a break. You can celebrate when they come back, or when something great is released.

i'll have to look for it. maybe the threads here or at f95zone may have some mod info if people made some.
There is an uploader for official publication.

I think there was also an English translation mod available in a thread on this site.

he makes great game and in general seems like a cool guy. wish he made the new game in rpg mv though since rpg vx ace is kinda dated.
I don't know much about him, but most people will gradually migrate to the new tools. No need to worry.

true. the best tweaking possible could be changing color of skin, hair, eyes and cloths and such. changing body size might be a bit too much, even if i would prefer the girls to be more curvy but doing so will break animations and there will be A LOT of clipping issues.
I know there is a demand for it, but I'm not that interested in customizing it myself. I probably won't be working in that direction in the future.

axmed4555

Reputation score
So I need to make a so-called light version. This will be done after all the updates are done, so it's a long way off.
Just give them different costumes, anything that is not "school'ish"

Also yeah, some sort of parasitism/pregnancy would be blessing to add <_<

Captainstarfish

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Just where are people getting this idea that 'shool'ish' costumes are not allowed exactly? A number of adult games on Steam at the moment have schoolgirl costumes in them, and they're fine. If Japanese school girls of indeterminate teenage age were an issue, half of the adult VN's on Steam as well as games like koikatsu party and others wouldn't be allowed on the platform. Is there an example of a single game that was banned from steam for the existence of a schoolgirl uniform?

Thanks for the advice.
Since the characters in this game wear school uniforms, it would be a gamble to release it as is.
I don't think the school uniforms will be a problem, as existing adult games on Steam feature characters in school uniforms. As long as the characters don't look like obvious children (which yours do not) Steam is not going to go "That person doesn't look 18, they look 17!"
The best thing to do is to not explicitly mention age for characters under 18, put the usual 'All characters are over 18+' message, and don't outright state things like "Yeah this character is made to be a sexbot modelled after a 12 year old girl" (unlike the only game I know of on steam that got done for underage characters).

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Steam isn't consistent in what they allow and makes shit up as they go, that's the problem.

kwt127

Lurker
Reputation score

Also yeah, some sort of parasitism/pregnancy would be blessing to add <_<
I won't be changing costumes to get around Steam's review process. However, I do appreciate your input.
I've already created a pregnancy, but not a parasite.

I don't think the school uniforms will be a problem, as existing adult games on Steam feature characters in school uniforms. As long as the characters don't look like obvious children (which yours do not) Steam is not going to go "That person doesn't look 18, they look 17!"

The best thing to do is to not explicitly mention age for characters under 18, put the usual 'All characters are over 18+' message, and don't outright state things like "Yeah this character is made to be a sexbot modelled after a 12 year old girl" (unlike the only game I know of on steam that got done for underage characters).
As far as I know, it has never been explicitly stated that school uniforms were the cause. They never say what caused it to be ejected.

As I have mentioned several times, some of works have passed the judging process, but others have not.
And some publishers I know are now playing it safe with light versions and patches. This is because the review process is subjective to the person doing the review. This work is risky enough, so safeguards are necessary.

If you can give it a chance to be reviewed and revised a few times, you can try. However, rejected works will not be accepted for review again, even if they are made for all ages or if the title is changed.
Therefore, it is not a good idea to simply say, "Everyone has done it, so it must be okay." In some cases, it may cause a big opportunity loss to the developer.

Mashi

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Thanks for the advice.
Just as a heads up, Steam is almost impossible these days. It got worse after Steam bought up several indie studios and they were integrated into the company itself. The amount of dancing to get anything done is almost silly, and it has a lot to do with the huge numbers of millennial puritans that are in the gaming industry these days, especially since gaming has gone mainstream. Off the top of my head, I can think of two games that had to have characters reworked one because "too much cleavage."

If people don't think so, just look at how bad it's gotten where discussions on the Sam & Max Remaster were closed, with people being banned because the game was being censored. Or the trash that went on with the developers of Huniepop, or games being pulled even after being approved. Sadly I don't think GabeN is paying attention as much as he used to. That's despite his strong anti-censorship beliefs.

You can check the curator group on some of it.

axmed4555

Reputation score
гифки-Jim-Carrey-Джим-Керри-oh-come-on-734298.gif
No pregnancy/child-birth and rape or small creature (worms, facehuggers etc) parasitism mechanics???
Hounds of the Meteor creator - Inui - had it
Some old Ankoku Marimokan games had it
I'm not blaming or anything, just "sadge", because i had so much hype about it
But now it's completely ruined because of lack of such mechanics .-.

Last edited:

Kain

Reputation score
Last Ci EN post stated release date as 20 march and added info about coupons

hhh7773

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
View attachment 43007
No pregnancy/child-birth and rape or small creature (worms, facehuggers etc) parasitism mechanics???
Hounds of the Meteor creator - Inui - had it
Some old Ankoku Marimokan games had it
I'm not blaming or anything, just "sadge", because i had so much hype about it
But now it's completely ruined because of lack of such mechanics .-.
Just because one game has something doesn't mean every game that vaguely interests you will have the same content, good thing to remember for the future, especially when it comes to hyping oneself up over something that was not ever really announced to begin with. Definitely would make for nice additions of course, but the game has plenty going for it as it is.