Dark Gate OOC Thread

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Dark Gate OOC Thread

I kept up a changelist when I was mucking about with DG2 and DG3 rules often. I also posted every little change here in the ooc thread. No one ever bothered reading it and it ended up causing a lot of people with wildly different versions of the same rules. Some of those same people didn't even fix it when I told them they had stuff wrong of their sheets. I don't get paid for this, and it really isn't worth my time to go through a grueling thankless task like keeping track of every tiny change when people point out typos or ambiguities in stuff, or I come up with a better way of doing something and post it in when I only have a few minutes, just so people will ignore it. Check the rules relating to your character regularly. I keep the list of documents in the suggestions hub doc updated with what's basically done and what isn't, those don't tend to change that much.

At this point, I'm mostly still working on polishing off everything, adding new suggestions, converting the rituals and adding new ones, and then the new technology related stuff.

Bloodshifter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Like MAF said a changelist that outlines what has been changed not specifically just,

11/27/15 - Changed wording on *Lustful* and Blood is being a dick.

Something like that. On one of the many Docs.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I had that. It did not help me, even when I mentioned every change besides typo fixes in the OOC thread as well. I have very little reason to suspect that trying it again would produce different results. Believe me when I say that I don't think you're being a dick, that you think you're suggesting something genuinely helpful, but it's a method I've tried before and resulted in nothing but wasted effort.

Bloodshifter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Urm. How about just adding a last edit date to the suggestion doc next to the various other docs? Like

*google doc fuck long address DG4 Skills* - 11/27/15

That way those that do care can go in and CTRL+F to their Skills to see the changes? If any exist.

Or see the new combat stuff if Char sheet changes?

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I added a possible new race, maybe. Genies! The new Magic Word flaw got me thinking. Each genie has three words. Anyone who guesses one can force the genie to do one task once. So that's three tasks for anyone who knows all three words. That would be pretty damn major.

Bloodshifter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Right so Tori made the jump, but I was wondering do we have examples of what the difference between a 6 and a 7 in trades? Because I always meant for her to be supremely competent in fixing people even if she is unusually fixated on fucking people or getting fucked or seeing a butterfly and wandering off after forgetting what she was originally doing.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Right so Tori made the jump, but I was wondering do we have examples of what the difference between a 6 and a 7 in trades? Because I always meant for her to be supremely competent in fixing people even if she is unusually fixated on fucking people or getting fucked or seeing a butterfly and wandering off after forgetting what she was originally doing.
One d10 roll.

Bloodshifter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

One d10 roll.
I meant on a purely RP side.

6 is considered a Journeyman and a 7 is a Guild Master, I'm interested in the non-roll difference in Medicine, what can be considered the highest feat either one can accomplish without failure.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

At that point it's less a matter of being able to do more things and more a matter of doing them with less pain or faster. I suppose there's the greater likelihood of being able to pull of seemingly miraculous efforts too. Also, I would say it'd be hard to really draw a clear line between the abilities of a slime with no actual medical training but a lot of magical power and sympathetic understanding of biology to the abilities of a real world medical professional.

Bloodshifter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

At that point it's less a matter of being able to do more things and more a matter of doing them with less pain or faster. I suppose there's the greater likelihood of being able to pull of seemingly miraculous efforts too. Also, I would say it'd be hard to really draw a clear line between the abilities of a slime with no actual medical training but a lot of magical power and sympathetic understanding of biology to the abilities of a real world medical professional.
Not necessarily for Tori just for a general idea of the difference.

Hafnium

Despair Fetishist
RP Moderator
Reputation score

8d10 medicine obviously allows the character to remove another character's skeleton.

Without them ever noticing.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Stop scaring people. Skeletons are just a myth used to scare children and fool them into thinking that there's an actual spooky skeleton inside them.

Bloodshifter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

8d10 medicine obviously allows the character to remove another character's skeleton.

Without them ever noticing.
Do-
Stop scaring people. Skeletons are just a myth used to scare children and fool them into thinking that there's an actual spooky skeleton inside them.
Well. Yes, seriously thinking skeletons exist inside people we all know they only exist in cemeteries because they eat our dead.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I added a for DG4 as requested. And made a bunch of changes that I won't elaborate on here. No, you don't need to do anything to existing characters, particularly for the drastic changes. Added Backstory Templates though, for which I will merrily take suggestions here or in the suggestions document.

I am contemplating turning Perception and Stealth into Trades, but am not yet sold on the idea.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

If slight of hand and acrobatics are there, it makes sense to me. Stealth always struck me as kind of odd when someone with a lot of body could sneak kinda.

Bloodshifter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Having only used Stealth once and Perception a few times I can't really comment. But, what's the use of Perception now that alot of the stuff it covered now falls into Trades? Besides for detecting Stealth?

And as MAF said I found it funny that high Body characters could sneak when in plate mail or something similar. And Wizards sorta flopped at it despite rolling good on their Buffs.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

>Constantly bug Tass to start keeping a changelog
>He keeps saying 'no' because it's fucking tedious as shit to make and also basically pointless because DG4 is still actively WIP
>Continue bugging Tass for a changelog

Cool I guess?

Bloodshifter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

>Constantly bug Tass to start keeping a changelog
>He keeps saying 'no' because it's fucking tedious as shit to make and also basically pointless because DG4 is still actively WIP
>Continue bugging Tass for a changelog

Cool I guess?
Things happen to good people?

Also while looking at the Templates I noticed we lack one for actual Monsters, much like Tori, those that don't have any constructive contact with civilization.

Being relatively new to DG is it uncommon to have Monster-Class PCs that actively seek to avoid culture? Surely there has to be some precedent for those that are 'Feral' or 'Wild'?

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

That's what Basic is for. No concrete bonus for exposure to and implementation into any given culture or profession, everything based purely on race. Unless I think up something interesting for "monsters" they should always go with Basic, which is the one recommended for them.

Bloodshifter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That's what Basic is for. No concrete bonus for exposure to and implementation into any given culture or profession, everything based purely on race. Unless I think up something interesting for "monsters" they should always go with Basic, which is the one recommended for them.
Denarii deduction for one alongside Trades credit limited to stealth-if it becomes a Trade, herbalism, acrobatics, and woodcraft/hunting? Heck trap-crafting if that's a thing?