What's new

Spawni

Demon Girl
Reputation score
OP update via: Strange

DLsite(jp):
DLsite(en):

RPGM BF (battlefuck) RPG.
It features a Male MC (ロウラット/Laurent) and his team, against lustful succubi (夢魔, dream demons)
This game is an homage to SQDT, known for the 2006 Succubus Quest series .

Promo video:
Game blog: (features manuals, bios, etc.)
Dev blog:
Wiki (Japanese):

Story/premise:
In order to save his master (ラーミル/Rarmil), young Laurent ends up in a mysterious dream world.
There, he meets, fights and/or befriends various succubi, in hopes of unraveling the many secrets of this land.
Will he finally find his teacher, or will he succumb to the temptations lurking in every corner?

Gameplay:
JRPG with no random encounters. All battle are BF - stricly sexual. This game is LONG - Dreamania (under)estimates 12 hours.
You will explore vast areas, fight or sneak past succubi, discover how to get stronger and what to do to progress.
There will be a lot of backtracking, so pay attention to your surroundings.
Battles feature a position/stance system - QTEs will be used to determine who will come on top (often literally).

Most enemies are recruitable, by forming a 'contract' with them.
You will need to defeat them, and leave them a good impression - they like a sweet pillow talk and an attentive lover.
You can then venture alone, or party with up to three friendly succubi. Only one of them will fight alongside you at a time.

Victories will reward not only xp, but also beads(contract points).
The former allows you to level up; however be aware levelling up is not so useful as in a regular JRPG.
The latter can be spent on your contracted succubi, unlocking new powers, skills and abilities.
Alternatively, you can have some quality time (in bed, obviously) with them. Marriage (vow of covenant) might even be possible in the end!

Controls:
←→↑↓ to move around. They're also used for QTEs.
Z/Enter/Space confirm
X/suppr/numpad 0 cancel (QTE: accept/let her do what she wants)
A: details, talk with companion

Notes: the wiki listed above, has links to a great amount of mods - from new enemies to rebalancing to new adventures altogether.

Content: BF, 1 against many, succubi, monster girls, consensual. (over 40 enemies in vanilla)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dataslycer

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Re: Succubus Rhapsodia

VERY similar considering the undressing as well as the same interface as SQ. I wonder if they extracted that.

(and the MC looks like Luka)

an anonymous

Banned
Reputation score

art looks familiar much like succubus quest i wonder if they will add cgs or spirit sex:eek:
if they just gonna make it like sqd also only horny/undressing pics won't be so bad to.:D

are they the same artist like the one thad makes sqd or not?

(anyway i hope this turns out good and not geting prekup like sqd)

Dataslycer

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Well the original circle, SQDT, disbanded. I rememberr there was another site that actually showed a pretty detailed screenshot of a very similar game on April 1st.

However, considering this is not April 1st, hopefully it will come out to something but will probably take some time. I mean they don't have a playable demo yet. If going by what SQ had before, sprite sex isn't likely but they are probably going to be using the same enemy profile of undress on battle.

imercenary

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Looks great, but I'm a skeptic until the actual game (or at least a demo/trial) is out.

szarala

Tentacle God
Reputation score

this pretty much looks beat-for-beat like the original Succubus Quest games (minus the DDR-like QTEs they seem to be adding to this one).

I certainly wouldn't mind revisting that style of game, and I wonder if this one is being made by some of the same people or if its just an homage/copy.

While I certainly won't shoo this one away, I'd rather they'd have finished Knights of the Dream (the 3rd SQ game that had tactical RPG elements and a turn system similar to Grandia's).

hqbreaker

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I hope they add some kinda rape CG. The other succubus Quest games didn't have them. Because I didn't understand japanese I couldn't enjoy the game to its fullest.

lazydude

Tentacle God
Reputation score

well it's probably made by former members of the Succubus Quest Development Team.

well understanding the system should be simple :D I wonder if conversations will work the same way

Sarav

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Blog says he is not related to SQDT at all but he is a huge fan of SQ.

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hmm, I really loved SQ and even now I can probably go back and enjoy it again. However, another game in the same style would be extremely lack luster with all the stuff we've seen in BF themed games now.

I really hope they take what was great in SQ and improve upon it. Animations, non-battle CG scenes, non-battle sprite sex, changing standing CG when girl is naked, or even the semi-animation ROBF did. Something to stand out from SQ.

lazydude

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Blog says he is not related to SQDT at all but he is a huge fan of SQ.
I wonder if he was part of the group who made the mods to the games

@KHTA did you ever try the sq mods?

keitaro_2006

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I really hope someone ever could translate SQ series, this game looks also awesome, i always love their art and the battle system (If only they are adding GOR scene, it will be perfect).

Bupkis

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

The resemblance to older SQ games is uncanny. Like someone else had said, I don't think it will hold up so well against more games of it's kind considering how much the scene has evolved. That is, of course, if it goes untranslated. Part of what made MGQ so popular in the West was the fact it had a pretty solid translation
I still look forward to seeing what the future holds with this game.

Eld

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

SQ is still the only BF RPG that actually had a well-made combat system. If this were SQ with animations, it'd pretty much be just the best thing ever.

szarala

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I still haven't played ROBF (waiting on at least a menu translation or to learn runes myself), but the game SQDT was working on before they asploded, Knights of the Dream had a -really- nice combat system.

marcus3708

Tentacle God
Reputation score

that art style if this was a long rpg type game it would have me sold, well long as there was a translation

an anonymous

Banned
Reputation score

its not just the nice art that makes sqdt games so good each of ther games was different in story and game play.

ther 1. game is a regular bf rpg and makes the beginning of the succubus story as they invading the world after the hero party defeated the demon king.

ther 2. game is a special different rpg style because you can choose the dungeon (always a little different) and girls you want ther, special skills and extra stuff to (by books).:D

ther 3.(knight of the dreams) only the demo makes it before sqdt breakup,its half tactic battle with bf feature
where you let a group of editable(cance classes and skin, clothes) girls to beat up others either by regular attacks, skills
or and that's the epic part if they are happy or horny you can go for a bf fight (and if win they can jon your team later) but not if they are angry or depressed....:p anyway it's too bad they never finishing the game, hat so much potential.:(

Last edited:

marcus3708

Tentacle God
Reputation score

sounds like it has an actual in dept game play which is a huge plus on top of the good art I couldn't really understand much from briefly looking at the screen shots. I think I've played through all or most of the translated hentai rpgs that have both decent art + gameplay I believe I played monster girl quest first, violated hero, and then kamidori alchemist meister. I think the last one may have been the best it wasn't just turned based fighting was a bit more strategy involved since you could freely move about the map during battle. Those rpg maker type games just don't really look interesting to me for some reason maybe because they probably all have the same exact gameplay system? I think I may have to learn japanese at some point so I can play more of these great hentai rpgs that arent getting translated.

Last edited:

Eld

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Naw, ROBF has a better combat system
I don't especially like ROBF system; it was strategic but it didn't especially feel like, y'know, sex. What with the vanishing, light balls and what-have-you, magic. I'll give you, it had variety in how you build your character but between many of the more interesting options lacking animation entirely (the tentacles, for instance) and the fight still being essentially random jumping from one act to another, I didn't find it as fulfilling as SQ (SQ had the "build atmosphere -> foreplay -> intercourse" progression, though animation would be nice).

Another good game design aspect in SQ, I find, was that there were no easy healing options so fights weren't down to spamming heal, attack, heal, attack, heal, attack. You had some regeneration options and then big heal options but all of the big heals came with downsides (huge tension cost + repetition limit on your own ability, stat decrease in the sedatives and, well, huge manacosts + lack of natural Tension regeneration in having Luvissa do it). And the fights are longer than to one orgasm which is nice. Overall, I find the combat system was far better designed, both from gameplay and from sexiness PoV than in ROBF. But again, the game lacks animations entirely (and you need mods to even have CGs for insertion with most enemies) which is a real pity.

And just to be clear, I still think ROBF system is better than most other BF systems, but that just comes down to most BF systems being "find enemy weakness, spam enemy weakness, heal every other turn with items after grinding enough gold to have 99" and the sex being random jumping from one position to another. The only other system that seemed at all interesting was the one in " ウワサの宿娘 ~コニーとウブな淫魔たち~", but that felt unplayable without being a native since a large part seemed to be picking the correct line at each turn.