What's new

ADV Patreon Active RPG Maker [Dystopian Project] Claire's Quest

moonblack

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Claire's Quest

I tried the game, and so far I like what I see. Here most of the bugs I noticed:
1) Upper Mingleton - can't learn from the Bard in the NE because the second page of the even is missing its requirement and thus it’s always the active one
2) In the same area there's a yellow flower that cannot be reached and so cannot be picked up
3) Lower Mingleton - I entered by paying the guy 100 without ever talking to the guards and when I enter the barracks the gangrape scene starts as if I accepted the bread from them
4) Lower Mingleton - the left side of the Wishing well has more text that the right side
5) Refugee camp bug: Talk to the Proud Refugee and either choose "... What kind of work?" or "You disgust me!" After that even if you kill him with a spear he does not diappear. Also, if you agree to give him a titfuck, you can keep doing that an unlimited number of times, so the guy becomes an endless source of money and experience
6) In the Abandoned Outpost you can pick the Soldier's Spear an unlimited number of times
7) In Fort Oustmark, in the same room where Jessica's rape takes place, there's an aphrodisiac that cannot be reached because there's no way to actually enter the room
8) Clair is able to use the toiler without buying or drinking a beer. This is because the toilet events use Switch 4 (LOCKSCREEN) instead of switch 20 (Intoxicated). I guess you changed the switches but forgot to update the events
9) The Soldier Blowjob in Fort Oustmark can be repeated an unlimited number of times, providing an unlimited source of experience

Is the secret cave really in this version?

The rest of the bugs I noticed were already reported by other people, so I'm not going to repeat them

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Thanks so much moonblack, that's a really detailed bug report! I'll do my best to remedy these as soon as I have time to work on my next version. Work calls. And no, the secret cave file appears to have completely skipped the port for some reason.

Future updates will have Claire consume ENGY for sexual acts, so these are actually supposed to be repeatable, I just didn't input energy factors yet.

trees

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Has there been any progress on this, or are you taking a break from developing for a while?

masakatsu

Lurker
Reputation score

Thanks so much moonblack, that's a really detailed bug report! I'll do my best to remedy these as soon as I have time to work on my next version. Work calls. And no, the secret cave file appears to have completely skipped the port for some reason.

Future updates will have Claire consume ENGY for sexual acts, so these are actually supposed to be repeatable, I just didn't input energy factors yet.
Conceptwise:Good
Gameplaywise:Good
Fapcontent:Good
StoryWise:Not good

Simply hear me out. I know what your going for and understand it completely. But you basically made it so that the only way she can get anywhere in this game is to lay down on her back and spread her legs.

Not asking you to be politically correct or anything, but come on.

I am glad you gave her the feisty, rouge route. But I guess what I'm trying to say is, Is it possible to give her a few options that doesn't exactly make her so sellout-ish?

Like she takes up her parents mantel and leads the charge against the monsters to take back their land or something like that.

Not trying to tell you how to make your game, just well saying.

thswherizat

Reputation score

I don't agree with how you phrased your post, but I think he's already trying to do what you're saying. He said he plans on making a virgin route that will be the hardest one to actually follow. And as weird as it is, I bet there are a lot of paths that could be smoothed by a pretty girl willing to spread her legs to get where she wants to go.

Lucky777

Sex Demon
Reputation score

A virgin route?

Fucking hell.

I far preferred the concept of this game when the only way to get ahead was to whore out.

karmapowered

Lurker
Reputation score

Conceptwise:Good
Gameplaywise:Good
Fapcontent:Good
StoryWise:Not good

Simply hear me out. I know what your going for and understand it completely. But you basically made it so that the only way she can get anywhere in this game is to lay down on her back and spread her legs.

Not asking you to be politically correct or anything, but come on.

I am glad you gave her the feisty, rouge route. But I guess what I'm trying to say is, Is it possible to give her a few options that doesn't exactly make her so sellout-ish?

Like she takes up her parents mantel and leads the charge against the monsters to take back their land or something like that.

Not trying to tell you how to make your game, just well saying.
I echo that sentiment.

I usually drop/delete RPGmaker games that force the player to go through unescapable smut scenes within the first minutes of starting it. Most of the time, they're not only poorly written (some authors really need to get laid to experience the real thing one day), but excruciatingly boring if they last for minutes and minutes and you've gone through that kind of introduction x (hint, x>100) times before :

"Tentacle monster/bandit/random villain leaps on you, and then proceeds to violate you, and then fucks you like a machine (zzz), and then destroys your cunt (yawn), and then shoots its jizz all over you (snore), and then... then you're MacDonalds lovin' it (eh?).
Can I play the game already ?

H-games being what they are, some smut is fine. Besides, games in which you basically have to *force* the hero/heroine to lose to get access to the good stuff are equally as underwhelming as the above. However, some people tend to forget that in any H-game there is a part that's supposed to spell out as "g-a-m-e".

If all the game ever does is to deliver random CGs while wandering from NPC to the next NPC, and if the whole RPGmaker business is just a poor man's cover-up for a slideshow that you might as well watch directly on sadpanda, it's a failure of a game to me. Perhaps a decent VN, but not a game. It's the game design illness of the decade that affects even major companies, that overload their games with cutscenes at the expense of an engaging gameplay/story.

So yeah, what interests me in this game is given its rather dark premise of fugitives caught in a foreign land during a war, how will Claire actually manage to survive and eventually escape ? That's the whole point of playing this game for me. If it has H-scenes, and they make sense within the game (as in Claire uses her charms to the optimal effect to further her goal), even better. Not how will Claire get screwed (yet again) by the next random NPC that I will have clicked on.

In that regard, I wouldn't oppose a virgin route.

Well, why not ?

moonblack

Reputation score

I like the idea of a virgin route. It never hurts to have an alternative to being a whore. Whoever wants to turn Clair into a slut can still do that, so nothing is lost.

Lazka

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

i think.. its good to see the protag is progressing or corrupted than its start bein whore,,,

YaliJin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Game's awesome. Story well written and maps carefully built.
I wanna see this game make it to the end so here is a small list of things that gone the wrong way (bugs):

- After getting the sword(or lance) in the barracks where you get ill (the swamp?), or after buying some clothes, it is impossible to equip gloves and boots at the same time.

- Aphrodisiac, beer and wine stop working suddenly. The game won't allow the player to take them. Food still works, though.

- Don't know if it is intended/still unfinished: after the queue and the soldier rape, the screen goes black and you hear just the sea sounds.

That's it for now. I can't figure out how to find the secret cave, how to activate the toilet rape scene and how to start working in the pub/restaurant.
If someone is kind enough to provide an essential (short but understandable) walktrough of these points i'll be glad to test 'em.

Sorry for my bad english, i'm italian.
Thanks for your time.:)

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Just as a general response to some PMs launched my way: I'm not dead, and yes, I'm still working on the game.

Last edited:
OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Sorry for the double post, here's a caffeine-rushed VER 0.3

Again, don't click on the link, copy and paste it into browser. Hopefully we don't hit a gamebreaker in the first bloody five minutes

Last edited:

ComVlad

Reputation score

Mediafire has currently blocked the file for violating terms of service (as of july9th, 5pm eastern)
EDIT:NVM forgot about the copy and paste

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Hello, hello! Anywho, how you all going with VER 0.3? Any gamebreakers I should know about?

danceofmany

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So far on the bug front:
Infinite goosegrass behind one of the houses.
Entering bar gives me a you're still at work do you want to leave message. Seems to happen after you use the public bathroom with the peeping kid.
After getting ambushed by the peeping tom in bar, way is blocked, gives the moving haystack message.
Got dirty Panties from the toilet rape in bar but none from Junior in the shop or the Temple scene.

Also, how do you see the VIP room scenes?

Last edited:

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

Why does Chrome go apeshit and say that the downloaded file is malicious?

Probably want to look into that because I hear people do not like downloading viruses and things like that, just saying.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I have no clue. My systems are all running fine.

Thanks for the bug reports btw!

danceofmany

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hint: Interactable poster outside of the inn.
Thanks, found it. Though it's a bit odd you refer to the bar as an inn. Also there's no actual paying work up there?

Something did cross my mind after playing. There doesn't seem to be enough tales floating around the town to get 500 for the ticket. I'm trying another playthrough though to see how much I can scrape.

Last edited: