What's new

DTT Revival - Game 1 ; Shinto Victory

freeko

Banned
Reputation score
Re: DTT Revival - Game 1 ; Day 2

I agree that zivvix makes zero sense. The whole point of the game is to lynch all of the anti town players in the game. Lynching someone who is marked does not likely lead to them being anti-town. Of course this could be a bluff, but for now it is something that needs to be filed away.

Maybe someone is capable of removing the mark? Maybe the one responsible for the mark is attempting to control us with it. For now that is nothing but idle speculation without gaining some manner of context.

I am far more concerned with those who have said nothing right now than someone who said something wrong.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"I... What." Yomi paused, flabbergasted. On her face, she wore an expression of utter disbelief. "Hikari, are you insane or just retarded? Killing off the marked ones doesn't inconvenience the Crazed one at all! Whether they're raped or burned, the end result is the same! The only solution to this problem is to purge the maiden, going after her targets is pointless! She will continue to mark more and more of us no matter how many of her victims we kill! I'm sorry, but your logic is utterly stupid!"

(Seriously, that is stupid. Like, we gain NOTHING from killing a marked one. Kill the Crazed Maiden, and the marked ones are safe. Burning them has the same effect as the Maiden triggering her ability, except it saves her time, making the whole exercise work in her favor. Where's the fucking logic in this?)

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Actually it makes perfect sense... if Hikari is the Crazed Maiden. Based on this curious insistence, I vote to burn Hikari in the sacred flame."
I honestly can't picture someone besides the Crazed Maiden thinking that this is a good idea.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

(fine FINE, sheesh, calm down. Like I said, I'm new and I'm trying to work this out, while also staying in character. Keiko still needs more votes, and it's not looking like she'll get them so nbd. yeesh.)

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Hikari sputters in disbelief at Keiko's accusation, but quickly regains her calm countenance, though it is strained a bit. "How dare you?!?! I'm trying to save all of us, while you are merely trying to save yourself. This is mere reprisal in the hope of survival!

(sadface all over my poasts!)

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Because I don't believe that any of us are fools. And only a Crazed Maiden or a fool would be as insistent as you are to do the Crazed Maiden's dirty work."

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

(I got a headache trying to comprehend that logic, I reserve the right to be grumpy.)

"... I agree with Keiko." Yomi spoke after some lenghty consideration. "Hikari's logic is most suspicious in my opinion. I vote for Hikari to be purged with fire."

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(2/6 votes needed to Burn Keiko(Hope) ; Miyuki(Blue), Hikari(Xivvix))

(2/6 votes needed to Burn Hikari(Xivvix) ; Yomi(Cross), Keiko(Hope))

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

I cannot take a side in this. Both are in my opinion using the worst logic ever to base their accusations on each other. Suki and Annette (Tass and Plm) so far have said nothing. Suki at least woke me up with all her screaming this morning, but I do not like her claim of being drunk last night. Annette is where? Has anyone even seen her?

(Are votes locked when cast or can we change them? I want to vote plm to encourage participation, but it would be wasted after its intended purpose if not able to be changed.)

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Votes can be freely changed.)

(2/6 votes needed to Burn Keiko(Hope) ; Miyuki(Blue), Hikari(Xivvix))

(2/6 votes needed to Burn Hikari(Xivvix) ; Yomi(Cross), Keiko(Hope))

(1/6 Votes needed to Burn Annette(Plm) ; Yamane(Freakazoid))

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

(Annette is still at the thermal waters) XD

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Firstly, we do not have 100% proof that Keiko has been targeted by the crazed maiden, we simply have her word on that. We have no reason to doubt her word at this point, but it's important that we take stock of what is a known truth and what is simply claimed and by whom.

"Whether or not Keiko was targeted by the crazed maiden does not affect her actual alignment, which could be good or bad"
(or another neutral, which all seem to be different forms of bad anyway as none of them are necessarily anything but a liability to the Shintos, even the benigns).

I also would like GM confirmation about what the actual goals of the Possessed/Infested Maidens are, as pertains to win condition. From reading it over, it sounds as if they just simply add to the kill count at night and cannot be killed except by lynch (Another reason to use it rather than not use it.) It seems as though these roles cannot win, as they will either kill off the last cultist (thus ending the game with a Good victory) or they will kill off enough Shintos to satisfy the Cultist victory.

~~~

Miyuki walks along the temple grounds, feeling the scornful gazes of some of the other maidens. It bothered her that they were angry at her for speaking her mind, but she had conviction in her beliefs. Most of them seem far too dependent upon the flurry and chaos of night actions - did her fellow true Shintos actually believe they were on equal terms with the evils at night? Powers that could negate Shintos' abilities, Shintos that could accidentally harm each other during the night, so many potential killing roles that could render any gained information moot. There was no certainty at night. That was the point that some seemed to be forgetting. The only certainty, the only 100% true facts would be the revealed roles of the dead and the words and vote records of each and every individual who spoke up.

Of course there were the Wills - but there were at least two possible enemies that could alter Wills anyway, making even those sources of information not 100% certain. Ikumi (Toxicshock) should know the truth of this well, seeing as she was the Temple's archivist and had read many manuscripts detailing battles between Shinto and Cultists in the past. Yet she chose to champion Wills without acknowledging the blatant weakness due to Illusionists and Defilers.

~~~
"If you believe in not voting, then perhaps we could get a tally by 'voting to abstain.' That way we can see where everyone currently is and we can also see who has not actually joined the conversation yet."

(GM: Would it be possible, when you do your vote tallies, for you to list the names of the people who are voting on an individual?

For example: Hentaispider (2/6 votes needed to lynch; voters are BlueSlime and Toxicshock))

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ignore my last request, the GM is already on it! :D

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(The goals of the Possessed and Infested Maidens are to eliminate the Cultist and Shinto. Even if one side is destroyed, the Neutral Killing must still eliminate the other.)

(Also, they can be killed by Shinto Interrogator, Shinto Trapper, and anything else that ignores Night Immunity.)

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So the goals of the Shinto are not just to eliminate the cultists, but to eliminate the cultists AND the "neutrals?"

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

Only the hostile ones. Killing the one that wants to die is not a good idea, the survivor can win with anyone and can be basically ignored, and so forth. The Wych doesn't need to be taken out but it's a good idea because she can only win with cultists, and the possesed/infested and the Crazed Maiden all need to be taken out, but there is usually only one of the three in the game at once.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(The Maiden Wych ONLY wants to see the Shinto lose. She can win with the Crazed Maiden.)

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ikumi Whispers back to Miyuki. They whisper back and forth repeatedly

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

To my knowledge, we do not win until all threats are neutralized. A neutral "serial killer" is as much of a threat to us as the cultists as a whole are. Since the roles of the game are public knowledge in the first post, it is safe to assume nothing even still.

I can buy Xivvix currently just being stupid. This is a game of logic and reasoning (corrupted if course by everyone being so dependant on night actions, which.. ugh brain hurt). Hope on the other hand smells funny.

All told I think it is a mistake to be voting among those two at all currently. If that mark is real, gaining more information in another person being marked at night may prove useful on how exactly we should handle it. For all we know it could be a mark of domination that allows whoever placed that mark to recruit that person into their faction.

There are many factors here that need to be considered. Without more context I think the best that can be done with it is to wait and see. I still would like to see more opinions from more people.