What's new

DLSite Game Manager 0.3.3

Dai_Mazoku

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I have honestly no idea what triggers antiviruses.
Original 0.3.3 version has same problem.
Anyway, it's a false positive - source code is open and can be checked by anyone, and compiled executable can also be easily decompiled.
Many thanks, I'll try to add it to the exclusions then :)

axyviqucy

Reputation score
Seems like the connection to DLsite is failing, any idea what it could be? Seems to have happened randomly, can't establish the connection at all (be it from connecting to or via DownloadPageData or to an RJ directly via UpdateGameInformation).

axyviqucy

Reputation score
It fixed itself actually, must have been a temporary issue on DLsite's end (or mine).
EDIT: It does seem to be having issues getting the correct images (only gets a small one) and the tags but not too bothered by that.

axyviqucy

Reputation score
Good point... As I was trying to fix the issue when it first appeared I must have disabled them somehow with a setting (I have everything toggled off and don't remember doing it individually for each box so must have been another setting...)
Thanks.

Yilin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I ran the program after a long time and accidentally had it sort all my trial games as if they were the full game. Fault is on me and I guess I can always rename it in the manager after downloading the info and before renaming the path, but still...

As a suggestion, maybe a way to differentiate between trial and non-trial games? Officially, trial games are labelled as "RJcode_trial" by DLsite and maybe the system could check for that and label or rename those as trials in the list.

The renaming template accepting more fields could also be nice, like maybe it could accept Comments which could then hold Trial as a comment, to put them in a different folder than other games.

Last edited:

phantasmx

Lurker
Reputation score
As a suggestion, maybe a way to differentiate between trial and non-trial games? Officially, trial games are labelled as "RJcode_trial" by DLsite and maybe the system could check for that and label or rename those as trials in the list.
You mean, if path to game contains "_trial", then add something to differentiate, like "trial" tag for example?

Yilin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
In my mind, ideally it would be some sort of implementation that lets me filter out trials and let the renaming/organizing feature label my trials and/or move them into a different folder separate from my full games so I can easily find them in Windows Explorer.

But after messing with Game Manager a bit more I think it's a pretty trivial thing, so you can ignore my last post. I can label trial games as Trials in the Comment field and have them organized with my full games, and it's not really a problem if I just find and delete them using Game Manager instead of Windows Explorer.

The only problem I can find now is that the Comment field cannot be sorted, unlike RJcode/Name/Circle/etc.

170522-195521.png vs 170522-195525_GameManager.png

Yilin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Seems like the manager can't download info for games that haven't been released yet? I tried it on RJ344418 (which has a trial so there is an exe) and it threw up an error.

phantasmx

Lurker
Reputation score
Seems like the manager can't download info for games that haven't been released yet? I tried it on RJ344418 (which has a trial so there is an exe) and it threw up an error.
It was broken but should have been fixed in v0.48.

Yilin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
...Oh. Didn't notice the stealth update. Feels like you've done enough to warrant a new sticky thread for your version of Game Manager, really

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I have a couple of feature requests.

First, could we be given the option or have it not delete cover and sample images if we choose to redownload info? It's not a big deal, but trying to redownload info for a work that has been removed from DLSite will delete the images that exist for the work's entry in Game Manager.

Second, could we be given some more search syntax for ctrl+f? I would sometimes like to search for works that have one tag without another, or search for works where I didn't write a specific word in a comment. If this is already possible please let me know.

Finally, bug report, I get an error when I try to download the info for RJ252123, which is an announced game. It throws a "SQL logic error or missing database near ";": syntax error." message.

ロスト

Reputation score
I made a mod with some fixes, tweaks, additional functions, and also basic voice works support for Lux's DLSite Game Manager 0.3.3. Hope Lux wouldn't mind me posting it here.

Current mod version 0.48

General Changes:
  • Reworked logic for scanning folders when adding works - not only executables will be added, but also any non-empty folders with RJ code in name, and some additional file types, which can be specified in <Extensions> setting in Settings.xml (for now there are playlists, which will be handy when managing voice works). This will allow batch-adding of any types of DLSite works, not only games. Also replaced most instances of "game" word in UI with "work".
  • Recompiled targeting .NET Framework 4.6.2 to enable long paths support (> 259 characters) for Windows 10 Anniversary Update (1607) and later.
  • Tags are now pulled from english dlsite even when there are no english page instead of translating them (by 3-digit tag codes using english dlsite advanced search page as a reference).
  • Added option to download tags from user reviews.
  • /Announce/ tag will be added for announced works.
  • Fixed Google translate for titles.
  • Added "Auto Set Category From DLSite" option.
  • Added "Rename/Organize by template" context menu command, "Renaming template" settings field and "Use \ to organize in folders (relative to Main Folder)" checkbox (see Instructions spoiler for details).
  • Added "Update Path" context menu command for the cases when folder or file was renamed or moved. This function will try to find new path by searching RJ code in parent folder (to existing path) or main folder (if set in settings). Also it will search for eligible files (executables or playlists) in existing work's folder (see Instructions spoiler for details).
  • Added <FileManagerPath> and <FileManagerArgs> setting in Settings.xml to allow opening work's folder (via double-click or "Open Containing folder" context menu) in external file managers (e.g. Total Commander) instead of Explorer (see Instructions spoiler for details).
  • Works can now also be added by drag and dropping text file with RJ codes (all RJ codes will be read, other text will be ignored). Can be helpful to quickly check lists of works (such as pastebins or IRC listings).
  • Added "Download info" context menu command to allow batch downloading info for already added works.
  • Fixed "Failed to connect to DLsite" error when there are no sample images.
  • Fixed not downloading no_img image for announce works without cover image.
  • Fixed rare situation of images not downloading when there are cover with RE code but list image with RJ code.
  • Increased padding between rows in main list.
  • Made word-wrap and autosize for rows for tags in info window.
  • Made separate "Look for RJCodes in folder paths" and "Look for RJCodes in file and folder names" settings.
  • Made comments searchable.
  • Ratings can now be changed directly in the Rating column in Details view.
  • Added decrypting and unpacking of assets for RPG Maker MV games.
Voice works support specific changes:
  • Added option to download HVDB info for voice works (tags, CVs and english title).
  • Added "Prefer HVDB English Title" option when there are different DLSite and HVDB english titles.
  • Added "Filter CVs" option - as HVDB has in most cases both english and japanese names for CVs, but no means to distinguish them, I implemented simple filter - if number of japanese names for CVs is equal to number of english names, download only the english, else - download all.
  • Added "Open HVDB Page" to context menu.
  • If there are playlists (m3u, m3u8, pls, aimppl, aimppl4, cue) in work's folders, they will be added as work's path automatically during adding works, and can be played by double-clicking on work in program window.
Instructions:
Adding works to manager:
  • For best results make sure that for DLSite works folder names contain RJ code (RE, VJ, BJ codes also count), and for non-DLSite works folder contain one executable or playlist file (one per folder).
  • There are two preferred ways to add works:
    • Drag and drop individual work's or entire collection's folder(s) into program's window - this will add all works even if they are already in the list.
    • Use Action -> Add Games menu command - this will scan a specified folder and will add only works that are not already in the list. Specified folder will be set as Main folder.
  • Both ways any non-empty folders with RJ code in name will be added as DLSite works, also all executables and playlists will be added regardless of names. Additional file types can be specified in <Extensions> setting in Settings.xml. Files with specific words in name (such as config, unins, setup) can be excluded from the scan via <FilesToIgnore> setting in Settings.xml.
  • Path to any file in scanned folders must not exceed 259 characters if your OS is earlier then Windows 10 Anniversary Update (1607), or the scan will hang (this limitation exists in original program). Path lengths can be checked with this program for example
  • For Windows 10 Anniversary Update (1607) and later long paths support can be enabled, instruction can be found here for example:
Using "Rename/Organize by template" context menu command, "Renaming template" settings field and "Use \ to organize in folders (relative to Main Folder)" checkbox:
  • Renaming template may contain {rjcode}, {title}, {circle}, {category}, {cvs} tags, which will be replaced with corresponding values during renaming, also {foldername} tag can be used, which will be replaced with current work's folder name. At least {rjcode} or {foldername} tag must be present.
  • Example template: {rjcode} [{circle}] {title}
  • When "Use \ to organize in folders (relative to Main Folder)" checkbox is checked, backslash can be used to specify folder structure relative to Main Folder. {rjcode} tag must be in the part of the template after last backslash.
  • Example template with folders: {category}\{circle}\[{rjcode}] {title}
  • If unchecked or Main Folder is not set or work's folder is outside of Main Folder, only part of the template after last backslash will be used for renaming.
  • Works without RJ code will be ignored.
  • Path will be updated automatically.
  • Be vary of long titles, as to not exceed 259 characters path length limit if not supported by OS.
Using "Update Path" context menu command:
  • This function will try to find new path by searching RJ code in parent folder (to existing path) and/or main folder (if set in settings). Also it will search for eligible files (executables or playlists) in existing work's folder. Useful in following cases:
    • Work's folder was renamed.
    • Work's folder was moved to subfolder of current folder.
    • Work's folder was moved to main folder.
    • In work's folder playlist or exe file was created, renamed or deleted.
Using <FileManagerPath> and <FileManagerArgs> setting in Settings.xml to allow opening work's folder (via double-click or "Open Containg folder" context menu) in external file managers (e.g. Total Commander) instead of Explorer:
  • For Explorer (default):
<FileManagerPath>explorer.exe</FileManagerPath>​
<FileManagerArgs>"{0}"</FileManagerArgs>​

• For Total Commander (change path if needed):
<FileManagerPath>c:\Program Files\Total Commander\TOTALCMD.EXE</FileManagerPath>​
<FileManagerArgs>/o /s /L="{0}"</FileManagerArgs>​

Compiling from source code:
  • Download Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 or later (I used free Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017).
  • When installing, choose .NET desktop development and .NET Framework 4.6.2 development tools.
  • Open \GameManager.src\GameManager.sln in Visual Studio.
  • Press F5 to compile.
  • Compiled executable will be at \GameManager.src\GameManager\bin\Release\GameManager.exe. Move it to main folder.
Download mod (source code included):
v0.46 - Fixed DLSite ratings and Google Translate for titles.
v0.47 - Added decrypting and unpacking of assets for RPG Maker MV games.
v0.48 - Fixed adding announced works.
Why is it detected as a virus by my antivirus?
Virus total also detects alot of virus inside of the zip; 1659357608965.png

Last edited:

phantasmx

Lurker
Reputation score
Why is it detected as a virus by my antivirus?
Virus total also detects alot of virus inside of the zip
False positive.
Same problem both with original Game Manager 0.3.3 and my mod.
I think i found what triggers antiviruses - GameManager.exe has embedded arc_conv utility, which is used to unpack Wolf RPG archives.
arc_conv is well known unpacker of game resources, but triggers antivirus heuristics.
I tried to compile arc_conv myself from source code which can be found here
And it is still flagged by almost half antiviruses on VirusTotal, same as Game Manager.
The only way to make Game Manager not to trigger antiviruses would be to remove arc_conv and ability to unpack Wolf RPG.
Since both Game Manager and arc_conv have their source code available, i don't see any reason to do so.

ロスト

Reputation score
False positive.
Same problem both with original Game Manager 0.3.3 and my mod.
I think i found what triggers antiviruses - GameManager.exe has embedded arc_conv utility, which is used to unpack Wolf RPG archives.
arc_conv is well known unpacker of game resources, but triggers antivirus heuristics.
I tried to compile arc_conv myself from source code which can be found here
And it is still flagged by almost half antiviruses on VirusTotal, same as Game Manager.
The only way to make Game Manager not to trigger antiviruses would be to remove arc_conv and ability to unpack Wolf RPG.
Since both Game Manager and arc_conv have their source code available, i don't see any reason to do so.
I see... In this case would it be possible for you to make two releases of the manager; One with the arc_conv and the ability to unpack Wolf RPG and one without? That way those of us who just want to use it as a folder organizer/namer can do so without havign to worry about antiviruses triggering and deleting the file as often as it does?