What's new

Chapter 5 Home is where the Heart is (Ubberific) GMed by ranger

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Chapter 5 Home is where the Heart is (Ubberific) GMed by ranger

A 'Dea' is that the centaurs term for adventurer? Wandering hero? It certainly had a pleasant ring to it for sure! "Pleasure is all mine, I've never seen your kin before. Getting a chance to visit your village." the girl took a deept breath "Well~ Its the sort of chance I'd never pass up." she'd nod to Phobe with a kind smile. It wouldn't be long until the girl reached the village and look on to surprisingly open pastures, seemingly hidden by the forest extending along its border! Yet where the rogue expected immensely large buildings fit to the large race these houses seemed relatively... normal sized?

Infact, while she didn't notice it before Phobe departed, left to wait the rogue would look around with a smile. Fresh air, lush grass, tall buildings, beautiful horses and a--- Rikke paused as she'd need a double take, before turning to note that the houses did indeed have some actual horses near them?!

The rogue furrowed her brow and she even turned her head at the sight, why were there horses here? The centaurs hardly needed ride horses around due to the obvious... For meat? That bordered far too close to cannibalism! Pets?... For something far more blush inducing?!

Hopefully before the silly rogues mind wandered too far into the possibilities, she'd be distracted by something else! For now, the sight of the beasts certainly seemed odd.

Last edited:
OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Indeed before Rikke's mind could wander to some perverse fantasy Phobe would return along with a older gentleman in some sort of ritualistic garb. Turning to Rikke he spoke in a graveled. "Welcome Dea please make yourself at home. I will tend to your friend so she may enter with out bring bad luck to the clan. Please rest at our Inn. It dose not see much use these days but it will provide for your current needs." With that the older Centaur trotted off down the path to the exit while Phobe lead them to the inn. It too had a pasture for horses next to it but it was empty and the inn dark. "Please take what ever room you wish Ill try to wake Anna to get rooms ready for you."

Letting themselves in the people soon had a small fire going in the hearth. While that was going on Rikke saw that all the furniture was shaped for human's. Apparently when the clan had human visitors this place was used for them. Still the other oddities still bothered her. She didn't have much time to linger about it when a small petite and tired looking human girl walked in. She rubbed one of her large eyes sleepily before heading to a cupboard and up the stairs with a arm full of sheets.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rikke would beam the elder a smile and bow politely, he certainly seemed to live up his title. Clad in rather basic, aged clothing, albeit as muscular as Marcus though he seemed bear a few scars hidden beneath "Thank you very. S-sorry we're a bit of sudden handful." the girl snickered in a friendly manner, still keeping her relatively casual mannerisms.

With that seemed Irianna would be able to enter the village as well, the news bringing fair relief to the girls heart. It certainly was heartwarming to see others give Irie the benefit of the doubt when she needed it the most...

"m? Ah sure!" Rikke turned to Phobe as she'd offer to lead her to the inn, while it seemed most of the captives were taken along with the elder and a few centaurs carrying what seemed to be medical vials and bandages. To find such people in the middle of nowhere... Rikke smiled at the sight and turned back to her guide.

"Hey... Phobe. This may sound like a wierd question, but~ I noticed you have some... horses around the town." it was probably best just to ask! "I don't think you use them to ride, so~ I was curious." she'd leave her question up in-air hoping Phobe would catch on what the rogue was asking. Still some of the horses she could understand or guess, but all these buildings and furniture in the cenntaur village, they seemed more fit for humans?

Still be it receiving her answer or not, soon enough Rikke arrived at an inn that seemed definedly fit for humans not centaurs once again?! Now it was just getting wierd! "The furniture around here is... nice." there was quite literally no way to ask how they used such relatively small furnishings with their large bodies without sounding rude! "Hey! By the way, when is Marcus and the scouts coming back. I think I owe them a drink." Rikke giggled kindly as they were indeed qutie the lifesavers! "And you! If you'd want." she'd extend the offer.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Phobe towered over Rikke her horse body and Rikke's own small stature insuring that the rogue would have to look up at the woman. Even Irianna would have to look up the tall woman only being eye level with Phobe breasts if she was present. "Oh? Well it is a secret of the clan but for a Dea I can show you just not these outsiders. When they are all settled I will explain." Having reached the inn the others moved in quickly. This left Rikke a chace to talk with Phobe. "Aye they should return shortly and I will tell him, I still have some matters to attend to so I will join you after Marcus returns." With that Phobe turned and trotted away."

After awhile Irianna returned covered in strange blue markings and wearing a necklace of some clover flower. She looked uncomfortable and seemed weak on her feet. She staggered in unsteady but managed to make her way to a table before resting her head. She seemed almost feverish. Anna looked over at the girl and frowned. "Poor thing who knew that corruption was that strong." Not long after that the two scouts came in looking utterly exhausted and were quickly guided up the stairs but a few other survivors. on the other end of the room where the pasture would be two large barn like doors opened up allowing Phobe and Marcus in. Thankfully the builders seemed to have planned for the additional height for the tall centaurs and the two where easily allowed to enter and go to the bar. It was then that Rikke saw that while the furniture was human sized the floorplan was large enough to allow the massive horse bodies to pass easily threw and even make it to the bar if necessary.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rikke would give the scouts a cheerful wave from her position, as the girls certainly seemed far too tired from their duties to talk. It was admirable on its own that they headed out in their weakened condition... and somehow the rogue had no doubt they rode their hearts out trying to help!

Still as the girl lingered in the inn, checking the various people come and go soon enough Irie would enter... well more stumble inside? The rogues eyes sublty widened, though soon enough a brigth smile adorned her face... Seemed the Centaur were working their own natural remedies to try and aid the girl out of her darkness, much to Iries dismay.

Giggling lightly the rogue turned to Anna who had arrived with Irie "She'll be alright, right?" it was unlikely the darkness would go away just like that, but hopefully the villagers kind attempts would at the very least leesen its presence inside the corrupted girl.

As all the survivors seemed to rush to the their rooms, likely to get the first comfortable nights rest in at least weeks, Rikke would look on to their movements up to two familiar figures entering the bar! "Hey~ hey!" the rogue waved to the duo with a bright smile, beckoning them over "So~ Had any additional trouble?" she'd ask Marcus, subtly glancing around noting that the other two that accompanied him were not here.

Now then... what on earth did centaurs drink for relaxation?!

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Speaking to Anna the girl frowned and pulled her aside to whisper. "The shaman says that to remove the corruption would kill her. It seems its too tied into her lifeforce. The markings keep it at bay but as you can see.. she is no condition for much. For better or worse the darkness is a part of her soul now. I'm truly sorry for your friend Dea. If you could not fix her then our magics will not." Anna patted Rikke on the shoulder before taking her place at the bar. Soon enough however the two centaur would enter into the room and Rikke would guide them over. Easily enough they ordered beer. Anna cherfully filled up two large clear mugs for them. The golden foamy liquid glinting slightly in the lamplight. "And what dose our Dea want for a drink?"

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rikke would nod to Anna and kept an understanding smile "I know, Anna. I know..." she'd utter in a hushed slightly solemn tone "Though I've faith she's much more than just a corrupted soul." the girl would give Anna a smile, before she took her leave and the duo arrived quickly shifting the mood!

The rogue seemed to have little issues getting comfy among the strange group, afterall they absolutely saved her from quite the headache and bit of work to aid the rescued victims! "Well~ I'll just join the others, if you've no objections." the girl beamed a cheeky and confident smile "The ale looks fantastic!"

Still albeit Rikke seemed absolutely comfortable in her spot, atleast one of the centaur seemed just a little antsy or distracted. The predicament hardly aided by the cheery rogue, who even at a glance was absolutely stirring... but now sat among them with little more than her tight leather pants and a torn-up open white shirt, just the few buttons just below her bust still connected as it opened up to show off her silken midriff down below and her supreme generous cleavage above, the opened shot even hinting at the red bra beneath ever so subtly! A sight certainly worthy of a 'Dea' and beyond!

Last edited:
OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Both Marcus and Phobe drank long drafts from their beers. Both their tails swaying behind them. Setting his mug down Marcus turned his head to speak with Rikke. "Well now the human's are resting and after a few days they should be ready to head back. The nearest town is the coastal city we will make sure you have guides." On Rikke's left Phone nodded not drinking as much as Marcus seeming to savor the taste a bit more than her larger brother.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"A-tut-tut!" Rikke would quickly interrupt as they'd about to raise their mugs, as she'd lift her own as well "To fortunate and hopefully well remembered encounters!" the rogue grinned brightly to the group, as hopefully they'd hit their mugs together with Rikke tasting the... hopefully delicious brew as well!

Still with the girl drinking from the tankard a bit of the foam would snap from her drink to slide down between her wonderous cleavage, leaving a subtly glinting trail down "Phaaa~" she'd slam it down with a gasp "T-that's pretty strong!" the girl smiled sheepishly, as the ale did indeed turn out to be absolutely delicious, yet it had an unmistakeable potency about its taste!

"Mhm~ I can't imagine anyone would want to overstay they're welcome. You've absolutely saved a few lives at the very least." Rikke would nod to the further planned comments, before glancing around "So~ Where exactly are we?" by now the rogue seemed to collect that this place wasn't a centaur village... but more of a remote centaur and human haven. The buildings afterall seemed to have been from the start to accomodate both races!

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

They indeed met Rikke's toast with clink of mugs. Phobe smiled at Rikke. "I know the ale is strong but it cannot be making you drunk already Dea. Like I said this is our village. As for this place well we trade with several towns and villages around here. Those we trust need a place to stay while we trade with them. We keep this place as that meeting point.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Drunk?" Rikke giggled, this would be far too little and far too quick to have any effect on the rather experienced heroine! "Don't think I'll reach that, not unless Marcus here is going to be shooting for it." she'd smirk at him teasingly, clearly calling back to his earlier 'compliment' in the forest. Moments later adding a friendly snicker, clearly showing it was just a bit of cheery fun.

"Oh so it's a sort of traders safe haven? You know, a stop point, before they continue onwards." Rikke would look around "No wonder it seems fit for both humans and centaurs." speaking of which "Where are you two from?" there was certainly a very limited number of centaurs around, yet with the buildings bearing such modifications... the race seemed rather native around here! Perhaps even having a region where they were far more commonplace!

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Phobe laugh lightly. "From here silly born and raised." Looking over to Marcus it was clear he was blushing and not from the drink. "And don't worry about that big lug he only has eyes for our own little Anna." Almost if on que the small girl walked back from around the corner smile with a small bowl of various nuts. It was then Marcus blushed deepened. Anna didn't linger long and was back out of sight in short order. Smiling Phobe punched Marcus in the arm lightly. "See what I mean."

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Thanks Anna." Rikke would smile to the girl brightly, as she placed the nuts nearby all the while subtly observing the centaurs rather cute embarassment as the petite girl approached and disappear, the centaurs grip on his mug even subtly shaking in sheer anxiousness. The sight alone spurring a hidden giggle from the girl, as just when Anna left Rikke would look to where the waritress had disappeared and quickly adorn a most cheeky and ever-devilish smile "Ooh~ Someone does indeed seem to have a thing for Anna." she'd smile wickedly leaning towards Marcus, incidentally giving a view that certainly didn't help his bashful blushing nature! "Does she know?" Rikke asked with a raised eyerbow, even glancing to Phobe to potentially receive the answer.

Truthfully it was nothing short of heartwarming to see the huge centaur, blush and seemingly shrink near the petite girl or under Rikkes mischievious teases, seemed under all that muscle he certainly quite the gentle giant "Well~ I've seen stranger pairs. We could invite her over for a drink, ya know?" the rogue turned her head keeping a sly smile as she looked to Marcus's response. Albeit the rogue had.... other plans as how to potentially thank the male centaur, with this new reveal perhaps she could do something far different for him.

Last edited:
OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Phobe shrugged but a glint in her eye hinted she knew something, still it wasn't much to go on. The male centaur tensed as Rikke drew close before clearing his throat and downing the lest of his beer. "Well Ladies I need to head out and finish my report to the Elder." Turning away he threw his sister a dark look that only made her giggle. Turning his attention to Rikke. "It was a pleasure Dea may your journeys be blessed. Inclining his head slightly he headed out. Phobe watched him go a little bit before turning back to her drink with a mirthful shake of her head.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rikke would open her arms for a hug at the centaur, though it was up to him if her accepted the upclose goodbye! "See you, Marcus." she'd look to him leave and snicker happily "He's adorable." the girl beamed a friendly grin to Phobe "Couldn't have imagined he was such a bashful type."

Still without Marcus to tease or toy about with, there was little other company... well besides Phobe "Strange to see an Inn so silent." Rikke would speak up "Usually even the roughest of places have something going on, but here..." besides Irie who likely just flatout fell asleep on the table from her exhaustion there was noone here? "Where is everyone?"

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Well ya know it is pretty late Rikke. But then there is the fact we only really use this place during the trade season. Though Anna keeps this place up and running all year. I think she favors human customers more then our own." Phobe sipped her beer and looked about. Dull embers glowed in the fire leaving only a few lamps burning about. A few moments of silence passed before a slight snork drew their attention to the table were Irianna sat. It seemed the woman had finally drifted off to sleep at the table. Not long after Anna came around the corner and draped a blanket over her. Anna frowned at the woman before heading back to sit with Rikke and Phobe.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rikke would enjoy her ale as well, all the while observing Anna work her magic. It was all too clear perhaps during far more busy seasons, she had her hands absolutely full and quickly mastered taking care of the weary travelers passing by "Someone's a busy bee." Rikke would comment as Anna seemed to rush back to them, switching out the snack plate with a freshly filled one.

Still the rogue could only do so much smalltalk, albeit a new potentially interesting subject crossed her mind. Finishing her mug the rogue would look around and turn to Phobe "Hey, do you have a local area map around here?" that caravan wasn't just travelling randomly, it had a goal... infact it was then the name crossed the girls mind "Also, does a Lord Jericho sound familiar to you?"

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

At the mention of Lord Jericho both Phobe and Anna frowned darkly. "He is a vile man, who only pursues his own pleasures." Anna nodded in agreement with Phobe. "He is nothing but a nuisance, but untouchable at least for us." Phobe's tail flicked in an agitated manner. "As for a map of the area I think we have one for our scouts. Its probably outdated though. We much prefer our isolation than exploring to far afield these days.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

An untouchable egocentric maniac? "So... Where can I find this Lord Jericho?" the rogue turned to Phobe with a sly smile. Most if not all of the captives were indeed ordered by this Lord Jericho and his 'list'... For one reason or another, the girl quickly felt herself pulled to investigate more about this unknown Lord and his rule. Afterall, Rikke could rarely pass a chance to kick some snobby ass!

Her question potentially linked with her request with a map, as well... if she was going to head to where Jericho resided she'd need a clear direction!

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"The Lord Jericho lives about weeks ride from our village here. It is the kingdom of Gernalt and his is one of the border fiefdoms." Phobe looked bitter at the topic choosing to drink some more rather than continue. "It would not wise to head that way. None that go to oppose him ever return." Anna's eyes watered lightly.