What's new

Corruption Tournament OOC discussion and planning

Nullify

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Corruption Tournament OOC discussion and planning

So, I meant to ask these questions way earlier, but became indisposed due to sickness. Anyway, I understand the idea of per rank usage, but what about things like Pre/Postcognition, which have hard limits to their times, would having precognition matter if it is three seconds, for example. How long would the "rounds" be to have any form of benefit, and would one be able to use them as much as they want?

Also, when a person doesn't have an artifact of any sort, is it expected for them to be trained in some other form of weapon as a means of attack, or just hand-to-hand nonsense, I'd imagine it'd be by the player, but I just wanted to make sure of those things, for Physical attacks at least.

And with Mental as the attacking stat, I imagine it wouldn't be too far-fetched to RP it as if you were looking for a sort of weakness/opening, outside of abilities specifically for that purpose, as a form to make the attack either effective or possible.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah sure.

theguy09

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I believe you have forgotten Fmokou's Isabelle.

Question for when in character, but do the demons pick where they defend/attack just like the hero's are now? And also in battles is it limited to a 1V1 and 2V2 and etc? Or can someone be ganged up on?

Last edited:
OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I believe you have forgotten Isabelle.

Question for when in character, but do the demons pick where they defend/attack just like the hero's are now? And also in battles is it limited to a 1V1 and 2V2 and etc? Or can someone be ganged up on?
Yes they do, basically look for a lewd target with interests that'd fit your character. No, well yes you can gank up, but again for posting pace reasons I recommend not going beyond 2v2.

Now for your character:
Kinky writeup, two small details:

As your special attack has the backlashing weakness already that is 1 point less. Can't well double backlash.

Your pets intelligence isn't high enough to cast a magic like bless. I'll let distract slide, but you'll have to rework that somewhat.

Edit: Yay, my own character is done. ^^ Again, you don't have to modify your posts like mine, but it make things easier to find.

Last edited:

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Oh wait, so we're doing this all in a single thread? I was wondering what you meant about tags. I'd been assuming you'd be making threads for individual locations, so as to avoid a dozen simultaneous fights all being mashed together over several pages. '-'

theguy09

Reputation score

That does seem like it would be the most organized method method, and perhaps thats what Pervy was going to do after the demons picked who was going to defend the forest.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Amorok:
Interesting, kinky if a bit strange concept; I might have to .. test this ones unique power myself.

Btw, your wood witch and other character updated or scrapped, wasn't sure because your post said not to mind.

If any other characters are done or I missed any just poke.
They just were updated. Not scrapping the Woods Witch.

Also the other question that didn't get answered. Can it end up with battles like 3v1? Because I don't think any villain's going to want to come out against those kinda odds :p

Last edited:

theguy09

Reputation score

Just a thought but will there be any NCP's to help the demons? As currently there is like 14ish hero's and only 7 demons I think.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Also the other question that didn't get answered. Can it end up with battles like 3v1? Because I don't think any villain's going to want to come out against those kinda odds :p
I'm pretty sure that's simply down to our own discretion. The system can handle multi person battles, and there's no RP reason against it, so it's simply a case of etiquette and trying to keep things fun. Like I'd potentially be willing to take a 2v1 fight as long as all involved thought the odds felt relatively fair. From just looking at the sheets, there's possibly at least a few combos that could work with. There are also individuals that are obvious counters to others and the probable victor can be most likely guessed at. 3v1 fights seem unlikely unless it's three weakened/fresh characters against one that has been dominating for some time. There's not much within the system geared specifically around "crowd control" or "AOE" fighting, so the power difference probably needs to be fairly significant before 3v1 could be fair.

Or at least, that's as best I can tell without have actually seen any battles yet. RP wise, sometimes that kind of shit is still fun even if players are expecting to win/lose.

Also, had my avatar had been wearing it's Balrog outfit for long enough, so seemed a good excuse for a new one. No need to worry about forgetting which character is mine. :3

Last edited:

NightSky

Demon Girl
Reputation score

It's Friday here and I'm almost done with work. I will be able to post more often!

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Enviromental control: 1 or 2 points/rank Pick 1/Rank. If you have an apropriate special attack or Elemental control it deals 1 point more damage. (To enhance elemental control you need to roll at least a 1d4.)
So here's a thing. Environmental Control doesn't claim to do it's own damage, nor have a duration, nor a written uses/rank limit, implying an ongoing utility/minor effect. I'd presume statements like "blinds and limits vision" would give similar penalties as if fighting a concealed opponent. But what about when your bane would be covered by the type of environmental control in question? Would the utility modifier multiply? Or (hopefully not) does it effectively become a death sentence damage over time without duration? ._.

Fmokou

Reputation score

Y
Now for your character:
Kinky writeup, two small details:

As your special attack has the backlashing weakness already that is 1 point less. Can't well double backlash.

Your pets intelligence isn't high enough to cast a magic like bless. I'll let distract slide, but you'll have to rework that somewhat.
Changed it, I removed bless and add the points to his stats, and I should've figured that doubling up on the weakness wasn't okay, so I removed it and lowered entangling by one rank. When I first imagined her, I felt like she might be a tad bit boring, so I added something kinky to her.

Edit: The link you requested.

Last edited:
OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh wait, so we're doing this all in a single thread? I was wondering what you meant about tags. I'd been assuming you'd be making threads for individual locations, so as to avoid a dozen simultaneous fights all being mashed together over several pages. '-'
Hmnn, actually that'd be a good way of doing things too. ^^ I mean.. I totally thought of that! I can definitly do it that way if people like the ideaying.

Alright then, Woods witch updated: Why not evil general is what comes to mind? .. I mean, we need moar kinky wolves but evil general is more ment for a combat focused companion ^^

Musubi: Approved

Just a thought but will there be any NCP's to help the demons? As currently there is like 14ish hero's and only 7 demons I think.
I intend to write one up if the need arises, yes. That said, due to heroes ganking up and, later on, becoming corrupted having a few more heroes than demons is actually fine.

Later on more powerful demons could find themselves 1on3. Also, you don't get points for ganking up to such numbers, usually. Well the demon would get 3 points if they won but the heroes only 1/3rd of a point for 1 demon defeated (unless they also take a territory or etc, so that'd not pay off in that regard.

Unknown squid is right in there being powerful combinations and as characters gain points down the line, a demon that wins for example 5-6 fights and buys good stuff can fight 1on2 against new heroines with ease.

But what about when your bane would be covered by the type of environmental control in question? Would the utility modifier multiply? Or (hopefully not) does it effectively become a death sentence damage over time without duration? ._.
Lets answer your question.. with another question. What happens to a vampire in sunlight?

Changed it, I removed bless and add the points to his stats, and I should've figured that doubling up on the weakness wasn't okay, so I removed it and lowered entangling by one rank. When I first imagined her, I felt like she might be a tad bit boring, so I added some kink to her.
All good, thats what you got me for to police these small details. Approved

Oh on that note: Amorok: The grab is not a problem, if you make the staying in the mouth interesting, its only 3 damage. I would add that he has to forego his attack to try and trap them, thats only fair, beyond that it works like entangled special attack ability. Approved

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Changed it, I removed bless and add the points to his stats, and I should've figured that doubling up on the weakness wasn't okay, so I removed it and lowered entangling by one rank. When I first imagined her, I felt like she might be a tad bit boring, so I added something kinky to her.

Edit: The link you requested.
Ah, she's already approved.

Raffa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

All right, I think it's about time I've jumped into this.

Who's going where, and who wants some help? ^^

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh reminder, you can always defend the last hope citadel (tm)

Raffa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Oh reminder, you can always defend the last hope citadel (tm)
I was led to believe it was a bastion, not a citadel.

I feel cheated.

0/10, would not defend.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Alright then, Woods witch updated: Why not evil general is what comes to mind? .. I mean, we need moar kinky wolves but evil general is more ment for a combat focused companion ^^

Musubi: Approved

Oh on that note: Amorok: The grab is not a problem, if you make the staying in the mouth interesting, its only 3 damage. I would add that he has to forego his attack to try and trap them, thats only fair, beyond that it works like entangled special attack ability. Approved
(Woods Witch)Yeah just realized that this morning. Will probably change it after work today.

As for Amorok. Yeah at the moment he can't attack while the enemy is trapped. Did you mean to add some other affects on top of it? Cause one I was thinking was that he still had freedom of movement when he had someone trapped and could run off with them to separate a group if the enemy couldn't keep up.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Woods Witch)Yeah just realized that this morning. Will probably change it after work today.

As for Amorok. Yeah at the moment he can't attack while the enemy is trapped. Did you mean to add some other affects on top of it? Cause one I was thinking was that he still had freedom of movement when he had someone trapped and could run off with them to separate a group if the enemy couldn't keep up.
Sure, but figured that was the idea of it anyway. Wolf is outnumbered, wolf molest picks up one, wolf has a fun time alone without the others. ^^

Anyway, what I ment only not being able to attack while initiating the grapple, and not attacking the grappled enemy, after grappling, well, nomming, can attack others, though it should perhaps impose a roll penalty.

Raffa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

*after reading through the thing*

Yikes! Things are a little cramped I see.

Hmm... hmm... hmm... I'll wait just a liiiiittle bit. See what other territories there will be in the future.