What's new

ACT [酸遁] Ethereal LegioN (RJ151500)

silentone

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [酸遁] Ethereal LegioN

Hello, everyone. I have some tips for anyone who sort of wants to beat Inferno on their own but prefers to do it the cheezy-breezy way, which actually isn't always that breezy. All bits are for version 1.0 so I don't know if they'll be fixed later.

First is the most obvious point, use the girls magic attack to destroy enemy projectiles. It's pretty useful for protecting summons from frontal and especially rear attacks.
Level tips:
Second, after losing you can continue the stage. Hitting C after losing all will brings up the misaligned CG. The character is actually now free to move, albeit naked. You can then continue the level unimpeded by enemies that spawn from the front but not from enemies that spawn behind you. If caught by one of them again, you are assaulted and then can't recover and really do have to restart. However, this is really only an issue on stage 4-2 where the defense drones are fast enough to catch you if you run. Stage 4-2 is also the only hard stage in the game, so there's that.

To cheese 4-2 I recommend the level 3 Ice Atronach (Winter Atronach) and the Level 4 Flame (fire) Atronach (Burst Atronach). At the start, summon 4 Burst Atronachs and get as far through the level mowing things down (fire-type atronachs are short and immune to tank rounds). If you die, make sure all of your atronachs are destroyed by enemies before hitting C so that you can regen your MP. Once they're gone, hit C and wait until the Magicka gauge reaches 100. Summon 2 winters and 1 burst. Lead them forward slowly so that if a drone arrives, you can hide near the winter's ice barrier (running ahead means that the enemies will spawn between you and the summons, not behind them). The two winters together have a barrier that does enough damage to almost instantly destroy drones, the burst is there to make sure that happens.

For stages 1 and 3 on Inferno, 2 ice (not winter) atronachs and 2 burst atronachs should work. That's absolutely the best team for stage 3 as you can just summon more atronachs as magicka regens and as you see fit (burst takes priority since damage is more important against the shield soldiers).

Stages 2 and 5 are best played with the kuitonarishionna (angel) since it's pretty much invincible due to its ability to destroy projectiles and small enemies, which litter those stages You can possibly summon 4 of them by the time you complete stage 4-1.

The final boss is pretty hit or miss. The most important thing to note is that you as long as you stand in the leftmost corner, you can't lose the fight. Even if you get caught, the boss can't descend to finish you off so you can always tough it out that way. Beyond that, I've had bugs where kui stuck behind offscreen for the entire battle and was invincible and beat the boss and chaos bringers (skull knights) that way. I've also used a team of burst atronachs to defeat the boss after being assaulted and lost ( this has happened again when I used two chaos bringers). It seems there may be a bug where having at least two unimpeded summons tag teaming the final boss can still kill her even after you've lost. So the best way to cheese that is to clear out all enemy summons, get assaulted, and with two damage dealing summons left, let them finish the fight after you lose.

Other notes:
Not using cheat engine and prefer to grind? Stage 3 on inferno is easy and super fast with the above setup. High crystal gains.

Sometimes bosses are easier to kill if you are being raped. Notable is the boar and the machinist (floating guy). If they have no minions around and you have a team of ice atronachs (boar boss, and only if you can get them close enough to attack since their AI is bugged) and burst atronachs (machinist boss, they have low health, but if all enemies are dead then they can't get hurt anyway), they can usually take out the boss before he whittles your willpower down.

Fun notes:
Like BARRAGE was based on the Earth Defense Force series (2017 etc.) Etherial Legion references The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion. Atronachs are from that game, but so is the Oblivion gate looking symbol summon. For 95 magicka you can summon the Arena Champion('s adoring fan), a little elf who will run away and immediately get killed while proclaiming the champion's greatness. Incidentally, his portrait is my avatar.

Also, the shadow version of the characters is clearly a Final Fantasy reference to the black mage, who is pitch black with eyes of yellow. It's kind of erotic in a novel way. Just like clothes leave more to the imagination, so does skin incapable of reflecting any light.

Silly question: Is there any CG gallery? Can't seem to find it :(
It's earlier the thread, the CG gallery (which actually contains CG variations not present in the game) is in a zip folder in the game folder, and needs a password to open, which is also in the thread. Contains both black mage and normal with clothing destruction variations.

Long post but in closing, the game is kind of broken and in a lot of ways it's gameplay won't appeal to all, but it's a very different type of game that actually is really involved if you want to play well. A lot of the work is done in planning for the stage and then executing it. But yeah, it's got problems like bugs, being unable to dismiss summons, and weird hitbox issues that render some things useless.

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Tried the demo but it won't run normally. When running with applocale the launch screen options appear but pressing the buttons does nothing. I guess wait for the english site version since I hate changing my computer to japanese settings...

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Double post sorry (not really) I got the game and I swear i remember reading somewhere that for some reason, sounds that were in the demo aren't playing in the full game due to problems with files being read. I unzipped it normally and I unzipped it with winrar in japanese settings. The files all have proper japanese characters but the sounds still arent playing.

edit: okay i just tried something crazy, i copied all the wave files over from the demo, the ones that all have crazy characters in their names, and i now i have the missing sounds. i guess it needed the screwed up name ones even though it had the proper japanese name ones :confused:

Last edited:

billy jones

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I would like to play the game but it seems like i can't find a link to the game since all the links are down. is it possible if anyone can reupload one?

Striddig

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'm enjoying the game, and have unlocked 'skin mode'. On the main screen there is a code given if you press the f key. What does it do, and where do I type it?

Also, is there are a way to view the little clips at the end of the level? When I beat the final boss I skipped by mistake... :eek:

Finally, what is the deal with the little mage that comes after you on a couple of levels and gets herself screwed? Is there anything we can do with her?

Thanks.

Aestral

Demon Girl
Reputation score

A Reupload would be highly appreciated :D

silentone

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

On the main screen there is a code given if you press the f key. What does it do, and where do I type it?

Finally, what is the deal with the little mage that comes after you on a couple of levels and gets herself screwed? Is there anything we can do with her?

Thanks.
As mentioned before, the code is for a Zip file of the game CGs located in one of the folders. It contains both skinned and unskinned clothing variations of the game CGs. The code is actually the password to unzip the file. Shouldn't be too hard to find.

In the story, the rival mage is under training with the final boss. She was actually chasing you to give you the message that your teacher was just visiting to have a "playdate" at the final boss's castle. Except your character doesn't give her the time of day to speak so she tries to slow you down by force.

In terms of doing anything with her, she has a scene in the post game, but otherwise there's nothing. Not playable and no special CGs for her.

Striddig

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for the info. I figured with the colouring she was perhaps the apprentice of the final boss, but it's good to have a confirm, and the story make sense.

Was disappointed with the end, and would have been nice if the was a switch up or some punishment as the player did 'rescue' her mentor.

billy jones

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

play the taokaka game instead, they are identical!

ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=737484&postcount=99
i saw it yeah and i did download it......it didn't work and i don't know why. :(
:confused:
hopefully it's not just me
if you ask the demo does work but not this one.....

gondantez

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i saw it yeah and i did download it......it didn't work and i don't know why. :(
:confused:
hopefully it's not just me
if you ask the demo does work but not this one.....
its working... try these tips:

Redownload the game and try it again. If that doesn't work, either try Draw as your DirectX may be f*cking up, or your game folder is caught in that halfway between English and japanese Kanji, so change the folder names that are not in the game itself.

If either of those does not work, try opening with Japanese Locale, but that probably is not it. You might be out of luck.

Then again, I am not a PC guy, I am just telling you what I do.
Usually applocale never works the way you want it to. Try changing your region settings and trying again.

igotnostuffs

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I keep trying to remember where the shadow character was in Skyrim.
Then I remember there was a MOD for a character like that. So the dev even references Skyrim Mods.
I bet next time would be a Fallout-like game.

Baboosh

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

mega.nz/#!nhIyDICL!dzWKTkqNbsLkKY-ElA9cRrB07DSymX_IQkBrTsPLgC8[/url]

I think I figured out how to do things!

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Well according to the blog there's more updates to come, including an english version and new content though I can't tell if it's out yet through what I've used to translate the blog.

EchSeeker

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

game is updated to 1.7 about 5 or 6 days ago.

Hentai no Echii

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Some new stuff are added in the new update according to the official blog. (b.dlsite.net/RG27842/)
(Google Translate :/)
Elements that are added or fixed in this update (ver1.7) is as follows.

Map: additional challenge stage of Necromancer disciples after round clear
Erotic: New erotic motion 18 species added
Erotic: New erotic CG4 (8) sheets + difference 8 (16) sheets + bonus 32 (52) sheets added
Erotic: appended to the end of the race switching release operation to for people reading the manual
- Combat: Razuaiba to respawn forever as long as they do not catch on with the summons upper limit have a certain period of time after the death, to the outside of the screen
- Combat: Chaos Bringer and star Paladins changed to shove someone away the enemy (even Chaos Bringer of enemy apply)
- Combat: genocide captain added to the summoning magic (available for purchase at shop)
- Combat: Necro due to stage additional disciple, various revised upward Specter system (also applies Specter to summon the enemy)
 ┗ Spirits: overall strengthening / Reaper: melee force explosion, Vertical change the deployment AI
 ┗ Chaos: modification of the capture range
· UI: Modify the setting mistake of some sound effects
· UI: Add the English of Heikki translation
· UI: Fixed game name had become a "game" to "Ethereal LegioN"
And other modifications of the details we are waiting for bug reports, etc..

philiy

Reputation score

Does anyone have the updated version or is it not worth playing it?

cacapost

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

You play the game in reverse as the necromancer girl in the new stage.
There are some new enemies in some of the stages, no bosses though.

The main character from barrage is a new summon and she basically kills every enemy on the screen, including bosses.

There game is also in english now! broken english but english nontheless.

Still no ghost mode though as far as I know.

Slimeria

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I really liked this game, I'm glad to see they've added a little extra to it like they did with Barrage.