What's new

ACT Ryona [ Cinderalle Castle] [しんでられ城] Arms Bless / アームズブレス (RE249106) (RJ249106)

OP
Zepheral

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score
So I'm just gonna pop in and write some stuff, I suppose. Hopefully it helps.

Basic storyline outline:
You play as Beth/Bess, a super-advanced hyper-destructive sapient robotic weapon made by a bunch of mad scientists to take vengeance against the country who had wronged them by trying to stop their research. Except she has the complete set of emotions, morals and free will, so her response to "we are your creators, you were made for the sake of death and destruction, now obey us and crush our enemies" is an "uh, no, killing is bad, can't we talk it out?", leading the mad scientists to try and scrap her. Naturally, she breaks out and fucks off to try to live on her own terms.

Gameplay:
The game is a fast-paced 2-d side-scrolling platformer made with WolfRPG (I think) with a relatively linear stage progression. As noted in the OP, your main goal in each stage is to either make your way to the goal zone (a checkerboard-tiled part of the floor; can't miss it) or defeat the boss should it be a boss stage, violently repulsing the various enemies en route. Scattered around the stages and dropped by defeating enemies are yellow coins, which when collected accumulate an 'EXP' counter; at certain thresholds of EXP (can be seen via the Up+F and Down+F menus in an action stage), Beth will obtain new abilities or obtain upgrades to existing abilities. The majority of them give her more dakka/choppa. Aside from her standard abilities, "Tail Blade" (Z), "Normal Shot" (C), "Air Raid" (aerial Z, direction key optional) and "Burst" (aerial C), all her abilities are shown on the bottom left of the screen, and have a cooldown before they can be reused.

Next to boss nodes are usually treasure nodes; they generally unlock only when you manage to no-damage-clear the corresponding boss, and contain phat loot such as a HP extension or a buttload of EXP.

Overworld controls:
Directional keys - move the cursor.
Z - confirm.
X - cancel, opens the menu.
C - opens/closes a ranking menu of some sort. Unsure of its use.
V - swaps around the criteria for the ranking. Again, unsure of its use.

Stage controls:
Directional keys - move.
Z - talk with/examine NPCs/signs and the like; attack with the Tail Blade and Air Raid melee attacks.
X - jump.
C - attack with the Normal Shot and Burst ranged attacks.
F - scan the nearest enemy. Beth's comments are usually quite informative and include various tips especially vs bosses, but that admittedly requires you to be able to read the text.
Up+F/Down+F - opens the skill list, showing what dakka you have and what new dakka you'll get at what EXP threshold.
A, S, D, V - used alone or in combination with directional buttons to use an unlocked ability.
Space - pause the game; you can opt to return to the title screen, continue the game or (if you've already cleared the stage) return to the world map. You'll probably be returning to the world map a lot if you're going for no-damage boss clears.

Scenes:
At times, there may be skull-and-crossbones markers in a stage, signifying "super-dangerous areas". Get caught in whatever's making the marker for the scene.

Random boss tips:
1. Giant Slime

Essentially the tutorial boss. Has no contact damage. Will open his mouth right before he attacks. Gently stream the slow-moving barrage of black bullets, quickly stream the fast-moving barrage of black bullets, and slip past the scattering of purple bullets. The second version of the purple bullet scatter move lasts much longer, but the bullets will be blocked by the platforms; use that to your advantage. At low HP, can launch a devastating barrage of giant bullets, but he can only fire those bullets horizontally so gain some vertical distance. Gun him down whenever you have the chance.

2. Giant Worm Boss
Comes with two mooks at both ends of the arena; it might be better to eliminate them first, especially the worm on the right end. With some proper positioning you can take out the worm mook by using Gatling(V) right at the start of the battle. Boss' primary attack method is a very quick-moving targeted shot, done 5 times in a row; the shots are quite telegraphed, so if you time your jumps well you can come out unscathed. Use Air Raid or Burst if you need extra movement. Can spawn extra worm mooks; Gatling them down.

3. Dryad
Note: this boss' hitbox is firmly in the human part. Don't bother shooting the plant part.
Will generally cycle between summoning Thorns covering the entire bottom half of the battlefield, and an escalating 1-2-3-4-5 barrage of quick-moving shots. White worms will regularly fall on top of the topmost platform (the only safespot from Thorns), and purple worms with one-hit-kill contact damage spawn occasionally from the boss. Most of Beth's weapons can't really hit things below her that well, but Chase Missile (Up+V) will handily eliminate Thorns and sometimes the white worms too. Use Ignis(S)->Arm Cannon(Up+S) for your primary methods of offense and sprinkle in Burst whenever you can; you can hit the boss from the topmost platform. Air Raid and Burst are, again, your primary mobility tools for getting out of tight spots.

3.5 Giant Spider
The pink spiders don't move, but deal contact damage. The big spider in the center will launch powerful homing explosives that can be set to detonate if hit by sufficiently strong attack (such as Z or down+S). Trigger the explosives next to him and make him eat his own bombs. The barrage he uses as a counterattack afterwards is easier to dodge if you're on the right side of the screen.

4. Moon
Just run.

(WIP)
I change the op a few hours ago, they haven’t responded. If that doesn’t work, I’ll let use this. Thank you. :ROFLMAO:

cacapost

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Completed the game... No gallery though. Also I can't open any of the treasure room doors. I think you might have to scan all the enemies? I really don't know what opens them. I've been getting as many H-scenes as I can too.
I figured out how to open the treasure rooms. They each have a specific challenge you have to complete to open them.

The only example I have is the one next to the worm boss. The sign outside says that you have to beat the worm without taking any damage, obviously I haven't been able to accomplish that so I cant be sure.

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
I figured out how to open the treasure rooms. They each have a specific challenge you have to complete to open them.

The only example I have is the one next to the worm boss. The sign outside says that you have to beat the worm without taking any damage, obviously I haven't been able to accomplish that so I cant be sure.
Okay the treasure rooms just give you stat boosts (like extra HP). They don't provide any gallery function. Beat the first boss (green slime dude) without taking any damage.

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
Jesus fuck this game is long. I'm currently at a flying demon boss and I think I'm stuck, he just has too much HP.. And I came all the way here without any hp upgrades

Edit: Yep. Definitely not playing this anymore, way too tedious for almost no reward :/

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Combined both 4lurk3r's and Zepheral's updates together for the OP. Thread moved back.

Last edited:

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
Jesus fuck this game is long. I'm currently at a flying demon boss and I think I'm stuck, he just has too much HP.. And I came all the way here without any hp upgrades

View attachment 20763

Edit: Yep. Definitely not playing this anymore, way too tedious for almost no reward :/
You probably just need to grind a bit more. Also Down+A, Up+V, D, and Up+D are super useful for bosses. Don't use V or S primarily. Those two are only useful for large groups of enemies so only use those if you have nothing left.

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
You probably just need to grind a bit more. Also Down+A, Up+V, D, and Up+D are super useful for bosses. Don't use V or S primarily. Those two are only useful for large groups of enemies so only use those if you have nothing left.
I use all my powers don't be mistaken, but this boss has triple the health and I don't wanna put myself through trying to beat him

Captainstarfish

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I use all my powers don't be mistaken, but this boss has triple the health and I don't wanna put myself through trying to beat him
Health is stored as a 4byte, starts at 15, and goes down by one per hit.

Just in case you want to finish the game.

|Alien|

Lurker
Reputation score
Anyone has a list of the Game Over H scene and in which levels they are?

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Gotta say I really like the weird nightmare-ish atmosphere of this game. Too bad about, well, everything else
I wonder what the full story to this even is, kinda getting some "its all in her head" vibes

qwezxcp

Lurker
Reputation score
It seems that you need to beat boss beside treasure map without taking damage to open the door.
And there is nothing special behind the door.
Most of it is coin(exp) and super large heart. And something that reduce your skill's cooldown time I presume.

4lurk3r

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Gotta say I really like the weird nightmare-ish atmosphere of this game. Too bad about, well, everything else
I wonder what the full story to this even is, kinda getting some "its all in her head" vibes
Summary made from my very shaky knowledge of Japanese, take with a grain of salt:
Beth, super-destructive one-of-a-kind humanoid robotic living weapon, awakens and has a conversation with her creators, a bunch of mad scientists who plan to use her power to exact death and destruction to the kingdom of humans who cast them out because we really don't want morally bankrupt mad scientists doing unethical experiments and creating dangerous living weapons right next to us thank you very much. Except she was born with morals and free will because they can, so she refuses. Mad scientists dub her a failure because she's not morally bankrupt and/or a complete doormat and try to send her to the scrapyard, so she beats the shit out of them and breaks out.

Turns out that the living weapons created by the mad scientists are causing trouble pretty much globally and most of the sapient population have learned to think anyone and anything coming out of The Lab is a jackass hellbent on raising hell, and this includes Beth too, which combined with some racial differences gives her some trouble in the first legs of her journey, and has her decide that maybe she'd be able to communicate better with humans. She sets course to the human kingdom in the east, while beating the shit out of everything in her way while deliberately holding back to only inflict non-lethal levels of damage (don't ask me how she does it, she just does).

Among the things she beats up include a bunch of worm critters made by the lab (they were a product of The Lab and thus jackasses, and they were causing problems anyway), the plant-person ruler of the mushroom monster forest (she was pretty strung up on how she's a mass murder weapon created by The Lab, it was self-defense), a giant spider monster (came from The Lab and tried to eat her), and a witch (she was a jerk, and tried to turn her into a toy if she could get away with it), before being told by the witch that she needs to detour west to cross the sea.

En route she passes through a place with a high concentration of alcoholic mist and promptly gets into a stage of ethanol-induced hallucinations before coming to her senses and beating some local bird hero who also got drunk upside the head so he doesn't rampage across the countryside, stops by at a robot tournament (and enters, and wins) for giggles, GTFOs away from some crazy moon robot thing, and agrees to bodyguard some frogmen from pirates in exchange for ferrying her across the sea.

After beating up the local pirates and some deep sea monster (he was making her really uncomfortable with his comments about being hungry, and like the Dryad he has a chip on his shoulder regarding living weapons), she continues her journey to the east while again beating up a bunch of stuff, including some thing with the ability to control corpses bent on gravedigging on old historical ruins, the local lord of the volcano (he probably picked the fight first admittedly), the local 'this gate stays closed unless you prove your worth to me' thunder dragon, some slime overdosed on life-ups (he didn't get the memo that they're protagonist-only items), and the local demon lord (his guys trapped her in his castle and tried to kill her).

She also destroys the evil-goddess-statue in the center of some cursed land because it's been doing real freaky undead stuff and is apparently part of The Lab's shenanigans.

Making her way to the kingdom of humans Beth gets a segfault on how she didn't exactly think things through beyond 'make it to the kingdom of humans and maybe get some food', and almost gets carried away by some creepy old man offering her money before the mad scientists try to activate a sleeper genocide-mode program to get her to rampage, except her journey has sufficiently elevated her WIL save and allowed her to say 'fuck that shit'. She then goes to intercept the living weapons sent by the mad scientists through the sewer system, and ends up beating up some gigantic living weapon of death and destruction the mad scientist made in her absence, and brings the head mad scientist over to custody.

That was the plan, but she had the bright idea to triumphantly walk through the front gate while being a foreigner from The Lab, while her previous attempts of entry and exit are all through incognito means (scaling the wall and going through the sewer respectively), gets caught, and decides to just spill the beans. Fortunately she managed to clear her Diplomacy roll (the tied-up escaped criminal she's bringing in probably had a thing to do with it) and becomes a celebrated hero. The end. Or something like that.

This circle's games seem to have some really weird sapient creatures as well as outright magic in it. Aside from Beth's drunken imaginations, most of the enemies she faces are just local flora and fauna, sapient, sentient or otherwise, or living weapons made by The Lab.

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Wow, thanks for the write-up. Sounds like a pretty interesting game, wish it would've been a bit more polished

someguy1212

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
How do you get past the slow moving giant eye block that wants to crush you in the second stage of succubus tower?

Edit: Nvm, got it. Just overwhelming firepower =)

Last edited:

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
How do you get past the slow moving giant eye block that wants to crush you in the second stage of succubus tower?
You just need to shoot it and hit it with attacks until it dies. There's no puzzle involved.

Maryel

Lurker
Reputation score
god even at this moment i didnt found the H that refer to some Tags it has.... seriously

Maryel

Lurker
Reputation score
Have to admit. Went in expecting H, came out having enjoyed it as a normal game. It was fun =)
well cannot deny that as a normal game would be fun. but as a H its just.... how to say it... nah nvm anything i say would end as an insult so il leave it at that

|Alien|

Lurker
Reputation score
god even at this moment i didnt found the H that refer to some Tags it has.... seriously
Here all the H scene that I found.

Laboratory 2-2
Ryona sound Scene.

First Forest 1-2
Ryona Scene.
First Forest 3-1
Rape Scene.
First Forest Boss, be hit by Violet larva.
Rape Scene.

Robot Arena 1-3, be hit by the flying Rhombus made of yellow spheres.
Tickle Scene.

Witch Castle 2-2
Tickle Scene.
Witch Castle 3-2
Rape Scene.

Witch Castle Second Boss, break the glass door.
Ryona sound Scene.

Ship/Submarine First Boss.
Slave Scene.
Ship/Submarine 2-1
Rape Scene.

Second Forest 1-1
Ryona Scene.

Succubus Tower 1-2
Rape Scene.
Succubus Tower 2-2
Rape Scene.
Succubus Tower 1-3