What's new

ACT Ryona [Chaos Gate] Succubus Heaven (RJ284978)

PaNiq

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Everything works way better than the other trial, haven't found a single bug and the translation is great.

There's no new content afaik, for those wondering

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I'm not sure it is the Unity FPS to Gameplay speed bug. But I am getting some terrible FPS near the pillars when it is emitting the energy animations.

On the other hand, the sensitivity feels too high in fights, that I cannot properly aim. Maybe I just need more practice. :p

Some general comments and suggestions:

1) I would like to be able to combine bottles of 1 use into a bottle of 2 uses (or more)

2) Can you add a "bank" chest for storage? I find myself wanting to hold to many things 😂 (full version only is fine, too)

Last edited:

Games Dude

Lurker
Reputation score
There's no new content afaik, for those wondering
Compared to the paid supporter demos, sure, but as someone who's been stuck with a very old free demo that only had the bugs and ghouls as enemies this is a massive upgrade.

Actual notes: the translation is much better than I expected. Everything is clear and easy to understand, gameplay flows smoothly, handles well. Framerate does seem a bit high, but it's nothing I can't manage. Kinda wish when you hit the end of the demo you could reset your progress without losing your unlocks or starting an entirely new file (sort of like starting a new "run" since it's a roguelike) but for now this is fine. Overall very, very nice. Demo feels very polished overall, and I gotta admit I'm a sucker for the souls-y feel of the gameplay - even the lock-on in combat, got a chuckle out of me when I learned about that.

Thank you kwt for your lovely work, this is an instant favourite and when I have the money I'm definitely picking it up.

monomulti

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Is it just me or is the DLSite trial missing framerate limiters and reduced resource usage when paused/in background? The game ramps up my GPU usage by a lot compared to many more graphically intensive games. And turning down the quality doesn't change it at all. Leaving it paused and in the background also continues to use CPU/GPU at the same rate when the game shouldn't be doing anything.

kwt127

Lurker
Reputation score
The Dlsite trial is giving me crazy high framerates.
The frame rate itself depends on the monitor refresh rate. However, no matter how high the frame rate is, the game speed will not change.
The default mouse sensitivity may be a little too high. If you find it difficult to use, please change it from the options.

I'm not sure it is the Unity FPS to Gameplay speed bug. But I am getting some terrible FPS near the pillars when it is emitting the energy animations.
There may still be glitches like shader and texture loading. If I can improve it, I'll work on it.

On the other hand, the sensitivity feels too high in fights, that I cannot properly aim. Maybe I just need more practice. :p
If you are using a mouse + keyboard, you may want to review your mouse sensitivity in option. It depends on your hardware, but it might be too high for my environment and preference.
Also, this game has a lock-on feature, which makes it easier to attack if you fight using it.

Some general comments and suggestions:

1) I would like to be able to combine bottles of 1 use into a bottle of 2 uses (or more)

2) Can you add a "bank" chest for storage? I find myself wanting to hold to many things 😂 (full version only is fine, too)
If we think about it realistically, it could be done, but we can't draw any easy conclusions because it involves game balance.
We may make a feature that allows you to store items across game rounds and locations, but this will also be limited to the extent that it doesn't break the balance.

Framerate does seem a bit high, but it's nothing I can't manage.
As for the frame rate, as I mentioned above, I would appreciate it if you could show me a video of a "high frame rate" situation. I don't know much about this phenomenon because I can't confirm it on my end.

Kinda wish when you hit the end of the demo you could reset your progress without losing your unlocks or starting an entirely new file (sort of like starting a new "run" since it's a roguelike)
At the end of the trial version, it would certainly be nice to have the ability to go around the game at will.
However, since the trial version serves no more than a confirmation of operation, this feature may not be so necessary after the product is released.

Is it just me or is the DLSite trial missing framerate limiters and reduced resource usage when paused/in background? The game ramps up my GPU usage by a lot compared to many more graphically intensive games. And turning down the quality doesn't change it at all. Leaving it paused and in the background also continues to use CPU/GPU at the same rate when the game shouldn't be doing anything.
The window should be inactive and the game should not stop running. If you cannot get enough FPS, reducing the window size is the most effective solution.

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Oh okay, I was wrong. The combination of really high mouse sensitivity + default character's movement speed made it seem like the game is running too fast. Reducing the sensitivity and seeing how fast other characters are shows that it's fine, no problem.

johntrine

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
ph wait what? the demo is out!!! holy shit!
@kwt127 is there any tests you want me to do with the game? i can run the game with discreet gpu with 16 gb ram for mid tier test and integrated gpu and 8 gb ram for a low end pc test.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score
If we think about it realistically, it could be done, but we can't draw any easy conclusions because it involves game balance.
We may make a feature that allows you to store items across game rounds and locations, but this will also be limited to the extent that it doesn't break the balance.
I don't mind it not being in the game.

I just think it would make something like "endless mode" more fun :)

(If endless mode is in the plans at all)

SpectreHD

Reputation score
Hello. Thank you for your question.
There is no ability to customize hairstyle, body shape, or clothing in this game. I am not familiar with 3D modeling, so I probably won't add it in the future.
Any chance of improving the character models in the future? Just asking because the game has been in development for a while now and the girls just look a bit out of date.

Ghotty

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Any chance of improving the character models in the future? Just asking because the game has been in development for a while now and the girls just look a bit out of date.
its a bit late for that, frankly. its pretty impressive he got them to look as good as they do, considering its an old unity pack

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Questions:

1) Are there any carry-over effects after losing a dungeon round?

For example:
- Does the girls' sensitivity get reset?
- Does the effects of any potions carry over?

2) I cannot figure out what the "Love Potion" does other than raise arousal. It says it raises stamina, but where's the stamina bar?

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Hello. Thank you for your question.
There is no ability to customize hairstyle, body shape, or clothing in this game. I am not familiar with 3D modeling, so I probably won't add it in the future.
Thank you for answering my question. :)

monomulti

Sex Demon
Reputation score
The window should be inactive and the game should not stop running. If you cannot get enough FPS, reducing the window size is the most effective solution.
Sorry, I think there's some misunderstanding here. I'm not getting low fps, the game is very smooth for me.
The problem might be having too much fps. Is there a way to enable an fps counter? I feel like the game is running at 200+ fps with my setup. For reference, here's my cpu/gpu usage while the game is paused:
FatUsage.PNG
My CPU is a Ryzen 5 3600 and GPU is NVIDIA RTX 2060. While not the most powerful hardware, I think the game currently has a higher resource usage than it should.
I haven't run into any gameplay issues because of this high framerate. But I think resource usage can be greatly reduced if I can limit the game to 144fps. Also, this is the usage while the game is paused. I understand that the game should still run while inactive, but what is it even doing to use up all this CPU/GPU power? I've seen many games use almost no resources while paused and I think it would be great if it can be added to this game.
Sorry I don't know Japanese, so hopefully you understand what I'm saying.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Sorry, I think there's some misunderstanding here. I'm not getting low fps, the game is very smooth for me.
The problem might be having too much fps. Is there a way to enable an fps counter? I feel like the game is running at 200+ fps with my setup. For reference, here's my cpu/gpu usage while the game is paused:
View attachment 42068
My CPU is a Ryzen 5 3600 and GPU is NVIDIA RTX 2060. While not the most powerful hardware, I think the game currently has a higher resource usage than it should.
I haven't run into any gameplay issues because of this high framerate. But I think resource usage can be greatly reduced if I can limit the game to 144fps. Also, this is the usage while the game is paused. I understand that the game should still run while inactive, but what is it even doing to use up all this CPU/GPU power? I've seen many games use almost no resources while paused and I think it would be great if it can be added to this game.
The CPU usage suggests that the game plays on 1 core (looks infinite loop-like), and runs continuously on it.

kwt127

Lurker
Reputation score
ph wait what? the demo is out!!! holy shit!

@kwt127 is there any tests you want me to do with the game? i can run the game with discreet gpu with 16 gb ram for mid tier test and integrated gpu and 8 gb ram for a low end pc test.
Thanks for playing the trial version.
Thank you for your concern. I've received a lot of feedback on the system requirements in the closed test, so we don't feel it's necessary unless there's something wrong.

I don't mind it not being in the game.

I just think it would make something like "endless mode" more fun :)

(If endless mode is in the plans at all)
At the time of product release, only the story will be available. We are still considering how to add more from there, but endless is one idea.

As it turns out, it's not very realistic, so it's not in my plans.
If I had some 3D modeling skills, I might have brushed it up over time, though.

1) Are there any carry-over effects after losing a dungeon round?

For example:

- Does the girls' sensitivity get reset?

- Does the effects of any potions carry over?
No. Basically, everything is reset.
You can't see it in the trial version, but you will be able to set the benefits (curses/blessings) that you unlocked when you start a new game.

As for the other elements that will be carried over, we are hoping to add one in December.

2) I cannot figure out what the "Love Potion" does other than raise arousal. It says it raises stamina, but where's the stamina bar?
The stamina bar is displayed when the character is restrained or when the stamina is below the maximum value.
Love Potion is increasing the maximum stamina value, but since stamina is being recovered at the same time, the stamina gauge is not displayed.

Since it's hard to tell, we might remove the stamina recovery and display the stamina gauge, or make the gauge increase when the maximum stamina value is increased.

FatUsage.PNG

Oh, sorry. That was an inappropriate reply.

The game doesn't limit the FPS, so I think the refresh interval will be in accordance with the monitor refresh rate.
I also thought it would be good if the game runs comfortably, but in light of power consumption, strain on the PC, fan noise, etc., your opinion is also important.

If possible, I'll try to add "set maximum FPS" and "play/stop game in background" to the options.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score
How can you tell?
If you ever run a keylogger, or any process that is running continuously (usually 1 thread) on a computer with multiple cores, it will usually completely occupy a core until the process is killed.
Also, if you've ever played any paradox games, you get used to seeing 1 of your many cores being at 100% all the time while other cores rarely hit ~20%.
It looks that way to me.

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score
If possible, I'll try to add "set maximum FPS" and "play/stop game in background" to the options.
I don't know anything about developing with this engine, but is there a way to set up a VSync option? That limits the game's FPS to your monitor's refresh rate, which should address any issues someone would have with the FPS count being too high and using up too many resources; I had to enable it when I was playing Ori and the Blind Forest on my PC because it was otherwise making my GPU run at 100% load and spitting out something like 300+ FPS.

On a related note, I just tried booting up my old copy of the Ci-en demo to see if there's already a VSync option and it crashes at the Unity screen now (it just goes back to desktop without warning). Hopefully that doesn't mean anything foreboding for me when it comes to the full release; guess I'll try downloading the public demo and see if it works (update: I redownloaded the CI-en demo and it worked, so whatever went wrong is hopefully no longer an issue in the future).

Last edited:

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
My only gripe on the demo is, it's too short and you can't go back to repeat fights. The Exorcists are pretty good even when AI controlled, so that's a plus. Trying to make them lose 'naturally' is a tad tricky in the demo. But maybe only because I can't stop them from eventually taking out a spawner...