What's new

Deralia, Outer Rim Planet

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Deralia, Outer Rim Planet

Adaavi watches Ethan for a moment, impressed, before poking out from cover herself, trying to accomplish the same thing he is. If they can scare them off without actually harming them, so much the better.

((Can't view my sheet, so you can add-subtract whatever you need: 1d20= 7))

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Adaavi's shot isn't quite as good as Ethan's...but it doesn't do any damage to the drunk. Instead, it pretty well destroys his wrist chronometer. The guy looks at it for a moment, then slurs out, "Hey, they broke my watch."

Any further action from that particular thug is cut off as one of Paddy's concussion grenades lands nearby, sending him sprawling. His buddies are sent scrambling as Sindar and his men begin laying down a variant of suppressing fire. Ethan continues his shooting pattern...

((Thug, 17+0=17)

...Until one of the thugs manages to land a grenade of his own near the crates.

"Grenade! Down!"

((Shrike, make a Reflex Save. Adaavi's total modifier is +7. DC 15. Host, GTS is out of range of it, so you don't have to make one.))

During all of this, GTS would notice that the ship is basically powered down, and there's no easily noticeable computer ports...However, scans would show that there was an active power station inside, one that might be easily accessed, once someone opened the ship up.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

((Thanks, I should sit down and write some notes on my cell for when I don't have comp access. 1d20+7= 16, whew...))

Adaavi lunged out of the way when the grenade landed, diving behind a further set of crates just in time to avoid the blast. After that, she went back to trying to emulate Ethan from her new position, carefully aiming to miss one of the thugs.

((1d20= 12, +whatever she has))

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Search Roll: 1d20 = 9 ( ), + (whatever the bonus is, for some reason my sheets aren't loading at Uni. they did last time... Alternately this could be a spot roll, whatever makes more sense.)

While the act of choosing to miss rather than hit was interesting in a minor way, the result was not. The specific events of combat tended not to be all that interesting, anyway. The droid quickly became bored - bored enough to look into the other option. It searched for an entrance to the ship. Knowing that the primary entrance door would likely be locked, the droid concentrated on other, more innocuous entrances, though if nothing suitable came up, it would simply try to hack the door.

Last edited:
OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

((+6 for Ranged Attacks, Shrike. +6 for Search, Host.))

Adaavi's attempt this time seemed a bit closer to what she was trying to do...However, a second fragmentation grenade from the thugs landed near by. Sindar obviously felt that the situation had deteriorated, as he called out, "They're getting serious about this. Take them down."

About the best option that the droid found was one of the escape pod tubes that seemed to be empty. Hacking the cover controls might be possible, but if it failed, the droid might have some explaining to do. The search did turn up that the main hatch controls were pretty heavily locked, quite possibly beyond the droid's capabilities. The tube did seem to be the most promising option.

((Okay, rather than taking up a whole bunch of time hosing Y.O.R.G.s, Shrike roll 1d20 three times, no modifiers. Host, first check to access the ship through the tube is going to be Computer Use. You've got a +6.))

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Adaavi nodded silently and ignited her lightsaber, though she kept it out of sight under the crate for now as she started lining up her shots more carefully. As much as she didn't want to kill anyone, they seemed more than willing to, as she was running out of options...

((Combat tactics for this fight- using cover, one shot a round fighting defensively, and combining that with deflect if she comes under fire for consecutive rounds (if I understood how that works correctly, dump the defensive fighting if I can't combine it with deflect while she's under attack. Still want the attack every round). 3d20= 5,20,16. Finally, some good rolls, yay! And go ahead and confirm that 20 yourself if it's an attack roll, just knowing I actually hit it good enough for me :) ))

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

The droid almost began, but found its actions pointless when the Mandalorians started actually hitting. It was bored, but alleviating the boredom wasn’t worth the risk, especially when the person the droid had been following might leave while it was exploring.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As thing began getting a bit more serious, Adaavi has some difficulties at first, but after a couple of close calls, begins relying on the Force for guidance. The impromptu battle soon turns into a rout for the drunks.

After things quiet down, Ethan leans on the crates, turning slightly to face Sindar. "We gotta get better intel on these guys. Someone's supplying them with heavier stuff that they should have."

Sindar nods. "Agreed. There's no way those nerfs should have had access to any kind of grenades. It'd be way to far out of their price range for what they're running."

Last edited:

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"So this is indicative of a larger problem, then?" Adaavi asks, slowly picking her way through the few they had actually killed, looking for anything that would link them together, and to a deeper souce, if there actually was one.

((That's right, the jedi is looting the bodies of the dead, shut up, they don't need it anymore ;P ))

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Among the bodies are little of value, mostly cheap and poorly maintained blasters, like the SBP-200. There is a BlasTech DL-22, and a few power packs that seem to be fully charged.

Sindar nods. "Yeah, if someone's supplying the street level punks, it's likely for the purpose of drawing attention away from something big."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Adaavi grabs the BlasTech pistol and the power packs, and goes back to Ethan, holding it out. "Anything this can tell you?" She asks, letting him look it over before pocketing it herself, needing something a bit better than her hold-out pistol for the time being.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Both Ethan and Sindar look the pistol over, before Ethan responds, "Not even modded...That seems standard, for a slightly more important member. Odd."

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

If what the mandalorians were saying was correct, something reasonably interesting was afoot... the droid almost wanted to take off and investigate... but it couldn't. Battery was running down, it probably wouldn't be able to get to the bottom of the mystery before loosing all power. Instead, it contented itself with going through it's memory and trying to determine who would be supplying thugs to draw attention away from something... and what that something might be.

EDIT: I probably can't make an actual check because it's 'knowledge: something', and droids can't use skills they don't have ranks in (with one or two exceptions, unfortunately not knowledge).

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Hmm..." Was all Adaavi says for a long moment. "Well, I've been sent here to investigate anything unusual, and I feel this fits. Is there anywhere we should start looking, perhaps?

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

By this point, Sindar had removed his helmet, and gave a "Your guess is as good as mine" look in response to Adaavi's question.

Ethan had apparently forgotten he was wearing one, and commented, "We really need some manner of surveillance, maybe even a droid."

Paddy's head poked up out of Ethan's pack. "You know, I'd heard about one type of surveillance droid a while back...Something called a "Dark Eye", I think...Supposed to be one of the best."

"Probably out of our range."

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

These men weren’t quite as bad as the droid had first believed… granted, twice they had stopped something interesting from happening – first at the cantina and then in the fight, by choosing not to hit anyone – but, in the end, they had finished off their opponents and were looking into something interesting… and now they had professed a wish for aid, too. GTS still considered them all too… lawful, for its own good… it was, after all, the law that would see the droid returned to nothing for developing a personality. On the other limb, it may be able to turn that to its advantage… the Dark Eye left and hid behind some crates, then turned off the stealth field and stopped trying to hide. The plan was to incur their sympathy from being almost out of power… of course, organics weren’t very smart – not their fault of course, their processors just work so slowly! – so the droid knew it would have to make the situation obvious…

The droid came out from behind the crates, careening all over the place as it went, repulsorlift unit cutting out occasionally. Two lights were flashing on and off in a rhythm, and it was making a strange beeping pattern in time with the lights – bee, boo, bee, boo, bee, boo… it was imitating a siren… not any in particular, but like all sirens it easily conveyed the idea of ‘there’s a problem!’. It made its wobbling way to the three by the ship.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Adaavi turned at the sound, noticing the droid careening around the place, and went to try and catch it before it could injure itself too badly. "Are you malfunctioning? Where is your master?" She asked slowly, holding onto it with all four arms in case the repulsorlift decides to go crazy some more.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

The droid stopped its beeping and turned off the engine when it found itself carried. It turned so the image caster was facing Adaavi, made a rather pitiful sounding mechanical noise, and displayed a list of stats using the image caster. The display had stuff including its designation number and parts and the like, but most notably, the remaining battery time - mainly noticeable because there was only one blip on the shown bar left, and more to the point, it was flashing and pulsing in time with a sound that, far in the future, would cause a great number of humans to immediately turn their thoughts towards frantically cutting grass or smashing pots. Under, in basic, was a timer currently stating that the battery had a half hour left.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Right, almost out of power." Adaavi says calmly, then turns to Ethan. "You wouldn't know of a place we could plug this little thing into, would you? Inside your ship, perhaps?"

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ethan doesn't respond for a few seconds...Until Paddy taps his shoulder.

His immediate reaction is to remove his helmet, sigh, and fiddle with something on the inside, while muttering "Mushroom..."

"Yeah, give me a moment," Ethan finally answers, heading over to the ship and apparently accessing a hidden control panel. Part of the ship is blocking what he's messing with from view, but the entry ramp opens up, pointing towards the others. He swings around one of the supports before heading up. "This way."

Inside, there's the recharge station that GTS picked up. It seems to be set up to where the droid being charged could be part of any conversation going on at the table that's also in the room. That table is also where Ethan's at. Paddy has apparently decided to leave the bag, and is perched at one of the ship's control consoles.