What's new

ACT [Datanony] Labcoax - 2d H-platformer [updated 2014-03-09]

CloudXDP

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Labcoax - 2d H-platformer

F4 for full screen
You are correct it seems.

With that, I have a couple of other criticisms. Firstly, the syringes arc over the enemies if they are too close. Might be worth adding a crouch, or changing thier directory.
Secondly, I personally dont think that the struggle before insertion should last infinately until one side wins. If it goes on too long, it should be an auto loss, have a timer or something on it.

Other than that, looks good so far. Good luck on future updates.

ServerSurfer

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I'm enjoying this thus far. I like your realistic approach on game dev, since most people think they can pull off a game with huge goals, and then quit when reality hits.

OP
datanony

datanony

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Found a bug! If you die and get grappled, you're able to break out of it and continue running with 0 HP (Until you're hit again of course)
Awesome. SethK takes the lead for finding them bugs.

I have a couple of other criticisms. Firstly, the syringes arc over the enemies if they are too close. Might be worth adding a crouch, or changing thier directory.
Secondly, I personally dont think that the struggle before insertion should last infinately until one side wins. If it goes on too long, it should be an auto loss, have a timer or something on it.
Good sir, I have the crouch function already, it's actually just missing the crouch sprite. Game design has it that you have to crouch'n'shoot some of the monsters. Crouch will be in the next update.
As for struggling indefinitely, oh you'll struggle a lot less with the sprites I'm gonna throw at you.

I'm enjoying this thus far. I like your realistic approach on game dev, since most people think they can pull off a game with huge goals, and then quit when reality hits.
I was taking on these 'huge goals' you were talking about just awhile back. Realized, and now having a much more realistic approach. And no, I'm gonna be keeping that earlier game in my safe for awhile.

muigordo

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

YES. My only complaint I think I should even mention with the game being this early on is that there should definitely be a limit on how fast you can fire the syringes or limited ammunition because there is a lot of people who can make a solid stream of those things with or without a button macro.

SethK

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

So, what kinda enemies/bosses do you have planned thus far? Just to sate my curiosity. :)

Hentar

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I am quite impressed with what I've seen. While it definitely isn't as detailed as I'd prefer, I like how smooth everything feels.

lordlubu21

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Looking good! I also am curious about the bosses.

Will there be any clothing mechanics in the game? I saw the lab coat fly right off the scientist lady. A very nice touch :)

thswherizat

Reputation score

My only complaint was the window size. Maybe, if you don't want to size everything up, you can have a zoom function during H scenes?

Stiltzkinator

Reputation score

What.

I was pretty much blown away when Kyrieru announced that he would make a quality h-action game (a game developed in the native language of this forum!), and then proceeded to deliver exactly what he promised to great effect. Now we have a similarly enticing sample of work from another noble soul, while Kyrieru continues his work on his own new game.

I don't know how to deal with this much awesome, but damn if I'm not going to have to learn how. Great stuff you have here, Datanony. Your sample is understandably basic, and yet proves you have the basics down well. I'm very much looking forward to seeing what you can do from here.

Kiva

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

suggestion, I've always wanted to see different animations for when you get caught crouching or standing/jumping don't think i have seen a game thats done that

and i just downloaded so I'll play with it when the mood strikes me it looks like it'll be good : )

Twisted1

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Looks like this could be good, but there's actually a different forum on this site meant specifically for people who are making games themselves: http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=183

The [Incomplete] tag is usually reserved for those games made by people who don't visit this forum.

reddo

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Looks like this could be good, but there's actually a different forum on this site meant specifically for people who are making games themselves: http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=183

The [Incomplete] tag is usually reserved for those games made by people who don't visit this forum.
I don't think it's a rule that it goes there. The only rule is that games made outside of this forum don't.

OP
datanony

datanony

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

So, what kinda enemies/bosses do you have planned thus far? Just to sate my curiosity. :)
Why it's a bio-lab housing testing of numerous monsters so I can pretty much put in anything. But I don't want to put in anything ... the enemies have to match that of the environment (still figuring on this). The same can be said with the bosses.
Few things I have in mind (possible spoiler):
Mecha
Humanoids - heroine's colleagues
Mirror - more like a shadow of the heroine

My only complaint was the window size. Maybe, if you don't want to size everything up, you can have a zoom function during H scenes?
I'm building a list of "nice-to-have" features and have taken note of this point. I have to tend to building tilesets and backgrounds at the moment to build the proper feel to the game. Meanwhile the "nice-to-have"s will remain secondary.

but there's actually a different forum on this site meant specifically for people who are making games themselves: [Under Construction thread]
I thought of putting it up there but there seem to be a whole lot of activity here. Thinking that more activity = more input regarding bugs and possible improvements to the game, I put it here.

Last edited:

mrxthemusic3

Homer
Reputation score

Would you by any chance be adding some futa?

Cactuses

The user formerly known as MoT
Reputation score

I'm definitely buying, but currently torn between actually getting the GM8.1 Standard or GM:Studio. GM:Studio allows for games to be made in Wndows and Mc OS X.
When it comes to buying gamemaker 8.1 or studio; big part comes down to what you plan to do ahead.

if you're keeping it simple, gamemaker 8.1 is all you need.
Studio however is offering way more options for the future so it might be useful to get.

At this current point I'd kinda suggest getting studio if the price difference ain't huge.

MajorKagami

Tentacle God
Reputation score

LabKoax.hehe I loved your game so much I couldn't help by play around with it....and(I broke stuff...)but just to give the idea of how different it could look once a background and tiles for the floor get added to it. something I did with imagines right from Google when done with art skills your going to have one hell of a game.

Attachments

ombre vengeresse

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

This game looks promising, it has good potential. Wait to see more, but the resolution is really too small.

OfficerTJHooker

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Since everyone else has already pointed out the most obvious issues at hand, I'll help by giving out game-play suggestions.

Firstly, escaping from grabs is a little too easy. Most conventional games of this type usually have some sort of arousal meter that is increased as the heroine is H-attacked, but in lieu of that you can opt to have the escapes harder as her health drops lower. The amount of damage taken from regular attacks is good, but the rape damage is a little too low.

You might also want to consider giving the ability to have a melee attack of some sort. Granted the protagonist is supposed to be a scientist instead of some super-secret agent, maybe giving her a syringe or a improvised tool instead will suffice. However, this does depend on how limited you want the player to be in this game; if you're specifically aiming for the situation where if the player is trapped in close quarters and cannot use their syringe gun for whatever reason, then not having a melee attack available would make sense.

Oh, and good work. It's definitely got the makings of a solid h-platformer so far. And I'm impressed with the sprite animations; all it needs is some good artwork and this will be a gem.

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

I personally don't think the resolution is that bad. It's not great...but it's not so bad to worry all that much about it unless you have the time. I like the animations and sounds...they're done pretty well.

The problems I have with the game as done, so far, are very few and far between.

First off, the labcoat popping off and on after every change in grapple. Not sure what you want to do with it but I'd probably suggest a pickup mechanic to it.

Second, the rape...after you ermm.."submit" or "lose", you're still dropped and grappled over and over again. Might I suggest that once you get to this point, that the creature or person who grappled you when you lost would continue to rape you over and over again without you being released?

Third, IT'S NOT OUT YET!!!!!! HURRY UP DAMMIT! hehe jk :D Can't wait to see else you create!