What's new

ACT Guro [D-lis] Night of Revenge / 魔女は復讐の夜に (RJ405582)

hhh7773

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Disagree. I may have a bit of bias and may have the unpopular opinion here, but the gameplay of NoR sucks. It's so slow and clunky that I simply can't even compare them on a gameplay level. I only say they're alike in ways because the protagonists look alike and share the same visual style. Bloodstained's gameplay, however, far outclasses this on every level.
Yeah, you definitely can't go into this expecting anything comparable to a Metroidvania in terms of combat, as from the ground up it seems to be far more built around mimicking a Souls like system. Of course, funnily enough in 2D a Souls game does become more Vania like, especially in terms of level design, but with the stamina, parry, and dodge system in the game, even the way items/stats function its pretty clear what its trying to imitate. Whether it does that well or not is entirely up for debate and subjective really, though I have to say in terms of a hentai game its one of the few good ones out there from what I've played. With an english translation, and the full product it could definitely be up there in terms of the greats, and something I'd even play for the gameplay itself alone. The challenge some sections offer, especially when keeping yourself at lower soul levels, is already enough to have me working overtime here and there in terms of difficulty.

Regardless, not really using this as a way to discredit what you're saying, in general its definitely not quite as polished as something like Bloodborne/Souls games, and even some of those have gotten a bit of a reputation as feeling clunky at times from those who either don't enjoy, or don't take the time to learn the games. For me its a nice change of pace from the more direct clones of a traditional metroidvania style like you see in Unholy Sanctuary and such, though that also might partially just be due to the fact I've never really spent much time with the genre, pretty much only having played Metroid Fusion on the GBA ages ago.

In the end though, to be completely real, its still those wondrous H-animations that keep me around, and the promise of what this game could really shape up to be by the end. Between this and Succubus Heaven, I've definitely got a lot to look forward to in terms of H-games inspired by Souls.

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Nobody remind anyone that Shanoa's game has the same stamina system.

Really the only thing setting it apart from Order of Ecclesia at this point are parries and the glyph system. Hell, OoE wasn't even a metroidvania because of the level select, while this one is a bit closer in level design.

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
Nobody remind anyone that Shanoa's game has the same stamina system.

View attachment 24298

Really the only thing setting it apart from Order of Ecclesia at this point are parries and the glyph system. Hell, OoE wasn't even a metroidvania because of the level select, while this one is a bit closer in level design.
OOE was a metroidvania, only the map was segmented, but you still had to get upgrades to proceed through various areas around the levels

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score
OOE was a metroidvania, only the map was segmented, but you still had to get upgrades to proceed through various areas around the levels
Also, the level select thing is for the first part of the game. The classic sprawling map comes back into play once you get to Dracula's castle.

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
It's less of a metroidvania than Simon's Quest.
Saying OoE is a metroidvania is like saying that Megaman 2 is a metroidvania. Areas are level based through a menu and you can't go anywhere you NEED upgrades to progress until you already have them, and only NEED upgrades to get a secret bonus item by climbing a ledge or crossing a gap with Shanoa's double jumps or Megaman's Rush weapons.

Inspector_Whatsup

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
It's less of a metroidvania than Simon's Quest.
Saying OoE is a metroidvania is like saying that Megaman 2 is a metroidvania. Areas are level based through a menu and you can't go anywhere you NEED upgrades to progress until you already have them, and only NEED upgrades to get a secret bonus item by climbing a ledge or crossing a gap with Shanoa's double jumps or Megaman's Rush weapons.
The comparison doesn't exactly work, since OoE uses the level-segmented half of the game to establish and go through the Ecclesia arc. After it concludes, we get to the "Castlevania" arc, all with a castle to explore (albeit with much less density overall compared to every other IGAvania), new powerups to expand exploration, and generally nonlinear progression.
MegaMan 2 is STRICTLY level-based, and at no point deviates from this idea. And I can't think of any other game that does such a thing, either...

Belkezar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Man, OoE was a good game.

I'd say it's still an Igavania (I think the man's earned the right to that term after Bloodstained =P), but with a bunch of much smaller maps than the classic giant sprawling castle. I think all of the maps actually could've been pieced together into one big map, but the level select aspect amounted to fast travel from zone to zone. (Which certainly helped with tracking down overlooked villagers after getting the bad ending. Oops.)

Though it's been long enough since I last played it that I don't remember if you had to actually go through the maps in sequence initially (and go back through them to backtrack) and only unlocked the "level select" later.

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
The comparison doesn't exactly work, since OoE uses the level-segmented half of the game to establish and go through the Ecclesia arc. After it concludes, we get to the "Castlevania" arc, all with a castle to explore (albeit with much less density overall compared to every other IGAvania), new powerups to expand exploration, and generally nonlinear progression.
MegaMan 2 is STRICTLY level-based, and at no point deviates from this idea. And I can't think of any other game that does such a thing, either...
You say "half" but it's less than even a 1/3rd of the game. Only 4 of the 15 bosses are in the castle (since Wallman is a boss you kill in 1-hit) and the only new traversal method is Wallman's power, which you get as soon as you enter the castle, making it worthless. It's also only used to get like two secrets in the previous levels.
For the "nonlinear progression", you need Wallman's power to reach the other two routes you can choose to go down. So the most nonlinear the game ever gets is a fork in the road, since the third path is blocked until you beat the other two.
OoE, like MM2, is strictly level based. In order to go anywhere, you have to select the level. It just happens that the last level is about three times the size of the largest previous level which was the ocean area.
So since Megaman 2 at least lets you pick the order of the first eight levels, similar to how you say OoE is nonlinear for letting you pick between two paths in a forking road, Megaman 2 is less linear and more of a metroidvania.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Okay, seeing as we're having a debate about whether another game should be classified a certain genre or not I think we've gone far enough offtopic for now. Feel free to create a thread for subsequent posts on this particular discussion in the appropriate sub but let's not continue it further here.

UnHolyBlessing

Reputation score

·

日本刀を追加、異質派生で居合刀に変化するという特殊な武器です。 通常は普通に連続攻撃するタイプの刀です。 あと申し訳ありませんが、コメント返信は月末更新後にさせて頂きます!

New weapon's animation.

UnHolyBlessing

Reputation score
7/31 Ver0.28の主な変更点

バグ修正
・コントローラーだとイデアが足りなくても改造出来てしまうバグを修正。
・前々回~前回より頂いているバグは来月上旬にまとめて修正致します。
追加&変更点

Bug Fixed

MAP系
※基本的に霧にぶつかったらその先はまだ進めません。
・空中巡礼道の続きを制作しました。
ひとまずラストエリアへの入り口まで実装してます。

Added last area's entrance.

アイテムも複数個追加してありますが、宝箱のある部屋の行き方がどうしてもわからない場合はコメント欄ではなく直接メッセージかツイッターの方に頂ければお答えします。
Add items, if you can't get items from chest, please message or tweet me.

Enemy

・牛頭の悪魔を追加しました。
・浮浪者、罪人奴隷系から錠前開けの針金がレアドロップします。
Luckのドロップ確率アップはまだ実装されていませんのでご了承下さいませ。

Add bull head demon
Slaves and vagabond will drop lock pick.

エロ
H-scene
・橋街区、見せしめの入り口のゲームオーバーアニメに会話やフィニッシュ&事後を追加しました。
会話や行為が進む毎にスキンが自動で切り替わりますが、以前の様にキーボードの1~9と1+左Shiftキー、2+左Shiftキーでスキンの変更は可能です。
Add Gameover scene in "橋街区、見せしめの入り口"

・エロトラップ黒い汚塊1&黒い汚塊2の異種出産を追加しました。
上記モンスターの射精後までいくと異種着床ゲージがたまります。
前回の出産アニメとは違うアニメーションになります。
Add "黒い汚塊1" and "黒い汚塊2" 's birth scenes, different with slime's birth scenes.

・デバッグとして、ESC+5(テンキーではない)かESC+6で意図的に「着床進行」状態になります。5がスライム、6が黒い汚塊着床。
You can use ESC+5 and ESC+6 to birth scene. 5 is slime, 6 is 黒い汚塊.

・着床進行中に「↓(キーボード初期配置はS)+決定」で精液を掻き出すことができます。
ゲージが0になれば着床進行を解除する事が可能です。
いずれ着床しない敵でもとりあえず出されれば、掻き出すアニメーションを可能にしようと思います。

また、今後ゲージの進行具合で速度低下などのデバフを実装したいと思います。
Might add birth progress will make speed down debuff.

アイテム
Item

・新武器 無銘 湾れ刃(のたれば)を追加。
・新武器 牛頭の鎚大刀を追加。
Add new weapon "無銘 湾れ刃(のたれば)"
Add new weapon "牛頭の鎚大刀"

無銘 湾れ刃はスラムにあります。
牛頭の鎚大刀は、通常とは違う様子の牛頭の悪魔を探して見てください(実際は探す必要もなく見つかりますが)。
無銘 湾れ刃は異質強化をするとロマン武器へと変貌します、また納刀時にも狭い範囲ですが当たり判定ありです。ロマン武器、一度お試しあれ!
(ちなみに坂道や階段の頂点辺りで居合い斬りをすると凄い速度で移動する事があるのですが、これは現在の仕様です)
You can find "無銘 湾れ刃" in スラム area
"牛頭の鎚大刀" will drop from bull head demon.

システム
System
・武器強化のリセットを追加しました。
強化と同じ場所からイデアを消費してリセット可能です。
とりあえず動作確認版では使用した素材は全て戻ってくるので、色々試してみてください。強化後の武器はまだまだ数値など仮となります。
Add weapon upgrade reset.
You can reset weapon upgrade level by spend some イデア

・復讐の一撃(スタブ攻撃)は難易度が高い程ダメージ倍率も上昇する様にしました。

次回目標

7月目標達成
Target on July
〇・異種出産対応モンスター1体増やす(対応モンスターはわかりやすいようにアイコンをつける)
〇・GOアニメのフィニッシュ&事後を追加する(多分一つだけです)
×・武器強化に伴い敵の暫定的なHP上方調整
〇・前々回から報告頂いていたバグの大量修正
(まだまだバグはあります)
〇・MAP制作続き
〇・武器改造リセット、とりあえず素材は戻る
Add one more birth enemy.
Gameover scene's finish and after added
Bug fixed
Working on maps
Weapon upgrade reset

その他