What's new

Chapter 2: Absolute Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Chapter 2: Absolute Power

Eliza arched an eyebrow at the Tzimisce's silence. "Suit yourself," The Lasombra said nonchalantly before shrugging and making her way back to her spot next to Genevieve. If her help was not wanted, then she would be happy to continue on her unlife without providing it.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Vezina roused herself from her own contemplation, her mind having been caught up in its own dark mood, she hadn't even noticed the shadowy new primogen approaching her until Eliza had been about to walk away.

"A moment please. My mind was elsewhere, Eliza."

The Tzimisce went as far as placing a hand upon the Lasombra's shoulder to prevent her simply walking away.

"You said you wanted a word. Very well. Let us speak over there, by the hallway to the library."

She moved there with the Lasombra and then turned about on her. "What was it that you wanted to say, primogen?"

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Eliza stops as Vezina touches her and looks over her shoulder. At first she looks surprised but then smirks.

"Ah daydreaming were we? Hmmm.. Of the warmaster perhaps?" She asked idly as she followed the Tzimisce to the hallway near the library. Once they got there, she took a brief look around before satisfying herself that they were alone.

"I do sympathize with your sad predicament. I can only imagine how... infuriating... it must be to have one's own antediluvian preyed upon by mere mortals. Such audacity from the weaklings to do such a thing really... Judging by the state of the court, my clan's support could perhaps turn the tide in your direction. ...Unfortunately though, sympathy alone has never really been a strong motivation for me. Surely you understand. You do not seem like the sympathetic type either." Eliza smiled. "Perhaps though, if you were to offer me a boon, I could be persuaded to conclude that upon extensive observation, this gargoyle is rather awful and its master is in dire need of being staked."

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

While Eliza and Genevieve depart to discuss things during the short recess, the other's continue with their conversations. Genevieve moves over to Jourdain after Eliza had nodded to her and seems to whisper something to which Jourdain shakes his no and shoves off the wall and makes his way across the room to lean beside Anabelle, muttering as he does so.

"I would have thought naming my sister as primogen would get some people to leave me alone. So are you bored yet?"

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The Tzimisce ignored the comment about the warmaster.

"Antidiluvian? Preyed upon by these mortals? No. The willworkers did not take the blood of the Eldest. I would believe no claim to the otherwise. It is more than likely that the individual whose blood spawned them is not of any great note - it is more the audacity against mine own clan that drives me to see them exterminated. In addition, I doubt they will halt their blasphemies with the Shapers. They already have turned on the Gangrel. Soon they may be targeting Toreadors, Ventrue, and yes, even your own bloodline, Eliza. I'm certain the beast's master, Abetorius, would enjoy siphoning every shadowy secret out of your blood that he could."

Vezina grinned darkly, "So before you talk to me of sympathy, Eliza, you should do something your clan does extremely well, and consider your own safety. If this cabal of blood mages is not stamped out like a weed in a garden, they will prove to be an unwanted thorn in ALL of our sides."

Drawing herself up and looking past the Lasombra in the direction of the Toreador primogen, Vezina continued on.

"Besides, you've been a primogen for all of three minutes. Isleena has the inbuilt support with the London Cainites, and convincing her brings Donegal to my side as well. You are free to make your own mind up about these Tremere. Do what you feel you must. In the meantime, I will turn the court to my way of thinking with logic, reason, and common sense."

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Hmm. Well then, perhaps I misinterpreted the deed. Still there is very little evidence to substantiate these claims. We are operating within the domain of hypotheticals."

Eliza barely managed to suppress a scowl at the thought of Isleena's support being more sought after than her own, her smile becoming rather more stiff before nodding.

"While I appreciate the advice, members of my clan have no great need of being coddled by myself. They will most certainly look after their own interests of their own accord. I wish you luck in convincing the Toreador primogen, however."

The Lasombra forced a gracious nod and made her way back to the court. You will need it. She thought to herself

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

"Aye. I've scarce followed a word. Why can't we just kill it eh?" Anabelle said shaking her head and letting a bitter smile crease her features, flashing her fangs at the ground.

"Too much concern for how they appear when sword an' stake should be foremost amongst their thoughts. A threat is a threat, yet no one sees that preferring the slight chance o' opportunity an' secrets to keeping their throats intact," the Scot finished before glancing up at Jourdain.

"Yet, at least Genevieve is pretty."

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Vezina watched the back of the withdrawing Lasombra's head as Eliza walked away.

You misinterpret much, young one. Yet that does not seem to stop you from wading into the fire. I wonder how long you will last now that Jourdain has placed that target between your shoulder blades?

The Tzimisce smiled to herself. She knew she was not dealing in the realm of hypotheticals. These mages had already shown their audacity and their ambition. They had no recourse but carve out as much power as they possibly could before reactive forces sought to cave in upon them. It was what she would do were she one of them. It was what Gyulu would have done, back when he was still in touch with his koldunic powers.

It would not be enough to destroy these Tremere. She must harness their blood magic for herself, to fight fire with fire. She would need no authority of the primogen council. If they refused to see what must be done, she would hunt this Abetorius down herself, taking aid from what clear-thinking Cainites there were among the court. She knew she could count upon Pallas, and she doubted that Annabelle would shy away from confronting the false kindred that wanted to turn her into a mindless servant. Perhaps that connection could even win Vezina the support of the warmaster.

Vezina looked across the room and frowned as she saw Jourdain talking to the Gangrel soldier. There was a connection between those two that did not sit well with the Tzimisce. Did Annabelle put any trust in the Lasombra?

She thought about approaching Isleena as well, but held back. She wanted to see how the beauty-loving Toreador would react to the gargoyle first. So instead, she remained apart from the others, waiting by herself and observing faces in the crowd until the gargoyle was presented. Come to think of it, where had Jocelyn gotten to?

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

"That's because most of them think their purpose in death is to simply gain power rather than to protect and nurture the kine. They are more concerned with themselves than with their purpose as Cainites. We are no longer humans no matter how much we pretend to be like them." Jourdain says in response to Anabelle before looking back at Genevieve and adding.

"I suppose she is pretty, if your shallow like my sister. I would rather be around someone who has other qualities besides simply being pretty, like yourself or Lysandra."

----------
Soon after the others have moved back to their positions and the conversation has slowed down a bit more. Lysandra returns accompanied by a short, blond woman with strangely sorrowful eyes that look about the room as though frightened. She has a strange blush to her appearance making her look as though she could easily pass for a human.

They are immediately followed by two of Rodger's zombie servants carrying the hideous gargoyle creature between them. A large, thick stake protrudes from the creatures chest as they set the monster down in the front of the room and immediately move back to the hallway without a sound.

---------
Jocelyn is momentarily distracted by the prominent book but decides she should concentrate on her main reason for being in the library. She quickly finds the bible she is looking for and sits down at a dusty table. She is soon joined by Aubrey as he smiles and sets an ancient looking map of the area on the table before taking a nearby seat and asking. "So what do you hope to find? Something about the box."

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Anabelle nodded slowly, then grinned. "Sometimes ye haf to enjoy the shallow things. Though no' always," she said before the gargoyle was brought out onto the floor. Her hand fell to the sword at her hip, fingers curling around the hilt. She glanced to Jourdain, and shrugged, though never moved her hand from the weapon.

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Eliza leaned closer to Genevieve as Lysandra returned along with the zombie-like servants and the gargoyle. She wrinkled her nose slightly at the gargoyle's appearance, but her kiwi eyes watched the blonde woman accompanying Lysandra. There was something strange about her that intrigued the Lasombra.

"Who is that?" Eliza whispered to Genevieve, as she looked at the strangely sorrowful blonde.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Vezina observed the procession, noting the sorrowful-eyed blonde, followed by closely by the hulking, staked form of the gargoyle. The Tzimisce moved along the edge of the open space, working her way back towards Pallas. She glanced at Isleena, wondering if her pretty visage would sour upon seeing the beast she was valorously defending.

She waited for Rodger or Lysandra to speak, or for the stake to be removed.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

"That part of me died a long time ago." Jourdain's answer came softly almost as though he were saying it more to himself though Anabelle stills hears it. His attention of course turns to the odd procession as it enters though he does little else.

----------
Genevieve looks up at the person that Eliza indicates and whispers back. "The scourge. She doesn't look like much but she's a straight up psychopath if you set her off."

----------
The look of disgust on Isleena's face is evident as she looks down at the horrendous monster. Vezina half expects her to run over and lop the creature's head off though she simply turns her head instead.

The short woman steps near the creature and looks up towards where Rodger and Aethelwulf are sitting. A nod from Rodger and the woman quickly proceeds to yank the stake from the creature's chest. The unearthly screech of pain as she proceeds to do this three more times causes several members of the court to turn their heads. The most frightening thing of all might be the almost gleeful look on the woman's face as she tortures the poor creature in front of them.

Finally she stops with the stake pointed over the creatures heart and screeches down at it. "Speak. Speak. Why don't you tell us what we want?"

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Vezina had seen Scorylo act with just as much heartless brutality as this short blonde woman, though that didn't make her treatment of the gargoyle any more pleasing to the eye. The look of glee on her face was also noted. Here was someone who took pleasure in her work, but torture wasn't just about inflicting massive amounts of physical pain. Gyulu had taught her that much in 11 years of tutelage.

She listened to see if the gargoyle bothered responding or would say something rote and taught to it by Abetorius.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

"So, that's the scourge then. Seems lovely," Anabelle said dryly as she watched the blonde woman jam the stake into the gargoyle again and again. She shook her head slowly. She was not opposed to violence, but at this level of cruelty it did very little good.

"I still vote fer cutting off it's head," she said glancing towards Jourdain.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

The gargoyle does little more than scream and whimper during the torturous pain of being repeatedly staked. The scourges question is met with little emotion besides pain however as the creature answers her by trying to lunge to it's feet and escape. The woman simply grabs and stakes it once more as Rodger steps forward and says. "That will be enough. Now perhaps we can decide what is to be done with this creature?"

Jourdain nods at Anabelle's analysis of the scourge and whispers. "I agree or at least wish they would find someone besides a Madwoman to do the torturing. Though she's probably caused to much harm to the creature for a true master to accomplish anything."

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I see. So this was the method used to extract information?" Vezina inquired, not of the Scourge, but of Lysandra. "Massive amounts of pain? Please tell me other methods were used before hand. This is our only link to the Tremere sorcerer capable of talking." She said dryly.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Lysandra nods at Vezina's question as she quietly says. "Unfortunately we lack a skilled torturer amongst our kind, Lady Vezina. Our scourge is much better at the art of killing than abstracting information with guile or pain.

At least we lack one who is willing to use their talents, Jourdain simply refuses to torture other Cainites. He certainly understands how to inflict pain but he says that it's a waste to use such talents on those who can't be redeemed."

The scourge looks towards them as they speak her glee at torture once more replaced by the sorrowful look in her eyes. She turns and looks at the other kindred after a while before simply looking back down at the stake in the creatures chest.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I will not sully my new found position as primogen by asking to be a torturer as well, Vezina thought.

"Is it a waste?" Vezina said, posing the question to the court, and then with a look she directed it at Jourdain. "The Lady Isleena and Lord Donegal, as well as other prominent members of the court of London wish to treat this creature as a Cainite and potential member of our society. If that is truly the view of our court, then it must be a redeemable creature. Jourdain. Will you not apply your methods for the benefit of London and for this poor... Cainite?"

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

"If he is a Cainite then he is truly beyond redemption, for we are already damned, Lady Vezina." Jourdain says matter-of-factly.

"However if you and your fellow primogen were to come to the conclusion that it is not a Cainite, I would gladly attempt to save it's soul and in the process perhaps glean some useful information as to the creature's master and his hiding place."

Status
Not open for further replies.