What's new

Caernarvon

Reputation score
Development blog has moved to Head here for early access to the most recent demos, development progress, and more!

UPDATE: Game is currently on version 0.04!

v0.04 OVERVIEW
Coven has progressed to its next version, this time incorporating a fully-functional trap-escape sequence! Getting caught by the wedge in Fort Locke will result in a QTE-Based Battle to escape, all while it does exceptionally lewd things and drains your energy (^:

In other news, the character 'Sera' can now be seen in the world and the beginnings of an alchemy system are beginning to form. Aside from this, look around and I'm sure you'll find some interesting stuff.

Version 0.03 will now be posted to this page, and the latest demo will be available over at my for a dollar buy-in. (Most if not all of this money goes to game development). Going ahead, demos will be made public after the newest one drops--meaning that once 0.05 comes out, 0.04 will be available for public download.

WHAT'S NEXT [For version 0.05]

-Finishing Fort Locke stage and implementing beginning of the Coven Academy--a hub-world of sorts full of a host of, well, 'intriguing' characters.
-New Slime Enemy implementation.
-Graphical updates and quality of life changes.
-Commissioning more art.
-First 'stage' featuring enemies and traps to impede progress!

Coven is an H-RPG being developed to take the best combat aspects of Japanese H-RPG eroge and refine them to a mirror polish. On release Coven will come equipped with fully illustrated H-Attacks and traps, a challenging, QTE-based, struggle system for escaping restraining attacks, a combat system based entirely around lewd things draining the energy of a Coven Witch in training, potential for additional voice acting, a three act structured story with a cast of interesting characters that won't interfere with the erotic nature of the game, a variety of incorporated fetishes, language translations, and much more.

REYA_TRAP2.png

UPDATE: The game has been successfully progressed to its '0.2' version. Along with this comes a QTE-based struggle system, commissioned lewds for standing pictures, a (very) basic herbology system, two lewd attacks, and some other additions.

Coven frame 2.png

As of now this game is being created solely by me, but as development progresses I will be recruiting illustrators, voice talent, and listening closely to feedback from players to help make the game a reality.
Fetishes to be explored in this game will be centered heavily around restraint, bondage, forced orgasm, tentacles (lots of tentacles), powerplay stuff, humiliation, violation, and things of that nature. That said, as per my own tastes, there won't be anything too extreme such as guro or scat but I plan to explore different fetishes based on user input.

v0.01 (although this is very barebones)

v0.02 (get this one):

v0.03 (Suckerplant, and other fun stuff):

Head on over to my Patreon for the most recent demos, although I'll post previous demos here after new ones come out for convenience-sake (^:

Feedback is greatly appreciated, and I will keep you up to date as the project progresses past inception!

CURRENT DEMO VIDEO

Attachments

Last edited:

Nimrod

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Absence of preview pictures is perceived as a lack of quality, or content. It's also frowned upon when making a thread. Even if if it's just a text based game, it's still better to add pictures on this main post and on your patreon. Improving your optics will improve your chances for success.

A considerable portion of the population won't even read your opening statement if there are no pictures to catch their attention.

Have a nice day.

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Took the plunge and gave it a go.

There's not much to this game at the moment. As stated, it has a single battle with a slime, and any h content is text only, which goes into only a small amount of detail. The battle system is basic MV with the addition of a capture/struggle system. The only art in the game so far is the character's face with a few different expressions.

It's not that it's a bad game, but rather, there's not enough here to really leave much of an impression. The character interactions are meta for the sake of it and don't really do anything to establish the game's plot or lore aside from the absolute bare bones details. I can only imagine that these will change as development continues, so there's not much else for me to comment on there.

OP
Caernarvon

Caernarvon

Reputation score
Took the plunge and gave it a go.

There's not much to this game at the moment. As stated, it has a single battle with a slime, and any h content is text only, which goes into only a small amount of detail. The battle system is basic MV with the addition of a capture/struggle system. The only art in the game so far is the character's face with a few different expressions.

It's not that it's a bad game, but rather, there's not enough here to really leave much of an impression. The character interactions are meta for the sake of it and don't really do anything to establish the game's plot or lore aside from the absolute bare bones details. I can only imagine that these will change as development continues, so there's not much else for me to comment on there.
In the actual game the fourth wall will remain very much intact, but since things are as bare bones as they are right now I can take liberties in regards to how characters handle things. That said future updates will be alot more substantial, and I've been commissioning artists although them getting stuff done will take time.

@Nimrod In the next update of this page I'll be including screenshots and a brief gameplay video, and you aren't wrong in regards to what you said about them and I appreciate that feedback.

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
In the actual game the fourth wall will remain very much intact, but since things are as bare bones as they are right now I can take liberties in regards to how characters handle things. That said future updates will be alot more substantial, and I've been commissioning artists although them getting stuff done will take time.
That's good to know! The pitch in the first post was much more engaging than the game itself presents so far, but from what you've described, it sounds like it's heading in a good direction. As someone working on a similar style of game, I hope you're able to achieve your vision.

OP
Caernarvon

Caernarvon

Reputation score
UPDATE: The game has progressed to version 0.2, bringing with it a variety of new features, a completely revamped and enhanced combat system, and new art commissioned entirely for the game.

Here is a brief trailer featuring some of these updates:

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score
So what's the game going to focus on? Other than tentacles I guess. From the item and spell descriptions it looks like you're going for a vampirism \ blood magic style.

OP
Caernarvon

Caernarvon

Reputation score
I like this.
Please don't die.
Very glad you do! I plan on resuming full development after the holidays and getting some more art commissions.

And @Slam Sector
So there will for sure be more tentacles, but stuff such as traps or a variety of other things will be able to drain the magical energy from Coven witches the more pleasure they cause, which should allow for a wealth of different weird creatures and lewd pitfalls along the way. Focus-wise it'll be alot on the combat rape and power-play elements, although the main character will be able to augment their abilities depending on various circumstances to drain back their energy from attacks or use it for stronger abilities.

If you're referring to Moss and the lore, I've got updates on that soon.tm (^:

Last edited:

Razeluxe

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
but as development progresses I will be recruiting illustrators, voice talent,
As a quick note, make sure you save that for last if at all. I've seen too many projects splurge on voice acting before actually finishing their game and running out of money or patience.

OP
Caernarvon

Caernarvon

Reputation score
UPDATE: Version 0.03 has arrived!

After a decent amount of at last getting hold of the ropes for my combat system, Coven has progressed to version 0.03! Along with this patch comes a brand new enemy, the 'suckerplant' which will prove a dire threat for players who are low on energy, an intro cutscene of sorts, reworked visual and audio effects for the lewdz, improved presentation, a new 'defeat' scene, battle system improvements and tweaks (you now go through QTEs to dodge restraining attacks instead of leaving it up to chance for example), new art, and more!

Version 0.02 will now be posted to this page, and the latest demo will be available over at my for a dollar buy-in. (Most if not all of this money goes to game development). Going ahead, demos will be made public after the newest one drops--meaning that once 0.04 comes out, 0.03 will be available for public download.

That being said, more art has been commissioned and things are shaping up for a 0.04 release in a somewhat timely manner. That said, I've included a brief showcase video for the new update.

Thank you all again for your input, and hope to see you around!

Wuumaster

Demon Girl
Reputation score
You have a good concept, and decent art. I like the QTE to avoid/break grapples.

I feel like there's something missing though. Failing to dodge an attack and getting restrained feels ok/alright, but further fails don't seem... satisfying? I'm not sure exactly how to explain it, or if that's even the right word, but (for me at least) the art & animation doesn't convey enough 'weight' of the consequences.

Wish I could explain this better for you, maybe someone else can chime in to fill in the gaps.

Also, might want to turn off some of the repeated combat dialog. I don't know how the main game will play out, but if she says her 'monster intro' dialog everytime you fight a sucking plant, it's going to get annoying if you have to fight 3-4 of them in a row.

OP
Caernarvon

Caernarvon

Reputation score
You have a good concept, and decent art. I like the QTE to avoid/break grapples.

I feel like there's something missing though. Failing to dodge an attack and getting restrained feels ok/alright, but further fails don't seem... satisfying? I'm not sure exactly how to explain it, or if that's even the right word, but (for me at least) the art & animation doesn't convey enough 'weight' of the consequences.

Wish I could explain this better for you, maybe someone else can chime in to fill in the gaps.

Also, might want to turn off some of the repeated combat dialog. I don't know how the main game will play out, but if she says her 'monster intro' dialog everytime you fight a sucking plant, it's going to get annoying if you have to fight 3-4 of them in a row.
Noted! I think I get what you mean, and to hopefully remedy that I've been making some tweaks to the animation and effects to make it feel better. This is pretty early in development, so I'll have time to make plenty of alterations to such things. The main time-waster so far was scripting the struggle system to sync up with the pictures, but I think I've finally got the hang of it.

And I've now made a separate troop for future plants, although once 0.04 hits the first sucker plant will be an intro enemy of sorts. Past that it'll be a more mainline enemy that relies on sub-enemies to get your energy down for an 'execute' as it were xd

Thank you for input!

Wuumaster

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Good to hear.

For the record, yours is hardly the only game I can criticize this way. I felt the same way about that Hasumi (Last Seven Days, or something along those lines...) and some others.

OP
Caernarvon

Caernarvon

Reputation score
UPDATE: Coven has progressed to Version 0.04, featuring a trap-escape minigame, an alchemy system, and more! Check out this trailer for details (^:

Version 0.03 will also be available for public download.