What's new

RPG RPG Maker [DEVIL'S OFFICE] SHRIFT (RJ209839)

Razeluxe

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
okay, so for the engagement ring. I give it to the demon I want to waifu+1 and then go through NG+ and do it again then? I can't reload a save right before because of the way Shrift saves stuff, right? or do I have to go mess with that file? Also, where was it being saved again? I've been searching through the thread and I can't seem to find where it was mentioned. Something about "common" I think?

Ginek

Reputation score
okay, so for the engagement ring. I give it to the demon I want to waifu+1 and then go through NG+ and do it again then? I can't reload a save right before because of the way Shrift saves stuff, right? or do I have to go mess with that file? Also, where was it being saved again? I've been searching through the thread and I can't seem to find where it was mentioned. Something about "common" I think?
You have to make a backup of your public save data before proposing if you want to change, you also can't marry another girl in NG+, you are locked into the one from the previous run, so you'll have to do a fresh run, backing up your publicsave

NoiRequiem

Reputation score
Last boss is complete fucking bullshit and ruined the entire game experience for me. You spend so much time having to keep the mandatory buffs on you, reducing lust, using items, and can barely land in a hit (pray to god it doesn't miss) like every 5 turns. Screw up even once due to abysmal RNG or misclicks, and you have to re-do the whole damn thing. And this is all on easy mode too, jesus christ. Did the developer forget this was a H-game and not some hardcore RPG (based off mechanics) wtf?

Shrifted

Reputation score
Last boss is complete fucking bullshit and ruined the entire game experience for me. You spend so much time having to keep the mandatory buffs on you, reducing lust, using items, and can barely land in a hit (pray to god it doesn't miss) like every 5 turns. Screw up even once due to abysmal RNG or misclicks, and you have to re-do the whole damn thing. And this is all on easy mode too, jesus christ. Did the developer forget this was a H-game and not some hardcore RPG (based off mechanics) wtf?
Daiji (Last boss) isn't that difficult if you properly use buffs and respec. Anegorami has even done a video here showing him doing the entire thing in 3 minutes on NG (with the Magnum, I'm guessing...):

In general, the only thing that's not immediately obvious is that using a Lampas Drop in the 2nd phase will make you immune to the pollen attacks, making that whole phase a breeze. In the first phase, if you forego dodging her followup off of her temptation and instead use one of the Psi Wind skills, she'll get knocked off guard, giving you a free turn to hit her. Use a Charred Salamander to respec all the points into useful perks, Auto Stamina is a god send on these fights no matter what build you're using. Agility up is nice too to make your attack hit more. If you use buffs, Cool Calm is great on the first phase, the 2nd phase is free, and Sylph Storm will dodge almost all the attacks on the 3rd phase. 4th phase is incredibly easy if you're good with the dance mechanics, she basically can't hit you.

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Daiji (Last boss) isn't that difficult if you properly use buffs and respec. Anegorami has even done a video here showing him doing the entire thing in 3 minutes on NG (with the Magnum, I'm guessing...):

In general, the only thing that's not immediately obvious is that using a Lampas Drop in the 2nd phase will make you immune to the pollen attacks, making that whole phase a breeze. In the first phase, if you forego dodging her followup off of her temptation and instead use one of the Psi Wind skills, she'll get knocked off guard, giving you a free turn to hit her. Use a Charred Salamander to respec all the points into useful perks, Auto Stamina is a god send on these fights no matter what build you're using. Agility up is nice too to make your attack hit more. If you use buffs, Cool Calm is great on the first phase, the 2nd phase is free, and Sylph Storm will dodge almost all the attacks on the 3rd phase. 4th phase is incredibly easy if you're good with the dance mechanics, she basically can't hit you.
Pretty much did Daiji on normal and Hell breaker make the whole fight into joke but the feral form were i suffered a lot by fucked up rng (getting hit with slyph 90% dodge its bullshiet), i wish would know about lampas accesory doing that also elemental damage for her slime form.

NoiRequiem

Reputation score
I have pretty much none of those items as I think I'm on genocide or something (I figured this would be easy), can't re-spec to get any op skills like Auto Stamina, and while Hell break is nice and all, when the boss can inflict like 3 negative statuses on you each turn, and you have to spend one turn removing about 1-2 or those (sometimes there's a chance it even fails), it's stupidly frustrating. Turns usually go:

Set up buffs
Boss does stupid shit
Recover from status
Boss does more stupid shit
Reduce lust/remove status
Boss does bind attack (the plant one keeps doing this and I don't have the item to make this easy) all while increasing lust
Struggle to remove binds
Boss does bind attack AGAIN and remember this keeps increasing lust (vit/stam/willpower/whatever and fine thanks to hell break)
Struggle AGAIN to remove binds
Boss finally misses an attack or does not manage to inflict statuses for once
Set up buffs

Like when the hell do you even have the opportunity to fucking attack, and every time I feel like I try to do so, I overextend, gain a bunch of lust and lose.

Having played the entirety of MGQ, I could say this game could learn a thing or two from there, where the fights are much more manageable and not subject to huge RNG.

Last edited:

Shrifted

Reputation score
All the unique items he used are available from Dr. Kurosawa back at the office, and you can respec by buying a Black Salamander from the shop machine.

Don't forget to max out your friendship with any befriended girls, you get 10 SP for each one.

Razeluxe

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
You have to make a backup of your public save data before proposing if you want to change, you also can't marry another girl in NG+, you are locked into the one from the previous run, so you'll have to do a fresh run, backing up your publicsave
alright, but where is this public save data? I'm guessing you don't just mean the data in my save folder, right?

NomNomCookiesss

Reputation score
Where is the desk in 2-1 to get the repair parts for the assault rifle? The wiki page says its at a desk in 2-1 and i'm desperately walking all over 2-1 for it and can't find it.

Shrifted

Reputation score
@Nomnom: My memory is hazy, but you can find one in a car that's in front of your path. The second is harder..... there's a sheep near the exit of Chapter 2-1. Talk to it and it says you can go behind it on a secret path. Follow the secret path behind the wall all the way to the end to find the other part.

@Razel: You need to copy the Save folder as well as the PublicData.rvdata2 file.

nossiob

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
its not updated on ENG dlsite yet, so i cant test if new content is added or just more gallery stuff

Fossil

Lurker
Reputation score
its not updated on ENG dlsite yet, so i cant test if new content is added or just more gallery stuff
It's up now and it's added the EX1 scenario, some omake stuff and a new main menu option that has something to do with Youtube. Only tried EX1 for a bit and, uh, it feels like he put a lot of work into the regular harpy fights.

Captainstarfish

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Only tried EX1 for a bit and, uh, it feels like he put a lot of work into the regular harpy fights.
I'm suffering a complete retard moment, and probably a busted save file, but how do I activate the EX dungeon?

Edit: Nvm, I missed the giant glowing crystal...

Last edited:

nossiob

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I'm suffering a complete retard moment, and probably a busted save file, but how do I activate the EX dungeon?

Edit: Nvm, I missed the giant glowing crystal...
i still havent figured it out, how do i get to the EX part?

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
The four crystals in the area with the waifus after you cleared the game, the first one is now active and teleports you to the EX dungeon with the bird monsters. I guess he plans to have four different EX dungeon updates before he calls Shrift finished?

Quendras

Reputation score
Ugh... Either i am to bad to beat the harpies (the second fight) or it is a difficult fight to begin with, since i dont have any magic or the like... and i cant really use anything as weapon except the guns

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
The normal harpies you can toss the fire bomb item at them and that usually one shots them, or you can toss a flashbang to avoid their fight. They're weak to fire so you can two shot them with magic that way. The boss harpy is another story and pretty annoying/RNG based. My strategy was to survive all of her attacks by defending and spamming the wind/AGI buff, then when she tries to eat you with her tentacles you can attack her for extra damage, only you have to pray her attack misses twice thanks to your evasion. Being hit is pretty much game over. There's probably easier methods I'm sure. She has a lot of HP so it's a battle of attrition this way.

Last edited: