What's new

Divine Arms - A magical action-adventure hentai game

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

erobotan

menzstudio's comment is pretty much all you need to know whether this is a scam or an honest mistake
But Divine Arm, working 2 years without anything to play!? Is he working 5 minutes per day?
His excuse is funny. Even if it's real story. But storm isn't hit his house every day for 2 years isn't it.

jk103

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'd just like to point out that's it's been a month, and he's STILL advertising Divine Arms on the front page of his Patreon as if he's still going to finish it. The only way to find out he's stopped is to give money. This is extremely dishonest and scammy.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score
It's pretty sad. Clearly there was a ton of talent there. I fapped to the h scene in the demo and only the h scene in the demo for almost a whole week. That's big for me.

MartinX

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Surprise announcement - the new release will be up tomorrow:

CountMoxi

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Also along with the v1.90v demo coming out tomorrow, there will be a v2.0 demo later in December along with campaign changes which I'm guessing will be the switch to less NSFW games and making this one a prologue. It doesn't excuse the literal years without showing solid progress ( and I'm still skeptical on whether the demos will actually be released), but at least it's a step in the right direction.

Lumino

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
He's pretty much used up every ounce of good will. Now he's got to present something if he wants any consideration again.

Buziol

Demon Girl
Reputation score
So I checked his post about this whole release and now I'm growing optimistic. The image in his post (the one with leg and dripping cum) is really teasing and that's what makes me wonder. How could he mess things up so much with his talent and potential is simply beyond me...

Sporadicus

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
We explained this already. In short: these updates were believable for the first year of development. I spent 5$ in October to make sure I didn't miss any content for the regular patreons. Almost none of it should ever be behind paywall for the reasons other than "we want free stuff".
I'm agreeing with you here. Information about the game developing SHOULD be at one of the lowest levels. either $1 tier or even the $3 tier. $5 is a bit high to be getting something other than exclusive pics/animations.

Nicely done! You've just destroyed your own logic with the comparison "Patreon is like a gambling or lottery". I simply cannot believe someone tried to defend Patreon with this argumentation :D You realise that more than 80% of all gambling and lotteries in the world are rigged scams in more ways than one? LOL...
I figured I shot myself in the foot with that reasoning. I'm still standing by this, though. Everything on Patreon is a gamble. If you don't like it, don't pay the fee for the gambling. With Hentaifish's explanation of his location, the odds became a bit more lopsided. I had already dropped my donation to $1 with the hope that he'll have the game out sooner rather than later.

People have every freaking right to expect a product since it's not a charity. They're not helping him out of kindness but because they believe it will help him make something of value. The term "Patronage" means something to you? If not, check the history on wikipedia. It wasn't about "gimme money cause I need it". It was always about "have money and make good use of it!". Until he shows us the product as a proof of his "good use of money for artistic purposes" he's nothing more than a lazy bum.
I understand the meaning of the word patronage. Thanks for the wikipedia reference, though. People wanted him to do what he wanted to do, so they paid him. They're angry because he didn't show enough progress to justify the money we were giving him. Unlike the old patronage style, we can't kick him out of our house or behead him for putting out shitty content. All we can do is not give him money.

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
Surprise announcement - the new release will be up tomorrow:
I must say I really thought he was just gonna take the patreon money and ditch the whole project. Guess I was wrong, let's hope he continues updating it

E

erobotan

how much content in the new demo? I hope it's worth 2 years of development, the amount of content should give a good info on whether this is still a scam or he is seriously working this time.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score
Keeping quiet and just doing the work is a smart way to handle it. However, if there is not enough content, it won't be much better. Still skeptical about this shady dude.

Note: Isn't today already tomorrow...

pewpewsmurf

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
lol I see the comments on his patreon burning up xD
Sigh all these failfish game devs wannabe nowadays..

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score
His computer is having problems. He's going to go to his friend's house "first thing"

Does that mean tomorrow? Or right now? 0_0

MartinX

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
New demo is finally up for patrons on his campaign page!

pewpewsmurf

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
lol $10 pledge for cheats.
Idk man.. idk. Is that how game devs roll nowadays? The dev from another game that I pledge to actually message us to remind us about the cheats, not charge us extra just for it.

Games Dude

Lurker
Reputation score
Patrons do have the demo, the link for it's going public in a week. From the comments though, it seems really buggy. Hopefully those get patched out in the next week.

Buziol

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I wonder if I'm missing something or the another lie is in place. In public post he said: "For those who are no longer a patron but still have the previous link to the stage demo, I am glad you still have it because I will upload the demo in the same directory tomorrow.". I'm looking over the links I saved last time and there's nothing new(both public and patreon dropbox). Did he just changed his mind and made a new link?

MartinX

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I wonder if I'm missing something or the another lie is in place. In public post he said: "For those who are no longer a patron but still have the previous link to the stage demo, I am glad you still have it because I will upload the demo in the same directory tomorrow.". I'm looking over the links I saved last time and there's nothing new(both public and patreon dropbox). Did he just changed his mind and made a new link?
He said in his post that the previous dropbox link was leaked in one of the public posts (it was in the comments), so he made a new one.

Last edited:

Allsop2604

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
So is it an appropriate amount of content for what was it, two years of 'work'?

Status
Not open for further replies.