What's new

RPG [ D-Gate] Card Quest 2 Yokai Buster Akane / CardQuest2 妖怪バスター・アカネ RE144136 RJ144136

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: CardQuest2 妖怪バスター・アカネ

A little guide to the extra content. First, it's recommended that you memorise the options in battle from the main game where it's all translated. You can save whenever you want by moving your mouse to the top of the game screen. It won't be translated in the extra content, but the option with (M) is Save and the option with (J) is load. You can use that in the dungeon prior to turning around cards to give yourself the bonus and to avoid trap cards and monster cards on the first turn. Charge (second option to the right)+Vacuum cut (first option on the left) will dispose of most common monsters right away. The butterflies can still zap your energy, so watch out for that.

Lesser Oni (first boss)
Pretty easy, all things considered, if you know how it works. She will instantly defeat you if you use any items during the fight, losing that way slightly changes the game over scene. Make sure you have some energy before starting the fight against her, otherwise you're going to lose. ~4 energy should be enough. In battle she can make you drunk, that can sometimes cost you a turn. She can also interrupt your concentration when you're at two or more charges. That takes one of her gourd charges away (upper left corner). Flash will also take a bunch of those away, but it won't stun her like normal enemies. The charges will never go below 2. After some turns she accumulates miasma, it can't be interrupted. She will do damage according to her number of charges in the next turn. 2 Charges=2 damage, 3 charges= 3 damage and 4 charges=4 damage. If she gets to infinite charges and she uses her special attack it's game over. Try not to let her get above three. Lastly, she can make Akane drunk. If you use your healing ability it's instantly removed. Concentrating three times also removes it while charging your sword for massive damage. Otherwise it might stun you for a turn, which can get you in a bit of a predicament if she uses her special attack during that turn. Her game over has two variations, depending on whether you lost to her by damage or using an item.
TL;DR: Use Flash if her charges get too high and make sure that you have enough HP to survive her charge attack. NEVER use any items in this fight (arrows and pills), escaping from her gourd is impossible, if I'm not mistaken.

Afterwards you and the lesser oni will be stuck in a meat wall kinda thing. First use the second option once, then use the third option. Afterwards repeat that and you get out. Anything else will not work against this event. If your miasma reaches 100% it's also game over.

Shadow Nun (final boss)
Also pretty easy. During the fight your miasma will increase constantly. After some turns the lesser oni can use her special abilities. Oni Spark deals very high damage (pretty much equal to three charges special attack by Akane) and the Evil Purification (Gourd symbol below your items) reduces the miasma by 50%. Careful, it takes some time for her to be able to use it again and if miasma reaches 100% it's game over again. You can escape the hold of this boss by using one of the red slips, if you have one. Otherwise it's the normal procedure. High HP: Try to struggle. Low HP: Cut yourself free for 1 energy. When she charges up (red flash on the screen, nothing more) she will use a pretty powerful attack afterwards that will reduce your HP to 1 and increase miasma by ~30%. Use Flash to stun her after she charges. Try to always keep one SP for Flash, keep your miasma low with Evil Purification and you're good to go.
TL;DR: Use the lesser oni for Evil Purification, always keep 1 SP for Flash and charge your sword three times for massive damage, if you have the time.

Overall it's pretty easy when compared to the final bosses of the main game, but I thought I'd save anyone the frustration of getting stuck somewhere.

Last edited:

Scherzo

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Sorry, it's a little bit inconvenient this way, but combining both would take many an hour, so I'd rather have you use this solution.
The curse of hours of copy-pasting seems to be following you across translations. Eh, because the extra scenario is basically a separate part of the game, your patch numbering work-around works well enough. I'll agree that merging the patches isn't worth your time. [Strike]...When you could be using that time to finish your Magical Girl Riiru translation instead.[/Strike]

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The curse of hours of copy-pasting seems to be following you across translations. Eh, because the extra scenario is basically a separate part of the game, your patch numbering work-around works well enough. I'll agree that merging the patches isn't worth your time. [Strike]...When you could be using that time to finish your Magical Girl Riiru translation instead.[/Strike]
Indeed, I'm starting to REALLY hate that curse. Damn, caught guilty of procastrination again. :eek: I'm back to that already and will probably update my patch there in a bit. I'm far from finished, but I'm getting there. At this point also special thanks to Stiltzkinator, without his guidance and help I'd probably never have gotten into translations of these games in the first place. He also told me of a way to fix my current problem with the patch for Card Quest 2, so I'll get to that sometime, maybe after translating all of the scenarios for Ryiru. Really, thanks a lot!

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Whoops, I've been named.

But really, the credit should all go to the person who is actually doing the translation work. I'm just glad my knowledge of the archaic toolset needed for this game is helpful to someone (and also surprised that the toolset is still in use).

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Whoops, I've been named.

But really, the credit should all go to the person who is actually doing the translation work. I'm just glad my knowledge of the archaic toolset needed for this game is helpful to someone (and also surprised that the toolset is still in use).
Damn right, I think I'll also include your name in the game, as special thanks. :D

Well, without your help I probably would have never gotten around the whole stuff, so I'd end up with the whole translation in text files without being able to put it into the game. I very much doubt that's the translation anyone would have hoped for. :D So, yeah, without that help all of my effort would've been in vain just as well. Heh, it's not THAT archaic, is it? A lot of games seem to still use it. Most of the better vore games I know were made with this (Cardquest 1/2, Silent Desire R).

T20

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I missed this game when it was newer, is there still a working link someplace that'll work with the english patches posted in this thread? I tried to buy the legitimate version but had difficulties with dlsite :(

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I missed this game when it was newer, is there still a working link someplace that'll work with the english patches posted in this thread? I tried to buy the legitimate version but had difficulties with dlsite :(
Where seems to be the problem? You can buy some points via paypal on the non-adult english dlsite and use those to pay for the game, at least that worked for me. I'd definitely encourage anyone to buy the game, since D-Gate is pretty much the best circle for vore games, if that's your thing. Music, gameplay, art, dialogue/text, I love many of the games D-Gate published, so far. But if you really can't find any way to buy it, we'll probably still be able to find a solution. Just not in the thread, if you catch my drift. ;)

T20

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I see, alright. Still having issues with my card, gave it another go, but still can't seem to get either paypal or dlsite to recognize my card, even though I don't have issues anywhere else. Hmm.

Sickenemy16

Reputation score
Hey, can someone tell me how to translate the game step by step?
every time I try to play the game I get an error message saying something about "unexpected t_symbol".

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
This game has been moved to the H-Section for deletion due to a lack of gameplay information. If you wish to preserve this thread, please PM a moderator with an updated OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.