What's new

Everlasting Summer (Nutaku)

freeko

Banned
Reputation score
Re: Everlasting Summer (Nutaku)

You know why the soups and other things are in the front of a supermarket? To get you in the door. Once you are in the door you might actually go off and buy other things as well.

The same principle really applies here. They offer up a VN on the portal that I simply got bored of, but in all fairness the only reason why I tried it at all was that I was waiting for stamina to recharge in angel saga and I was sick of playing arena games against very very dumb computer AI. I could certainly see the inverse being a draw for other people.

"Hey I could play this totally free game, oh lets go check out those other games they have now..."

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You know why the soups and other things are in the front of a supermarket? To get you in the door. Once you are in the door you might actually go off and buy other things as well.

The same principle really applies here. They offer up a VN on the portal that I simply got bored of, but in all fairness the only reason why I tried it at all was that I was waiting for stamina to recharge in angel saga and I was sick of playing arena games against very very dumb computer AI. I could certainly see the inverse being a draw for other people.

"Hey I could play this totally free game, oh lets go check out those other games they have now..."
I played this VN cause of the CG they decided to use.....completely disappoint. Not what I was expecting.....She's still my favorite girl though.

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Overall, I would give this game about 6/10.

The Good:

I really really like the concept of the person (supposedly) stuck in an endless loop at a summer camp until he can make something right. The constant crisis of "why am I here" overlapping with "why are we here" made for some good character turmoil. The art is typically very good, but I get frustrated with multiple artists for single characters (more on that later). I enjoyed trying to figure out the different paths, as they aren't always obvious, but are pretty clear once you've taken the path.

The Okay:

The character talks to himself a lot. Like a lot a lot. I would estimate that about 80% of the game is him thinking to himself. Not that this is all bad, but even if I'm here for the story, I prefer a progressing story over one where the character just seems to be content whinging to himself most of the time. Also, despite the game being a supposed endless loop, you can't actually loop. I thought that you could take another crack at things, but apparently not.

The Not so Good:

The different artists for different character CGs got really jarring and frustrating overall. In games like MGQ you had a single artist draw all of the images for certain characters, and that worked because a monster had a set style. But with the gorgeous blond character Slavya, after you finally get to her H-CGs, the art changes and is lousy compared to that of her character portraits. That really set the game flat on it's face for me. Also, the card tournament was an annoying gate to progress that could have been solved with a like "try to win or no?" choice.

The really really bad:

Very few CGs, and limited character choices. There are gorgeous characters in the game like Olga that you can't romance. That really sucks. Also, the sprite gallery is horribly incomplete, and frustrating to click through.