What's new

Deralia, Outer Rim Planet

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Deralia, Outer Rim Planet

"Pleasure to meet you both, do you mind if I have a seat?" She asked, motioning towards an empty seat. If they accepted, she'd retrieve her water and sit with them, taking a sip before continuing. "I'm unfamiliar with your species, Paddy, where did you come from, if you don't mind me asking."

((So, uh... Nice weather we've been having, eh?... ;) ))

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ethan nods towards the seat when Adaavi asked about it.

((Uh...She'd have seen a Kushiban before. Master Ikrit is a Kushiban himself.))

Right as Adaavi was returning to the table, Ethan's had shot underneath the table, and he began feeling around. The sudden narrowing of his eyes indicated that he'd found something, confirmed by him glaring down at Paddy, followed by him muttered something.

((DC 30 Listen check, if you want your character to know what it was.))

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

((Bah, there's one on council? Alright, let's just say she doesn't know about the homeworld and stuff, though she recognizes which species he is :/ that work?))

Adaavi tilted her head a bit, slightly confused at the exchange.

((Listen 1d20+2= 8. Didn't think so, but you never know))

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

16, unfortunate. The Dark-Eye stops recording but continues to watch.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

((Don't know if he's on the council, Shrike, but he's at least at the Academy.))

Paddy clambers down and skitters off, darting around the room.

Ethan fiddles with something under the table, before pulling it out and stowing it in the bag. "He doesn't seem to talk much about his past. About the only thing I know for certain about his kind is that their fur changes color, and seems to indicate his mood. White seems to be completely calm, a rare state for him. Red seems to indicate that he's getting excited or angry."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Adaavi nods understanding, taking another sip of her water. "I understand. How about yourself, are you native to Deralia?" She asks, still trying to make small talk.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Move silently 25

(Not sure if I’d have to do a hide roll for this as well.)

The little droid had come to its conclusion after it had seen the one called Paddy pull out a grenade. Catastrophic weapon failure always produced interesting results, and the Dark Eye’s programming included the setting off of grenades… it was merely a case of waiting till the bad man had moved away from the interesting woman. It couldn’t afford to let her get damaged just yet, not if she could be a good master. Besides which, Paddy’s searching was unnerving the droid, who could only assume that it had somehow picked up on the droid’s presence.

(At the moment, the droid is just moving up.)

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

((Yeah, I'm going to got ahead and require a Hide check, but for now I'll just read it as having taken 10...Which gives a DC of 32.))

(Ethan's Listen: 9+10=19)
(Ethan's Spot: 20...Critical Success)

Ethan's glance suddenly shoots to one of the corners of the room. "What in the..."

It would be fairly obvious to the Dark Eye that somehow, it had just been spotted.

"Oh, a droid."

Last edited:

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Suddenly noticed on its approach, the droid froze like a naughty child seen reaching for the cookie jar. It wasn't sure whether to play dead or flee outright - playing dead would mean turning off its stealth stuff, revealing it to everyone else, but fleeing would stop it from observing Adaavi. Focusing on the man who had spotted it, the droid slowly moves backwards...

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ethan watched the corner for a bit more, then shrugged, "Probably just a messenger droid or the like."

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

(Rolls done incorrectly)

(Actual Rolls) Move Silently 14, Hide 29

Satisfied (and surprised) that it wasn’t being chased, the Dark Eye moved to a different position and hid again. Clearly its initial plan was not going to be possible, and it would have to suffice with fuming in silence.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Adaavi looked back when Ethan saw the droid, but didn't spot the Dark Eye ((not bothering to roll, I don't get 20s)). There were a few other droids wandering around, she assumed he was speaking of one of them, and gave a shrug. "Probably." She agreed, and turned back to him, unsure whether or not he was avoiding her question, so she decided not to repeat it.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"As for myself, I'm not a local. Originally from..." At that point Ethan's comment is cut off by a chirp. He pulls out a datapad that seems to have had a modified com-link attached, and looks at the image on the screen. "Oh, great...So that's what they decided to try, huh?"

The transmitted image was 2D, and apparently taken from a camera mounted on the side of a ship. There was movement from the far end of the landing bay, and looked like a group of rather drunken thugs stumbling around.

While Ethan was watching this, Paddy scrambled back up, and darted back into Ethan's pack, carrying a small bag of his own. Ethan, meanwhile, used a series of quick hand gestures to quickly alert Sindar of something. "Excuse me. Need to go check on my ship."

Ethan stood up, grabbed his backpack, and headed out. The Mandalorians also got around and headed out, with one of the group stopping to pay for the whole group.

Outside, Sindar gave his men partol routes, and then stood for a moment shaking his head and chuckling.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"I'm coming with you." Adaavi says quickly, not sounding like she's going to brook an argument on the subject. "You guys gave me a hand, and since Sindar seems to at least listen to you, you're the one I owe. Reprimands may flow downwards, but praise tends to move against the current, hmm?" She says as she stands, quickly passing a small tip for the water, though it was free.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

By the time that Adaavi gets outside, Ethan is already out of sight. Sindar, though, is still standing there chuckling. "If they're actually going to try what I think they are, then they're dumber than I thought."

Any further comment is cut off by the sudden report of a concussion grenade coming from the docking bay. Sindar's comlink kicks on. "I was right. They brought buddies...There's only about 50 or so. Might want to head on over if you don't want me to have all the fun."

Sindar pulled his helmet on, and called the rest of his group. "You guys heard. Docking Bay, now."

That said, he began moving towards the sounds of blaster fire, readying his T-21. It was clear from his pace that he was expecting that Adaavi would follow.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

For a moment, the droid was torn. The confrontation it had spied brewing on the screen both proved to be interesting and would involve the people it had taken a dislike to, but it wanted to keep following Adaavi. And then she had made the choice for the Dark Eye, only re-affirming in its processor's eye that the woman would make a most suitable master. Although she was strangely loose with money, a rather new concept for the droid. It followed at a distance.

(...aaand I'm out of time. Assume GTS will only try to ram those who get near Adaavi, otherwise it hides. Unless it sees a way to make this more interesting, of course...)

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

When the trio gets to the docking bay, they'd find that Sindar had taken a route that allowed him to come in more or less behind the ship, which would offer a number of good hiding spots for GTS. In between the ship and the drunken, now scattered as well, thugs was a pile of cargo crates that someone in Mandalorian armor was using as an improvise bulwark. After a moment, Paddy poked his head out of Ethan's pack to toss another concussion grenade, and was loudly singing a song about foggy dew.

((I think that the mood-furred nutjob that thinks he's an IRA bomber will keep things interesting enough as it is...))

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Adaavi followed Sindar quickly, drawing a small blaster from beneath her robes. 50 targets with blasters were much more than she wished to try to close to melee with, though she considered using her lightsaber to block attacks with, and drew that as well, though she didn't ignite it just yet. Ducking behind cover with the others, she spared a moment to assess the situation before making herself known more fully...

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Something would become very obvious. Ethan was carefully lining up his shots...Then deliberately pulling just far enough off target that they'd feel the heat of the shot as it went past. It's likely that he's not trying to hurt them, but make them think twice...or piss themselves, it's kind of hard to tell.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

GTS thinks for a while, comes up with only one option, and ultimately decides that its idea of hacking the ship and running over the thugs would be damn near impossible. Instead it opts to continue watching while hidden. It keeps the idea in memory as a back up plan though, just in case...