What's new

[DMM] Taimanin Asagi

danobel

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [DMM] Taimanin Asagi

Got this ninja card a couple days ago. Am I translating it right or does the skill effect really say that it boosts US cards attack instead of ninja cards?

hxxp://taimaninarena.wiki.fc2.com/wiki/%E7%A9%82%E6%9D%91%E3%80%80%E5%A5%8F

Anouarovsky

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It is possible to get this card (1) from this card (2) or they are not the same card?

Attachments

Last edited:

arisato minato

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

It is possible to get this card (1) from this card (2) or they are not the same card?
No you cannot since they are different card. one is SR and the other is R card.

Notice the number of Golden node on the left side of the card. The higher the number of note the higher the rarity.

Is there any tip for lv up card ? So far what i did is max lv those US soldier card i got from quest and use them to lv the card i want but it slow and costly.

qs1988

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

No you cannot since they are different card. one is SR and the other is R card.

Notice the number of Golden node on the left side of the card. The higher the number of note the higher the rarity.

Is there any tip for lv up card ? So far what i did is max lv those US soldier card i got from quest and use them to lv the card i want but it slow and costly.
I don't see your point in maxing out a N card's lvl first before using them to lvl up another card. A lvl 1 N card gives 780exp, a maxed out lvl 15 N card gives 1315exp. 2 N cards provides more exp than a maxed out one, which probably uses up more than 1 N card to max out its level...and I think it will probably end up costing more too.

Anon_Ymous

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Guys if you're playing this just for the CG (like me) there's now a gallery on e-hentai. It has... I guess about half the CGs, though mostly from the low rarity cards. Might as well convert anything that's there into coins.

oh yeah...my ID is 15903143

zarion

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Does anyone know what the current event does?
Also apparently you can check what the stat increases on a given card will be before you level it up. Would've been nice to know before I spent a small fortune on levelling up my cards..

Last edited:

Taima Nin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hiiii, I'm the person who wrote the menu overview and basics guide posted a bit ago. I actually meant to put it here first, but it took a while to get verified.

About leveling up cards, it does seem like the most efficient way of handling it right now is just to throw raw unleveled cards and Kiryu cards (evil scientist) at them. You do get more EXP from using higher rarity cards - you are likely to have a few 2* R cards, maybe 3* HR cards - but considering duplicates of those are the only way to level skills, it doesn't make much sense unless you're desperate or happen to have plenty somehow. Since even if you don't think you need a card now, if you end up with a high rarity card of the same faction that you want to support, you may regret it.

And yes, you do want to press that red button to check the results when card training, since it IS possible to put more cards there than you need once you're close to max level.
Got this ninja card a couple days ago. Am I translating it right or does the skill effect really say that it boosts US cards attack instead of ninja cards?

hxxp://taimaninarena.wiki.fc2.com/wiki/%E7%A9%82%E6%9D%91%E3%80%80%E5%A5%8F
Yes, you're reading that right.

danobel

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for the response and the guide, it's helped a ton in figuring out how the game works and what each card does.

zeobrowser

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

What is the point of a defensive team? I have some extra defense cards that i could use to level up skills or i could trade them for medals.

Sakome

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Props to you Taima, didn't mean to steal your thunder or anything. My apologies if I did

danobel

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

What is the point of a defensive team? I have some extra defense cards that i could use to level up skills or i could trade them for medals.
The defense team determines how much HP you have against raid bosses.

What I'm trying to figure out still is whether the faction of your defense card affects how much damage you take per hit on raid bosses.

Sakome

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I believe it's like rock paper scissors, red>blue>yellow>red

Or rather, Taimanin beat Demons, Demons beat US, US beats Taimanin or something to that sort.

If you already knew that then, I don't know what the modifiers are if it's like a damage bonus or something, might be on the wiki somewhere.

zarion

Cthulhu
Reputation score

@Taima Nin So you need to use R and higher level cards to level up the card's unique skills, is that what you're saying?

Taima Nin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Props to you Taima, didn't mean to steal your thunder or anything. My apologies if I did
Don't worry about it - if anything, I'm glad you did post it, since I wasn't able to all this time.
The defense team determines how much HP you have against raid bosses.

What I'm trying to figure out still is whether the faction of your defense card affects how much damage you take per hit on raid bosses.
Right now it seems to be speculated that the defense team doesn't really play much of a role here at all beyond simply becoming your HP, since their portraits don't appear in the battle. But no one seems to know for sure, and I haven't seen anything about it in the wiki yet.

Notably, your actual HP total changes between the BP damage selection screen (where it's just your DEF + ally leader card DEF) and the battle screen (where the numbers scramble and then it's something higher). It's not clear what causes this, something some of us have been trying to figure out in the Hongfire thread.
@Taima Nin So you need to use R and higher level cards to level up the card's unique skills, is that what you're saying?
You need a duplicate of the exact same card. Let's say I want to level up R Sakura's skill - I need to first train my first R Sakura to max level, then train her with a duplicate R Sakura card. Then my first R Sakura's skill will hit Level 2. So you need four duplicates to max their skill.

danobel

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Right now it seems to be speculated that the defense team doesn't really play much of a role here at all beyond simply becoming your HP, since their portraits don't appear in the battle. But no one seems to know for sure, and I haven't seen anything about it in the wiki yet.

Notably, your actual HP total changes between the BP damage selection screen (where it's just your DEF + ally leader card DEF) and the battle screen (where the numbers scramble and then it's something higher). It's not clear what causes this, something some of us have been trying to figure out in the Hongfire thread.
I've definitely noticed a difference in HP when adding cards with skills that boost each others defense. It also appears to trigger half the time (half the time I'll have significantly less HP at around 27-28k HP, while the other half it increases to around 33-34k.

I haven't tested it much, but I don't seem to notice when affects such as "Reduces demon/taimanin/US damage by 22%" actually go into effect. I've tried adding cards with those effects to my defense but always seem to take the same damage regardless.

Has it been determined if there are certain skill effects that only activate if placed on the attack or defense team?

Sakome

Demon Girl
Reputation score

To my knowledge, leader skills activate 100% of the time. Anybody else in your squad only activates 50% of the time, so you are correct.

Wouldn't your defensive team show up when someone attacks you though? I'd imagine that's where your defense comes into play.

Or at least I've been putting mostly defensive skills on my defensive team.

Taima Nin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I made another overview, this time covering Raid Bosses. At least as much as we know, anyway.

hxxp://taimanin.blogspot.com/2014/07/taimanin-asagi-kessen-arena-raid-bosses.html
I've definitely noticed a difference in HP when adding cards with skills that boost each others defense. It also appears to trigger half the time (half the time I'll have significantly less HP at around 27-28k HP, while the other half it increases to around 33-34k.
This is one of the things investigated in the Hongfire thread, and it doesn't seem like it:
So for instance, with a DEF of 14739 + I pick maxed SR 4* Rinko as my ally (ATK 5784/DEF 2781), my DEF on the first screen becomes 17520.

I did some testing, picking her specifically every time from various people (always maxed). Rinko's skill is 2500 ATK to ally Taimanin and my attack team is all just ATK buffs. The results were inconsistent, ranging from 25000 to 30000. The most telling one, though, was where I used 1 BP on the same boss, picking two different users both at level 14 - one gave me 30064, the other 28402.
Someone after me in that thread (Visiciousshells) tried it with no cards in their defense team at all and the same ally twice, and got different results each time. They came to the conclusion it may just be a random bonus, which I figure is actually pretty likely. But we'll see, with any luck the wiki will cover it sometime (although I figure this may be one of those things nobody will know unless the developer states it outright).
I haven't tested it much, but I don't seem to notice when affects such as "Reduces demon/taimanin/US damage by 22%" actually go into effect. I've tried adding cards with those effects to my defense but always seem to take the same damage regardless.
And although this doesn't work since defense skills don't appear to get counted on bosses, it WILL work if a card with such a skill is on your attack team, or your leader.

So far it seems as if the defense team skills only matter in PvP.

danobel

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Someone after me in that thread (Visiciousshells) tried it with no cards in their defense team at all and the same ally twice, and got different results each time. They came to the conclusion it may just be a random bonus, which I figure is actually pretty likely. But we'll see, with any luck the wiki will cover it sometime (although I figure this may be one of those things nobody will know unless the developer states it outright).

And although this doesn't work since defense skills don't appear to get counted on bosses, it WILL work if a card with such a skill is on your attack team, or your leader.

So far it seems as if the defense team skills only matter in PvP.
So if I'm understanding it right, skills on the defense team don't trigger against raid bosses. Also, total HP is determined by three factors: raw HP stat from defense team + Ally HP stat + an undetermined bonus?

Sakome

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So as mentioned, some of the Taimanin help boost US cards. Is it me or does it seem like not at many cards boost Taimanin, but there are a good bunch of them. The only cards I have that boost Taimanin are Sakura and Murasaki

Taima Nin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I went back and made some updates to the Menu Overview and Basics guide. At this point it is probably as good as it can be and anything else I'll just do a new post for. See the first comment for a list of the changes made.

hxxp://taimanin.blogspot.com/2014/07/taimanin-kessen-arena-starter-guide.html
So if I'm understanding it right, skills on the defense team don't trigger against raid bosses. Also, total HP is determined by three factors: raw HP stat from defense team + Ally HP stat + an undetermined bonus?
Yes.
So as mentioned, some of the Taimanin help boost US cards. Is it me or does it seem like not at many cards boost Taimanin, but there are a good bunch of them. The only cards I have that boost Taimanin are Sakura and Murasaki
There are actually less Taimanin cards in general, believe it or not, which plays a role here. They have the least amount of Rs, and those are the most common cards with skills. Counted from the Japanese wiki:

(Taimanin = T, Demons = D, U.S. Forces = U)

LR (6*): T-1, D-1, U-1
UR (5*): T-2, D-1, U-2
SR (4*): T-2, D-2, U-2
HR (3*): T-6, D-5, U-5
R (2*): T-7, D-9, U-11
N (1*): T-7, D-10, U-10

Overall: T-25, D-28, U-31

Special cards Kiryu (EXP, T) and Zokuto (GOLD, D) bring the total to 86.