What's new

Dread Beginnings (Guan Yu, Mamono Assault Force, xivvix) GMed by Termite

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Dread Beginnings (Guan Yu, Mamono Assault Force, xivvix) GMed by Termite

"You will address her as your mistress, and consider it your privilege and obligation to do so, you dog!" Isabell suddenly snapped at the smith, seeming to lose her timid coat for a moment.

OP
Termite

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The man was taken a bit by surprise by the sudden outburst, but that only resulted in a rather confused look as he tilted his head at the Mistress's retainer. After a bit that confusion turned toward said Mistress, and with it he said one word. "Mistress?" But that look said so much more, and it was up to Lieze to answer the unasked question: Is that girl right in the head?

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

While she was about to take the reins in this conversation after the repairs finished, Lieze was persuaded to do otherwise as the sudden outburst came from Isabell. Not having enough composure to avoid cracking some silly grins at the situation, she quickly broke out her fan to block the lower half of her face. But it was no avail as the smith was coming onto her with the question right then. "She is somewhat silly, should keep that in mind for the future encounters..." the lady told him before poking the demoness into paying up. "Pay the man, please. While this is my house, we are not on infinite supplies here."

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Isabell gave a gesture of surprise. She didn't realize she was being spoken to about the price instead of her mistress. So all Isabell reacted with was an astonished face for a while. Then, she looked down at her current state of affairs. She had nothing but her pajamas. "... M-mistress... M-may I go get my money?" she requested shamefully. If allowed, she'd flee off to do just that, and return with six denarii before dumping the coins on some surface somewhere. Too embarrassed to look the man in the face.

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

"Yes, please go and get them." Lieze gave her permission to Isabell, barely holding herself away from breaking down in giggles.

OP
Termite

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Players
Liezelotte - HP = 56, PP = 47, EP = 91, Status = Fine
Isabell - HP = 102, PP = 46, EP = 46, Status = Fine, Armor TP = 32/60
Anael - HP = 55, PP = 65, EP = 63/90, Status = Fine

The smith replied with a "Mhm" in understanding, and while Isabell ran off to gather her money he turned back toward the woman's armor to give it another quick inspection. Following that he actually started removing the straps and interior lining, and it was while he was occupied with this that the silly retainer returned and placed her payment on the counter. The man stopped to bow his head in acknowledgement, and after a few mental calculations he spoke once more. "Two hours." He waited a second to see if Isabell had anything else to say or request, and once he was sure nothing further needed to be said he silently excused himself and went straight to work.

With that bit of business complete the group was left to do as they wished. Of course nothing really stood out that needed their immediate attention, but if Lieze so wished she could locate the butler and demand an update in the mansion's status. She could also completely ignore him and find something else to occupy her time. And she could always fall back on the time honored tradition of tormenting her staff. Either way Rin stood and waited for whatever choice was to be made.

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

"Alright, she'll come back for it later. We'll leave you to your work." Lieze told the smith, not wanting to keep Isabell unarmored too long by remaining in the armory and providing distractions to the man. There was time to be filled out in-between, so the group had to do something else in the meantime. Tormenting servants might have been fun times, but the situation was still not properly in control for that to be smart. Certainly a few needs still needed to be filled out to achieve the satisfactory status for the entire mansion so everyone could operate at optimal efficiency. Only then would it be fun to cause havoc on a bigger scale again. "Take us to Gerald." the Lady told Rin, patting the maid on the butt for a minor tease, just to lighten her own mood a bit.

OP
Termite

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Players
Isabell - HP = 102, PP = 46, EP = 46, Status = Fine

"Yes, MistreAHH!" The nervous little thing actually shot into the air once that pat hit home, and for a moment she simply sat staring at Lieze in shock with her hands on her rear, her glasses slightly askew, and the deepest blush she'd ever worn. "Y-Yes, Mistress!" While she got that one out without stammering too much it still looked like the girl was ready to run off at any moment, and she nearly did so as she lept toward the smithy's entrance. But before she disappeared she turned and waited, and once she was certain the group was starting forward she started leading them toward Gerald. At a distance.

The trip through the mansion was like the one they'd taken only minutes earlier, only this time the farther they went the more anxious the staff seemed. While they still saw to their duties and still stayed quite alert it wouldn't take much to notice them all glancing in the same direction Lieze and her party were moving. Had she felt so inclined the little mistress could have simply followed everyone's nervous checks and found the butler at their source, and after a bit Rin took on that same wariness as she approached a corner and snuck a glance around it just to ensure everything was safe.

Around that corner the man in question was soon found, and he sat staring at a solid slab of stone that looked like it had fallen from the ceiling and was nearly impossible to move. He stood no more than a foot from it, his arms crossed and a slight scowl on his face, and every few seconds he would reach out and touch that wall as if to confirm it was still in place before crossing his arms once more. He seemed rather engrossed in it, and it would actually take some prodding to get him to turn and acknowledge Lieze's arrival. But once he did he would turn to her fully, his arms resting behind his back in a somewhat military fashion. "Lady Bachsmien. How may I serve?"

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The pat on the butt had the expected reaction, and it did some good to Lieze's mood, even though she was a little disappointed by the fact that it caused Rin to make distance between them. Shame, she had kinda wanted to do it again a few times along the way to see if there was some limit to this timid maid's tolerance.

As they went along the corridors of the mansion, the need for Rin to be there appeared to be less needed than expected, as the trail of nervous could have taken the group to Gerald without her guidance. The butler was soon in sight, doing some pondering with a rock slab as his target. The scene might have been a hilarious one if one did not know about the defenses of the house, which actually made it a reasonably normal one. "Yes. Tell me if there is something that requires my attention, needs that need to be fulfilled in order for this house to keep functioning properly, or something similar that requires my attention. And do not keep anything to yourself, I know this place can't stay nice and cozy with all the servants for me to toy with if things are not taken care of properly."

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Isabell couldn't even enjoy the patting of Rin's butt. She was a little too ashamed of herself right now, coupled with the feeling of vulnerability. All she did was stay one step behind her mistress, and continued to try and shield her armorless body. "I want it back... I-I want my armor back... My weakpoints are everywhere, I feel so vulnerable..." Isabell mumbled to herself nervously.

OP
Termite

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Players

Gerald listened patiently, though a bit of confusion rose at that last remark. That confusion only grew as Isabell continued to play the meek little succubus while she lamented the loss of her armor. But after a bit that confusion cleared, and he turned once to give the slab a glance before giving Lieze's question the full attention it deserved. "I can't think of... Hm..." It was almost possible to see his thoughts working themselves through his mind. "I must apologize. I and a number of the staff have been rather preoccupied with Mina's brood. We've seen what havoc they can wreak, and we consider it a far greater threat than anything that may be approaching at the moment. But that doesn't excuse me from being distracted from the lizards' odd behavior.

"Reports that involve them have shown that they're rather quick to attack, especially when they have even the slightest advantage. A two to one advantage over the retrieval team was a prime example, especially with the alpha leading them. The fact that they simply waited and watched and only acted when they were provoked suggests that something else was using them as scouts. It's starting to make me wonder if there may be other teams that are running reconnaissance. And if that's true we may be in for another full scale battle...

"Mistress."
The butler stood at full attention. "I suggest we form our own scouting party to ensure our borders are free from any further enemy incursion. If at all possible I'd like to continue standing watch over the internal defenses for a bit longer. The spiders are currently moving about, and I'd like to verify that they haven't found any weak points that can be exploited. If you'd prefer I can create the team myself, but if not I have a list of personnel I think would excel. Rin." The little maid let out a squeak at this before standing as tall as she could. "You are on this list." "Y-yes, sir..." Too bad she didn't look all that enthused... "Mina." At that the butler turned his attention to the ceiling, and the spider could be seen sitting directly over everyone's head. But when she turned toward the man her face looked hard and set, the look of a vicious predator preparing to strike at anything that caught its fancy. "Yes?" "You are also on this list." She simply stared at the man as he stared back, and after a few seconds her gaze turned back toward the very same slab Gerald had been watching. "Understood, sir."

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

After some explanations, it began to appear that there really was not all that much wrong or lacking with the mansion when one looked at the whole picture. But there was an endeavor that might still do with her attention, the alien lizards being the source of concerns again, along with their possible higher-ups. "So you want us to see into this huh. I don't see as to why not that would be a part of the schedule for today. If you have others besides Mina and Rin on the list of suggested folks, do tell about it. We'll go once this silly goose gets her armor back from the smithy." Lieze announced her intention while pointing Isabell out with a poke to the nose of the demoness who was still all girly without her suit of metal.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Isabell blushed deeply when addressed as a silly goose, not expecting the poke to her nose at all as the demon knight let out a cute, "Uuu..." in response.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

With so many precious moments happening around her, Anael could only follow quietly while trying to hide her mirth lest she offend anyone with her. She giggled behind her hand at Isabell's momentary lapse of common sense, and smirked at the succubus' discomfort at walking around in her pajamas. Rin's reaction to Liezelotte's pinch nearly brought a laugh from the stoic angel, but Anael managed to reign the reaction in. It was only when Gerald seemed to ignore the presence of their mistress that the angel began to lose her uncharacteristically good humor. Just as she was about to clear her throat and acknowledge his duty, the butler did just so.

Anael shuddered as Gerald spoke about the spiderlings active beyond the stone slab, and was visibly relieved when the subject changed to the matter of the lizard creatures they had hunted yesterday. The butler's analysis of the aliens impressed the angel, and she gave the man a slight smile. Liezelotte seemed to approve as well, and Anael began to wonder if this turn of events might mean her new dress would be having to suffer the indignities of combat and worse, travel through the forested areas outside. Still, she stood silently and waited to hear what was to come of Lieze's question.

OP
Termite

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Players

Though he didn't overtly react to the angel's smile the butler's head took a small dip toward Anael while he acknowledged the Lady Bachsmien's request. "Only two others, Mistress. First is Sylvia le Fontaine. You should be familiar with her, she was the sniper on the retrieval team you rescued yesterday. The other is Theresa Crozier. She..." A pause was given, the man needing some time to gather his thoughts. "She isn't exactly combat conscious, but you'd be surprised by how useful she has proven to be. If you wish to speak with either of them Sylvia will most likely be working in the library, and Theresa is stationed on the lookout tower on the roof. Rin, you know where both of these places are?" At that the diminutive girl nodded her head. "Very well. Unless there's anything else you require, madame, then I'd like to return to my watch." With that Gerald waited for Lieze's reply, and only once she was ready to leave would her turn back around to inspect his slab once more.

"Mistress." But before the party would pass out of his sight he would turn back toward them once more. "If I may I suggest you start pondering how exactly you wish to train any of these spiders that happen to reach maturity. Your father took a great deal of effort in molding Mina to his desires, and most of that was spent destroying her original personality. Even then he wasn't completely successful." A glance up toward the arachne would show her staring as she had just moments earlier, any sign of her previous timidity completely lost within the subdued aggression and slight arrogance she was showing that very moment. "I agree. My kind are known for acting on their desires before everything else. We may not be quite as destructive once we mature, but that won't make us any less dangerous." With her piece said and done the spider maid turned her attention back toward the massive cage that held her brood, and though Mina had yet to do anything other than look threatening it was more than enough to intimidate the smaller maid in the orange dress. "Rin... thinks we should all leave. Yes?"

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Most of what was said was for her mistress to ponder about, but on the topic of Mina, Isabell had found her interest caught. The butler answered a lot of questions with his words, most importantly he clarified how she came to be the way she is. Looking up, seeing Mina in a more predatory state, Isabell grinned wide at the arachne. "It's that dangerous side of you that I fell in love with first, Mina~" Isabell cooed, temporarily forgetting her state of attire.

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Two other names were given once Lieze asked for them, so looking for those two would in all likeness be their next thing to do. Seeing the latter girl was a priority, as she was not given any real description of what she did, and that had piqued the Lady's curiosity. But before they could head out, another thing came forward that she needed to think about, an actual issue that might have long-lasting effects. "Oh yes, them. I have not completely forgotten about this issue, but it is a good piece of advice still as I had not thought about it all that much really. I'll make it a point to ponder about this in a more deep manner. You can go back to your duties." she told the butler before letting him go back to doing what he was doing before. The looks that she had gotten from Mina did not pass by without being noticed, another mental note being made to keep an eye on the spidermaid. Even though she was an amusing part of the mansion, there would be no going back to her instincts without there being reprecussions for such wanton behavior. The group would head out to see this Theresa, who could just be the next interesting thing in the many that Lieze had seen up to the point they were in.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

For now, things seemed to be progressing along well enough. Gerard passed along all the information that seemed necessary as succinctly as possible, and the Mistress was acting upon it accordingly. There wasn't much for Anael to do, save stay by Liezelotte's side in the event she was needed. And she did just that, looking as proper and beautiful as a servant of House Bachsmien was expected to be, which came naturally. The butler's mention of the sniper who had assisted them yesterday brought a quick laugh from the angel as she remembered the girl's reaction to her vine spells. Anael stifled the sound as quickly as it had come, though a smile remained.

Mina's sudden change of attitude took the angel by surprise, and she eyed the spider-maid with a wariness that she had not had since first meeting her. Although Isabell was the sworn protector of their Mistress, the succubus' swooning seemed to be distracting her. "Remember your station, Isabell," Anael said, a smirk on her face and teasing note to her voice, belying her suspicion, "It is your duty to keep dangerous things away from our Mistress."

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I-I know that!" Isabell snapped at Anael, flustered. "I don't need your guidance on how to protect mistress! I've been doing it longer than you!" she stated.

OP
Termite

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Players

There Mina never appeared to budge an inch form her lookout a careful look would reveal a sudden brightening of her cheeks at Isabell's words. "...Then perhaps I shall show you more if you and I have some time alone together..." A moment later she simply shifted her weight a bit as if to relieve some pressure, but then again she did look like she was standing a little taller and more pronounced than she had just a moment ago. Perhaps it was simply the small smile that could barely be seen gracing her lips...

With nothing further holding them there the small party was free to leave, and Rin was all too glad to lead them away from the giant wall that was the spiderling nest. Once they were clear she started leading them through the mansion, a few twists and turns taking them relatively toward the center before she found a specific flight of stairs that spiraled up into and past the ceiling. But before they'd even set foot on the first step a door could be heard opening far above them, and though Rin herself paused a bit she started climbing all the same. As they rose they quickly entered an obvious tower, the size of it not all that grand, but it was definitely the highest point of the manse. That much could be seen through the arrow slits that still lined their stairway.

As they approached the top a figure could be seen waiting, and it had already bowed forward even before everyone could get a good look at the woman. When they finally arrived she had yet to look up, but all the same she welcomed them with a few words. "Good morning, Mistress. Please come in." With that she finally rose, and the best way to describe would be 'frumpy'. While she was quite pleasing to the eye, or at least had the potential to be, the long and rather unflattering brown uniform she wore only served to complement what could only be considered an obvious distaste for anything that would accentuate her appearance. And while she led Lady Bachsmien to a small table and the chair that sat nearby the rather dour expression she wore made it look like she couldn't care less whether the Mistress was there or not. But then again she did make the effort to give Lieze the most comfortable seat at the tower, and though the shutters were open and let in the morning sun they'd been strategically closed to keep them from blinding any of the Lady's party even before they had chosen where to sit or stand. "How may I serve?"