Dark Gate OOC Thread

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Dark Gate OOC Thread

I hereby suggest an alteration to the Dragonkin race, to have Pain Resistant switched out for Dragonfire Adept. Maybe give them Fire Damage Reduction ½ or something too, because those guys are pretty dang weighted down by their Easy-to-Hit flaw, and even the new shinier Pain Resistant ain't making life easier for them.

This is my opinion. I was also coerced by Spider. That is all.
No. Handing out free class Talents with races isn't something that I do lightly considering their power relative to stats and general Talents, and given that regular dragons aren't resistant to fire other than their own it wouldn't make sense if their half-breed children were.

Smokefish

Needs to go commit sudoku
RP Moderator
Reputation score

No. Handing out free class Talents with races isn't something that I do lightly considering their power relative to stats and general Talents, and given that regular dragons aren't resistant to fire other than their own it wouldn't make sense if their half-breed children were.
Oh well, was worth a shot. *Faffs back to his Ember Draconians*

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

*cough*

So~ I was looking to get ranger a companion and an idea hit me of non-combat companions. Mostly just something to RP with or to assist in the adventure itself. [it's a tiny golem fyi]

Since a full companion can do all this and much more, I really don't think he's OP by any stretch. Allowed or not? :eek:

Or shall I remake him to a full companion with combat abilities and actual health [during fights he either floats away, hides or locks down]. Though that would mean creating a whole new "Construct race" or "Construct monster sheet" <.<

Servo, non-combat companion.
Abilities:
- Flight
- Locate
- Point me
- Alarm
- Track
- Diagnose
- Eavesdrop

- Ressurection [If the heroine falls in battle and is left alone, the Servo resurects her back to 10hp, applies weakened till rested or healed to 75% health]

Hafnium

Despair Fetishist
RP Moderator
Reputation score

When GMing, that's entirely up to your discretion. It's pretty much up to you on whether or not to allow someone to do something or have something that might otherwise require a talent, skill, or other that they don't have if the fluff demands it. And in this case, it's no different from granting a character a friendly, mostly-loyal NPC, which, at this point, is something most every PC who started in DG2 has.

Last edited:

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Golem race intrigues me though Ubberific maybe you should come up with stats for it. Though Im not sure how something technically not alive would handle corruption humm.

Last edited:
OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Golems aren't playable in DG. From the lore they'd either be completely unintelligent, or fairly powerful daemons, neither of which I have any interest in allowing people to play.

Cappy

Reputation score

I just got had a brainfart that I thought might be moderately interesting. Might make an interesting impact on the world, and explain certain occurrences within the DG realm(I think). Thoughts?

Special Mutation:

Anthropomorphized
This creature was once a non-humanoid. He/She is now of a more human likeness; Mostly in shape, but also partially in thought.

Ritual:

Anthropomorphisation
Ritual Cost: 150 Denarii or one sacrifice, 14 EP+
Ritual Time: 10 hours
Ritual Requirements: Warp Shell Spirit Power, A living non-humanoid target who is either willing or helpless.

Description: The target will gain the Special Mutation Anthropomorphized, and become humanoid. For each 2 feet of difference in size(Width and Height) the cost will increase in EP by 2. Furthermore, the target will suffer a body/2 penalty to their body stat for a full week as they adjust to their new form. This does not affect their HP stat as a consequence, which will remain the same. If the target had no gender, or used a non-humanoid form of reproduction, they will receive a gender at the GM's discretion, as well as human reproductive compatibility. If the target was non-sentient before the ritual, they will suffer a Mind/2 penalty to their Mind stat until they are adjusted to sentient humanoid life(At the GM's discretion), which is generally accomplished through a mentor or teacher.

Last edited:

Aust_Nailo

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'd volunteer, but I'd need to make a second character and I haven't even started yet. Got the idea, just no actual numbers.

Hafnium

Despair Fetishist
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I think your preference in enslave-able PC gender is the opposite of MAF's, anyway. Hue.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Oh my~ To accept that you'd have to be very foolish or very brave...

Sign me up for the volunteers, maybe even an MP game ;)

[grumbles]
But first I'd need a character...
(Psi-assasin) [power blade;teleporting; ninja!]
(Necromancer) [for all your dark magic needs]
(Fledgeling mage) [because using bigger than lvl2 or 3 spells is just showing off]

Last edited:

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I am totally down for more gaem even though I already suck at keeping updated <_>

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I can offer my third character to this if there is a multiplayer thing.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'll GM a multiplayer thread if you guys have a character each who will have known or met each other previously in their backstories, and must be comrades of a sort. My reasoning for this is due to the fact that if each of you decides to play characters that are derp evil, then I might as well just GM solo threads for each of you.

Also, it seems that I have to GM something for Tassadar to become an assistant GM of sorts. Not sure why as he already has a million things to do, and that I've GM'd Dark Gate stats in the past.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hum.. humm... so there's 4 of us potential players. 4 man MP might be a wee bit overkill :D

2x 2player MP games on the other hand could work.
That is if you're feeling up to the challenge MAF. ;)

Anyone for a game of stealthy Ninja assassinations? :cool:
Been playing Dishonored and AC III mp so~ yeah :D
[Or contact me with what character you're thinking of playing if interested, we might make a fun duo]

Smokefish

Needs to go commit sudoku
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I vote for forcing RJ to GM a 4-player thread.