What's new

Divine Arms - A magical action-adventure hentai game

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

erobotan

Well, summed it up one page ago that he'll surely release what left if it instead of whole plan.
Now the plan are to reorganize the finished resource and assemble them into some kind of prologue game toward his next project - which will not 'focus' on a lewd content anymore.

As its prequel are a lewd game, I believe it would be weird if his next project are hardly going to effected with lewdness, kinda like Fate series where 'Emergency mana transferring method' become hidden canon where every single one that know about Fate franchise origin will never forget how to transferring mana efficiency in urgent situation and how method been process.
do you know why he wont be doing H-content anymore?

and yeah, mana transfering in Fate is ridiculous now, since it's no longer a H series. Like those masters have hot servants but no one is thinking about having sex with their servant .. i mean they also get more mana as a huge bonus, doesn't make sense.

Hentaifish90

Lurker
Reputation score
Choose your poison:
So he chickened out from H games and personal issues dragged him down? Will it be under viperv his hentai studio or godseed studios, his former studio for sfw?

Can no longer see updates since i unsubscribed.

Is patreon really getting strict about h games or this just an excuse?

neutral

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
so he cancelled? ugh, its this very reason i just sub temporarily for a patreon, download what im after, then unsub again. i got scammed with breeding season, i got scammed with this shit. at least i wised up afew months ago and stopped supporting him, choosing to lurk instead. still, i was a patron almost since his patreon launched. al that money, all that time, and we never got this mythical "demo 2, its totally happening guys i swear"

E

erobotan

Choose your poison:
i see, thanks! I don't believe his tragedy story, even if it's true 2 years are still more than enough to finish another demo lol. He's a con artist all right.

saga55555

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
OH! he decided to end Divine Arm as prologue game? He's worse than Breeding Season.
Breeding Season has slow update and cancel in the end but at least they still has some update to play and new art (over and over -*-).

But Divine Arm, working 2 years without anything to play!? Is he working 5 minutes per day?
His excuse is funny. Even if it's real story. But storm isn't hit his house every day for 2 years isn't it.

blaster

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
do you know why he wont be doing H-content anymore?

and yeah, mana transfering in Fate is ridiculous now, since it's no longer a H series. Like those masters have hot servants but no one is thinking about having sex with their servant .. i mean they also get more mana as a huge bonus, doesn't make sense.
Maybe he had enough of it ? I not sure but it seems like I missed some details that he state to not 'focus' on them, not outright quitting, I guess.
Above spoiler said that he'll left some in Patrons, which mean he'll still keep them to some level and never again recruit the outsource to mass up his plan.

[Spoiler box are about my opinion to Fate-related, as it off topic - please skip if you're not interest]
It seems that in current F/GO feature many servant that behave extremely lewd some are state outright in their dialogue about things that might micro-relate to sexual intercourse while many flag for lewd event has been raise within game itself - although its not lead direct or indirectly to the scene, many fans will care to pick off what it left and continue them for Doujin work through this day. Looks like Delight Work are doing pretty good job for slap Nasu in his face to never forget what your legacy is left behind. We never when we're casually rest ourselves in our room, how many chicks were aim to directly topple their master 'mana device' even tho Chaldea are always supplies with mana that flow through the whole place and even more extra in canteen, rumor said the duo there had never let down a single servant's tongue

How about their relationship of Master x Servant then ?
I believe some servant not prefer those method based on their commonsense and moral, while we're at it - the rule of contract said that they can switch their master around as long as they can find someone suitable and capable to supply mana for them in order to maintain their saint graph after they become strayed, which mean if some disgusting perverted master offer their sexual intercourse as their mans supplement - they are doomed to piss them off and get killed in process. Even tho that have 'Command seal' but you might even need some of those to keep them at bay after they satisfy with the activities but once those seals depleted, they're dead. // Or we can just say, Nasu need to sell his work a little bit easier in that day even it might damned his works for all eternity but he can always make the alternative to explain the way to avoid lewd content as much as possible, which he does and try very hard, still no one will never forget that Fate been a low-key eroge before it rise the the trend till these days.

Apart form that, I still wonder if master is a girl and their servant is any kind of male, much they need sex to supply mana - does male cum of servant related to mana stream that they just let loosed ? Will their saint graph become weaker after that ? Does the fluid of their female master were absorb directly to their saint graph between workout as they're the mana's condense from her magic circuit ? It's kinda mindblow if you think about them but it's very funny in the same time, because the series never introduce such event but just mainstream hero-on-heroine lol

so he cancelled? ugh, its this very reason i just sub temporarily for a patreon, download what im after, then unsub again. i got scammed with breeding season, i got scammed with this shit. at least i wised up afew months ago and stopped supporting him, choosing to lurk instead. still, i was a patron almost since his patreon launched. al that money, all that time, and we never got this mythical "demo 2, its totally happening guys i swear"
Hold your horse there gentleman, he's not cancel 'all of them' at the very least.

But you didn't get taken for a fools, truth me. You had been 'support an artist' for what ever they can make off, even you didn't get to see the whole fruit of your goodwill but just help some artist to live an easier life that day even they had turn out to be a total ass today or even in future, is what all artist been looking for.
Many struggling artist are looking for a countless support from people like you everyday - don't feel bad about it, be proud.

The lesson we learned this day will still linger and they will keep remind ourselves for what we actually looking for. Should we be a part of support to help some (actual)artist out there to live a little bit easier ? Or just keep those only for our best interest, its all up to us in the end eh ?

OH! he decided to end Divine Arm as prologue game? He's worse than Breeding Season.
Breeding Season has slow update and cancel in the end but at least they still has some update to play and new art (over and over -*-).

But Divine Arm, working 2 years without anything to play!? Is he working 5 minutes per day?
His excuse is funny. Even if it's real story. But storm isn't hit his house every day for 2 years isn't it.
I been a co-worker with CG artist and I believe his speed is in a very decent work rate, his CG are not that stand out but certainly looks to have much effort to them.

But Divine Arm, ViperV have such huge asset for each enemy, there for - huge effort are needed to every single one of them - is one of a big reason he become failure to the unexpected turn of event. Not even huge effort is need, to bring them up to speed for both CG and each animation will likely to take at lease one month to make the viable.

Compare with artist that I working for, ViperV certainly didn't put enough of his time and heart into creating his content, to finishing them, to release them for the actual product. I don't want to assume any theory about anyone but I can't help it. He may intent to milking his patronage for a while but still, while recruit Chist Armin to help him out and shit happens, I can't help but think as 'now he can blame all the failure of this project because of the unexpected error in the outsourcing'

Last edited:

Hentaifish90

Lurker
Reputation score
Something has to be blamed exept for the weather so he used armin as a scape goat. Is there a way for patreon or similar forums to track developers like these and have blacklist them or keep them under closer watch?

The dudes name is Renson Gamboa or so I gather from previous games studios.

Buziol

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Something has to be blamed exept for the weather so he used armin as a scape goat. Is there a way for patreon or similar forums to track developers like these and have blacklist them or keep them under closer watch?

Nice research! I've checked the guy and it's more than likely that it's him :D
But no, it's not really possible to track someone and blacklist them for the future or anything. It's against certain american and european laws regarding the Internet and personal freedom. Patreon is too big to mess with that stuff, so that's a big no. The only thing you can do is create a list on a forum such as this and keep the record by yourself for informational purposes only.

tsmaniac

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
This looks like i guy that would'n have ethics or be lazy af.After googling him.

Last edited:

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score
Speak with your wallets. You'll see how quickly stuff magically develops if the man is in a financial pinch. Or how quickly a new half finished project gets introduced midway. Patreon developers are a wild card when you choose to support them. Some of them are constantly pumping out content, others just sit and latch to the teat of free money. Either way, it's your fault.

CDom

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I know one thing, as odd as it is to say, perhaps we should see about locking down the thread on this one or even deleting it and posting an active warning. Last thing I think anyone wants at this point is to click on something hitting the front page, glance at a "cool" project, and get roped in... or get stuck getting updates on a dead project. Just a thought from me on that.

Buziol

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I know one thing, as odd as it is to say, perhaps we should see about locking down the thread on this one or even deleting it and posting an active warning. Last thing I think anyone wants at this point is to click on something hitting the front page, glance at a "cool" project, and get roped in... or get stuck getting updates on a dead project. Just a thought from me on that.
Locking a thread or deleting it is the worst thing to do in this situation. If anything, there should be a flash warning and "abandoned" label next to the title. Let's be realistic here, the core concept is officialy abandoned at this moment.

Hentaifish90

Lurker
Reputation score
Agreed. Is there any way to rise this to moderators maybe they can put ABANDONED or DO NOT SUBSCRIBE on the title and header post.

Dataslycer

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Divine Arms author said he is the same person as the one that developed the flash game Witch Hunt. Was there any link at all to that game or was that a fabricated story?

Hentaifish90

Lurker
Reputation score
Divine Arms author said he is the same person as the one that developed the flash game Witch Hunt. Was there any link at all to that game or was that a fabricated story?
It is true i suppose. Google him up. Maybe he did witchhunt when he really needed money and divine arms in patreon gave him a shitton so he got lazy. Guy has potential but greed took over i supose

Sporadicus

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
People are pissed off that he stopped making DA, but people don't seem to think of what they were doing and he was doing. He was keeping us updated on what was happening both with the game, including things that majorly affected him (sickness, artists leaving, etc). Up until the hurricane, he was giving updates every week or two. He was acting both as a game designer and a PR manager. He was outsourcing art and animation to another guy who crapped out for moral reasons.

When he realized he couldn't make the game up to his standards (which from what I see in the animation and gameplay looked pretty high), he did his best to alert folks to stop giving money AND refunded what money he could.

Patreon is designed as a patronage site, not a sales site. You support people on Patreon because you like what they are doing. Too many people are expecting an actual product. You should be expecting a chance that you get that product. You can get benefits from that patronage, yes, and most of it is in the form of exclusive posts and artwork. At least on Patreon, unlike kickstarter, you aren't putting a large amount at once and you can stop giving extra money whenever you feel like it.

When a game maker asks for money on Patreon to create a game, consider it a gamble. Seriously, WTF are you people bitching about other than you lost money gambling on a project you were crowdfunding with the hopes that he succeed? Just like the lottery, you are putting money into it with the hopes that you get a big reward. We all put money in with the gamble that we'll be getting a special version of the game when it came out. We all lost on this bet. Unlike a lottery, though, we were able to talk personally with ViperV and get a few tidbits of info first-hand that no others get.

Next time you put money into Patreon, put it with the realization that you are just supporting the team to do what they want to do. Don't expect to get a product. The most you can expect from Patreon these days is that you might get posts that non-backers or lower-tier backers won't get.

Buziol

Demon Girl
Reputation score
He was keeping us updated on what was happening both with the game, including things that majorly affected him (sickness, artists leaving, etc).
We explained this already. In short: these updates were believable for the first year of development. I spent 5$ in October to make sure I didn't miss any content for the regular patreons. Almost none of it should ever be behind paywall for the reasons other than "we want free stuff".
When he realized he couldn't make the game up to his standards (which from what I see in the animation and gameplay looked pretty high), he did his best to alert folks to stop giving money AND refunded what money he could.
The problem is with the fact that he realised that way too late and now it simply doesn't make sense. I want to believe this guy but I can't.
When a game maker asks for money on Patreon to create a game, consider it a gamble. Seriously, WTF are you people bitching about other than you lost money gambling on a project you were crowdfunding with the hopes that he succeed? Just like the lottery, you are putting money into it with the hopes that you get a big reward. We all put money in with the gamble that we'll be getting a special version of the game when it came out. We all lost on this bet. Unlike a lottery, though, we were able to talk personally with ViperV and get a few tidbits of info first-hand that no others get.
Nicely done! You've just destroyed your own logic with the comparison "Patreon is like a gambling or lottery". I simply cannot believe someone tried to defend Patreon with this argumentation :D You realise that more than 80% of all gambling and lotteries in the world are rigged scams in more ways than one? LOL...
Next time you put money into Patreon, put it with the realization that you are just supporting the team to do what they want to do. Don't expect to get a product. The most you can expect from Patreon these days is that you might get posts that non-backers or lower-tier backers won't get.
People have every freaking right to expect a product since it's not a charity. They're not helping him out of kindness but because they believe it will help him make something of value. The term "Patronage" means something to you? If not, check the history on wikipedia. It wasn't about "gimme money cause I need it". It was always about "have money and make good use of it!". Until he shows us the product as a proof of his "good use of money for artistic purposes" he's nothing more than a lazy bum.

Hentaifish90

Lurker
Reputation score
People are pissed off that he stopped making DA, but people don't seem to think of what they were doing and he was doing. He was keeping us updated on what was happening both with the game, including things that majorly affected him (sickness, artists leaving, etc). Up until the hurricane, he was giving updates every week or two. He was acting both as a game designer and a PR manager. He was outsourcing art and animation to another guy who crapped out for moral reasons.
Sorry to brake your heart but we did a research. This guy lives in the city and the only 2 hurricanes that hit philipines this year affected province hundred of miles away. His profile is now hidden but you will see he is from the state of las pinas which does not make sense. My feel is he lied even with this excuse. Google is your friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.