What's new

ACT Patreon Unknown/Hiatus [dystopianproject] Overgrown Genesis

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: Sex Zombie

This game have footjob, foot fetish concent ?
Not at the moment!

This is really tricky to play through at the moment, due to the progress-annihilating save bug, but I can tell you the combat works well enough. Zombies slide forward a little when killed, and I don't know if that's gonna cause problems if they bump into Juno while dying, but the shooting is reliable enough, for now.
Is there a way to have the animations play over the text, instead of in a blink-and-you-miss-it spurt after? Because it kind of eliminates the point of having cool animation loops, as is.
Yeah, the only way to play at the moment is to do a hardcore run with no save games whatsoever! Maybe I'll pretend I purposely made it a hard game... Hopefully fix is on the way though!

I think I'm going to drop the animations to be honest. They're ridiculously time-consuming (2-3 months+ for a full set) and RPG Maker is *not* designed to play animations. And if we tweak the core system any more I feel like the whole thing might crash on us.

Eyesday

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Dystopian my friend, you're the best. Really. Your games are just amazing!

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I think I'm going to drop the animations to be honest. They're ridiculously time-consuming (2-3 months+ for a full set) and RPG Maker is *not* designed to play animations. And if we tweak the core system any more I feel like the whole thing might crash on us.
That's a shame, I was looking forward to them. If it means the difference between a working game and a developmental dead-end, though, do what you have to.

I've seen a lot of perfectly stable RPGmaker games with good animations, but mostly using versions other than MV, and presumably mostly made by people who don't have to wait on an outside programmer.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Dystopian my friend, you're the best. Really. Your games are just amazing!
Thank you for your kind words!

That's a shame, I was looking forward to them. If it means the difference between a working game and a developmental dead-end, though, do what you have to.

I've seen a lot of perfectly stable RPGmaker games with good animations, but mostly using versions other than MV, and presumably mostly made by people who don't have to wait on an outside programmer.
Yes, I'm fairly disadvantaged as a developer. My only truly redeeming skill would be writing. I'm average at using RPG Maker at best, and have to rely on other people for everything from artwork to programming.

Eyesday

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Came back to present my observations about this version. Well...

I've seen this bug everytime i die and i try to come back in a saved file, all the change-map events just turn off and you can't do anything to keep playing. Start a new game when you're already playing since, i don't know, 30 minutes can be really stressful.

Second... I liked the pixel animation, but i think is too fast to enjoy properly.

I couldn't play anything beyond the time you put the subway on again because sometimes i die and i don't want to play the same beggining over n over again. :/

Legrandxav

Lurker
Reputation score

The game is hard as hell but I'm not again challenges.

There are some bugs and they are really annoying:
-If you save, quit the game and reload, You won't be able to exit or anything else.

-There's a problem with the rounds and the clips for firearms. Correct me if I'm wrong but a round is this:

And a clip is that:

(By the way, it's a magazine but clip is shorter so no problem)
So when I have 3 Clip with 6 round each, I can shoot just three times!

-The animation is way too short! But I like the art.

-And last but not least: The firearms are almost useless because no ammunition. I found a shotgun but was never able to find at least one bullet...

It's a promising game, want to see more!

Cracker

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

-If you save, quit the game and reload, You won't be able to exit or anything else.

-There's a problem with the rounds and the clips for firearms. Correct me if I'm wrong but a round is this:

And a clip is that:

-And last but not least: The firearms are almost useless because no ammunition. I found a shotgun but was never able to find at least one bullet...

NOPE! A clip and a magazine are not the same thing. A magazine is a box containing rounds, a clip is just a metal strip you use to feed the bullets into the magazine. Look at WW1 bolt-action rifles. The bullets are stored on a metal strap and they use that load to rifle's internal magazine. That metal strap is called the clip. The magazine is the box.

Legrandxav

Lurker
Reputation score

NOPE! A clip and a magazine are not the same thing. A magazine is a box containing rounds, a clip is just a metal strip you use to feed the bullets into the magazine. Look at WW1 bolt-action rifles. The bullets are stored on a metal strap and they use that load to rifle's internal magazine. That metal strap is called the clip. The magazine is the box.
Just wanted to say that "clip" is shorter to write on the screen... Magazine would be too long and could hide part of the screen...

Cracker

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just wanted to say that "clip" is shorter to write on the screen... Magazine would be too long and could hide part of the screen...
But that would be terminologically incorrect. Like calling a motorbike a car, because it's shorter.

On the game: I like it so far, but I can't write any details until the save system is fixed.

wiggins96

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

And a clip is that:

you almost got that correct.

the bullet on the top is called a cartridge and the pic on the bottom is a magazine.

easy way to remember this is that clips are used to assist in reloading magazines.

MacDakka

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Proposal: Write 'Mag'. 'Tis even shorter than 'Clip'. And, you know, correct terminology, too. Problem solved, gun nuts happy. Because that is what really matters here. :rolleyes:

Brassyandclassy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Oh man. I was so excited for this update. And then I saw the bugs. And after that I found that crawlers didn't have any special scene anymore, just a weird version of the animation where their body is black and barely visible instead of green. Lovely.

Well, I guess I'll submit a quick review of this update. Patreon supporters probably found a few of the bugs I did first, but I'll recap:
-A damaged crowbar (as in, you hit a single zombie and there's 1 durability left) will repair itself whenever you go through a door. Or entrance to a new area. But also doors, like the ones in the subway tunnels. I LOVE this. Damn thing is broken as fuck, but so are the skulls of every zombie from Brookville to Hamilton.
-You can still walk of top of walls in the subway tunnel. This time, there's broken tile next to the bottom-leftmost door. It actually works against you more than it helps, because zombies can also walk on top of it. And they do. And then they can hit you through walls.
-Woof Woof! Noise in the park! But no dogs? Seriously? :confused:
-Handgun can still fire during zombie sex.
-Broken tiles everywhere. Sometimes I can't even tell if a tile was meant to be broken or not. Those random broken pieces of countertop look solid enough, but I guess they actually just let you phase right through.
-Infection kills you if you try to rest with 10 or more. Not a bug, more like a handy tip for anyone else.
-Save bug. Annoying, sure, but you can get past it if you run into a still-alive zombie. That means that it's actually better to leave one zombie alive in each area and save with 50MP left.
-Bleach still doesn't do anything. Unless I missed something. :(
-Zombies can sometimes catch you even if you killed them, if you timed it too late. I hate this bug, but at least it reloads my crowbar. Oh, yeah. Getting downed reloads your crowbar as well.
-Cigarettes are useless, still. :(
-The little extra area inside the subway tunnels that you can get to be clearing out zombies? There's nothing there anymore. Save yourself the ammo. Although, if you're looking to walk on walls, you'll have to kill enough zombies that you'll be able to get in there safely anyway.
-Okay, okay, I get that you even put a joke in the game about the city being extremely badly planned. But did you really have to put a porch and even a staircase up to a building with no door?!?!!!:mad:
-I noticed that the apartment buildings in Greer had their door-camping zombies removed. This is great! No more getting caught right as you go outside the door! And then all of a sudden, there's like six zombies in front of every door in Hamilton. Makes me want to flip my table, but I like my table.

And, that's about it. Picture attached with the broken wall tile that lets you walk on top of walls. I'm not going to bother to update my walkthrough for this update, since there will probably be fixes rolling out soon, or so I hope.

Attachments

Legrandxav

Lurker
Reputation score

Proposal: Write 'Mag'. 'Tis even shorter than 'Clip'. And, you know, correct terminology, too. Problem solved, gun nuts happy. Because that is what really matters here. :rolleyes:
Or he can go much more simplier: Don't bother you counting rounds and mags, just write bullets and every 6 shots, you have to reload.

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

-Save bug. Annoying, sure, but you can get past it if you run into a still-alive zombie. That means that it's actually better to leave one zombie alive in each area and save with 50MP left.
Or just save near a doorway and dive out of it immediately on loading. The save bug causes all triggers to stop working just under 2 seconds after loading a game, and some effects like glowing computer screens also cut out at the same time.
Area transitions and some interactions will prevent the bug from kicking in, though, so saving one space away from the door of a small map can bypass the problem.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

has the bestiality part been added yet?

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

No bestiality added yet! The park area is where they were first slated to appear, but armandox dropped out of the project midway through and sort of screwed up my schedule for Sex Zombie. Judging from the current development schedule I'd say July is when you can expect the doggies.

Nonetheless, Sex Zombie is back on track and due for a May release. ABS has been fixed, thankfully, and I'm also adding a new 'struggle' mechanic. Basically, whenever any kind of enemy attacks you, you get x1 get away free card, which takes 30 seconds to recharge after each encounter. Different enemies have different struggle times, but the basic idea is: the faster the enemy moves, the easier it is to break free (because they weigh less), but the slower they are, the harder this becomes (weigh more, vice versa).

Also, I'm replacing the pixel animations in favour of more CG, because that's what the patrons voted for. For the update I'm probably going to add in the walker's attack scene, and then the high school's toilet swarm.

Here's my priority list for the CG:

1. Zombie Attack
2. Toilet Swarm
3. Zombie Bad End
4. Dog Attack
5. Dog Bad End

Morb

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Every time I save the game and load it, all events dissappear completely. Is there any fix to this?

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Every time I save the game and load it, all events dissappear completely. Is there any fix to this?
Yeah, save near an area transition doorway, and quickly jump through it as soon as you load. Events stop working after just under 2 seconds, but if you can transition areas before that happens, you'll avert the bug and can continue playing.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Hi guys! Here is a public release for 0.5.1! I decided to hurry and get it out there to replace 0.4.1, since you can't save at all in the previous. Link here:

A full list of changes can be found on our Patreon!