What's new

DLSite Game Manager 0.3.3

HappyGoomba

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: DLSite Game Manager 0.1

Oh! My! Non-denominational Deity-like Being!

This is great.
I especially like how you don't change the underlying game directories. It's also nice that it found the games I had marked with RE numbers instead of RJ numbers. The right click extraction feature is also awesome. I've only been fiddling with it for a half-hour and I'm just blown away.

If you do decide to add features, some things I'd like to see:

1. Hook into online translators to automatically translate or transliterate titles, tags, etc. for games not on the English DL site.

2. Grouping in the title sort by initial letter.

3. Automatic adding of translation patches or other mods.

4. Option to rename the .rgss* file after extraction instead of the current choice of delete or not.

5. Dedupe. It could recognize when you have games with the same RJ numbers and check the rgss* file to see which is newer. Then give you the option of deleting one or keeping both, maybe offering a chance to change a title.

6. A data element for language, should be able to keep track of partial.

Again, thank you for a thoroughly wonderful piece of software.

Last edited:

bootresha

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Code:
WebClient downloader = new WebClient();
downloader.Encoding = Encoding.GetEncoding("EUC-JP");
string html = downloader.DownloadString("http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=825238&gc=gc");
File.WriteAllText("C:\\html.txt", html);
Yes, I am using .NET, so thankfully I can use that.

I guess I was stuck before because I tried to download HTML files of the page, which works for DLsite, but not for Getchu. And also, because I forgot to add gc=gc, because I didn't know what that meant at the time.

Code:
downloadClient.DownloadFile(URL, saveName);
Where URL is something like [U]http://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/[B]RJ143025.html[/B][/U]
And savename is just the name of the file.
So I'm supposed to be downloading string instead. Today I learned something.

runeflare

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

You can add flash games by dragging and dropping the swf files into the program window. You can also add them with action -> add game if you change the filter in the bottom right from "executable or archive" to "all files".

If you're running games with agth, you need to uncheck "run game with agth" in the properties menu of each flash game because agth will crash if you try to run it with an swf file. I'll try to improve flash game integration in the next version. I only have a couple of flash games myself, so these things didn't cross my mind.
That is great thank you!

*Edit* Nevermind the issue. I dug into the settings and saw the DLSite tab in the settings.

Time to start renaming things. Seems it pulls the title from the folder and not the file itself. No biggie.

An example of a SWF game on DLSite. (Also has an English version)

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Moonchaos

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Good work, still room for improvements but great deal already done :)

Reminder: Save the Source Code on a extra place as Copy, my brother has done a simiular action but lost all due a harddrive crash.

Edit: Mhh, bad for me i renamed almost every Game so he only found 2 out of 153 Games and one even wrong, Vitamin Quest he found a sound DLSite Kit but not the game itself

-/+ But easy to fix, just add a empty Textfile and name it with the RJ or RE number
+ Nice you can edit the translation Settings for each game seperate
- Scan finds several games which are only files from the game (mostly if more then 1 .exe file exist? my guess)
- Older titles are not promoted via DLSite anymore
+ please add an edit function to add Pictures via UI for Games which dont have a RJ/RE number

PS: Damn my files are over 50 GB in size >.< (all RPG/Wolf Maker Games)

Last edited:

BunnyBunnyBun

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Can it extract .wolf files? Many wolf rpg games I have don't have a single data file, but rather have a data folder with individual .wolf files for each type of data. I imagine they are compiled just the same, however the program doesn't notice them

OP
L

Lux

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Oh! My! Non-denominational Deity-like Being!

This is great.
I especially like how you don't change the underlying game directories. It's also nice that it found the games I had marked with RE numbers instead of RJ numbers. The right click extraction feature is also awesome. I've only been fiddling with it for a half-hour and I'm just blown away.

If you do decide to add features, some things I'd like to see:

1. Hook into online translators to automatically translate or transliterate titles, tags, etc. for games not on the English DL site.

2. Grouping in the title sort by initial letter.

3. Automatic adding of translation patches or other mods.

4. Option to rename the .rgss* file after extraction instead of the current choice of delete or not.

5. Dedupe. It could recognize when you have games with the same RJ numbers and check the rgss* file to see which is newer. Then give you the option of deleting one or keeping both, maybe offering a chance to change a title.

6. A data element for language, should be able to keep track of partial.

Again, thank you for a thoroughly wonderful piece of software.
Thank you for the detailed feedback. I like your suggestions and most of them should be quick to implement. You can expect to see some of them in the next update. Adding and removing mods to games has a lot of complexity to it, though, especially if one game can have several mods, so that's not something I will be working on in the near future.

- Scan finds several games which are only files from the game (mostly if more then 1 .exe file exist? my guess)
+ please add an edit function to add Pictures via UI for Games which dont have a RJ/RE number
Yeah, a game will be added multiple times if its folder contains more than one .exe file. I know it's annoying, but it's usually impossible for the program to determine which .exe file is the correct one.

You can already add pictures to games without an RJCode by right clicking the image panel in the top right corner (the empty space where other games have images) and clicking "add new image". The image will be copied to the "images" folder, so you can delete the original one.

Can it extract .wolf files? Many wolf rpg games I have don't have a single data file, but rather have a data folder with individual .wolf files for each type of data. I imagine they are compiled just the same, however the program doesn't notice them
The "extract cg" option will only extract archives containing images, that being the data.wolf and evcg.wolf archives. If you want to extract wolf archives with other names, you need to use action->extract cg in the top left corner, which lets you specify the file name.

moldiver

Demon Girl
Reputation score

thx for the nice software

i was thinking about a playing now or favorite if u have long list this will take some time to find game ^^; so add something for the games we r playing now and done too if u finish the game ^^ that will be nice

sorry about my bad english ^^

thx agine

HappyGoomba

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Thank you for the detailed feedback. I like your suggestions and most of them should be quick to implement. You can expect to see some of them in the next update. Adding and removing mods to games has a lot of complexity to it, though, especially if one game can have several mods, so that's not something I will be working on in the near future.
Well, I wasn't thinking of anything fancy, just extract, copy in the files and delete/rename the .rgss. You could also give an option to duplicate the game. I don't see any reason for the program to try to keep track of all the mods.

Yeah, a game will be added multiple times if its folder contains more than one .exe file. I know it's annoying, but it's usually impossible for the program to determine which .exe file is the correct one.
You could ignore agth.exe (or offer that as an option). Most of my duplicates came from having a copy in all my Wolf game folders.

You can already add pictures to games without an RJCode by right clicking the image panel in the top right corner (the empty space where other games have images) and clicking "add new image". The image will be copied to the "images" folder, so you can delete the original one.
Lots of fun. I even made 100x100 icons for the list images for my non-DLSite games. :D

Just to show how much I'm geeking out about this program, you now have a place between PowerShell and RPG Maker:

Attachments

Slimeria

Demon Girl
Reputation score

This little program has made one of my biggest hobbies such a better experience. Organization was always a pain and with RJ##### folders everywhere, extra extraction folders left over and having to manually rename everything to where I could understand what the game was, without making it so I could no longer find the original name or RJ##### to look up was a nightmare. A program that not only scans for the games, but also uploads them with names pulled from english dlsite and the tags, along with pictures and icons? Just fabulous. Thank you so much for your program; it's been the best community download I've had from here.

jur07dbe

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

does this work only with games, or does it organize everything that's still listed on DLsite?

moldiver

Demon Girl
Reputation score

hello

found something the software did not recognize the VJ code if u can fix that it will be nice

thx for the hard work nice software

Ganonxchii

Demon Girl
Reputation score

is this happening because I'm using English local nope its avast

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
L

Lux

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just to show how much I'm geeking out about this program, you now have a place between PowerShell and RPG Maker
Hehe, I am honored :D

i was thinking about a playing now or favorite if u have long list this will take some time to find game ^^; so add something for the games we r playing now and done too if u finish the game ^^ that will be nice
I think the features you are looking for are already there. To keep track of your favorite games, you can give them a 5-star rating (pink smiley face) and click on the rating column. Your favorite games will then be displayed at the top of the list. To display games you have recently played, display the 'last played' column by right clicking the column header and group by it. The games you have played this month will then be grouped together at the top of the list, and the games you have never played will be grouped together at the bottom of the list.

does this work only with games, or does it organize everything that's still listed on DLsite?
It can organize any file on your hard disk that is associated with an RJ-code or RE-code on DLsite.

found something the software did not recognize the VJ code if u can fix that it will be nice
Adding support for VJ-codes would be quite a lot of work, so I probably won't implement this unless more people request it. Sorry.

is this happening because I'm using English local?
No, I'm using the program with English local with no problems. I suspect your error has something to do with the location you're running it from. Try moving it someplace else, like C:\GameManager\GameManager.exe.

Ganonxchii

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hehe, I am honored :D

I think the features you are looking for are already there. To keep track of your favorite games, you can give them a 5-star rating (pink smiley face) and click on the rating column. Your favorite games will then be displayed at the top of the list. To display games you have recently played, display the 'last played' column by right clicking the column header and group by it. The games you have played this month will then be grouped together at the top of the list, and the games you have never played will be grouped together at the bottom of the list.

It can organize any file on your hard disk that is associated with an RJ-code or RE-code on DLsite.

Adding support for VJ-codes would be quite a lot of work, so I probably won't implement this unless more people request it. Sorry.

No, I'm using the program with English local with no problems. I suspect your error has something to do with the location you're running it from. Try moving it someplace else, like C:\GameManager\GameManager.exe.
tried it it doesn't work . i also tried re-downloading doesn't work.
note i'm running a fresh installation of win 7 home premium all up to date

cmacleod42

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

is this happening because I'm using English local?
I would suggest the error is because of the location you are running it too. You say you moved it make sure to put it
a) on your local harddrive
b) in a folder that you have full rights to, say the Documents folder or Downloads

Ragtime

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I made an account and went through the rigmarole of getting it verified just to say thanks for this wonderful piece of software, it is brilliant. (I daresay it is good enough that it should be Stickied to the front of the forum)

I was wondering if there was any way for me to add custom images for some of the titles, a few of the game I have either have no Dlsite code, or have been removed from Dlsite for one reason or another, thus they show up in the sort list with no image. It would be great if there was some way to add my own images for these games so they don't show up as blank tiles.

Again, thanks so much for making this program, I love it!

Last edited:

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Got this too as well, and man it's bloody godly. I don't have a lot of DLSite games, but it's much better to have one shortcut instead of 4-5, and I can imagine this getting better for more games.

Also love how you made the translation program open as well with each game. Props to you!

OP
L

Lux

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I made an account and went through the rigmarole of getting it verified just to say thanks for this wonderful piece of software, it is brilliant. (I daresay it is good enough that it should be Stickied to the front of the forum)

I was wondering if there was any way for me to add custom images for some of the titles, a few of the game I have either have no Dlsite code, or have been removed from Dlsite for one reason or another, thus they show up in the sort list with no image. It would be great if there was some way to add my own images for these games so they don't show up as blank tiles.

Again, thanks so much for making this program, I love it!
Thank you for the kind feedback :)

You can add images to games without an RJCode by right clicking the image panel in the top right corner (the empty space where other games have images) and selecting "add new image". The image will be copied to the image folder, so you can delete the original one. After you've added an image, you can right click it and select "use as list image" to display that image next to your games in the list. You're the third person to ask me this, so I guess I should have made it more intuitive :eek:

HappyGoomba

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I've had a weird error.

When I add this game:
dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ103799.html

I seems to add and download the pictures OK, but when I click on it and try to view the downloaded pictures, Game Manager crashes. After that, it will crash every time I click on this game. I have to click another game, then ctrl-click this one to delete it.

I think there must be something unexpected in one of the images from DLSite that GM can't handle.

OP
L

Lux

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I've had a weird error.

When I add this game:
dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ103799.html

I seems to add and download the pictures OK, but when I click on it and try to view the downloaded pictures, Game Manager crashes. After that, it will crash every time I click on this game. I have to click another game, then ctrl-click this one to delete it.

I think there must be something unexpected in one of the images from DLSite that GM can't handle.
.NET is claiming that the first and second sample images are invalid and cannot be saved, but I can't figure out what makes them invalid. And to add to the confusion, the program downloads the images just fine on my WinXP virtual machine. I'll tell the program to ignore 'invalid' images in the next version so at least it won't crash. As a temporary solution, you can uncheck 'download sample images' in the settings menu, add the game, and then manually download and add the missing images.