What's new

[Complete - Full] [d_067476] Pocket Gal Hunter / ポケットギャルハンター [English Translation]

anonemuss

Reputation score
Is there any chance of you making a version including Anonemuss's NTR Capture edits?
I might make this happen, but my main focus is to translate all the stuff first. (Also you can still steal the gal in the Tokyo Dome/Arena or you can ask Anonemuss for help)
To unlock NTR for all trainers, it's kinda tedious:
  1. In the editor, go to the User Database (blue book in the toolbar).
  2. Under "Types", go to "21:トレーナー情報" ("Trainer Info")
  3. Under "Data", EVERY ENTRY IS A TRAINER IN THE GAME. You have to go to page 3 on the right, and find a box with the text "寝取り" (means "Netori", aka "Stealable").
  4. If the "寝取り" box has a 0, change it to a 1.
  5. There are 199 entries under Data, but only around 150 of them have actual trainer data. Still, I think it took me maybe half an hour? Ctrl+Up/Down helped me go down an entry without exiting the "寝取り" box, which sped things up a bit.

To unlock starter NTR is way easier once you've unlocked the trainers' settings:
  1. In Common Event 296, around line 62 (under "#パートナーはダメ" dev comment), create a Label Jump, name it something you'll remember.
  2. Then, around line 87 (right above "|Checkpoint||||||||||||||||||||||||"), create a Label Point, make sure it has the same name as your Label Jump
Good luck!
Oh, and do you know why/have fixed the strange issue where applying a TL(the old partial, and Anonemuss's) causes the game window to claim its v1.00?
This happened because I translated on top of the old partial. Basically, you have to go into the editor > Game Settings (on the very top of the editor) > Game Name (top right option).
This has "Main" as "ポケットギャルハンター" and "Post" as "ver1.00 F1:ヘルプ表示". Edit "Post" to your liking, but keep in mind that changing "Main" apparently invalidates any of your existing saves.

anonemuss

Reputation score
Uh... What? Sorry but I've never seen this one, any screenshot?
It's in the topbar of the Game, next to the exe icon. Unless you use the old partial, it's an issue that won't really happen for you, since it has to do with the editor's internal handling of the game (such as meta data in save files), rather than the game's handling of itself.

OP
bazeeeng

bazeeeng

Reputation score
It's in the topbar of the Game, next to the exe icon. Unless you use the old partial, it's an issue that won't really happen for you, since it has to do with the editor's internal handling of the game (such as meta data in save files), rather than the game's handling of itself.
Ah, so it's about the title.
Yeah, I am not using the old partial (but use some of them for references) and that's also why I didn't translate the title.

dejarie

Reputation score
Seems like you're making good progress. Will you be putting out another partial patch?

GoldGame

Reputation score
i remember this game i played the partial years ago never got far thou so thank you for translating this

OP
bazeeeng

bazeeeng

Reputation score
The new partial is here now.
^ Check the main post.

Btw, I also just started a account, maybe if you want to support me.
Thanks~

dejarie

Reputation score
Is only Elona's text translated? Amore has only a couple lines and everything else is still in Japanese, for example the scenes immediately leaving the Professors office, and entering the field to the left of the city aren't translated.

OP
bazeeeng

bazeeeng

Reputation score
Is only Elona's text translated? Amore has only a couple lines and everything else is still in Japanese, for example the scenes immediately leaving the Professors office, and entering the field to the left of the city aren't translated.
Yes. As I said in the main post "Mostly Elona", but I translated some of the Amore's part too, just not much.
Not only Amore and Elona has different dialog and different way of talk, they also have different story line.
I'm gonna translate the Amore's part after I'm done with Champion Road.

Oir

Reputation score
Played through Dungeon Party and Panic Party; your translations are crisp as hell!
Hyped for this one! Thanks for the translation!

JorgeFFC

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Played this game long ago, then re-played with partial... and will probably play all over again translated then. Hype is real lol

OP
bazeeeng

bazeeeng

Reputation score
I take back what I said, I won't make the NTR mod.
Reason : It will mess the battle. Originally you should win by default if you steal one's gal, but with just changing the value it will count as you surrendering.
There's also other reason, but this one in particular that bother me the most.

That aside, I should've said this sooner.
The translation will be release for free on May 31.
It's only available for my Patron for now, hope y'all understand.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

TyFrendo

Reputation score
thank you for the translation, i appreciate your work.
btw, how do i have enable netori? is it in a specific file

OP
bazeeeng

bazeeeng

Reputation score
The full translation is up on the main post.

thank you for the translation, i appreciate your work.
btw, how do i have enable netori? is it in a specific file
In normal circumstance netori is only allowed inside the Tokyo Dome.

If you want to edit the file, you need to have WOLF RPG Editor and know how to use it.
Then, check post made by anonemuss.

Last edited:

T2K

Lurker
Reputation score
Thank you for the translation!

I take back what I said, I won't make the NTR mod.
Reason : It will mess the battle. Originally you should win by default if you steal one's gal, but with just changing the value it will count as you surrendering.
There's also other reason, but this one in particular that bother me the most.
Is the other reason game breaking where I will be soft-locked or lose something?

Tokita

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Offtopic Discussion - Game discussion in Translation section
Does anyone know which gals can equip/use Cut and Rock Smash? There's a tree blocking the ladder on Fort Street after leaving Chiyota city.

OP
bazeeeng

bazeeeng

Reputation score
Is the other reason game breaking where I will be soft-locked or lose something
No soft lock, I think, but you will lose money and have to fight the trainer again.

thatguyinthecorner

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
No soft lock, I think, but you will lose money and have to fight the trainer again.
You could just make a seperate download for the modded version and warn people about that then. It's not that big of a loss if it let's you steal trainer pokegals it's more then worth it in my opinion.

Swisher223

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Just finished the game on both Amore and Elona. I think the CG for Tomoe under Amore is bugged. I couldn't save Tomoe's pokegal under Amore's storyline. Not a big loss considering you can get the CG under Elonaa's story. Just frustrating as I had to reload several times to try and figure out what was wrong.

Doesn't help that I can't figure out where to see a pokegal's affinity is either